Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
oh god, i totally forgot:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Dark Souls II, NG++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXK7of9N5-E

Earthen Peak is one of the more complex and interesting areas of the early game, though of course later on the DLC locations put it to shame. (The DLC co-op areas are a mess and also an exception to this.) Something I forgot to say in the video is that apparently the health-on-kill effect of the Loyce Set applies only for female characters. I wonder why, considering that the last time this sort of effect (sex-based equipment differences) occurred was Demon's Souls. One possibility is that it's supposed to occur upon killing enemies of the opposite sex (according to fextralife), and that most NPCs and enemies are set as "male" by default.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Jungle is basically an extended version of the Hub Ruins. We're introduced to a few new game mechanics, a new enemy type, and a new weapon, but nothing terribly exciting yet. The escalation into absurdity is still yet to come. In the meantime, enjoy more arbitrary comics stuff:

Thread question: Do Leapers qualify as dinosaurs? Am I dinosaur hunting when I kill Leapers? Hmm...

Sally fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 27, 2021

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Let's do more sound puzzles. These were pretty fun!
--

Episode 6.5 - Selenitic Lore
Episode 7 - Rocket Man

---
Episode List: Playlist
Episode 1 - The Stranger
Episode 2 - Groundwork
Episode 2.5 - Channelwood Lore
Episode 3 - Ewok Village
Episode 3.5 - Stoneship Lore
Episode 4 - Rough Waters
Episode 5 - Lost at Sea
Episode 6 - Maestro
Episode 6.5 - Selenitic Lore
Episode 7 - Rocket Man

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 7, 2016

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8
Not too many episodes to go! This would be the last episode before the final boss but we actually managed to find the second secret exit in this campaign, so you get an extra episode for the secret level for the next video. Lucky you!

Part 25: EXCITEMENT 2016

Also it's legit nuts that according to our YouTube analytics a bunch of you people have actually watched through our entire celebratory 100th video, 1 hour and 20 minutes of Kirby's Dream Course. Heartwarming. <3

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

crab avatar posted:

Also it's legit nuts that according to our YouTube analytics a bunch of you people have actually watched through our entire celebratory 100th video, 1 hour and 20 minutes of Kirby's Dream Course. Heartwarming. <3

YouTube people are weird. For a long time the most viewed and longest watch time videos on my channel were the archives of the multi-hour grinding streams for our Digimon World LP. Nothing happened in them for the most part, and a couple times we made negative progress.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

:siren::siren::siren:OFF-WORLD INTERCEPTOR EXTREME - EXTREME UPDATE 2 - PLANET ATLANTIS POINT & RAE GROOSHA:siren::siren::siren:

uhh

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
It's basically got a gigantic Linegun on the front, you know Isaac is thinking about how he'd like the keys to one of those every time the ad comes on.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

.... :sweatdrop:

Well, it is edifying to know there's a consistent formula (with those couple exceptions, heh). In that case, I meant "natural" breakpoints, like in the Demon's Souls stream I've been doing, now that the levels cost around 20k apiece, the game is being pretty clear that I'm near the max level I can expect to get this playthrough. The soul cost per level is only half the equation, the rest is how many souls you're being rewarded for playing, and that varies tremendously; like the skeletons in 4-2 being worth 800 and the kobolds in 5-2 being like 20% that.

NGDBSS posted:

Earthen Peak

Good stuff, it's wild how powerful the manikins get with a couple cycles in them. Speaking of Mog in Earthen Peak, she actually did get hit with Mytha's grab you reference. I cut off her tail too, but I think it's in cut [... :v: ] footage from the series of failed attempts I tried to show off how hard it is to beat her with the poison-filled arena. It's actually worth it to cut her tail, since it shuts down the grab and spin attacks, which are about the only mixups she has.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Wayne posted:

.... :sweatdrop:

Well, it is edifying to know there's a consistent formula (with those couple exceptions, heh). In that case, I meant "natural" breakpoints, like in the Demon's Souls stream I've been doing, now that the levels cost around 20k apiece, the game is being pretty clear that I'm near the max level I can expect to get this playthrough. The soul cost per level is only half the equation, the rest is how many souls you're being rewarded for playing, and that varies tremendously; like the skeletons in 4-2 being worth 800 and the kobolds in 5-2 being like 20% that.
Gotcha. I'd thought you were speaking of explicit breakpoints, rather than the implicit ones that result from rewards having more limited scaling than costs. Yeah, those tend to show up in a lot of RPGs with sufficient access to free-roaming combat, and thus the hardness of those implicit breakpoints mostly depends on how quickly one's costs scale. (After all the rewards for free-roaming combat are relatively fixed within a given region of the game world.) On the one end you've got Dark Souls 2's super-lenient exponential scaling and the nearly flat scaling of things like the Paper Mario games, while on the other end you have games like Trails in the Sky SC or Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (:v:) where your XP gains are dramatically slashed if you outlevel your enemies. I'd wager that most of the Souls games are somewhere in the middle, given that the rewards don't taper off too hard in the endgame and that you can still farm with just a bit of tedium if you have to.

quote:

Good stuff, it's wild how powerful the manikins get with a couple cycles in them. Speaking of Mog in Earthen Peak, she actually did get hit with Mytha's grab you reference. I cut off her tail too, but I think it's in cut [... :v: ] footage from the series of failed attempts I tried to show off how hard it is to beat her with the poison-filled arena. It's actually worth it to cut her tail, since it shuts down the grab and spin attacks, which are about the only mixups she has.
I've never bothered to cut her tail, but speaking of the poison-filled arena I have managed to kill Mytha there twice. The first time was way back in the early release days when people didn't know so much about burning the windmill, so when I was summoned as a co-op buddy I was a bit surprised about the arena. Luckily we barely managed to pull through by swapping off from time to time (with two phantoms this was not hard) and using lifegems to allay the poison. The second time, I'd been grabbing footage for a highlight reel from Scholar, and so I decided to show off both how the fight can become more difficult and also the fun of rolling around in poison while being immune. (Yorgh's Spear is a wonderful testing stick.)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Fish Noise posted:

It's basically got a gigantic Linegun on the front, you know Isaac is thinking about how he'd like the keys to one of those every time the ad comes on.

It'd run better than the Crozier. (What a piece of poo poo).

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Blind Sally posted:

:siren::siren::siren:OFF-WORLD INTERCEPTOR EXTREME - EXTREME UPDATE 2 - PLANET ATLANTIS POINT & RAE GROOSHA:siren::siren::siren:

uhh

I can't hear any of the ingame audio over your voices and it makes me very sad.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's why the no commentary version exists!

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

CJacobs posted:

That's why the no commentary version exists!
Why would I ever want that

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, yknow, thinking about it the no commentary version isn't actually a no commentary version because you've still got the two chuckleyucks on the couch making era-relevant jokes. You are between a rock, a hard place, and another hard place I'm afraid.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

CJacobs posted:

You are between a rock, a hard place, and another hard place I'm afraid.

And a lamp. For some reason? Because it vaguely looks like Crow T Robot maybe?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of rocks and hard places, what happened with Bubsy 2? Your fanbase demands suffering!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

bubsy bubsy bubsy bubsy

wait what cjacobs has a fanbase?

gently caress that bubsy bubsy bubsy!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What could PAWssibly go wrong???:greencube:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

anilEhilated posted:

Speaking of rocks and hard places, what happened with Bubsy 2? Your fanbase demands suffering!

It's probably coming soon, maybe.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

It's probably coming soon, maybe.

Don't chicken out on us mate!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's already recorded and edited, it's been that way for multiple months. I'm just having a hard time deciding how to split it up. I might just dump what there is as one video.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Shinjobi posted:

What could PAWssibly go wrong???:greencube:

Why do people keep saying it this way?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

To emphasize Bubsy's lovely pun.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

But it wasn't a pun. It's not even written anywhere. The only reason the title of the game and the level names have wordplay in them is because it's mimicking TV cartoon episode titles.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Cheez posted:

But it wasn't a pun. It's not even written anywhere. The only reason the title of the game and the level names have wordplay in them is because it's mimicking TV cartoon episode titles.
I'm fairly sure it's one if his lines.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

I'm fairly sure it's one if his lines.

Yes, I know he SAYS it, but he doesn't say it in a way that makes it sound like a pun. Why are you looking for more reasons to hate yourself? Isn't playing and watching Bubsy enough?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Cheez posted:

Yes, I know he SAYS it, but he doesn't say it in a way that makes it sound like a pun. Why are you looking for more reasons to hate yourself? Isn't playing and watching Bubsy enough?

What could PAWsibly go wrong?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Cheez posted:

Well, the Steam blurb in the shop mentions it as his catchphrase and writes it that way. Put it together with the level names and horrible puns become a pretty integral part of the Bubsy experience.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Cheez posted:

Bubsy is love. Bubsy is life.

Lacedaemonius posted:

I can't hear any of the ingame audio over your voices and it makes me very sad.

We can try and talk over those two guys talking over cutscenes less in the future. No promises. Though I do wish we didn't talk over that messed up The Crow reference in the first video:

GUY 1: "What, does that guy think he's a crow?"
GUY 2: "I wish he was The Crow, 'cause then he'd be dead."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
gently caress bubsy

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Dark Souls II, NG++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuKxzBXO1nA

Of the four areas in which you can find a Great Soul in DS2, Iron Keep would likely be my favorite. The complexity is pretty good, you're encouraged to take things carefully (the Bow of Want never fails), and with a bit of planning you can get around the otherwise insurmountable lava. Or laugh at the Smelter Demon once he enters his third phase. :supaburn:

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8

mikeycp posted:

YouTube people are weird. For a long time the most viewed and longest watch time videos on my channel were the archives of the multi-hour grinding streams for our Digimon World LP. Nothing happened in them for the most part, and a couple times we made negative progress.
Hey there, horrible content buddy :tipshat::hf::haw: Speaking of which...

Today I have for you some gruelling low ammo, low health Mini Battlelord fights ughhh. Also, during recording I totally thought this was gonna be the final boss instead of a secret level.

Part 26: A SINGLE PIG

:siren: Watch from Part 1 over here! :synthy:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hey I made this bubsy avatar that I'm not going to use if somebody wants it. Please take it away from me.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Blind Sally posted:

We can try and talk over those two guys talking over cutscenes less in the future. No promises. Though I do wish we didn't talk over that messed up The Crow reference in the first video:

GUY 1: "What, does that guy think he's a crow?"
GUY 2: "I wish he was The Crow, 'cause then he'd be dead."
The problem isn't talking over others, it's that there's so many more decibels in your and CJ's voices than the game. At any given time I was adjusting the volume.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i'll look into it for future vids.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Let's Play Miami Vice: The Game

Miami Vice for the PSP was an official tie-in to the movie reboot. For some reason it features an in-depth drug trading simulation system that you can use to buy upgrades for your guns, clothes, information, or more drugs. It got a pretty middling reception, but as a fan of third person shooters, I think it's alright. The arcadey gameplay befits a portable title and there's some depth to the collectibles and their functionality. Also there's a weed baron.

My game capture broke and I am bored so this is what I am doing with my life until I get it replaced.

Videos:

That's everything!

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 17, 2016

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
My 10-year-old nephew wants to be an LP Superstar, so I played MAME with him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whK1w8pr7fE

While we're at it I don't think I linked this originally, me and my LP partner tungsten play bizarre Japanese arcade 'gem' PuLiRuLa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s6X5yRa-W4

I can't paste these goddamn YouTube URLs in without them parsing into tags, gently caress

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

El Generico posted:

My 10-year-old nephew wants to be an LP Superstar, so I played MAME with him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whK1w8pr7fE

While we're at it I don't think I linked this originally, me and my LP partner tungsten play bizarre Japanese arcade 'gem' PuLiRuLa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s6X5yRa-W4

I can't paste these goddamn YouTube URLs in without them parsing into tags, gently caress

I hope this helps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Not vaporwave.