Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MisterAlex posted:

the tiny card all by itself in the otherwise empty case.

This always make me cry inside when I open one of those cases. It's just so empty...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That kind of stuff isn't an isolated case either, I've found many examples of it many times before. Specially when it relates to SK since a lot of reviews show a pretty strong bias against the game. So I'm just grateful when I find a review where the reviewer has enough interest to play the game and offer an objective and informed opinion on it.

that review was a lot of things but objective was not one of them

also there's no such thing as an objective review

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Vita Lounge reviewer review

+++ probably played the game/might certainly have looked it up on google

- chose wrong waifu

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Saoshyant posted:

This always make me cry inside when I open one of those cases. It's just so empty...

But the game is so tiny :3:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Ruggington posted:

that review was a lot of things but objective was not one of them

also there's no such thing as an objective review

An objective review would probably be helpful on some level. I find that in game reviews that more than a score or "I liked the music" I'm more interested in knowing things like whether or not the game runs smoothly, how it controls, if there are any helpful features present or missing. For instance, I don't find "cutscenes are too long" helpful because I might like the story better than they do, but "can't skip cutscenes" is helpful information because it might affect my desire to replay a game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

13/f/cali posted:

An objective review would probably be helpful on some level. I find that in game reviews that more than a score or "I liked the music" I'm more interested in knowing things like whether or not the game runs smoothly, how it controls, if there are any helpful features present or missing. For instance, I don't find "cutscenes are too long" helpful because I might like the story better than they do, but "can't skip cutscenes" is helpful information because it might affect my desire to replay a game.

This. There are things you can discuss subjectively, and they're entirely on a technical an/or mechanical level. It also helps if the reviewer is familiar with the genre. For instance, someone rating Senran Kagura SV/EV on the same level, mechanically, as something like Samurai Warriors 4 is a problem.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

This. There are things you can discuss subjectively, and they're entirely on a technical an/or mechanical level. It also helps if the reviewer is familiar with the genre. For instance, someone rating Senran Kagura SV/EV on the same level, mechanically, as something like Samurai Warriors 4 is a problem.
Agreed. Samurai Warriors needs to step up its game if it wants to get on par with SK.

Haven't played the new Project Diva game yet, but it gets a 9/10 because anime and Miku. I hear it has songs and stuff too. Quality review.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RanKizama posted:

Agreed. Samurai Warriors needs to step up its game if it wants to get on par with SK.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, since Samurai Warriors literally has booby ninjas in it. And Naotora Ii, who is very kawaii.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, since Samurai Warriors literally has booby ninjas in it. And Naotora Ii, who is very kawaii.
Naotora Ii is a good Katsuragi clone. Now if they can just get more aerial raves and clothes ripping, we'll be in business.

BTW, how is the new Empires game? You're a big Musou hard-on, so I figure I can trust your input there. Had any hands-on experience with it?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh you guys discovered Vita Lounge!
Behold the top 40 Vita games:
http://en.calameo.com/read/004256142e75eddf1a7ff

Cold Steel isn't there cause they think it's bad.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

HGH posted:

Are they really allowed to say Senran Kagura is better than MGS2/3

Like is it legal to do that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

HGH posted:

Ok, gently caress it, let's have Vita Lounge officially banned from this thread

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

HGH posted:

it's like they put P4:G at the top and pulled the other 39 out of a hat

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RanKizama posted:

Naotora Ii is a good Katsuragi clone. Now if they can just get more aerial raves and clothes ripping, we'll be in business.

BTW, how is the new Empires game? You're a big Musou hard-on, so I figure I can trust your input there. Had any hands-on experience with it?

Katsuragi wishes she was half as good as Naotora.

4 Empires is an Empires game. It's great, if you like Empires games.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

HGH posted:

Their opinions are instantly invalidated.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

When I don't get a free copy of a game I too will throw a tantrum and give the game in question a bad review. But when I get a free cop-- I'm sorry, a review copy of a game, I look at their PR spiel and change the text a bit here and there until it sounds like a review, so here's your 4.9 out of 5 Hotline Miami 2, Tetris Ultimate, and Ultra Despair Girls.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

HGH posted:

No Muramasa, EDF, any Atelier or Technika Tune?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

When I don't get a free copy of a game I too will throw a tantrum and give the game in question a bad review. But when I get a free cop-- I'm sorry, a review copy of a game, I look at their PR spiel and change the text a bit here and there until it sounds like a review, so here's your 4.9 out of 5 Hotline Miami 2, Tetris Ultimate, and Ultra Despair Girls.

A free copy of Tetris Ultimate...that's the dream

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That's the best $15 I never paid.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

HGH posted:

No Puyo Puyo Tetris, not even in the "best games not here" section. They have poo poo taste.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

Katsuragi wishes she was half as good as Naotora.
:lol:

Takoluka posted:

4 Empires is an Empires game. It's great, if you like Empires games.
That doesn't tell me anything. You're a terrible reviewer. I bet you never even played the game. Unsubscribed.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

MisterAlex posted:

Seymour at the mountaintop. Shaka, when the walls fell.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RanKizama posted:

That doesn't tell me anything. You're a terrible reviewer. I bet you never even played the game. Unsubscribed.

I get that reference!

But basically, Samurai Warriors 4 Empires doesn't have a Domino's Pizza you can get for your town, unlike the previous game, so you can't get the Miku app, which makes it awful.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im at best buy and there's still a section marked VITA here but its all assassination classroom mangas and naruto funko pops. and two big copies of corpse party blood drive

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There might be an FBI agent looking at you through a newspaper with two holes cut in it to see if you buy Criminal Girls - be careful

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I went to Best Buy recently and the vita section was entirely anime, of course.

Also securely double glass cased.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I went to my local retailers Vita section and it wasn't there any more, just smartphone covers.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I was deciding between starting Trails of Cold Steel or Conception 2 today, and went with Conception 2.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

poor choice

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
After Cold Steel 2 comes out, isn't that it for big Vita releases?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Slur posted:

After Cold Steel 2 comes out, isn't that it for big Vita releases?

the only one i can name offhand is ys VIII, but most new jrps seem to be going for ps4/vita so i doubt it'll be the last

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i believe in tokyo xanadu

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Armor-Piercing posted:

I was deciding between starting Trails of Cold Steel or Conception 2 today, and went with Conception 2.

is this like some kind of weird fire emblem knockoff

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Stranger of Sword City is out in a couple weeks, and Grand Kingdom and Odin Sphere in June (those two are both PS4 as well though)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

is this like some kind of weird fire emblem knockoff

Nah, it's a Persona knockoff. The gimmick is that you create Star Children with a magical ritual with a girl though so...

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Super No Vacancy posted:

im at best buy and there's still a section marked VITA here but its all assassination classroom mangas and naruto funko pops. and two big copies of corpse party blood drive

I'm at Beat Buy in Canada and the Vita section has no games. It's literally an empty shelf.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Shock and awe: an actual physical (non-anime) Vita game its coming

https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/collections/games/products/limited-run-5-oddworld-new-n-tasty-vita

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Armor-Piercing posted:

Enjoy being God's Gift to women

pervert

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

It's more effective to make children with that dude instead of his sister anyways