Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mt Gagazet is where I started loving around with warp spheres and discovered Yuna is a monster black Mage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
well that's to be expected when you bundle wisdom and int into the same stat and move mdef into a separate stat that isn't tied to your cure spell power

She's also a monster fighter if you put her in Auron or Tidus's tree because her speed is through the fuckin roof.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

If I recall right that Seymor battle is the worst, but if you have Reflect it makes it so much easier. The only thing left to do is keep healing the zombies away or you won't be able to heal yourself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

If I recall right that Seymor battle is the worst, but if you have Reflect it makes it so much easier. The only thing left to do is keep healing the zombies away or you won't be able to heal yourself.

P. sure you're thinking of the Yunalesca fight, aka the other hard boss in FFX

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hm, probably. Just checked a video and Reflect wouldn't work anyway because he apparently keeps dispelling the party. But he can be affliced with Silence.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Also, I didn't give a ratass about Setsuna not coming to the Vita here because that version was dreadful due to Unity, but Romancing Saga only being localized for mobile instead of Vita as well is an atrocity to good gaming everywhere and I hope the dumb tabloids and people with too much time make a huge fuss about it. They sure did about Setsuna.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He also gets poisoned iirc, the difficulty is surviving long enough for it to kill him. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

Also, I didn't give a ratass about Setsuna not coming to the Vita here because that version was dreadful due to Unity, but Romancing Saga only being localized for mobile instead of Vita as well is an atrocity to good gaming everywhere and I hope the dumb tabloids and people with too much time make a huge fuss about it. They sure did about Setsuna.

It's bullshit and I can't imagine a digital only release on Vita of an already translated game would be more effort than is worth it. But the same thing happened with that Seiken Densetsu remake so.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
iOS version of Romancing Saga 2 is full of bugs anyway, you won't want that. Just play the SNES rom with a fan translation

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Seymour at the mountaintop. Shaka, when the walls fell.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Any Japanese only Vita games that an English speaker should keep an eye out for other than Boob Beach Volleyball?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Puyo Puyo Tetris, Taiko V, IA/VT Colurful, the new miku on Vita maybe. There's more importers here but that's what I'd consider fairly safe or low effort for non-jp speakers that I've played.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Policenaut posted:

Romancing SaGa 2 is finally coming overseas... Except the Vita version isn't!

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/romancing-saga-2-coming-west-smartphones

Time to go complain to Square, everybody. No, really, I've waited like 15 years to play RomSaga 2 in English do it.

Or don't.

Square Enix can't even update their software to work on new versions of mobile OSes with literal plural years advance notice. They clearly don't care about whatever they're selling, beyond it bringing in more money for them. Why should I care?

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 8, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Romancing SaGa 2 is finally coming overseas... Except the Vita version isn't!

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/romancing-saga-2-coming-west-smartphones

Time to go complain to Square, everybody. No, really, I've waited like 15 years to play RomSaga 2 in English do it.

You can get the gently caress behind Adventures of Mana, I want to play it with buttons so bad...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Pretty awesome review about Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

http://thevitalounge.net/2016/04/08/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni/

quote:

Well, Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni is a game that fills the needs of life and hometown to anyone coming from the Senran series, but is different enough to feel like it’s not just slapping a skin on our favourite shinobis. While the Senran series on Vita is very much a medium paced musou title with unique characters and tons of tits, Bhikkhuni is a fast paced action title that’s slightly more akin to Devil May Cry. It’s all about quick change, grand moves, and being able to close the gap in a moment. It’s a bit of a different beast, and while that’s not immediately apparent, it soon becomes so once you begin to play.

That’s why I recommend that you don’t just take my word for it here. Buy it, play it, and feel it out for yourself; you can thank me later.

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni is fast-paced musou action title infused with Kenichiro Takaki's brand of fanservice and strengthened by the roots of Senran Kagura experience. It may not be in English, but aside from missing what could be an interesting story due to the language barrier, there's tons of great gameplay for the importer.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Is it awesome, because it's positive?

Also, The Vita Lounge gave the Vita version of Tetris Ultimate a 9/10, so take that for what it's worth!!!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought this thread was the Vita lounge

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought this thread was the Vita lounge

We're a rehab clinic that's not very good at what it does.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

This thread is the Nep-Nep Lounge.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Also, The Vita Lounge gave the Vita version of Tetris Ultimate a 9/10, so take that for what it's worth!!!!

They also said Ultra Despair Girls is good

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

the best vita games were every vita game

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm starting to suspect that the Vita Lounge might have a bias.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Help Im Alive posted:

I enjoyed Ultra Despair Girls for what it was but it was also undeniably bad.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

UDG is proof of a despotic god

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Motto posted:

I'm starting to suspect that the Vita Lounge might have a bias.

Hmmmm, do you think the name might have something to do with it?????

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dragon Fin Soup - 4.8/5

+++ It's on the Vita!
- Bad game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Is it awesome, because it's positive?

The guy actually played the game for one, that is more than most reviewers can brag about. The review also eplained clearly most elements of the game, offering a pretty complete picture about what it offers and how it distinguish itself from Senran Kagura.

I agree that the Vita Lounge can be iffy with its score but then again, that is nothing new these days. What it matters is the actual content of the review and at least on that the site is solid.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SweetBro posted:

The only weapon worth giving to your accessory is the hardest hitting rocket launcher you can find since it gets infinite ammo with it.

wrong, use the giant machine guns or the flame thrower because fire rate isn't factored into weapon power stats

quote:

EDIT: Also gently caress "Mash X" QTEs. Even by QTE standards that is the worst and the laziest thing in existence.

Barbara's Easy Blaster is better for severing than any light melee

give polearms a try if you haven't yet, I found them to be the most effective and fun melee weapons

I enjoyed Freedom Wars a lot but it is not very well balanced

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 8, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The guy actually played the game for one, that is more than most reviewers can brag about.

Oh come on.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

quote:

To start, “X” is both jump (press) and a super-dash (hold)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The guy actually played the game for one, that is more than most reviewers can brag about.

Really.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Remember, if someone reviews a game you like badly, then they didnt play it, or they played it wrong.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That is actually 100% true in the case of Metal Gear Rising + Wonderful 101

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Bastion is rated ostensibly lower than Meatboy and Tetris? Freakin' Meatboy is just Kaizo bullshit.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

MisterAlex posted:

Freakin' Meatboy is just Kaizo bullshit.

begone

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Junpei Hyde posted:

Remember, if someone reviews a game you like badly, then they didnt play it, or they played it wrong.
You joke, but the number of articles based on the first hour or so of a game is pretty staggering

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What? Where are you reading reviews?

Also that was not a good review. It reads more like an extended press release.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I've only found three reviews for the game: Vita lounge's, a french site and from a youtuber

I can't really speak for the french one but the youtuber failed to explain the basic mechanics of the combat and when I asked him about it he answered "isn't relevant because it doesn't offer a significative change to the game"

Something that is utter bullshit since the gameplay is built around those mechanics and thus he was voluntarily gimping the gameplay by not using it.

That kind of stuff isn't an isolated case either, I've found many examples of it many times before. Specially when it relates to SK since a lot of reviews show a pretty strong bias against the game. So I'm just grateful when I find a review where the reviewer has enough interest to play the game and offer an objective and informed opinion on it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think there was a Senran Kagura review that specifically mentioned an English dub as part of the review. You know how I know they never played the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

I'd appreciate it if y'all would just do your own video reviews for games and post the links here.
That way I know you're not being paid off by the publishers.

Record unboxing vids for everything, too, so we can marvel at the tiny card all by itself in the otherwise empty case.