Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cbear posted:

Does it take awhile to get invited to a goon city? Just wondering if i should join a pubbie in the mean time.
There's almost no downside to joining a pubbie city in the meantime, so long as you don't put in a lot of investment. You have something like a ten-day waiting period in the old city if you want to carry over your investments. If you're new and joining a goon city they're probably only hoping for warm bodies for raids though, not whatever drop in the bucket you can contribute to investments (since they're already absurdly built up). If you eventually play long enough to catch up that's a bonus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

I got a Leather Key from a roulette wheel spin, but when i try to sell it it tells me that I can't sell for more than my net worth.

Does this mean i can't sell it until I have 2.25 mil gold on hand or what?

Is it a legit strategy to funnel gems into keys and then keys into gold if I need gold?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Telex posted:

I got a Leather Key from a roulette wheel spin, but when i try to sell it it tells me that I can't sell for more than my net worth.

Does this mean i can't sell it until I have 2.25 mil gold on hand or what?

Is it a legit strategy to funnel gems into keys and then keys into gold if I need gold?

Net worth is definitely not what you have on hand, since I have 10M net worth and 3.6 on hand. It might be how much you have invested into your shop or something?

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Are there things I can be doing to increase my chances of getting keys? What can I get keys from, anyway?

...you have to be level 15 to buy things from the trading house with gems :(

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I think most of my keys are from bulk orders and guild raids

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

All of the bulk orders I've seen so far have been for things I'm not able to make, and have no idea even where I am in the crafting tree to them. :(

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

gwrtheyrn posted:

Net worth is definitely not what you have on hand, since I have 10M net worth and 3.6 on hand. It might be how much you have invested into your shop or something?
It includes your shop and city investments.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Axiem posted:

Are there things I can be doing to increase my chances of getting keys? What can I get keys from, anyway?

...you have to be level 15 to buy things from the trading house with gems :(

It only takes a couple of hours to hit lvl 15. I know I did it in my first weekend playing.

Besides, there are way better uses of gems than buying stuff now. A second fusion slot, upgraded craft, quest, and trade house slots...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Telex posted:

Yes, back when I could actually sell quest drops for gems I would buy keys and then sell them for gold. I even made a spreadsheet for it so I could figure out what my best value is. That's boring but the market has simplified that: any key quality lower than a Magic Key is currently going for maximum gold price, so you will 'lose money' compared to buying a magic key and selling that. The higher quality the key the better a ratio you will get.

Conversely, because the gold cost is constrained, lower quality keys are a better value for buying gems through keys. However, if you want to buy a low key for gold you either have to snipe them from offer like the bots do or go on the loooooooooooong waiting list on request.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

LLSix posted:

Besides, there are way better uses of gems than buying stuff now. A second fusion slot, upgraded craft, quest, and trade house slots...

I'd use gems to buy a key or two, and sell it to get lots of gold. Otherwise, I'm saving up.

I'm seeing a lot of things suggesting saving up for the 2000 gem extra person upgrade at 24 or whatever. Is that still the advice, or is it worth getting auto-craft or auto-quest spots as soon as possible?

What's the point of the fusion cauldron?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm at level 22 and I've blown the gold cost of the 24 extra employee multiple times over, so I wouldn't see why you'd use gems to get it. Meanwhile, the auto-craft slots are insanely useful as you get further down the trees and stuff starts needing previous crafts that themselves need previous crafts.

Also the fusion cauldron is for combining stuff to increase its quality.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ghostlight posted:

I'm at level 22 and I've blown the gold cost of the 24 extra employee multiple times over, so I wouldn't see why you'd use gems to get it. Meanwhile, the auto-craft slots are insanely useful as you get further down the trees and stuff starts needing previous crafts that themselves need previous crafts.
Yeah, I used gems at level 24 to get the level 30 worker slot instead. At that time, getting to 30 was an impossible dream. Of course, now I'm up to like 32, but this was before I had other reasons I needed to level up.

Doctor Goon
Nov 15, 2013
Hey folks, I'm a puny lvl6 and I'm mostly playing when I get bored on the couch, but if anyone's OK with that I'd like an invite :) My name is drgoon#11281.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

If I build an item with an auto-craft slot, does it give me credit for building all of the intermediate items?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

No you don't get mastery progress with auto crafts.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Went through and invited a few folks, and added a few things to the second post.

I've been ultra busy so I'm trying to catch up. Thanks to my town-mates for contributing more than I am this weekend :v:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dragongem posted:

Went through and invited a few folks, and added a few things to the second post.
You didn't put upgraded trade slots on that first part, I really like the one I have and am working on getting more but that will heavily depend on playstyle. You almost have to have one upgraded slot to profit directly from quest mats anymore though.

Edit: Looks like they pushed through an update that fixes the horrible delay when zooming/panning over the shop. Also I didn't notice this before but you can long press on a hero's picture in the equip screen to get their big picture and a bio.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 9, 2016

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Cbear posted:

Does it take awhile to get invited to a goon city? Just wondering if i should join a pubbie in the mean time.

There was a large influx of new players in the past two weeks that probably filled up all three cities. I'll kick some laz... err idle low earners from :unsmigghh: MURDERVILLE :unsmigghh: and should be able to open a couple spots

RubberBands Hurt fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 9, 2016

Doctor Goon
Nov 15, 2013
Just joined Boatmurdered, thanks! Sorry about Murderville, I just picked the first name on the list. Seeing all those buildings pop up at the same time was quite something :stare:

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Dragongem posted:

I've been ultra busy so I'm trying to catch up. Thanks to my town-mates for contributing more than I am this weekend :v:

I've got 6 hours before I can switch to murderville, thanks!

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Klungar posted:

Not exactly what you are looking for, but I made the following spreadsheet to help me try and track hero equipment.

It's a bit tedious to keep upated, but lets me track the levels of my heroes, their optimal equipment, and where I'm at in my crafting chains in terms of being able to outfit my own guys. Once you get people in their ideal gear you only need to look at them again when 1) Your hero levels up, 2) They break a piece of gear, 3) Your crafting chain catches up with your hero levels if you've fallen behind.

I'm assuming you've got that on gdocs, are you able to share a copy? I should probably start outfitting heroes properly.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
Looking for a halfway decent town. anisoptera#93036 :)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dessert Rose posted:

Looking for a halfway decent town. anisoptera#93036 :)
Decent? No, you're getting an indecent town :unsmigghh:

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

so really how do I bump my Networth up?

Do i get net worth + xp if I buy say a million gold worth of doodads on the trade thing and then sell them to normal customers? I could probably make this work really fast if I buy all the racks and store all my resources?

I just wanna level up enough to get the 5th worker slot ASAP so i can craft all the things at once and also be able to sell the 3rd tier key for gold which I can't because I'm only worth 13m and I need to be 18.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Telex posted:

so really how do I bump my Networth up?

Do i get net worth + xp if I buy say a million gold worth of doodads on the trade thing and then sell them to normal customers? I could probably make this work really fast if I buy all the racks and store all my resources?

I just wanna level up enough to get the 5th worker slot ASAP so i can craft all the things at once and also be able to sell the 3rd tier key for gold which I can't because I'm only worth 13m and I need to be 18.

Invest that money in your shop to increase your resource and furniture capacity. Bins in particular as you will have a hard time crafting stuff if you don't have the material capacity to do so, stuff starts to hog hundreds worth of resources later.

I'm not sure if gold on hand adds to your net worth, but the value of whatever furniture and work stations and shop size upgrades does.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
Easiest way to get money at low level is to unlock achievements. This should carry you to level 16 when you start getting other momentum.

Look through the upgrades and buy all the cheap things (racks/workers/tables/decorations) level them up a couple cheap levels and put it back in storage to make room for more crap. Level 16 or so is when you can buy the last few decorations.

This will make you a few million, along with a decent number of gems, which should help grind out the early levels about as fast as you can churn your store.

Other reliable way to make money is buying magic keys for gems, and selling any key iron+ for max gold. Unfortunately, you can't see magic keys till level 30

Buy cheap level 9-12 gear (heroes buy gear within 8 levels of themselves) from the trade house, buy a stack in each non-weapon item category and sell to your heroes as fast as you can to level up.

RubberBands Hurt fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 11, 2016

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Selling keys is loving pro. Just hit 2.5M net worth and it's awesome. Great advice!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

RubberBands Hurt posted:

Easiest way to get money at low level is to unlock achievements. This should carry you to level 16 when you start getting other momentum.

Look through the upgrades and buy all the cheap things (racks/workers/tables/decorations) level them up a couple cheap levels and put it back in storage to make room for more crap. Level 16 or so is when you can buy the last few decorations.

This should make you 200+ mil I believe( I forget the numbers, but remember a single 100m cheevo in there)

Could you maybe look to see what achievement this is? Looking on the wiki, the highest reward I see is 5M for having 50M. Nothing else seems to come close.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Sloober posted:

Invest that money in your shop to increase your resource and furniture capacity. Bins in particular as you will have a hard time crafting stuff if you don't have the material capacity to do so, stuff starts to hog hundreds worth of resources later.

I'm not sure if gold on hand adds to your net worth, but the value of whatever furniture and work stations and shop size upgrades does.

Gold on hand doesn't add poo poo, neither does investing in the City.

My bottleneck is that I'm L20 but my net worth is only 13m or so, and you can't sell the 18m keys until you have an 18m net worth. My next shop upgrade is 25m. I can't really figure out a quick way to add 5m of net worth is the major issue since at this stage all the shop upgrades are relatively inexpensive.

I don't suppose the intent for gems is to funnel them into gold because the game sure tries to make you not able to do that as quickly as you'd like.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Just started this, level 6 sirbloody#78704 . I am a lost little lamb and need direction, I just keep making stuff and questing for little profit.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Telex posted:

Gold on hand doesn't add poo poo, neither does investing in the City.

My bottleneck is that I'm L20 but my net worth is only 13m or so, and you can't sell the 18m keys until you have an 18m net worth. My next shop upgrade is 25m. I can't really figure out a quick way to add 5m of net worth is the major issue since at this stage all the shop upgrades are relatively inexpensive.

I don't suppose the intent for gems is to funnel them into gold because the game sure tries to make you not able to do that as quickly as you'd like.

I would have sworn net worth did include city investments, but I just tested it and that's true I guess. And they actually put the net worth cap I think in a large part to avoid gem funneling into gold very early.

The quickest way to improve net worth would be to put it into your shop. Easiest way to increase net worth outside of upgrading might be to buy decorations, though you would be mostly wasting money unless you hadn't gotten the achievements yet :v:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

How much are Iron and Gold keys worth? I just hit 20 and my Net Worth is 37.5M, but I'm trying to make sure I can actually sell one if I buy it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Klungar posted:

How much are Iron and Gold keys worth? I just hit 20 and my Net Worth is 37.5M, but I'm trying to make sure I can actually sell one if I buy it.
You can check that by going to Request one and seeing what the "Highest" value is (which is pinned at max). The "Highest" is actually what the fulfiller would make, which is 10% less than what the requester paid.

For golden keys, the requester pays 100M and the fulfiller gets 90M. For iron keys, the requester pays 20M and the fulfiller gets 18M.

(If you "offer" the values are the same since they're pinned at max gold, the buyer pays 100M and the offerer get 90M, etc. Thus the "Lowest" price is the 100% the offer buyer pays)

To clarify a bit:
"Highest" is the 90% a fulfiller gets for fufilling a request.
"Lowest" is the 100% a buyer pays for buying an offer.

Both of these are the figures shown on the buttons in the "Requests" and "Offers" lists respectively, since those are the amounts you will get or pay if you accept that deal.

"Fulfiller Gets" and "You Get" are both the 90% figures, which is probably where the confusion happens.

TLDR: it's 20M and 100M, you can sell an Iron Key

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Incidentally you should always sell keys for gold at the highest quality you can, even to the point of selling a lower key for gems to get gems to buy a higher key:

The numbers are probably different today than whenever I plugged that in but the point is there's more than 10% between the "gold per gem" figures, so you will still make a profit even after losing the 10% an extra time by selling the lower key for gems.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

CrashCat posted:

You can check that by going to Request one and seeing what the "Highest" value is (which is pinned at max). The "Highest" is actually what the fulfiller would make, which is 10% less than what the requester paid.

Thanks for the info, but the reason I had to ask is because for these, the "Highest" value was in gems, not money, so I couldn't do this.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Klungar posted:

Thanks for the info, but the reason I had to ask is because for these, the "Highest" value was in gems, not money, so I couldn't do this.

this was also my problem with the 18m iron key.

You don't get to see gold prices unless I'm just missing something obvious, unless you actually have the thing to sell in your inventory.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Klungar posted:

No, ignore the tabs and click Request on an empty trade slot and choose the key type you want to check, then you can freely switch between gems and gold and see the highest for each.

It adds to the confusion since you can't Offer if you don't have an item, but if you click an Offer in the Offers tab you can see both the "Lowest" offers of gems and gold for an item. Requests are the opposite, you can't click the Requests in the Requests tab if you don't have the item to fill it, but you can Request one yourself and view the "Highest" for each.

Technically there could be an Offer put up that goes for less than the maximum gold, but that would be stupid as you can see there are Requests queued up to buy it for maximum gold. You won't even actually need to Offer the key at all, just fulfill a request. Normally this is a bad idea for other items since Requests are usually lower than the Offer prices, but since they're capped out the numbers match. So you don't see gold amounts on the Offers tab for those keys because those offers are snatched up immediately and don't exist most of the time.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 11, 2016

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I invited Sirbloody.

If anyone wants to join WHALETOWN let me know.

My ID is cession#84228 if you can search for towns that way (I dunno)

As the name implies, I whale hard and never look back.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!

Cession posted:

I invited Sirbloody.

If anyone wants to join WHALETOWN let me know.

My ID is cession#84228 if you can search for towns that way (I dunno)

As the name implies, I whale hard and never look back.

Thanks for the invite, I suck bad at the game but hey whatever works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sirbloody posted:

Thanks for the invite, I suck bad at the game but hey whatever works.
If you only don't quit you'll still be better than some :ssh:

Until you get a big enough bankroll to be some sort of trade house wrangler there's not a lot of options to be good or bad at anyway, so just try to observe things and get a feel for what's valuable and important.

• Locked thread