Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CommonShore posted:

I move that Eonwe be made a GSF director with no portfolio and absolute power.

EVE online account/participation not required.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dadbuck posted:

An FC cadre makes the huge numbers a potent weapon. Without sufficiently good FCs it just doesn't work. Although, maybe from the narrative, or the lack of a new charismatic leader, fleet numbers are waning. That is a double whammy!

Our numbers have actually been getting better as our allies have been consolidating.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CommonShore posted:

:catstare:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

CommonShore posted:

You should move to stop posting.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

Eonwe for GSF CEO.

It's what the people want in their hearts.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

thats not nice

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

vyst posted:

no u

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also if Eonwe becomes GSF CEO, DBRB may have a meltdown so that's a plus.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sorry I look at enough spreadsheets at work, i dont need a second job being responsible for more spreadsheets in EVE

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

sorry I look at enough spreadsheets at work, i dont need a second job being responsible for more spreadsheets in EVE

how do you feel about trello boards

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Eonwe posted:

But you do spin! That's all one needs to win at EVE, ask Mittens.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Dadbuck posted:

Repeating yourself a bit much there.

Take a breath, and provide a calm, collected response. No need to come off all angry here.

We're all bros, even if some us don't like the message of truth.

Dude, I looked at your profile. And I've read most of your posts so far. You're posting like a 12-year-old edgelord pretending to be edgy. Your profile is somehow even worse. Please install a humor-upgrade before posting more.

hailthefish posted:

Now I'm tempted to make scam contracts for PLEX titled "Goon quitting EVE - firesale!!!"

People at Jita are already one step ahead of you. :v:

Xachariah posted:

For what it's worth I approve of the new SP thing. Biggest hurdle for new people is having to wait while you train requirements for stuff.

10k is a lot to new people but nothing to people who are vets with 50m. New blood is good for the game.

It's also only about 1/5th of the SP you earn per day anyway, so not that much of a boost. As long as you aren't suffering from OCD so hard you need medical help, you can safely ignore it if you don't have the time to log in. And it's nice for newbies, always a plus.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

As the only person who squeezed a post out of him that wasn't basic reddit prose I feel I am doing well here. Like a lot of his other posts are dumb but the latest one is at least on point regardless if I agree with everything said.
but that encourages him to post more and then we get :

Libluini posted:

Dude, I looked at your profile. And I've read most of your posts so far. You're posting like a 12-year-old edgelord pretending to be edgy. Your profile is somehow even worse. Please install a humor-upgrade before posting more.

:sigh:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Eonwe posted:

thats not nice

No, that's Vyst.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Eonwe posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4dw5lk/massive_pvp_mmo/

THE MITTANI IS OFTEN COMPARED TO THE MAN WHO OVERSAW THE WHOLESALE SLAUGHTER OF MILLIONS

i clicked the link and that guy is hella dumb and reddit is hella bad

ty for reading, please upvote this post

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Tbh we're due for a dadbuck puppetmaster post in the next few pages

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i sense a lot of unironic dislike for reddit. i dont understand why? r/news is a great place to find out what's happening in the world

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

when you boil it down, all websites have had pedo mods and redpill enthusiasts so i dont see the problem

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

i sense a lot of unironic dislike for reddit. i dont understand why? r/news is a great place to find out what's happening in the world

its got a really stupid layout and it actively discourages dissenting opinions with the vote system

IT ALSO HAS A REALLY STUPID loving LAYOUT

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

If you want to find out what happens in the world, I suggest going to some reliable news source of your choosing, not a loving internet forum

Also Reddit is bad and you should feel bad for liking it. :colbert:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

its got a really stupid layout and it actively discourages dissenting opinions with the vote system

well dont be a part of communities that dont follow reddit etiquette imo. there are many subs that do and you can even start your own :)

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Libluini posted:

If you want to find out what happens in the world, I suggest going to some reliable news source of your choosing, not a loving internet forum

Also Reddit is bad and you should feel bad for liking it. :colbert:

friend, every news source is going to have some bias. see en24 vs. tmc, for an example

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

the only thing worse than reddits 1996 layout and dumbest-idiot-wins voting system, is the people that actually identify with it as their 'community'. gently caress me is that depressing.

the voting system and hands-off mood seems to attract all the worst internet libertarians/red pillers/pedos into one place

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Blazing Zero posted:

well dont be a part of communities that dont follow reddit etiquette imo. there are many subs that do and you can even start your own :)

those dont exist

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

GaussianCopula posted:

Getting a super is the last thing you do before going inactive or joining PL

You don't need a super to join PL.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

Cygni posted:

the only thing worse than reddits 1996 layout and dumbest-idiot-wins voting system, is the people that actually identify with it as their 'community'. gently caress me is that depressing.

the voting system and hands-off mood seems to attract all the worst internet libertarians/red pillers/pedos into one place

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
lol the letters h t h wordfilters to hth

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

That would just encourage those chucklefucks responsible for Reddit. :mad:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Reddit is okay for instant gratification. The constant stream of content from the millions of users means that if you are in the mood for funny cat videos, you will probably be able to find a bunch of new ones.

Reddit is bad if you ever have a difference of opinion ever, because it is an echo chamber. The popular opinions get repeated ad nauseum because how else are you going to get ~le internet points~, while the unpopular ones are buried because people don't agree with them, and so don't upvote them (this is charitable, the actual behaviour is usually disagree=downvote). Thus, you have the current state of affairs on r/eve, where anything coming from the Imperium is actively rejected and muted because the majority of redditors don't like goons.

The only really decent communities on reddit tend to be the smaller ones.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

friend, every news source is going to have some bias. see en24 vs. tmc, for an example

Neither of those are news sources.

Wait a minute, when you talked about finding out what's happening "in the world", you were talking about EVE, right?

You loving did

EVE = world.

:lol:

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Eonwe posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4dw5lk/massive_pvp_mmo/

THE MITTANI IS OFTEN COMPARED TO THE MAN WHO OVERSAW THE WHOLESALE SLAUGHTER OF MILLIONS

He... he thinks you're... ugh.

Holy poo poo reddit, you outdo yourself every time.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Cygni posted:

yeah, people identifying as goons really just... ugh. and those libertarians in dnd just wow. i cant even

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

also, it's abhorrent to goons because it's possible for people to not have to read your post, and that is sacrilege of the highest order

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

ChickenWing posted:

The only really decent communities on reddit tend to be the smaller ones.

r/destroyedtanks

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

In my experience this is just a matter of people not liking new and different things.

I hated reddit when I first started posting there instead of my usual imageboards, just as I sorta thought SA's layout was lovely. It all grows on you over time.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Libluini posted:

Wait a minute, when you talked about finding out what's happening "in the world", you were talking about EVE, right?

You loving did

EVE = world.

tmc has news about space so that's in the world

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

also, it's abhorrent to goons because it's possible for people to not have to read your post, and that is sacrilege of the highest order

every post is lovingly crafted, here and on reddit in my experience

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dadbuck posted:

Mittani spends more time on the faux media empire, than leading goons. He was never really a good leader and I could have told you that in 2006.

More activity on SA, than actually ingame.

Mittens has all of 682 posts here since 2004.

That's not exactly active.

Shut up idiot.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Libluini posted:

You loving did

EVE = world.

no, and nobody gets their news from text-posts on reddit, they get it from links to actual real websites.

The post implying there's no bias is dumb though because reddit is comically leftist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dragonstalking posted:

In my experience this is just a matter of people not liking new and different things.

I hated reddit when I first started posting there instead of my usual imageboards, just as I sorta thought SA's layout was lovely. It all grows on you over time.

it's stupid and you're awful

huh all these imgur links or bad puns at the top of a thread with dozens of lovely LOL U WENT THERE comments wow this sure is growing on me

• Locked thread