Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Begemot posted:

This reminds me if the "no new information" one where like of you're not keyed in to the very specific rhetoric of this brand of Christianity it's completely meaningless.

Like, maybe? Is the joke supposed to be that the answer is obviously yes or no? I have no idea what it's even trying to imply.

I think it's a flowchart.

'Candidates are mocking each other. Rather then the News Media siding with whose right (I'm assuming it's Republicans here because come on), they're being like "well here's what they SAID but you know you can never say what's true or not.'

leading to 'I mean can you even say there's a truth in the Universe that's real?' followed by the Bible verse, you're supposed to read, I assume 'Yes, the Truth is Jesus Lamb of God Lord of All' etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Buy some War Bonds, yo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

New Bond flick looking good.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Oh right, that's why we like Bennett.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Gee thanks for the wad of stuff

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

walgreenslatino posted:

Gee thanks for the wad of stuff
Fallout 5 crafting system looking good.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

colonel_korn posted:

2 and this one

"what about my right to choose?"
\

colonel_korn posted:

1 oh hey it's this cartoon again

Snowing hard with accumulation is totally abnormal for the middle of April. Even the snowman wants Bernie to win the election, but stated it in a cutesy way. A strange but somewhat accurate cartoon.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Xander77 posted:

Buy some War Bonds, yo.

This cracks me up because the Germans... Were not good about this during WW2

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Rall is increasingly drawing comics that features people and objects in a white void.

Is Tinsley unique, or perhaps this is the fate of all cartoonists?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
This one I actually recognize, it's used as a pretty famous example of WW2 anti-Japanese sentiment.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, so, he buys victory bonds because he likes watching white people hug? Because there are easier ways to get white people to hug, this guy would be better off saving his money.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

See, without knowing the random biblical context, I was reading this as "Exasperated newscaster has to wax philosophical about whether truth really exists in order to maintain a smile while discussing what politicians are saying". Then I saw the dog whistle at the end

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I always love the WW2 era propaganda. Here's a funky one from Russia, iirc it translates to "Soviet Army March On".

DarklyDreaming posted:

Excellent tank chat :killdozer:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

DarklyDreaming posted:

That was a talk terrible enough to bore a person who is generally fairly interested in dull military logistics bullshit AND linked to a specific time in the video that still didn't support your point. Well done.

Weirdo posted:

I always love the WW2 era propaganda. Here's a funky one from Russia, iirc it translates to "Soviet Army March On".

Probably not Russian. Definitely doesn't translate to that.

Edit - Presumably, this is a German storm-trooper propaganda poster of some sort.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 8, 2016

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, so, he buys victory bonds because he likes watching white people hug? Because there are easier ways to get white people to hug, this guy would be better off saving his money.

He's happy to see the noble white man return home to his loved ones after protecting the perfidious colored man's freedom.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

I think you mean, "Go ahead, prease - take day off, like rittle dog!"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It provides him momentary relief from the incredible racism he's subject to every day. A Sad But True Cartoon

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

I think you mean, "Go ahead, prease - take day off, like rittle dog!"

gently caress, can someone post that horrifically racist comic with Obama licking the toes of the fat Chinese or Japanese dude who's saying something like "Haha me rikey rittle chocarate man".

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Thump! posted:

gently caress, can someone post that horrifically racist comic with Obama licking the toes of the fat Chinese or Japanese dude who's saying something like "Haha me rikey rittle chocarate man".

That's a parody.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

That's a parody.

Oh.

Well it's still funny :shobon:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Thump! posted:

Inspired by: http://townhall.com/political-cartoons/scottstantis/2009/11/17/9013

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

So Hilldog is Tom and Bernie is Jerry? Now I need to see an edit of one of their toons before the end of the primary.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

colonel_korn posted:

2 and this one

What is his right to choose supposed to be? Babies have a right to choose to live, I'm assuming? Try putting them next to an electric socket unsupervised and see how that works out. :colbert:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The inspiration is still more racist than the WW2 propaganda.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

I would normally be predisposed to like this cartoon but it's bothering me that the metaphor involves a cat being served a bowl full of tiny wedges of cheese

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

loquacius posted:

I would normally be predisposed to like this cartoon but it's bothering me that the metaphor involves a cat being served a bowl full of tiny wedges of cheese

Yeah, everyone knows you serve cheese to a cat by putting it on their head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ86oNJLlVg

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

The noble samurai, symbol of the history and spirit of China.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

"That's why i'm voting Trump!"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

even minstrel show performers buy war bonds, so you should too

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It'd be fun to put together a compilation of context-less, cutout women from those cartoons where a fetus is thinking or saying something. Just a collection of black voids, headless outlines, etc.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

A tumblr that would run for a year, then stop updating. Just like "if global warming, why cold" and "gently caress adorable children".

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It would be awful if Obama reacted this way to this poo poo that didn't happen.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why do I always first learn these things from the politoons thread :ohdear:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

cheerfullydrab posted:

It'd be fun to put together a compilation of context-less, cutout women from those cartoons where a fetus is thinking or saying something. Just a collection of black voids, headless outlines, etc.

Good news, there's an entire unironic comic devoted to doing this

http://www.umberttheunborn.com/

e: the more I think about it the more "The Unborn" sounds like some kind of Lovecraftian horror

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 8, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Now post the one where the talking fetus is stuck in a fallopian tube and the woman bleeds into her abdomen and dies of shock.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Martin Rowson actually riffing off of communist propaganda

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MariusLecter posted:

Now post the one where the talking fetus is stuck in a fallopian tube and the woman bleeds into her abdomen and dies of shock.

Just in case the current madness has made people forget earlier Republican candidates were also giant pieces of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Saint Sputnik posted:

Good news, there's an entire unironic comic devoted to doing this

http://www.umberttheunborn.com/

e: the more I think about it the more "The Unborn" sounds like some kind of Lovecraftian horror

Honey, why are you coating that adding machine with lube? Our son needs a what?

• Locked thread