Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Crane Fist posted:

:siren: New strip is up. :siren:

Beef did nothing wrong, here. The only way he could have handled it better is by not showing up at all.

Genuinely interested if a) Showbiz's scam is possible and b) how long it would actually take. 4 months seems generous if it can even be done at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is it me or does it look like Showbiz's living on courtesy shuttles is getting to him? He looks like he's lost a bunch of weight.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I thought so too but he looks like he always has and also has always employed shaking his junk as a way of greeting.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

Genuinely interested if a) Showbiz's scam is possible and b) how long it would actually take. 4 months seems generous if it can even be done at all.

How do you cross the rockies and/or the desert?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

How do you cross the rockies and/or the desert?

With plastic bag shoes and Emeril food at the end.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Roast Beef comes from circumstances. One of them is Showbiz.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Crane Fist posted:

:siren: New strip is up. :siren:

Beef did nothing wrong, here. The only way he could have handled it better is by not showing up at all.

The last Achewood. It could be interpreted as a message to us to stop wishing the good old days were still around :(

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

achewood keeps being funny and im not letting myself look forward to it on friday's yet but these have all been solid for a while now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That was pretty much amazing from beginning to end, with an excellent alt-text to cap it off.

I would rather spend time with Pat than Showbiz :stare:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

You gotta do something really special to get Pat to shake his junk at you in greeting

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
HNNYAH!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jerusalem posted:

That was pretty much amazing from beginning to end, with an excellent alt-text to cap it off.

I would rather spend time with Pat than Showbiz :stare:

Pat's an rear end in a top hat, but you don't get the impression he's stealing from you and actively working to gently caress you over. Poor Beef. :(

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Of course he would douse himself in as much cologne as possible to hide his four month stank. And also of course he couldn't be assed to even steal a bottle of cologne(because he is actually terrible at stealing anything not in his brother's wallet) and just found some loving magazine inserts. Also jacking off with the magazine insert cologne.

Classic showbiz.

Mods please change my name to Hurts then Burns.

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 8, 2016

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Just Offscreen posted:

Mods please change my name to Hurts then Burns.
More like Hertz then Burns... because when you're done you can ride their shuttle...

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Heyooooo!

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
What's the alt text

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah come on guys if you're gonna post a link to the new strips then you may as well spoiler the alt text.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
I assume you're asking because you're on Mobile, but if you long press the image in Chrome (on an iPhone anyway, I assume it's the same on Android), it will show you the alt text. Safari doesn't work because the image is a link, but Chrome definitely does.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah come on guys if you're gonna post a link to the new strips then you may as well spoiler the alt text.

"It was actually magazine cologne inserts, but I believe his point still stands."

But do get a better mobile browser.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

choobs posted:

I assume it's the same on Android

Nope, the Google browser does not have this functionality on the Google phone running Google's OS which makes perfect sense.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

When was the last time we saw Showbiz? 7, 8 years?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

He probably got arrested at some point in time.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Didn't he get arrested for switching out all the fruit prior to Beef's wedding? I don't remember if we've seen him since then.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

BitterAvatar posted:

Didn't he get arrested for switching out all the fruit prior to Beef's wedding? I don't remember if we've seen him since then.

That was supposed to be his third strike. He probably plead it down.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
gently caress Showbiz. :colbert:

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Achewood Chat 13: In Which We Discuss a Cartoon Cat's Arrest Record

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Have we ever seen Showbiz interact with Lyle and Todd?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Showbiz instinctively knows better than to hang around people who would shiv him or beat the poo poo out of him for stealing cash or otherwise being a completely worthless lowlife

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Beef being ripped from using a mouse always cracks me up

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Happy Hippo posted:

Have we ever seen Showbiz interact with Lyle and Todd?

I don't think Showbiz can hang with the dirtiest dudes in town.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
I love how Showbiz's petty assholery is trumped only by his total incompetence.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think you could get around most major metropolitan areas but you can't actually get between them.

I have often wanted to do continental breakfast tours though. I feel like with semi-regular showers, a button down shirt tucked into your pants with a belt, and a satchel bag or briefcase, you could probably tour a serious number of hotels before people noticed that you were not really a customer.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Beef being ripped from using a mouse always cracks me up

Also I like that he was already primed to be furious because of how jinkety-assed the media player software that came with Showbiz's trick soap camera is

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

tacodaemon posted:

Also I like that he was already primed to be furious because of how jinkety-assed the media player software that came with Showbiz's trick soap camera is

I feel like anything but a custom media player running on a sensible tower sporting an immaculately kept and customized build of ARCH would elicit good natured scorn, possibly rage, from Beef. I know this because I know a Beef.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

mysterious frankie posted:

I feel like anything but a custom media player running on a sensible tower sporting an immaculately kept and customized build of ARCH would elicit good natured scorn, possibly rage, from Beef. I know this because I know a Beef.

Let's be honest. Most, but not all, goons are Roast Beef.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Let's be honest. Most, but not all, goons are Roast Beef.

I'm Teodor tho.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Teodor always struck me as the most depressing, and maybe the one Chris himself most related to. Roast Beef had a horrible child hood that's essentially scarred him for life, but he still tries really hard.

Teodor is basically a good person but he's never been pushed to do anything in his life, and odds are he never will. Is there a serenity in accepting that, and living a mediocre existence? We can't all be superstars, after all. And yet..the dissatisfaction lingers. Within that dissonance...lives Teodor.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tarranon posted:

Teodor always struck me as the most depressing, and maybe the one Chris himself most related to. Roast Beef had a horrible child hood that's essentially scarred him for life, but he still tries really hard.

Teodor is basically a good person but he's never been pushed to do anything in his life, and odds are he never will. Is there a serenity in accepting that, and living a mediocre existence? We can't all be superstars, after all. And yet..the dissatisfaction lingers. Within that dissonance...lives Teodor.

The most Teodor comic.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

alternatively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That is definitely the Roast Beefest strip.