Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'm not even going to bother until there's some guaranteed SSR pull. I've already watched this movie many times and it's ended in tears every time for me.

Also, wasted 40 STA trying to nuke Broly. Turns out L100 SA4 TEQ Perfect Cell can't do it even with double SSB TEQ Goku leads. But an L113 SA4 TEQ Super Perfect Cell can :hellyeah:

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Pulled Broly with my 5 stones. I spent all my strength stuff getting SSj3 Goku up for the Buu event so he'll have to wait.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Squallege posted:

Pulled Broly with my 5 stones. I spent all my strength stuff getting SSj3 Goku up for the Buu event so he'll have to wait.

Extreme temptation to try a pull now but must resist.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Just do it man, you'll just get a disappointing multi-pull.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ChronoReverse posted:

Extreme temptation to try a pull now but must resist.

I just beat Cell after a long rear end battle where he did not get stunned apparently then gave me a big hit, followed by a solar kamehameha, spent the stone out of frustration and EASILY beat him. While I have loathed to spent stones on continuing, holy poo poo that was gratifying. 2 down....

I am actually glad to have this to do instead of the temptation/disappointment cycle of the Gacha for once.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Just think about those 50 stone multipulls that gave you trash and you'll feel better about spending stones to continue in order to get those TUR awakening medals.

By the way, someone on reddit posted a strategy to defeat Buu with cheap cards + a Broly friend, I just tested it (replacing skinny Gotenks with STR Saiyaman 2) and can confirm it works wonders.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4dtiui/a_cheap_team_defeating_kid_buu_40stamina/

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Keep in mind that you get a boost to attack and, I think, ki after you spend a stone. Probably why it's easier.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

Keep in mind that you get a boost to attack and, I think, ki after you spend a stone. Probably why it's easier.

I did not know this. As is I only figure it's worth it to me to stone on his last health bar as is. I don't think I could live with myself 2 stoning Cell... but if it gets closer to the 18th I may. :v:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm just slowly chipping away at the Buu and Broly medals for later. I figure I'll eventually get a Kid Buu, so it'll be good to have the ability to Dokkan him. As for Broly? I figure I'll eventually Dokkan the second one I pulled during Cell, I guess?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Buu is seriously kicking my rear end big time :( If anyone has any tips for strategy or team building, I'd appreciate it

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 8, 2016

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

You should edit those photos of your name, rank, and zeni. There have been reports of people hijacking accounts by calling customer support with that info and getting an account transfer.

Fake Edit:
I haven't fought Buu due to grinding Cell but this might help and you seem to have most of the cards.

Petiso posted:

Just think about those 50 stone multipulls that gave you trash and you'll feel better about spending stones to continue in order to get those TUR awakening medals.

By the way, someone on reddit posted a strategy to defeat Buu with cheap cards + a Broly friend, I just tested it (replacing skinny Gotenks with STR Saiyaman 2) and can confirm it works wonders.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4dtiui/a_cheap_team_defeating_kid_buu_40stamina/

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 8, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

You should edit those photos of your name, rank, and zeni. There have been reports of people hijacking accounts by calling customer support with that info and getting an account transfer.

Fake Edit:
I haven't fought Buu due to grinding Cell but this might help and you seem to have most of the cards.

Thanks for the tip. All fixed now.

And yeah, I looked at that but then realized I don't have a Dracula Man which seems to be key to the whole thing

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I mean, it looks like you have the team for it. Ult Gohan/Goku/Saiyaman/Saiyaman 2/Gotenks/Gotenks. Ox King is super handy for this, since he still reduces damage to 25%, rather than by. Senzu/Puar/Fruit/Ox King would probably get you the mileage.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Argh, I seem to have used up all my SSGSS TEQ Goku friends with just one more Broly medal to go. Gotta wait another 20 minutes to 4 STA to regenerate again (already used up 20 trying shuffle for different ones).

I wonder if it's safe to mini-nuke without a SSGSS TEQ Goku friend leader.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

Argh, I seem to have used up all my SSGSS TEQ Goku friends with just one more Broly medal to go. Gotta wait another 20 minutes to 4 STA to regenerate again (already used up 20 trying shuffle for different ones).

I wonder if it's safe to mini-nuke without a SSGSS TEQ Goku friend leader.

I've found it kind of rough only going in with one Golden Frieza, don't know how buff Cell is.

Apparently the SA7 Amond (the STR Turles guy) I have laying around would be a useful card to use for Buu, so I think I'm going to awaken him. He's probably more useful than Draculaman for sealing SAs, which is definitely a niche worth having a card for.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 8, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I've found it kind of rough only going in with one Golden Frieza, don't know how buff Cell is.

Apparently the SA7 Amond (the STR Turles guy) I have laying around would be a useful card to use for Buu, so I think I'm going to awaken him. He's probably more useful than Draculaman for sealing SAs, which is definitely a niche worth having a card for.
I found a SSB TEQ Goku friend finally so I didn't have to find out. I assume I'd be losing close to 50% of my damage though so that would be 1 million damage instead of 2? Could be rough trying to survive until the second nuke.

Now I'm wondering whether to farm PHY Broly or AGL Cell first. Buu isn't really on my mind since I don't think I have the characters to defeat him yet.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'd say Broly. SSJ Broly is pretty dang good, one of the better PHY SSJs and just generally a really solid PHY card.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I second Broly. I went from garbo Xenoverse Trunks to Broly and the difference was great.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I hate this Buu event. I've beaten the level 1 Z-Hard stage like 10 times and never got a card drop. At least I'm close to dokkan awakening my AGL Buu...

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I got 2 Buu's twice. My main problem was sometimes getting 1-shot by the STR evil Buu in the 1st round

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I got 10 medals from Buu. Just need to wait till I can farm more Grandpa Gohans now. In the meantime I guess I'll start the Super 13 grind :negative:

Annoyingly, the only characters he has ki links with are completely obnoxious to get. I guess I'll pray for a TEQ Cell pull sometime.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I got SR STR Dabura from my free 5 stones. :/

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I got INT Mr Buu. Ehhh, could be worse.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
SR AGL Zangya. At least it wasn't an R

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone have a turkey lead that I could use for Cell?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Anyone have a turkey lead that I could use for Cell?

What do you mean by turkey lead?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

ChronoReverse posted:

What do you mean by turkey lead?

Probably an auto-correct from Turles?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Is Broly the Doomsday of anime or is Doomsday the Broly of comics?

They're kind of the same guy. They're kind of exactly the same guy.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

visceril posted:

Is Broly the Doomsday of anime or is Doomsday the Broly of comics?

They're kind of the same guy. They're kind of exactly the same guy.

Except they've tried doing different things with Doomsday. Not necessarily good, but different at least.
Broly is nothing but "Kakarooooot!"

I've been listening to my brother gripe, he's trying to put together the Bardock team, he has been completely unable to get Shugesh or Tora though, and it irritates the hell out of him. I dunno why he's so obsessed, but, I guess everyone has their white whale to hunt.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

cptn_dr posted:

Probably an auto-correct from Turles?

Yep! Posted from my iPad and it autocorrected Turles :(

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

the_steve posted:

Except they've tried doing different things with Doomsday. Not necessarily good, but different at least.
Broly is nothing but "Kakarooooot!"

They actually did and we got Bio Broly.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Fuuuuuck I have gone through 80 stamina on 4 stam missions waiting for an AGL Golden Frieza to show up so I can do Broly one last time. Not to mention the 3 more I need for the PHY one!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It finally happened. I finally beat Buu. I have reasoned that having a SSJ3 Goku is an absolute must.

It's the Buu second stage that always gets me. If it's not the INT super buu, I'm dead.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I got much better at the Cell games. Got my 10 and only really burned like 3 stones getting them! So pumped to have that done now. However I don't have enough Shen's or Piccolo Daiymo's to first awaken Cell. 1 more Piccolo and 3 Shen :(

Did a victory pull with the 5 stones I had left.... PHY R Hercule. :suicide:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I finally got my tenth Buu medal but now I don't know which Buu to use it on.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Squallege posted:

I finally got my tenth Buu medal but now I don't know which Buu to use it on.

AGL Kid Buu gets my vote.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

How good is this new STR Spirit Bomb Goku anyway? His stats seem decent.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Aurora posted:

How good is this new STR Spirit Bomb Goku anyway? His stats seem decent.

I think he's a decent STR nuker, though I haven't got him myself.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah, I'm wondering if I have a TEQ Cell level nuker :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
If there were a STR nuke leader then he'd be the nuker to go with it. As is, he's another character in the crowded STR field