Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
he was also in metal gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

And Smash Bros.

And Naked Snake is like 80% Solid Snake.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

And Smash Bros.

And Naked Snake is like 80% Solid Snake.

he is exactly 50% solid snake, friend

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

#kojimawaswrong #iwillbuythiscar

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can not contain my excitement for Dark Souls 3. Best part is my boss is getting it too and accepted my time off request :coal:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

What now, Kiefer Sutherland?! :slick:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
kiefer was a terrible snake

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rexicon1 posted:

His dad would be the best one though.

Donald Sutherland needs to do more video game voice acting and fewer commercials telling me how good northern Ontario is.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Samus is a guy's name

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rexicon1 posted:

Kojima had been trying to get rid of David Hayter for years! Imagine if they changed to Sutherland during MGS3?

What if it turns out Konami did the smart move by dropping Kojima? We wont know till the next Kojima game!

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 9, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kojima generally makes pretty good games even aside from MG, so it depends on the scope of his next project.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Zone of the Enders 1, lol. MGStpp was meh, a few years late. The side missions weren't as good as the ones in the mini demo.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Zone of the Enders 2 bitch.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
OK so 50% of the non-MGS ZoE games were good. Snatcher was good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCKkV4eXqS8

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

He was also producer on the Boktai series, which is good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Motto posted:

He was also producer on the Boktai series, which is good.

The hell you say

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Policenauts is funny because you can spoil a major plot beat if you spend five seconds thinking about why you can't creep on one girl when every other woman you meet has a unique animation + text for perving on them.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys.

Y'know what's a great game?

Bloodborne! Post your favorite Bloodborne moment and outfit.

I like the whole DLC, particularly its gradual descent into true Lovecraftian horror. My favorite outfit is probably the Charred Hunter's Set with the Top Hat combo, although I'm really partial to the Beggar's Set for some reason.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My fave moment is the part where I can't play it because console exclusivity is still a thing in 2016 AD

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jay Rust posted:

My fave moment is the part where I can't play it because console exclusivity is still a thing in 2016 AD

Don't worry you didn't miss much from the lovely action souls.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

That's what happens when the console producer funds the game.

e: you don't have to like it, but it's like still being angry about bayo2. These sorts of games either exist as they are or not at all.

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 9, 2016

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Guy Mann posted:

Policenauts is funny because you can spoil a major plot beat if you spend five seconds thinking about why you can't creep on one girl when every other woman you meet has a unique animation + text for perving on them.

You can actually totally creep on her though.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Playstation Vita Exclusive

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADYoceSl6lw

thank god i can finally experience this game with the beautiful graphics they intended

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lurdiak posted:

The federation betraying Samus and all the melodrama with the computer is totally unnecessary bunk.

Less "betraying Samus" and more "Samus discovering they are essentially Umbrella Corp. but In Space." It still felt a bit forced, though... But! It did create an interesting scenario where Samus destroys a GF research station, damages a planet (SR388) within Federation space, and then proceeds to escape using a stolen GF vessel and AI unit, thus becoming a fugitive in the eyes of the Galactic Federation that could have led to a really cool fifth mainline installment in the series!

...instead we got Other M. Oh well lol

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Mak0rz posted:

Less "betraying Samus" and more "Samus discovering they are essentially Umbrella Corp. but In Space." It still felt a bit forced, though... But! It did create an interesting scenario where Samus destroys a GF research station, damages a planet (SR388) within Federation space, and then proceeds to escape using a stolen GF vessel and AI unit, thus becoming a fugitive in the eyes of the Galactic Federation that could have led to a really cool fifth mainline installment in the series!

When a resident evil movie has better plot then Other M, fire sakamoto

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

I just don't find any of that compelling. Evil aliens and exploring weird untamed planets with mysterious ruins was a formula I was totally happy with.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

I just don't find any of that compelling. Evil aliens and exploring weird untamed planets with mysterious ruins was a formula I was totally happy with.

I don't mind an attempt to shake it up every once in awhile, though. The research station managed to provide varied environments and it felt kind of unique amongst the series (until Other M rehashed it). The SA-X was a fantastic feature, as well as altering Samus as significantly as they did; the weakness to ice is an interesting twist to the gameplay, as was the X parasite power up system. None of these are really radically different from what Metroid had before, but they play as nice twists to familiar mechanics.

There's definitely more of a story, but once you've gotten to the third area, the game stops interrupting you so much and you get much longer periods of just free exploration. You're discouraged from backtracking in general, but the game reroutes you through old areas from time to time anyway, which reduces the need. The setting is utilized well, and I enjoyed the finale quite a lot. Fusion also has easily some of the best boss fights in the series.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I don't mind an attempt to shake it up every once in awhile, though. The research station managed to provide varied environments and it felt kind of unique amongst the series (until Other M rehashed it). The SA-X was a fantastic feature, as well as altering Samus as significantly as they did; the weakness to ice is an interesting twist to the gameplay, as was the X parasite power up system. None of these are really radically different from what Metroid had before, but they play as nice twists to familiar mechanics.

I was fine with all that. Except the stupid talking computer.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna play as ridley in smash bros

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, boktai is good, and so is boktai 2, and I never played the other two games in the series so idk if they are good or not, but boktai 1 and 2 are both definitely good

Also liked how in fusion samus is all like "guess I owe my life to the metroid hatchling again" and then never talks about it again because that's as far as she needs to go with that line of thought. Just "welp thanks bud" and that's it, no constant dwelling on it, no awkward dialogue trying to discuss themes of motherhood and babies and poo poo

Fusion was good. Nightmare was good. The lead up to Nightmare owns.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna play as ridley in smash bros

Ridley's too cool for smash. And he'd never fit.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't give a gently caress i wanna play as ridley in smash

JoJoJosephSmith
Apr 8, 2016

would you settle for ridley as a final smash

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't give a gently caress i wanna play as ridley in smash

Reskinned Charizard ala Captain Falcon/Ganondorf would probably work.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It'd be cool if Dark Samus was a playable character in a Smash game a la Dark Pit. A gimmicky copy character with some small differences, but her final smash would call in various forms of Ridley and she'd ride on it shooting guys with fireballs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I could never play Boktai here, not enough sun.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Dammit I'm stuck with rookies in RL that cannot shoot a ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeunWgiHbj0

• Locked thread