Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

rapeface posted:

I love Sean and Hayes, but I always find Hollywood Handbook a bit too much. The recent Comedy Bang Bang ads made me check out the Kulap ep though, and it's amazing.

Listen to the Neil episode with the TEDD talks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Or the ones with Scott, or their CBB episode.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Listen to Da Vinci's Demons (Mikal Cronin, ep. 35) and Teen Pope (Brian Huskey, ep. 14)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Yeah, I've listened to most of the top episodes and I like them. Their Comedy Bang Bang appearance was by far their funniest though.. I don't like it as much when they're just by themselves and there's a lot of it before each episode.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

rapeface posted:

I love Sean and Hayes, but I always find Hollywood Handbook a bit too much.
Seems tough to hold both of these thoughts simultaneously.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sometimes there can just be too much funny and it overwhelms

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Speaking of HH, seems like todays episode is the annual "oh this is actually a really funny bit but I'm still going to be irrationally scared they're actually going to be cancelled"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Today's HH was the first one in a while that was just okay as opposed to amazing. They've been on a roll for a while though; Big Apple Bible is my favorite episode of any podcast.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Sean referenced Doom in today's episode :swoon:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I never got the fascination with Doom or any of those games. You just look at the back of some guy? big whoop so what

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Shouldn't they assume everyone listens to CBB and not put Uncle Bertie in every podcast feed? I'm just getting it again on Spont now. It wasn't even posted all at once.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It is kind of insane how hard they're pushing that show

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hey, Pistol Shrimps Radio has joined Earwolf! Guess it makes sense, with all the Superego episodes moving to Howl and what have you.

Dire Straits.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

It is kind of insane how hard they're pushing that show

I'm guessing that they pumped a bit of money into it and was hoping/assuming it would be a gateway drug to hook more Howl subscribers.

JethroMcB posted:

Hey, Pistol Shrimps Radio has joined Earwolf! Guess it makes sense, with all the Superego episodes moving to Howl and what have you.
How is Pistol Shrimps Radio?

E:VVV Sounds good. thanks.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 6, 2016

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Ape of Naples posted:

A wonderful mess. Mark McConville kind of knows basketball, Matt Gourley doesn't at all, and the two of them typically lose track of the game and start talking about snacks and movie trivia about twenty minutes in.

"There's wood involved. There's rope...Basketball's a great game." - Mark McConville

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 6, 2016

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

I'm guessing that they pumped a bit of money into it and was hoping/assuming it would be a gateway drug to hook more Howl subscribers.

Very funny regardless of your interest in LA women's municipal basketball (although it's gotten me weirdly invested), especially if you like Superego at all. Them making up names for the refs because they never know their real ones is great ("Referee Taco Tuesday taking the field [Matt can't stop calling it a field]," "She is fouled and we know that because Sexy Ref made a squeak-squeak"), Jensen Karp does a halftime report about the Shrimps' socks as a weirdo foot fetishist character, and Matt keeps trying to get the listeners to mail Mark an anvil.

If you need an entry point, PFT has been a guest because OF COURSE HE HAS.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Jensen Karp's sock report is the highlight of PSR.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

PSR is just a show where two very silly men goof around on microphones for an hour and create all the silliest premises they can think of while a basketball game is going on in the background. Occasionally they talk about the things that are going on in the basketball game, but usually only as fuel for their bits. Sometimes Matt gets very angry in an hilarious way if someone fouls his girlfriend.

Anyone know anything about Hard Nation, another new Earwolf show? Saw it pop up on Twitter earlier. Nicole Byer is always a hoot, and I love Anthony Atamanuik so the guests are great. Is the premise just a comedic political talk show?

e: Also, really enjoyed episode 1 of Beautiful Anonymous, but I'm afraid the other episodes aren't going to be as interesting based on the descriptions. Anyone listen to all of 'em?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 6, 2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Crindee posted:

If you need an entry point, PFT has been a guest because OF COURSE HE HAS.

The man loves podcasts!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

feedmyleg posted:

e: Also, really enjoyed episode 1 of Beautiful Anonymous, but I'm afraid the other episodes aren't going to be as interesting based on the descriptions. Anyone listen to all of 'em?

#2 was great, been having a hard time getting through #3

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

feedmyleg posted:

I haven't listened to the one that came out this week (yesterday?) but I have listened to the rest, the 3rd one was amazing. If you liked the first one you'll probably like the others.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The Berzerker posted:

the 3rd one was amazing.

huh. the illustrator?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

oh whoops, that episode was kinda boring and I literally forgot it happened. No, the 4th episode was amazing. the illustrator one was the weakest of the 4 I have heard

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

all is right again in the world

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish Hayes + Sean had a side podcast where they answered the Question of the Day

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish Hayes + Sean had a side podcast where they answered the Question of the Day

Particularly if they just ironically doubled down on the actual responses of the Question of the Day guys.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

something tells me talking poo poo about an actually bad podcast would go beyond irony and get into "that time the bachelor had a one-armed woman rollerskate" serious mockery territory

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
It would probably be like the time they went over the James Bond director's advice for people trying to get into the biz: hilarious

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Homework Explainer posted:

something tells me talking poo poo about an actually bad podcast would go beyond irony and get into "that one time the bachelor had a one-armed woman rollerskate" serious mockery territory

You know, we are not only lucky to live in a world where not only Reality Show Show and that season of the Bachelor existed, but they existed at the same time so Sean and Hayes could rip on that.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

feedmyleg posted:

Occasionally they talk about the things that are going on in the basketball game, but usually only as fuel for their bits. Sometimes Matt gets very angry in an hilarious way if someone fouls his girlfriend.
Last season (I think) had a game with a 20-point comeback and you could tell it was the first time Matt really got into a basketball game. It was adorable.

Also that time someone elbowed Han M'Boogie in the face and he reacted like a little kid getting mad at pro-wrestling heels.

But yeah, most of it is just the two of them loving around and opening fan-packages containing comically oversized bags of candy (because Matt always forgets to eat before the game). If you enjoy Superego in any way, shape or form you're gonna like this, even if you don't watch basketball.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tarranon posted:

It would probably be like the time they went over the James Bond director's advice for people trying to get into the biz: hilarious

well yes but there might be actual repercussions if the good owns were done on people who might listen to them. i don't disagree that it would be funny though

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
After listening to the first Earwolf PSR: It's still mostly the same but this was the first time where I thought that if I was a woman just looking to play some rec league basketball I'd probably get really annoyed playing this team with their documentary crew running around and the two idiots mumbling dumb jokes while you're trying to shoot free throws.

Also don't know how I feel about them trying to incorporate actual commercials instead of made up ones now that they're on Earwolf because the previous seasons were some of the most Just loving Around podcast material ever.

That said, it's still a free weekly dose of Superego dudes being funny together so whatevs

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 8, 2016

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I can't imagine people who mostly work in showbiz getting grumpy about a lot of publicity, even if you are called Han M'boogie most of the time.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I was talking about their opponents.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I don't listen to PSR, but aren't sports commentators usually speaking into microphone off to the side? Or is their commentary amplified in the actual venue?

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

UP AND ADAM posted:

I don't listen to PSR, but aren't sports commentators usually speaking into microphone off to the side? Or is their commentary amplified in the actual venue?

I'm pretty sure nobody ever hears them really because this past episode the two of them were remarking about how they didn't like that the gymnasium made them louder and more audible to people at the event.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

UP AND ADAM posted:

I don't know how many rec leagues you've played it, usually not the most raucous crowds, if anyone is watching at all.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
The song in episode 14 on magic tavern is the greatest moment in improv comedy ever and single handedly justifies podcasting as a medium

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Anyone listen to Hard Nation, the talk radio parody? It's pretty great so far. Nicole Beyer as Hillary and Anthony Atamanuik as Trump have been the past guests in what I'm guessing is a limited series for the 2016 election. It stars Paul Welch and Mike Still, head of UCB theater in LA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Anyone listen to Hard Nation, the talk radio parody? It's pretty great so far. Nicole Beyer as Hillary and Anthony Atamanuik as Trump have been the past guests in what I'm guessing is a limited series for the 2016 election. It stars Paul Welch and Mike Still, head of UCB theater in LA.

Listened to the Trump ep. The pace reminds me of talk radio from Grand Theft Auto, which all aural comedy should aspire to.