Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Saying how the ED is fitting would probably be a big spoiler for an important character. It is very fitting, though.

If that's the case, then it's fine. Last Train Home was actually the same when it first came around, but it made sense by the end. The amount of time they spent in Egypt also made Walk Like an Egyptian super appropriate, so if it's a spoiler thing as to why the song works, I'm fine with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm excited to watch the anime version of a part that i like better than the previous 3 and is one of my favorites overall. it's so relaxing*.

*relaxation may or may not involve grandpas being murdered and criminals being fused with rocks

The sort of relaxation that can come from watching a man execute a plan whose last step is "eat a rubber glove".

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

The sort of relaxation that can come from watching a man execute a plan whose last step is "eat a rubber glove".

*watches a guy punch a hole in his mom's gut*

Ahh that's the stuff.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think the anime added the detail of him shredding up the rubber glove beforehand, which makes it sound way less terrifying than in the manga where the implication was that he just swallowed an entire glove somehow. either that or i'm misremembering things.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think the anime added the detail of him shredding up the rubber glove beforehand, which makes it sound way less terrifying than in the manga where the implication was that he just swallowed an entire glove somehow. either that or i'm misremembering things.

The subs say he shredded it up, but it's animated as whole, and really, the concept would only work if it was whole.

Basically, he went to "Swallow a whole rubber glove" way sooner than any reasonable person would.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Who gives a gently caress about what song plays over the credits? I'm just glad this season seems to have actual artistry in its presentation and animation. It's a pleasant surprise after the Stardust Crusaders adaptation, which was just a glib facsimile of the manga.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The subs say he shredded it up, but it's animated as whole, and really, the concept would only work if it was whole.

Basically, he went to "Swallow a whole rubber glove" way sooner than any reasonable person would.

Josuke, much like his father, is constantly playing a game of ninth dimensional chess with his enemies.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Why wouldn't it work though? I mean if it were Jotaro swallowing the glove, it wouldn't have worked, but Josuke can repair things; its the same trick he did to catch Aqua Necklace in a bottle, just with a slight modification.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

His stand repairs things, ya dingus.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think the implication was that he was able to easily eat the glove shreds and then use crazy diamond to reform it around aqua necklace, which is also why CD is the one to pull it out. in the manga, yeah, he just straight up swallows a glove?????? what the hell, josuke.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He fixed it once it was inside him.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think the implication was that he was able to easily eat the glove shreds and then use crazy diamond to reform it around aqua necklace, which is also why CD is the one to pull it out. in the manga, yeah, he just straight up swallows a glove?????? what the hell, josuke.

Consider the fact that the Invincible Trio translation is duwang made good and finer details could be missing.
It could be new, it may not be.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

You forget his superpower.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm an idiot. :suicide:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hoobajoo posted:

Stand by REM

I made the best ED you guys.

Shiny Happy People

same

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder if he ate a shredded glove every day for three days.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Also I just wanna say how much more I appreciate CrazyShining Diamond pulling out the glove instead of Josuke regurgitating it out all on his own. They're both really gross, but Josuke doing it without his stand just sounds so much more painful.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Are we really just gonna pretend "I ate a cut up rubber glove" is much saner than "I ate a rubber glove"?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Are we really just gonna pretend "I ate a cut up rubber glove" is much saner than "I ate a rubber glove"?

Forget it, Lumberjack Bonanza. It's JoJo's.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

I had a dog once who ate a whole bag of party balloons, he just spent 2 days making GBS threads balloons.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He fixed it once it was inside him.

Consider the fact that the Invincible Trio translation is duwang made good and finer details could be missing.
It could be new, it may not be.

that's true, but all we have to go off of is an entire glove popping out of josuke's mouth with no text detail, so i just like to think that josuke is weird enough to actually swallow a whole glove and still be able to talk. it's like jotaro's cigarette trick, except he has no practice with it whatsoever and could have easily choked himself.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke eating a rubber glove Just In Case was way cooler than Joseph pulling a Tommy gun out of nowhere and shooting at vampire and also people behind the vampire.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I actually think it would be way less miserable to wash a bunch of little latex pieces washed down by water than to do it whole. The plan is bonkers either way, but it seems way more difficult and painful if the glove is whole.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Asspulls are the way of the JoJo in the end and Josuke is the son of "Asspull: The Person" Joseph Joestar.

Bear in mind that the stand punches a dude clean through the skull but can't punch its way out of a rubber glove. It was cool so it happened.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 8, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

El Hefe posted:

I had a dog once who ate a whole bag of party balloons, he just spent 2 days making GBS threads balloons.

Well that would explain why Angelo was so upset.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also it was basically guaranteed that the stand was going to try to enter by using his mouth, so i guess it's not a huge logical leap to think 'well, how can i do this bottle trick but with something different just in case the worst happens'.

it's still weird, but that's the entire series as a whole.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Josuke eating a rubber glove Just In Case was way cooler than Joseph pulling a Tommy gun out of nowhere and shooting at vampire and also people behind the vampire.

I'm not a huge fan of Joseph and
← says everything

but lets not go overboard here.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Teenagers looking and acting like teenagers in Jojo will take some time getting used to.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Johnny Joestar posted:

also it was basically guaranteed that the stand was going to try to enter by using his mouth, so i guess it's not a huge logical leap to think 'well, how can i do this bottle trick but with something different just in case the worst happens'.

it's still weird, but that's the entire series as a whole.

It certainly makes sense within the logic of the series, but between that and fusing a dude with a rock, Jotaro's pretty on point calling Josuke a nut.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Mood:
http://i.imgur.com/391y0Od.gifv

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Jotaro is so much better now that he's a little more grown up and not the main character anymore.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Moltrey posted:

Perhaps... but it's got nothing on the grenade trick.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwxUEFFbFtI

This one is a better edited meme sync.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Great episode as usual. I'm disappointed that angelo's punishment didn't get to the levels of body horror it did in the manga. He just looks like a guy who got cement poured on him which is kind of lame

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DrManiac posted:

Great episode as usual. I'm disappointed that angelo's punishment didn't get to the levels of body horror it did in the manga. He just looks like a guy who got cement poured on him which is kind of lame

Next week

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dias posted:

I'm sorry but this is canon for me

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Jotaro is so much better now that he's a little more grown up and not the main character anymore.

Yeah. I never really liked Jotaro as main character all that much, but he works really well as a mentor. Notice that he pretty much contributed nothing in terms of actually dealing with Angelo.

edit: ^^ That's nice but it's missing the most important part of the song, which is the very beginning.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Betterer meme sync.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flC83BYuUjg

e: This is too perfect oh my god

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

The work really shows in this one, it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

OH MY GOD!

Jojo Part 4 owns you guys

I'm also going in almost completely blind (just some random details here and there picked up from internet osmosis), and this was such a cool episode and fight. I'm gonna miss Grandpa though, I loved how nonchalant he was at his daughter just mauling some rear end in a top hat that called her a bitch. Morioh people sure have a black sense of humor if they make the Angelo Stone a place for lovers to meet, though :haw:

EDIT: I wonder if I'll get tired of Josuke casually goring people to solve problems :allears:

• Locked thread