Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Considering the Crunchyroll thing says it has to be Warner and Smash Mouth are seemingly Nippon Columbia in Japan and not Warner in the west, it's probably ogre for All Star.

And I'll just stop watching once the ending comes on and wonder how david can have such poo poo taste.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBKLiqNSv60

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

hoobajoo posted:

It's not at all uncommon for a Japanese person to have a real hard time speaking English, but can read the same word no problem.

This is true for anyone learning any foreign language though

Well maybe not necessarily if the foreign script is radically different but the point is that understanding a foreign language is much easier than producing it yourself

tiistai fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 8, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You only really need to look at the latest JoJolion (#52) to understand that Araki's (written) English isn't 100% unusable trash, but it's still very much based on a basic level of phonetic spelling out of words and that he's using knowledge that he's basically learned or been told about English, rather than learned English.

The specific reason as to why you can basically assume that is a big spoiler so I'll not go into it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

tiistai posted:

This is true for anyone learning any foreign language though

Lots of countries have the same level of English, in terms of years of schooling, but don't have nearly the gap between oral and written skills that a lot of Japanese people have. Also, English has hosed, non-phonetic, inconsistent spelling, so that should also move the difficulty closer than a language like German.

I know I can speak Japanese better than I can read or write it, but they have mysterious moon-runes to decypher, so it's not a great comparison.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, yeah, wrong thread. Have another late 90s banger with a buildup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQZBew-tmyQ

Dias fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 8, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

it's probably ogre for All Star.

My god, did Josuke just make a SHREK joke? I refuse to believe this.

I probably won't be this pathetic most weeks (I'll stop caring about 'spoilers' for poo poo I already know pretty quickly) but tomorrow I kinda don't care, I'm watching in the morning at work because I'll die from avoiding SA/tumblr/twitter all day before I hear the ED. I just know someone would message me and accidentally spoil it. :devil:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://jojo-animation.com/story/02.html

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I am very much excited for the scene which contains this frame.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Dias posted:

Oh, yeah, wrong thread. Have another late 90s banger with a buildup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQZBew-tmyQ

kid rock is worse than smush math, i actually want all star over any kid rock song

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
My ED Joke theory:

Space Jam

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm also at work, so if someone could just let me know if it's all star so I can drive down to the cursed land Aurain is in and laugh right in his face that'd be swell.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I'm also at work, so if someone could just let me know if it's all star so I can drive down to the cursed land Aurain is in and laugh right in his face that'd be swell.

I'll put the ED name in a spoiler tag in here after the episode ends in Japan. I'm not ripping the OP or ED from broadcast.

We'll see who laughs last though. (People who despise All Star like me AKA clever people)

And if the worst should come to pass, I will eat crow and accept being wrong.

3 hours 'til broadcast.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man being anxious sucks.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If it's All Star y'all should turn this into Shrek Thread 2016.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't agree with Aurian on alot of things but if All Star starts playing at the end of this episode I think I might have an aneurysm

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I forgive you.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

the threat of this ED is gonna be looming over this entire god drat episode

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

multijoe posted:

I don't agree with Aurian on alot of things but if All Star starts playing at the end of this episode I think I might have an aneurysm

Maybe as you watch the series you will come to like both All Star and Smash Mouth by association with JoJo, think positive! :unsmigghh:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A world where buying Diamond is Unbreakable actively contributes your money to Smash Mouth is a poo poo world.

I'd rather give money to Nickelback

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i will release a blood curdling scream if it ends up being that loving song

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It's a cold place

And they say it gets colder

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

1 hour 29 minutes until the Japanese broadcast

ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I went clothes shopping before watching the new episode.

I feel Josuke would be proud of that.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

hambeef posted:

the threat of this ED is gonna be looming over this entire god drat episode

MENACING

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
HYPE FOR FRIDAY

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Crunchyroll is airing in an hour. So Has the Japanese one gone?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It just started airing in Japan, starts at 12:30am Friday night, technically Saturday morning.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

OP is great.

Jazzy pop. The Duwang Gang dance along with it a little, I don't think it's CG like the others though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm looking at pics from the JoJo hashtag on twitter and can confirm this

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The OP is awesome.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Josuke Higashikata posted:

OP is great.

Jazzy pop. The Duwang Gang dance along with it a little, I don't think it's CG like the others though.

That last part is a bit disappointing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Raserys posted:

That last part is a bit disappointing

Agreed

but the hand animation is still good

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
We should be a couple of minutes away from All Star, right?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The ED is

NOT ALL STAR i don't remember the name though

I think it's Savage Garden

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Here's the OP, get it while you can :https://youtu.be/tn-QB3NhV_A

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is the ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05lGaU0SVfQ

Savage Garden - I want you

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

No one saw that ending coming. I don't think a single person guessed Savage Garden.

I'm satisfied though. That's a good choice.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Never heard it before, but listening to it and reading the lyrics, and yeah, that's a GREAT choice.

Now to use the lyrics to swoon my girlfriend a few times until I reveal that, once more, everything I say is a JoJo thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Dexie posted:

I'm satisfied though. That's a good choice.
Same.

I would never have guessed the previous ones ahead of time, but they ended up working perfectly. Looking forward to seeing this with the art for the actual ED.

• Locked thread