Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Sono Chi no Kioku is my favorite OP in terms of the actual opening (the hype as gently caress shot with all their stands lined up), but the new one is posing some serious competition to Bloody Stream in terms of the song itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Why didn't Angelo's stand just phase inside of people? Stands are ghosts and can pass through objects, as we saw on multiple occasions like Jotaro using Star Platinum to stop his heart. If Aqua Necklace just needs to get inside you why not just phase into Josuke's stomach rather than going through the whole song and dance of getting drank.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CJ posted:

Why didn't Angelo's stand just phase inside of people? Stands are ghosts and can pass through objects, as we saw on multiple occasions like Jotaro using Star Platinum to stop his heart. If Aqua Necklace just needs to get inside you why not just phase into Josuke's stomach rather than going through the whole song and dance of getting drank.

Maybe stands can only ghost inside their owners body because that's where they emerge from in the first place.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJ posted:

It needs to have a physical form so it can possess/hurt people? The real answer is "because Araki didn't want it to do that".

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Aqua Necklace is one of those Stands that possesses and controls a substance, like Iggy's The Fool. So it has the disadvantage of not being a ghost, it's visible to normal people (otherwise the brandy trick would work), but has the advantage that when Josuke goes punch crazy on aqua necklace, Angelo isn't blown into ten million pieces.

There are very few hard and fast Stand rules, but this one and "A stand's power is directly proportional to how close it needs to stick to the user if they want any kind of control over it" are fairly consistent I think.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
First off, this episode rocked. Fantastic adaption of the source material with none of Part 3's pacing issues.

Secondly, Angelo's stand isn't just liquid-based, it's bound to tangible real-world liquids. People who can't see stands just don't perceive the anthropomorphic bits. N'Dour's Geb could also be seen by people without stands and was saddled with similar material limitations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Aqua Necklace is more similar to Hanged Man by way of having limited specific mobility, liquid vs reflections.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Bad Seafood posted:

First off, this episode rocked.

Well, a very specific part of this episode rocked. Angelo.

:v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, aqua necklace has control over liquids (and gaseous versions of them, such as the steam) and people who don't have stands can't see the weird humanoid bits but can see any liquid it might be using. it's why the cops were asking why the possessed guy at the minimart was opening his mouth, because to them it just looked like his jaw distending while josuke was actually able to see the stand pop out.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
One thing I think Araki does really well with Stands throughout the series is, besides a few general tendencies of Stands, they're allowed to just kind of be whatever they need to be for a story to work. When they first got introduced in SDC I thought "Oh boy, this is just going to lead to more rules that explain the stuff that break these rules and then more rules when he wants to break those, on and on," but happily he decided to just consider those initial rules a set of guidelines and be very freeform with how each person's Stand works.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Dias posted:

Well, a very specific part of this episode rocked. Angelo.

:v:
Yeah, and that ED choice was downright savage.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah, and that ED choice was downright savage.

If you stop to think about it, Angelo did something savage to that dog in a garden sorta kinda.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Also Desktops 1920 x 1080

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I once thought Koichi was a substandard boy compared to the other beautiful boys in Part 4, but this OP is showing me I've been wrong this whole time.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm dying

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Koichi is best smokey.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Just for reference, the manga does have Josuke mention he ripped up the glove before swallowing it. The script for that scene is the same as in the anime.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Aha! Is this our chance?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
As someone that hasn't read the manga the OP disappointed me a bit, only because it's INSANELY clear that Koichi gets a stand at some point (and I'm starting to suspect half this town does, if not more)

Also I was kind of hoping Jotaro would ORA ORA the poo poo out of Angelo and then Josuke would roughly put him back together and they'd repeat for a while but that's a much worse fate, I think.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Thumbtacks posted:

As someone that hasn't read the manga the OP disappointed me a bit, only because it's INSANELY clear that Koichi gets a stand at some point (and I'm starting to suspect half this town does, if not more)

Please don't judge Koichi, he doesn't know he looks so doofy.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Like Iggy, Koichi will become more beautiful later

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I super love the colors in this series and I'm halfway tempted to do some posts talking about color theory in relation to it if I'm so inspired.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Waffleman_ posted:

I super love the colors in this series and I'm halfway tempted to do some posts talking about color theory in relation to it if I'm so inspired.

poo poo like that is always welcome honestly

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll see if I can't whip something up this weekend regarding the OP, since I feel that the entire thing has some really strong color work in it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Please don't judge Koichi, he doesn't know he looks so doofy.

Koichi is just a dumb baby echoing whatever his cool friends do. An adorable dumb babby.

Waffleman_ posted:

Please do, dude.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
This may be a controversial statement, Koichi is my favorite part 4 boy

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

After too many ED edits have an OP edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR-CpTCfv1Q

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I was kinda down on this last week, but this episode kicked rear end

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Waffleman_ posted:

I would read the poo poo out of that.

Because oh my god I love how this series uses colour.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Stink Terios posted:

After too many ED edits have an OP edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR-CpTCfv1Q

I can appreciate this one.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

English dub version of the OP

I'm so mad this is 15 seconds too long because it's almost perfect

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 9, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Here's my version of the ED with The Boys Are Back In Town

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mabels big day posted:

it's incredibly hosed up how well this goes together

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Thumbtacks posted:

That's a pretty sound theory.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's incredibly hosed up how well this goes together

Man, if it weren't for the smaller-than-usual OP it would be perfect.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dias posted:

Man, if it weren't for the smaller-than-usual OP it would be perfect.

Someone could probably cut down a few of the lines at the end to make it sync up perfectly at the end but idk

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

mabels big day posted:

This is absurdly good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

It works the other way too :derp:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

OP and ED were great, kinda miss the 3D OP though. Good episode too.

• Locked thread