Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

raditts posted:

Let me guess, central Pennsylvania?

close enough to it yeah

the snow has melted now, and I watched the new jojo episode, and it was good, and it had a good OP and ED too

I hope others have a good day today, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

close enough to it yeah

the snow has melted now, and I watched the new jojo episode, and it was good, and it had a good OP and ED too

I hope others have a good day today, too

I just wanna go home so I can watch the new episode too.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Ninja Gaiden 1's level design is so indicative of people who didn't have a lot of experience making games.

Agreed. Especially early on with the city full of bomb-throwing ninjas that kept knocking me into corners where I'd get stunlocked. Game got a million times better after that.

There was another Shinobi/Ninja Gaiden-style game for the Xbox called Otogi that was pretty fun but much easier than those two.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Plan Z posted:

Agreed. Especially early on with the city full of bomb-throwing ninjas that kept knocking me into corners where I'd get stunlocked. Game got a million times better after that.

There was another Shinobi/Ninja Gaiden-style game for the Xbox called Otogi that was pretty fun but much easier than those two.

You can block through the explosions and not get thrown about. Those guys become so much easier once you figure that out.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lurdiak posted:

Ninja Gaiden 1's level design is so indicative of people who didn't have a lot of experience making games.

Other M's level design is indicative of people who didn't give a poo poo

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

corn in the bible posted:

Other M's level design is indicative of people who couldn't poo poo

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Is Star Citizen a game yet?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
You gotta admit that it was a bold move of the Team Ninja developers to take famously strong, independent bounty hunter Samus Aran and make her completely weak and subservient to Adam. If Adam says that you can't activate your Varia suit abilities, you're just going to slowly melt in this hostile environment. Did you get permission to use your super missiles? You don't want to upset the man in charge, do you?

There's a million different ways to handle not being able to use the abilities you arrived with, letting some old crush dictate what you can use isn't one of them.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Today when I was driving to work the dude in front of me had an OCRemix vinyl on his car.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nintendo wrote Other M, not TN.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
smother m

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

free my post!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

LawfulWaffle posted:

You gotta admit that it was a bold move of the Team Ninja developers to take famously strong, independent bounty hunter Samus Aran and make her completely weak and subservient to Adam. If Adam says that you can't activate your Varia suit abilities, you're just going to slowly melt in this hostile environment. Did you get permission to use your super missiles? You don't want to upset the man in charge, do you?

There's a million different ways to handle not being able to use the abilities you arrived with, letting some old crush dictate what you can use isn't one of them.
Team Ninja are completely innocent when it comes to Other M, its all Sakamoto.

Like it sounds like scapegoating but its not, it is actually all Sakamoto's fault, i.e. the lovely gameplay, writing, and Samus' character assassination.

Team Ninja wanted to make a cool action game but Sakamoto didn't let them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Only I know where samus' beauty mark is, nobody else can write her except me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Accordion Man posted:

Like it sounds like scapegoating but its not, it is actually all Sakamoto's fault, i.e. the lovely gameplay, writing, and Samus' character assassination.

who the gently caress thought that was a good idea. I feel like they wanted to go "darker and "more mature" but Prime already did that and did it well.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Sakamoto got shoved into a loving closet after that and he hasn't been allowed to touch anything major since, thankfully.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Accordion Man posted:

:negative:

It is quite obvious why Other M did not succeed when compared to other Nintendo games; it features a female main character,” says Sakamoto

e: I cannot actually read the article I linked due to a web filter. If it's poo poo I apologize.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lysandus posted:

It's a buggy cryengine mod and that's all it ever will be

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lysandus posted:

The thread about is a better game than Star Citizen itself.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You do know that's a joke article, right?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Sakamoto got shoved into a loving closet after that and he hasn't been allowed to touch anything major since, thankfully.

I thought he still worked on stuff, just nothing metroid related

Like, I thought it was all just puzzle games now

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought he still worked on stuff, just nothing metroid related

Like, I thought it was all just puzzle games now

Yeah, it's the classic "you hosed up but we can't fire you since you have seniority so work on some projects that you can't gently caress up and that don't matter" like miitomo and tomodachi life.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

He's been Producer on Rhythm Heaven, Tomodachi Life, and Miitomo.

e: I'd say that their first mobile venture matters a fair bit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Motto posted:

Nintendo wrote Other M, not TN.

They repeatedly and loudly pinned the blame on all the awful stuff on Sakamoto because they knew everyone was gonna be pissed.

Accordion Man posted:

Well, I'd wager it was their idea to have those lingering shots of Samus in the zero suit jiggling like jello.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Motto posted:

He's been Producer on Rhythm Heaven, Tomodachi Life, and Miitomo.

All notably narrative-free games.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I mean, Samus wasn't ever that great of a character, in my opinion. The "oh wow she's a woman who doesn't need no man" revelation kind of doesn't matter, given that Nintendo was still so eager to reward players with pics of Samus in a skimpy outfit, undermining what's supposed to make her cool and likeable.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It is sad that Team Ninja did not get to go crazy because I don't know how people would have taken Samus brutally decapitating space pirates with tit swords but it would have been better than Other M

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Metroid Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

It is sad that Team Ninja did not get to go crazy because I don't know how people would have taken Samus brutally decapitating space pirates with tit swords but it would have been better than Other M

As long as the tit swords were hidden in a place I could backtrack to before beating the game, I'd be happy.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
wasn't team ninja's involvement just animating cutscenes

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jay Rust posted:

I mean, Samus wasn't ever that great of a character, in my opinion. The "oh wow she's a woman who doesn't need no man" revelation kind of doesn't matter, given that Nintendo was still so eager to reward players with pics of Samus in a skimpy outfit, undermining what's supposed to make her cool and likeable.

Oh man it's like I'm at any Los Angeles gym in the 70s. :eyepop:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jay Rust posted:

Please don't bring up gamersgate.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

theultimo posted:

Still would have been better than THE BABY

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope that one day there will be another good main metroid game released but until then, at least there are plenty of solid games in that genre even if they don't star a badass bounty hunter

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope that one day there will be another good main metroid game released but until then, at least there are plenty of solid games in that genre even if they don't star a badass bounty hunter

Super Metroid on the SNES was already released like 20 years ago.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I blame Nintendo lore bloat for everything bad that's ever happened

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

theultimo posted:

A space pirate spikes the ball right past a metroid floating on the other side of the net, fist bumps Ridley, and then they all run in terror as Samus blankets the area in missile explosions and ruins both the folding beach chairs and the fun

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

I blame Nintendo lore bloat for everything bad that's ever happened

okay miyamoto

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Super Metroid on the SNES was already released like 20 years ago.

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope that one day there will be another good main metroid game released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I was never good enough at the Metroid games to see the woman inside the suit. When I found out that Samus was a woman I had no reaction at all because of course women are as equally likely to don space armor and wreck poo poo, who was I to judge? Then I got older and the internet blew up and I found out that there were all these (general, not this thread) terrible opinions.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 8, 2016

• Locked thread