Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
This is literally the mouse I use to play League

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech-Corded-Mouse-M100/14301743

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

My mouse has a blue LED in it that is pretty and makes me get 3 more cs per minute.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The cheaper your peripherals the better you are. Plus if you rage break one you can replace it for the price of a League skin.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
According to a riot Korea rep solo queue is on hold. There it will die alongside all of the other on hold features, such as replays, magma chamber, and the new client

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I hope solo queue never comes back

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i hope riot puts in a solo queue button that uninstalls the game for anybody stupid enough to press it

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

According to a riot Korea rep solo queue is on hold. There it will die alongside all of the other on hold features, such as replays, magma chamber, and the new client

good

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Darth Windu posted:

What kind of mouse do you use, maybe that's my problem,..... I feel like I just can't get the hang of cs at all even tho I've been doing this forever; it's with a wireless mouse on a pretty crappy laptop. Maybe that's it. Or maybe I'm just going senile in my twenties DX

Also I usually support or jg anyway. Meme man out

I use a naga hex [razer]...I used to use a razer abyssus before and I like Both a lot.

My laptop is like 5 years old tho lol :(

panda clue
May 23, 2014
why do goons hate soloqueue so much, again?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

panda clue posted:

Cause they suck and need to get carried.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they're going to begrudgingly add solo queue as an option for master+ players to shut them up by the end of the year

edit: option is the wrong word, they just make the master+ players queue like the old ranked and only let people duo at most and people that want to play 5s can go make a challenger team

Radical fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 8, 2016

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

panda clue posted:

It's popular with a vocal group online and goons are heck of contrarian

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

moush posted:

Cause they suck and need to get carried.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

panda clue posted:

because lately there's been a massive loving circle jerk by the more vocal members of the thread that Riot is Good and can do no bad and so everything they do must be great for the game even when whatever it is they are doing is provably making the game worse

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
sincerely, the only goon mad that solo queue is going away

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I honestly don't mind that solo queue isn't coming back. I just wish that Riot would stop doing this thing where they say something will happen, they have no roadmap to making it actually happen, and then it never happens. Just say it up front "dunno guys."

panda clue
May 23, 2014
ok I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a reason actually grounded in reality for people hating on soloqueue because any argument against it seems very stupid.

I just tried to come back to the game after not really playing it for around a year, and last time I played they had just implemented the team builder for a few months prior. I thought it was the greatest change for the game - being able to finally select who I want to play before I actually queue and not having to deal with premades. I started playing much more frequently after it was implemented, but had to quit for a while due to RL issues. I just tried to play a game today and was shocked and cofused to see team builder gone, and the only way I can queue is by being forced to choose at least two roles now?

This seems strictly regressive to me, and made me immediately uninstall the game after doing some research and seeing that its not coming back.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kashuno posted:

I honestly don't mind that solo queue isn't coming back. I just wish that Riot would stop doing this thing where they say something will happen, they have no roadmap to making it actually happen, and then it never happens. Just say it up front "dunno guys."

No company ever says no before they're sure it is no and sometimes no even then. It makes no sense to.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

sincerely, the only goon mad that solo queue is going away

I like how the responses to my complaints about solo queue not coming back has gone from actual discussion to 3 people telling me im autistic to this low effort poo poo. if you're gonna be contrarian can you at least put some effort into it rather than putting out some low effort bait post that looks like it comes from Door Frame v1.0?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Getting rid of solo queue is bad for the long term health of the game and I think it's only a matter of time before Riot realises that.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Does this mean you have to queue with friends or what.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Crusher posted:

Does this mean you have to queue with friends or what.

It means there is no distinction anymore between solo queuers and people who play in 5 mans to get carried

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Bland posted:

Getting rid of solo queue is bad for the long term health of the game and I think it's only a matter of time before Riot realises that.

if riot had a great deal of concern for the 'long term health' of the game I'm pretty sure the client would be able to pause by now. or have replays. or both. you know, pretty standard features for a competitive videogame in tyool 2016. instead it seems like riot just treats the entire community like drooling retards and tells them they don't actually want these features even though they think they do. theyve spent so long hiring a bunch of yes-men and people who drink their kool-aid that they're starting to lose touch with the actual people that play the game.

christ, how long have replays been in the pipeline now supposedly? 3 years? ive been playing this game on and off since beta, and the only thing sadder than seeing riot repeat the same bullshit rhetoric over and over again is the fact that people keep falling for it.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Spiros posted:

It means there is no distinction anymore between solo queuers and people who play in 5 man's to get carried

Playing solo isn't a good idea in dynamic queue now because chances are high you'll be thrown against 3-4 man premades and you're at a disadvantage, either because there won't be one on your team at all, or there will and they'll refuse to coordinate with/help you and blame you for everything.

Dynamic ranked is pretty fun though if you always play with friends.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 9, 2016

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah playing against the same trio who queued together diving me constantly 2 games in a row was enough for me to say gently caress dynamic queue

panda clue
May 23, 2014
I also love the hypocrisy of riot always taking the moral high-ground in literally any situation, and which leads their employees running around 'burning' people to show their aptitude as Internet Morality Warriors.

https://twitter.com/RiotPhreak/status/717939404300361729
I can just see half of the office going over to Phreaks desk and high-fiving him after he posted that.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

panda clue posted:

I also love the hypocrisy of riot always taking the moral high-ground in literally any situation, and which leads their employees running around 'burning' people to show their aptitude as Internet Morality Warriors.

I can just see half of the office going over to Phreaks desk and high-fiving him after he posted that.

Go read anything lyte has ever posted. I want to see your head explode.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Luna Was Here posted:

I like how the responses to my complaints about solo queue not coming back has gone from actual discussion to 3 people telling me im autistic to this low effort poo poo. if you're gonna be contrarian can you at least put some effort into it rather than putting out some low effort bait post that looks like it comes from Door Frame v1.0?

Arguing about it doesn't make any sense when Riot gets about 0% of their input from this forum

go bitch about it on reddit where they pay attention

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Methanar posted:

Go read anything lyte has ever posted. I want to see your head explode.

Trust me, I am very aware of who Lyte is and I'm pretty sure he triggers me more than any other person on the planet. From his eternal moral high-ground to his pseudo-psychological reasonings for game mechanics/features that amount to "we know you think you would like this, but we've done ~studies~ that say otherwise".

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
riot are genuinely insane people but dynamic queue is rly cool (unless you are challenger) and is one of the best things they have ever done

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Its not hard to play solo queue. Just don't be a toxic poo poo and communicate with pings and people will generally help. If you can't handle that then I'm ashamed of you. I will tell you that I solo queue in cs:go a lot too, though, but there, unlike league, at the top mm levels people stop being the level of toxic i've seen in moba communities.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

panda clue posted:

What are you doing vocally Not Playing League and reposting offhand jokes from some Riot employee? Why does dynamic queue make you so mad?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

NTT posted:

Arguing about it doesn't make any sense when Riot gets about 0% of their input from this forum

go bitch about it on reddit where they pay attention

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
He certainly posts like he belongs on Reddit

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

kingcobweb posted:

yeah because you three have such high standards of post quality, so sorry i've offended you sirs i'll go back to el reddito where i clearly belong with my "xD's" and my memespouts, all of which are things I constantly do to poo poo up the thread and get in the way of bond talking more about how his team carried his jhin games or for you to jerk off to your MtG blog you use to occasionally post big words that mean nothing in the context of which they're used.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

Honestly it's probably because you constantly bring up the subject and almost no one else does v:shobon:v

panda clue
May 23, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

What are you doing vocally Not Playing League and reposting offhand jokes from some Riot employee? Why does dynamic queue make you so mad?

I am sorry that my criticisms of your precious game seem to have triggered you, but I did actually make pretty thoughtful points on this very page that you just decided to ignore apparently. I'm glad a lot of people around here like Dynamic queue and I have no problem with it existing, but I think Riot is smart enough to piece together a game where both Dynamic and Solo queues can exist together. There is really no reason why people who like one can use one and people who like the other can use the other.

I actually would really like to be playing League right now because it can be very fun, but if Riot makes it not fun for me I'm not going to play it. I don't have time like I used to, and when I log in I want to play the champion I want to play without having to battle with people over it before I even get into the game. I really don't think this is unreasonable.

Also, I only noticed the Phreak tweet since I follow Overwatch and that got posted in an Overwatch thread.

kingcobweb posted:

Different people have different opinions about things - hosed up I know.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah because you three have such high standards of post quality, so sorry i've offended you sirs i'll go back to el reddito where i clearly belong with my "xD's" and my memespouts, all of which are things I constantly do to poo poo up the thread and get in the way of bond talking more about how his team carried his jhin games or for you to jerk off to your MtG blog you use to occasionally post big words that mean nothing in the context of which they're used.

I wasn't posting about you. My magic: the gathering writing is actually extremely good, though, thank you for reminding people that it exists.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
chill out luna

jesus

• Locked thread