Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Tippis posted:

It's called Magnarp. Get your IKEA lore in order.

There was no $3000 airplane lamp that might have worked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

And he posts! (And now I can see it is a bear. :haw:)

Yes, not a dog you whelp! Also hi :haw:

And now back to lurking..

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Lord Kinbote posted:

Someone stick him into elliots basket from ET.

Bearded virgin Mary

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
That Reddit thread is pretty fascinating. I wonder if it's managed to penetrate the RDF in LA, or if they're brushing it off like everything else.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

m'lady....

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lord Kinbote posted:

Someone stick him into elliots basket from ET.

Ok.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
^^^^ HAH

New people watch this because it's funny. Old people: it's the hosed up teeth laughing guy.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

So that's where the second seat went.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Same.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

this is me.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

In Conclusion posted:

As you can see, we have not been idle this month (nor have we ever been idle). We are very excited the Xi’an Aopoa Khartu-al is being enjoyed. We know how long you have been waiting for it and we are proud of each new ship we release. Although mainly focused on by our compatriots in the UK, the Starfarer’s hangar debut was also another milestone we were excited to complete. As mentioned earlier, we cannot wait until you see what we are doing with the Caterpillar, Herald, Reliant, and more. While we are proud of our accomplishments this month, it also reminds us we still have many more milestones to reach for. See you next month!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

"As mentioned earlier, we cannot wait until you see what we are doing with the Caterpillar, Herald, Reliant, and more." What they mean to say is that they've gone back to the drawing board because those have all been unapproved.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i swear to god we are actually working i promise

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm the 100 million dollar international company who's narrative is completely controlled by a thread on a dead gay comedy forum.

atxsperg
Jan 29, 2016

I like cats for their cuddles, but hate the boxes of shit.

runsamok posted:

"We had the lone programming intern left at Austin fix some of the XML files after a Chris Roberts coke-bender-fuelled refactoring that caused a naming mismatch in a half dozen random barely-functional game systems"

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

atxsperg
Jan 29, 2016

Justin Tyme posted:

Well, 8ace is not just one person, so maybe whoever is sharing the account got spooked

It's pretty obvious too, like some posts will be in extremely broken/strange English (like imagine your grandpa trying to post) and others will be much more coherent.

maybe it fluctuates with his BAC

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

This page doesn't have a cat.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Wafflz posted:

I'm the 100 million dollar international company who's narrative is completely controlled by a thread on a dead gay comedy forum.

im gay

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

Can i knick it for an av if someone can resize it man.pretty please?with a 500 dollar jpeg on top?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Haskell9 posted:

Bearded virgin Mary

That too…

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Raskolnikov posted:

This page doesn't have a cat.

That's a pro cat that needs petting

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The 'Pay to Win' argument on Reddit/RSI forums is the most asinine argument imaginable. Unless you are paying money to (literally) win, then it isn't pay to win :downs:.

Well then 99% of the poo poo that gets bandied about as pay to win, isn't actually pay to win. Very few PvP/competitive games (PvE doesn't count, because you are not winning against other people!) have cash only items that give you an unbeatable advantage over non paying players. Because you know what, it would be unfun, completely subvert player progression, and no one would play it.

So pats on backs to croberts and the team at CIG for making a game with the expectation that you will spend an unbearably long time to grind out enough in-game money for a ship upgrade. In a game like Eve, capital ships have a purpose commensurate to financial cost. In Star Citizen, there is no end game or real purpose for large/capital ships. It is just a bigger, cooler toy which is held back to encourage people to spend money. It is the same mechanism to encourage spending used in lovely pay to win mobile games that rake in millions of dollars a day.

Citizens are fighting back against the most upvoted comment in the 'unpopular opinion thread' pretty hard. The echo chamber is as strong as ever.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 9, 2016

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

atxsperg posted:

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

DId you say earlier that CiG employees as of the 4th were two weeks in arrears being paid or am I misremembering?

Tippis posted:

That too…

:hfive:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

But, it is starting to appear, at least, that Ben and Lando are starting to develop consciences (Lando faster than Ben).

atxsperg
Jan 29, 2016

Haskell9 posted:

DId you say earlier that CiG employees as of the 4th were two weeks in arrears being paid or am I misremembering?

:hfive:

two weeks arrears is standard for employers that pay bi-weekly. usually instituted when any of the staff are hourly to make it easier to do payroll.
I made no date indications.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Just an observation on Lesnick's comments on the livestream at Lando about the "leak", but it's pretty loving unprofessional to bring that kind of work related thing up in such a public manner. That's something that should be left to a meeting with Lando's direct one up, not for Lesnick to rub in on RtV. If anyone should be fired, it should be Lesnick.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

D_Smart posted:

The whales that still want to fund this poo poo-show, don't have what (balls, disposable cash to set on fire) it takes see it to the end. It's too late.

The whales who want their money back, and who are righteously disgruntled, are the ones who are capable of bringing this poo poo-show down, and straight into court. Feds be damned.
The E.L.E. is real. And the whale involvement is only a secondary effect.

The Reddit thread is a Gold mine of hilarity. I haven't spoken to any of my sources yet about it.

I just love that sometimes the last thing people prepare their schemes for are humans. And I believe you when you say the E.L.E. is real, since it's seemed like there hasn't been any other way for this to end as long as CR is at the helm. If any of your sources have anything to say about the repercussions of the Reddit thread it would be awesome to hear about.

D_Smart posted:

I've got news for you. With 8ace, and that other chap either curtailing and disappearing, and me just watching some of here flail about, you're going to have to come up with your own material now. That's what happens when some of you continue to kick the Golden geese in the balls.

And when the E.L.E does happen, as shocked as some will be, you all would have missed everything leading up to it.

So yeah, nice job. :smug:

Does this mean you're going to stop updating your blog/twitter?

Lastly

quote:

Feds be damned.

What does this mean?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Samizdata posted:

What? You chose interacting joyfully with Awesome Dog over RTV? Seriously? Lifeban this apostate!

I know, I'm the worst :negative:

TBH I needed a break from jerking off about mysterious ELEs for a day.

It was starting to chafe.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

This week:

Next month: Not all star systems will be completed by launch.

Six months: Not all features/game mechanics will be completed by launch.

A few months before Squadron 42: Squadron 42 is the baseline for Star Citizen 1.0.

A few months after Squadron 42: Failed to merge Squadron 42 code into PU.

A few more months after Squadron 42: Newest patch for baby-PU alpha 2.x is renamed to Star Citizen 1.0.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 9, 2016

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

hes legit going to shoot up that place :stare:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

moveable shape posted:

Sandis personality disorder(s) are as painfully obvious as Ben's rapid weight gain.

Her forced smiles are like the single strained button on Bens shirts which could explode violently at any second, releasing its terrible burden
I met her in person and that was my impression in under 3 seconds.

Renon Vesir posted:

Good morning thread! I just now got caught up after being behind since Easter. I bring to you a fresh doodle.

A lot of people compare Sandi to Maleficent and I don't feel that is correct. I see her as more of a Cruella Deville. Narcissistic, believes she is fashionable, spiteful.. And not at all adverse to abusing other people's big furry pets.

This is awesome.

Renon Vesir posted:

High fidelity, full color Cruella di Sandi. It's a transparent png so you can add whatever you like to the background.

This is somehow better!

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 9, 2016

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

atxsperg posted:

two weeks arrears is standard for employers that pay bi-weekly. usually instituted when any of the staff are hourly to make it easier to do payroll.
I made no date indications.

Ah, I misunderstood. When the tottering tree transitions from creaking and groaning to falling over sideways you have got to share some of the 'you won't believe me' gonzo stories. I at least will completely believe you. :munch:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

G0RF posted:

I've got tears running down my face from this.

:five: :five: :five:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

hahahaha HOLY poo poo.

Oh Lando...

Do you finally see?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Tokamak posted:

This week:

A few months before Squadron 42: Squadron 42 is the baseline for Star Citizen 1.0.

A few more months after Squadron 42: Newest patch for baby-PU alpha 2.x is renamed to Star Citizen 1.0.

That plus the addition of in-game PTU stores for easier fleecing at every corner is probably the roadmap that came out of the big meeting of the minds earlier this year.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

1500 posted:

:fuzzknot: (Bootcha's girlfriend) turned psycho and and was probated, and then forced Bootcha to leave the thread. Although we are assuming they they are not one and the same and it really was a Psycho moment.

No one did anything to EightAce, he/they posted a drunken clue that no one could possibly get then woke up and regretted it.

They aren't. I can guarantee that. And she doesn't seem so psycho with some of the stories I have heard about CIG and certain CIG employees not knowing when enough is enough.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Tokamak posted:

This week:

turns out, you've been playing launch all along.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

G0RF posted:

It's not parpy or SC related but:

something like that would always get my attention.

AP stuff is as good as the thread gets so something that really pops would make sure I never miss it. But it may be better being Parpy.

Man, it ain't easy being Parpy....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I thought :fuzzknot: was just joking around and her joke fell a little flat. I'll never understand what all the fuss was about.

• Locked thread