Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I don't know if they do it outside of the US, but if you have Amazon Prime, it also gives you 20% off of pre-orders.

That's US-only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Beat Chronicles of Teddy. I'd say it's a pretty drat cool game overall. There are a few annoying parts here and there but mostly it was just a smooth and fun Zelda/Metroidvania thing. I have two trophies left that require beating the game again and I just might do that.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well I'll be damned, the New Game+ mode in Chronicles of Teddy has actual effort put into it with rearranged enemy positions and even slightly changed level design. That's rare and unexpected.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

SpacePig posted:

I don't know if they do it outside of the US, but if you have Amazon Prime, it also gives you 20% off of pre-orders. I have it on order there, and my price is gonna be $24, and I think release-date delivery. Prime is cool.

Amazon somehow hosed up on mine so they gave me 2 20% off discounts making it 20 dollars after tax. Don't know how or why but I'm not complaining.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I don't remember seeing this posted, but there is a free Warframe dynamic theme up:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/warframe-excalibur-dynamic-theme/cid=UP2097-CUSA00080_00-UTH0000000007088

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I got a hankering for more Picross games since I got the 3DS Zelda Picross and checked to see if there are any on Vita. There is one, but for some reason Sketchcross is not available on the EU PSN. What the hell

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I have to imagine Picross being annoying on a capacitive screen but maybe not.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Ometeotl posted:

I have to imagine Picross being annoying on a capacitive screen but maybe not.

I have not, and will never, play Picross with touch/stylus. I'm much faster and more precise with a d-pad and buttons, if only because I don't have to pre-select whether I want to uncover or mark a certain field. Pressing A or B instead is much faster.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I have a picross thing on my phone and yeah it's not great with a finger, the bigger puzzles don't fit on the screen either so you have to constantly change tools to pan around

The 3DS ones are perfect because the stylus is good and precise and you can change tools effortlessly by positioning the analog pad up/down/neutral

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Looking for recommendations people! After the best couch coop game for the PS4, ideally a platformer but anything's good.

Only caveat is that it can't be Rocket League as my PSN has lapsed and I'm not looking to renew so can't buy it. :(

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

edf

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Weavered posted:

Looking for recommendations people! After the best couch coop game for the PS4, ideally a platformer but anything's good.

Only caveat is that it can't be Rocket League as my PSN has lapsed and I'm not looking to renew so can't buy it. :(

2 players, or 3-4?

edf is the correct answer for 2 players.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Weavered posted:

Rayman Legends

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

EDF is the correct choice for any question.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Weavered posted:

EDF or Disney Infinity 3.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Diablo 3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

Rayman Legends

best 2d platformer in years

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Weavered posted:

If you're looking for coop with your roommates or partner and have some time investment, maybe you just wanna spend your comfy Sunday evenings playing together, Diablo 3 is hands-down the best couch coop game, sheer quality gameplay combined with depth and long-term character progression.

If you're looking for coop with visiting friends and mates, you should try other suggestions mentioned here. Diablo 3 isn't something you can just pick up and play with your mates over curry and a couple of cans.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Seconding EDF, it's seriously very fun and easy to get into.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The Towerfall story missions are pretty fun for coop.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Play forming coop? BROFORCE

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Fumaofthelake posted:

The Towerfall story missions are pretty fun for coop.

Seconding this. And as a bonus it's a great couch competitive game too!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Diablo, Rayman, and Nidhogg when you are inevitably frustrated by your partner's incompetence and demand satisfaction.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Chariot was really fun for me and my non-gamer wife. Trine was, too. Towerfall got frustrating but we got through the normal stages.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't trick that poor soul into playing Diablo III

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does Helldivers have local coop? Because that would be great

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Does Helldivers have local coop? Because that would be great

yep

gently caress hell divers though its only 2 weeks until Alienation comes out. really excited to see housemarque top their particle effects from resogun on this one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

yep

gently caress hell divers though its only 2 weeks until Alienation comes out. really excited to see housemarque top their particle effects from resogun on this one.

What's Alienation?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

What's Alienation?

housemarque's new game, follow up to resogun, its if xcom was a 4 player co-op twin stick (local and online coop) with also invasion of other online players like in souls.

housemarque is known for their insane use of lighting and particle effects, great arcade gameplay, and amazing post launch support and expansions.

here's the trailer before this post gets more gushing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1RFO0Aa5s

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

edit: ahh gently caress i goofed its online co-op and invasion pvp only at launch. plans to ship local co-op post release.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 10, 2016

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I have 5 PSN bucks to spend. What are some good things I could spend it on?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
A flaming skull avatar.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Corn Love

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Just hold onto it until a good sale has something that catches your eye.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

mikeycp posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mikeycp posted:

A ps one classic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Parasite Eve is a pretty cool game. I don't know if it's less than 5 dollars though

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

In Training posted:

Parasite Eve is a pretty cool game. I don't know if it's less than 5 dollars though

It's $5.99 and worth every cent.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Edit I'm dumb nm

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

FishBulb posted:

Corn Love

This is absolutely the correct answer. It's the PS4's real killer app.

• Locked thread