Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/718544669995454464

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Where's the corner Kelly?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

TheTatteredKing posted:

Where's the corner Kelly?

Excuse me, Kelly supports Trump, like all Patriotic Citizens

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Angrymantium posted:

There was no theft, the crossover between sovcits and white supremacists is huge

There's a lot of overlap, but SovCits are definitely a breed unto themselves. They're a lot more like Cruz whereas plain jane racists are more like Trump. Evangelical dominionism versus straight up white nationalism. Each shares things with the other, but it's not doing either justice by lumping them together. Look at the diversity of the people getting tased and having their windows ripped out by the bare hands of an angry officer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
All I wanna know is who gets arrested enough to build an identity around it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

There's a lot of overlap, but SovCits are definitely a breed unto themselves. They're a lot more like Cruz whereas plain jane racists are more like Drumpf. Evangelical dominionism versus straight up white nationalism. Each shares things with the other, but it's not doing either justice by lumping them together. Look at the diversity of the people getting tased and having their windows ripped out by the bare hands of an angry officer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

Man am I into this right away.

"what you MAY have is the opportunity to read *crash* I DO NOT CONSENT THIS IS BRUTALITY"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think the fact that so many of those (at least more than one I guess) ended with "CALL THE LAWYER" and "...which one" tells you exactly what kinda people are allowed to get away with this poo poo and what kinda people get shot for walking down the street scarily.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

d_redguy posted:

Jeb is a mess.

The Atalantic posted:

It was during Jeb Bush’s governing years that Columba let it slip to the press how her husband’s career had damaged their children, and that she reportedly told Jeb he had ruined her life.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/06/the-mysterious-columba-bush/392090/

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

AllanGordon posted:

I'm happy the narrative for hillary regarding benghazi is that she dindu nuffin

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol, no you're not. you're mad because you genuinely hoped that it would take her down, and it didn't, and now she's probably going to be president.:laugh:

e: like, i'm not thrilled hillary's gonna win, but it's pretty worth it just to see the trumpenproles howl with fury.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 8, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Hamelekim posted:

Every Republican operative I have heard interviewed on TV has said that a contested convention will lead to a third candidate being selected by the party. Ted Cruz will not be the republican nominee and is only being supported to kill Trump's chance at the magic number of votes he needs to seal his position as the nominee.

The Republican party will do everything in their power to ensure that the delegates choose their nominee when the first vote fails. I have no doubt that this is the case, I wonder what will happen if and when that comes to pass.

Assuming there's a contested convention...is there any realistic scenario that provides a better moment for the modern GOP to tell the kind of people who want to vote Trump (and maybe Cruz too) to gently caress off and get out?

It's highly visible, they're all banded together in the moment, many pundits have already laid the groundwork in those nasty rear end "These people who we encouraged to be pieces of poo poo, who we treat like poo poo, who repeat glaringly obvious bullshit, are poo poo. Also they live in squalor and do drugs" op-eds, everyone in the nation is watching and besides the exact narrow slice of people who they want to toss off...no one is having it. Letting this poo poo continue is all but gaurenteed to result in more disaster and another election where young and dark voters everywhere marinate in Democrat sauce.

So if not now, when? I couldn't dream up a better scenario for excising all the worst parts of their party.

In the real world, I assume this won't remotely happen. This is the party that blew the 08 election while happily running Sarah Palin against Obama and then decided the best course of action would be to hand the keys to her biggest fans for 8 years, and then didn't even stop to think that hard about it until 8 years later when Donald loving Trump had amassed an insurmountable delegate lead in their primary. Hard decisions and hard work aren't exactly pillars of the GOP soul these days.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

DaveWoo posted:

Excuse me, Kelly supports Trump, like all Patriotic Citizens

I really really can't tell if this is suppose to be sardonic or not

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Man am I into this right away.

"what you MAY have is the opportunity to read *crash* I DO NOT CONSENT THIS IS BRUTALITY"

Speaking of; Carol Bundy, wife of Cliven, has issued a challenge to Harry Reid:

quote:

Cliven Bundy's wife Carol Bundy released a video on Facebook Friday inviting Harry Reid to come to her ranch "look me square in the eye and tell me that my family and I are domestic terrorists."

"I would love for you to come to my ranch and tell me where my family has done any abuse of any kind to this land that we love,"

These people are like small children who just don't understand when it's in their best interest to shut the gently caress up.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Assuming there's a contested convention...is there any realistic scenario that provides a better moment for the modern GOP to tell the kind of people who want to vote Trump (and maybe Cruz too) to gently caress off and get out?

It's highly visible, they're all banded together in the moment, many pundits have already laid the groundwork in those nasty rear end "These people who we encouraged to be pieces of poo poo, who we treat like poo poo, who repeat glaringly obvious bullshit, are poo poo. Also they live in squalor and do drugs" op-eds, everyone in the nation is watching and besides the exact narrow slice of people who they want to toss off...no one is having it. Letting this poo poo continue is all but gaurenteed to result in more disaster and another election where young and dark voters everywhere marinate in Democrat sauce.

So if not now, when? I couldn't dream up a better scenario for excising all the worst parts of their party.

In the real world, I assume this won't remotely happen. This is the party that blew the 08 election while happily running Sarah Palin against Obama and then decided the best course of action would be to hand the keys to her biggest fans for 8 years, and then didn't even stop to think that hard about it until 8 years later when Donald loving Trump had amassed an insurmountable delegate lead in their primary. Hard decisions and hard work aren't exactly pillars of the GOP soul these days.

Yeah but what do they do to stop Cruz from stealing the nomination? All the delegates are his people. poo poo that means he is the party's foundation at this point. There is no wheel to be at and steer the ship, democracy is the tyranny of the mob.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The sovereign citizen ideology started with white Christian supremacy as a central tenant. Prior to the mid 2000s it was almost exclusively a white ideology.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Typo posted:

I really really can't tell if this is suppose to be sardonic or not

kelly is a known right wing curmudgeonly rear end in a top hat

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TheTatteredKing posted:

Yeah but what do they do to stop Cruz from stealing the nomination? All the delegates are his people. poo poo that means he is the party's foundation at this point. There is no wheel to be at and steer the ship, democracy is the tyranny of the mob.

If that's true, then it's a fatal flaw in the GOP nominating process that Cruz could have exploited to take down any potential nominee this cycle. Is that in fact the case? How did people like Priebus not see it coming; or is it in fact a feature and not a bug in the GOP party? Why would you allow something to exist that could be exploited by a slimy shitlord like Cruz?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

radical meme posted:

If that's true, then it's a fatal flaw in the GOP nominating process that Cruz could have exploited to take down any potential nominee this cycle. Is that in fact the case? How did people like Priebus not see it coming; or is it in fact a feature and not a bug in the GOP party? Why would you allow something to exist that could be exploited by a slimy shitlord like Cruz?

Because you can't stop people from networking within the party structure, you are literally questioning why inner-party politics exist

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

radical meme posted:

Is that in fact the case? How did people like Priebus not see it coming;

I mean just look at him.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

SHORT, GUY for Ted Cruz

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

TheTatteredKing posted:

Hey if you're gonna be bold and turn a page, fuckin' be bold and turn it. Tear up your rule book and tell everyone if they want to lose elections and make America hate them by being repugnant fascists they're free to do so on Reddit, 4chan and in a 3rd party.

Having Cruz as a nominee would be supremely interesting to me right now. Because without Trump, he would've definitely been the "Base lets off some steam, gets their 'true conservative' and we probably lose" candidate. Now all he's left with is being the "and we probably lose" candidate and a big dissapointing slime man to every single part of their party. But at least he's not a flashy weirdo death knell? I guess? What does that campaign look like?

imo the damage is done, there's no candidate left who's not going to air out the GOP dirty laundry and lose big, and even if you miraculously slot in Paul Ryan...all we'll be talking about from there to November is how hosed up it is, and what those spurned GOP people are going to do about it.

There's no hope left except the hail mary pass where you burn the whole thing down and hope a golden coiffed phoenix rises from the ashes and redeems itself to 3/4ths of the entire nation. And frankly when your far right conservative party is talking about out-of-nowhere candidates kool-aid-man bursting into your convention (as a GOOD thing, no less) and hail mary passes then what the gently caress good is it.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
dang the fishmech/boosted IK combo is actually quite effective

euthy
Sep 26, 2007

May you and your family live without suffering, but for the rest... Thanks for not breeding VHEMT
Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I think the fact that so many of those (at least more than one I guess) ended with "CALL THE LAWYER" and "...which one" tells you exactly what kinda people are allowed to get away with this poo poo and what kinda people get shot for walking down the street scarily.

Is there any such thing as a minority SovCit?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Hail Satan

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

TwinsensRevenge posted:

claiming you can't be pro-immigration and pro-working class is some hosed up poo poo. the slogan is "workers of the world, unite", not "workers of the world, unite based on geopolitical boundaries and fight each other with protectionist policies"

Yeah, but in the actual existing world elected leaders are responsible for nations of people.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I would burn all the dogwhistles in front of them, hug a gay business owner, ask Ta-Nehisi Coates to sign my Black Panther #1 and then put up a huge slide that says

"FROM NOW TO 2020 ALL WE GIVE A poo poo ABOUT IS MAKING SURE YOU MAKE 150% OF WHAT YOU MAKE NOW AND BUSINESS MAKES %175"

Don't like it? Go form the Trump party and see how beloved you are outside the bubble.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

TheTatteredKing posted:

I think Cruz is even worse at the general than Trump. It's just that Trump is loud and has a legion of loud idiots making noise at people who balk and want to put a stop to it.
I was like that until like SC. I wanted Trump to gain no traction because he emboldens awful people.

Culture War Forever, goon sir.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

euthy posted:

Wesley Snipes.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euthy posted:

Oh lord no, here's what the de facto leader of the movement said almost immediately after being embraced by the entire right wing sphere

quote:

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Just look at the demographics of anything involving sovcits you can find. It's a whites-only club, though if you're a wealthy minority you can buy a token share, like with libertarianism

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Yeah, they're actually WEAR THE loving HAT really good together, which is one of the better surprises this election season

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Dogstoyevsky posted:

I'm scared of how much I love my new reality

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agronox posted:

Yeah, they're actually WEAR THE loving HAT really good together, which is one of the better surprises this election season

Boisterous reality-skewer and master rules lawyer: What Trump/Cruz could have been

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Dogstoyevsky posted:

We should rethink this whole 12th amendment thing

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

euthy posted:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Typo posted:

Because you can't stop people from networking within the party structure, you are literally questioning why inner-party politics exist

Oh I understand that. What I don't get is how they didn't see the potential for the primary base to use the rules to screw whatever establishment candidate came along. Yeah, it's happening to Trump but, Cruz could just as easily be doing the exact same to JEB! or Rubio. Ron Paul had tried to do it the previous two elections. They knew the relative strength of the Tea Party base going in and yet, it appears, they just ignored any potential for fuckery by a guy like Cruz. With the extraordinary number of candidates this go around, it should have been obvious that it was made to order for a divide and conquer guy like Cruz.

edit: i suppose it's all hindsight at this point. the post-mortem of this election cycle is going to be glorious.

edit/edit: as an after thought, I just want to point out that without those 104 delegates from his win in Texas, Cruz's campaign would be dead and buried right now. my state sucks.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 9, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what in the everloving gently caress

i'd say this is clearly satire but it's got the classic sovcit signature of their own names presented 11 times as separate corporate entities

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

i'd say this is clearly satire but it's got the classic sovcit signature of their own names presented 11 times as separate corporate entities

The white teacher didn't slap Curtis, the white teacher's strawman slapped Curtis.

Also Curtis has to be like 25 by now.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
I loved that thread. I hope Curtis is living a normal life now, recovered from the slapping by a white teacher.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Epic High Five posted:

i remember that story when it broke or w/e, don't remember any sovcit stuff surrounding it

plus the names are copyrighted, don't think they know what they're doing for several reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Karl Sharks posted:

i remember that story when it broke or w/e, don't remember any sovcit stuff surrounding it

plus the names are copyrighted, don't think they know what they're doing for several reasons

Copyrighting names, claiming that you are two persons, one of whom is a business and your personal person cannot be tried and is not subject to laws, and especially demanding payments in silver are hallmarks of the SovCit. They're especially big on believing that you can drive without a license or registration because they're not driving, they're travelling. They're fond of this because your average SovCit has like 10 DUIs and can't legally drive.

Also extremely common: neo-Nazi tattoos and stolen valor

Read through the Malheur/now general sovcit chat thread sometime

• Locked thread