Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

ChickenWing posted:

no, and nobody gets their news from text-posts on reddit, they get it from links to actual real websites.

The post implying there's no bias is dumb though because reddit is comically leftist

if it's my post youre referring to, i said all news sources are biased in some form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

if it's my post youre referring to, i said all news sources are biased in some form

im biased, against u :twisted:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Blazing Zero posted:

oh ok, given the context I read it as "news sites are biased and reddit is not"

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

ChickenWing posted:

oh ok, given the context I read it as "news sites are biased and reddit is not"

do you know who is to blame for the failures of the direKKKtorate? the Main-Stream Media

make eve great again

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

im biased, against u :twisted:

thats rude friend, we are both goons here, please recogfnize your posting allies and set me to blue thanks

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

it's stupid and you're awful

huh all these imgur links or bad puns at the top of a thread with dozens of lovely LOL U WENT THERE comments wow this sure is growing on me

ANOTHER ONE BOIS #REKKINCREW

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

thats rude friend, we are both goons here, please recogfnize your posting allies and set me to blue thanks

no setting personal standings to red, c u in space :pirate:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

friend, every news source is going to have some bias. see en24 vs. tmc, for an example

Please, everyone knows TMC's report that PL lost it's entire thrasher reserve is accurate.

Here's the proof - https://zkillboard.com/related/30001990/201604070000/

See? PL lost all those thrashers.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

dragonstalking posted:

In my experience this is just a matter of people not liking new and different things.

I hated reddit when I first started posting there instead of my usual imageboards, just as I sorta thought SA's layout was lovely. It all grows on you over time.

Reddit's layout would be acceptable in 1999 when Geocities was still a thing and your website was only as cool as the amount of spinning skull and fire GIFs as you could shoehorn into your layout. However in TYOOL 2016 it is a giant unreadable mess and it should say something that there are specifically browser addons that only exist to make it less painful to read and interact with. If you think reddit is good and cool and grows on you over time I guess you could say the same thing about cancer.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

cravius posted:

ANOTHER ONE BOIS #REKKINCREW

is this a funny reddit thing? can you share more of them? thanks

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Huge_Midget posted:

Reddit's layout would be acceptable in 1999 when Geocities was still a thing and your website was only as cool as the amount of spinning skull and fire GIFs as you could shoehorn into your layout. However in TYOOL 2016 it is a giant unreadable mess and it should say something that there are specifically browser addons that only exist to make it less painful to read and interact with. If you think reddit is good and cool and grows on you over time I guess you could say the same thing about cancer.

mlyp

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Huge_Midget posted:

There's specific addons and enhancement suites for Steam, most of the people in this thread still use it.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im sure my 1 month old toonie in my frigate will be more than a match for you hastagCOMEATME

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:ohdear:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

it's stupid and you're awful

huh all these imgur links or bad puns at the top of a thread with dozens of lovely LOL U WENT THERE comments wow this sure is growing on me

I mean at least it's fresher than just "herp derp ur a dumb gimmick" being repeated several hundred times per thread.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

dragonstalking posted:

I mean at least it's fresher than just "herp derp ur a dumb gimmick" being repeated several hundreds times per thread.

ur a dumb gimmik

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Bacontotem posted:

ur a dumb gimmik

You forgot the herp derp.

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

Blazing Zero posted:

i sense a lot of unironic dislike for reddit. i dont understand why? r/news is a great place to find out what's happening in the world

SA is supposed to be the example of "good posting" :airquote:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah, people identifying as goons really just... ugh. and those libertarians in dnd just wow. i cant even
at SA those idiots are a minority that you can laugh at as people make fun of them. at reddit, they literally control the discussion. moderation-by-agreement is dumb and reddit is bad. let me know if u need any further information.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Dadbuck posted:

No its not

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

dragonstalking posted:

I mean at least it's fresher than just "herp derp ur a dumb gimmick" being repeated several hundred times per thread.

Except he's not wrong- you brown noise post with the ability of a petulant child.

Which is quite similar in every way to your posting debut on Reddit and Kugu.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Cygni posted:

at SA those idiots are a minority that you can laugh at as people make fun of them. at reddit, they literally control the discussion. moderation-by-agreement is dumb and reddit is bad. let me know if u need any further information.

Xolve posted:

Except he's not wrong- you brown noise post with the ability of a petulant child.

Which is quite similar in every way to your posting debut on Reddit and Kugu.

some really strong reddit opinions. who knew it was such a hot potato!!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dragonstalking posted:

you are without a doubt the saddest person in a never ending parade of pathetic people that is the history of the Eve Online threads, could you just go to e/n and let your hosed up retard sadbrains there instead of trying to act like a big cool guy here thanks and godbless

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ZekeNY posted:

No, that's Vyst.

Most of the time I'm a pretty pleasant person.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
OK. I'm going to give the free 14 day trial thing a go and see how I like Space Mining.
If I like it, then heck, I'll mine my heart out for you guys.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Xolve posted:

you brown noise post with the ability of a petulant child.

Jesus christ you're such a crusty old man.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

dragonstalking posted:

it's really not - reddit has their own special supply of dumb gimmicks/internal memes that they cycle through

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dadbuck posted:

We value good posting, we didn't say we actually make good posts.

On reddits layout imo it's like reading the world's shitiest Facebook feed. I also view twittwr as semi unreadable.

I am also old.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

OK. I'm going to give the free 14 day trial thing a go and see how I like Space Mining.

oh no, save yourself :ohdear:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

vyst posted:

Most of the time I'm a pretty pleasant person.

yeah i see you saying nice things about the reddit broadcast4reps thing and then you come here and hate on transpeople and some gal's dead gramps. whats that all about

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

dragonstalking posted:

Jesus christ you're such a crusty old man.

Boy, look-a-here, I'm not old, just older than you.

Tell your mama I said 'Hello'

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

VideoGames posted:

ive been told many times that the fun is in blowing up other people's space ships. i didnt make it that far but i hope you do

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

You can use a Goon's referral link and get a 21-day Free Trial if you want.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

oh no, save yourself :ohdear:

Do not worry, I am a strong disliker of PVP style combat in games. I much prefer to get along with people.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah i see you saying nice things about the reddit broadcast4reps thing and then you come here and hate on transpeople and some gal's dead gramps. whats that all about

He's an rear end in a top hat. What is the confusion here?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah i see you saying nice things about the reddit broadcast4reps thing and then you come here and hate on transpeople

you can't hate on something that's not real so get over it maybe

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

you are without a doubt the saddest person in a never ending parade of pathetic people that is the history of the Eve Online threads, could you just go to e/n and let your hosed up retard sadbrains there instead of trying to act like a big cool guy here thanks and godbless

That is a horrible run on sentence.

In my experience, most people venting negativity on internet forums have either sadness or anger problems. In your case, I am guessing the former.

Deadtear, do you need a hug? :love:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

VideoGames posted:

oh no my dude

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

Do not worry, I am a strong disliker of PVP style combat in games. I much prefer to get along with people.

If you start to PVP, you'll end up like everyone who is slapfighting right now. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

VideoGames posted:

oh god abort abort

• Locked thread