Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

catlord posted:

God drat, Dan Didio, what is with you and Kamandi? He seems to really want to make Kamandi a thing and hasn't managed to yet.

If he wanted a home-run Kamamdi book he would've accepted Paul Pope's pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

catlord posted:

Those sound interesting, I'm intrigued. A little confused about why it needs to be a new imprint, but ok.

God drat, Dan Didio, what is with you and Kamandi? He seems to really want to make Kamandi a thing and hasn't managed to yet.

Didio loves anything by Kirby, and the Metal Men. Despite all his bullshit, I have to give him the maddest of props for this Kamandi series. Who else would gather such a varied group of creators for a Kamandi book?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dan's never going to stop trying to revive Kirby stuff, no mater how little it sells. If you're gonna concede admiration for the guy over anything, it should be that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

I think everybody who's ever seen that map of Kamandi's world has wanted to try to make Kamandi a thing if only so they can write a story set in the Kangarat Murder Society.
If anyoe ever does that, there'd better be elements of Mad Max/Tank Girl pastiches involved, or they are Doing It Wrong.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So. I gave Omega Men my best shot. Eh.

I can kind of understand who the target audience for this kind of story is supposed to be, but I can't really see the appeal myself. It's very...pretentious. Dunno how else to put it. I don't like the characters, I don't like the situation, I don't know why I should, and it's been ten issues of the same. I find King's work on Vision much more interesting and accessible.

And unless Kyle's newfound hyper-religiousness and Spanish-fluency is some Nu52 New Guardians thing I missed, I'm gonna assume King just pulled it out of his butt.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Take a look at the Darkseid War GL one-shot he did. If King got to write Green Lantern it might star the Pope.

Rolling Stone interview with Way on Young Animal.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gerard-way-talks-new-dc-comics-imprint-im-here-for-the-long-haul-20160407?page=2

quote:

You've found a lot of ways to fuse your background in visual art with your music career, but how does it feel to finally focus your energy primarily on your love for comics?
It feels great. A monthly book is a lot different than the limited series that I was doing — and still continue to do — with Umbrella Academy. We're on Series Three right now, and you really have a long time to write those things. You plan those out pretty far in advance. Being a comic-book writer for a monthly book is a whole different animal, and you end up putting a lot of yourself into it — a lot of personal things I feel. And that happens in Umbrella Academy, too, but it feels more immediate because you need material to sell those books. To get back to your question, it feels amazing. I come in, and I help edit. I art-direct; I help put the teams together; I give people directions. Sometimes I write scenes, things like that. It's using all of my skills, which is really great, and it's more focused than when I was doing art for the band, but it's very similar.

Growing up, what was your relationship with DC Comics?
I love all the companies, really. They all have a place in my heart. I started by reading X-Men, and then I discovered Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns. What I got from DC was this different kind of cerebral comics that I felt like I wasn't getting with normal superhero stuff. The fact that DC was doing it immediately just latched me onto DC, and it elevated their importance to me. Not only did I have great books like Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns and things like that, but there was also Doom Patrol coming out and then the birth of [mature-reader DC imprint] Vertigo shortly after. I've been with DC really ever since.

You're describing the Young Animal imprint as "comics for dangerous humans." Can you explain the meaning behind that?
Aside from sounding extremely cool to me, I'd like to think that the comics exist for people that want something different or would like mature-reader takes on DCU characters. It's also there for people that maybe don't normally like superhero comics.

I like to think everybody is a potentially dangerous human, so one of the things about the line that was really important to me was that it really can reach more people than just a certain type of audience. The books are all constructed to be enjoyed by people that like all different kinds of books. Even the books that have superheroes in them aren't completely superhero books. They're all really unique. It's interesting and different. So [dangerous humans] is a nod to the potential readers. I like to think of dangerous humans as potential readers.

I know Doom Patrol will be launching the imprint. What can we expect from your take on it?
Doom Patrol was a really crazy odyssey for me. It's the most important superhero comic book to me; it kind of always has been, since when I was young reading Grant Morrison's stuff, and then Rachel Pollack's run. After Rachel Pollack's run, I had really kind of moved on to more indie stuff, like Eightball and Hate by Peter Bagge. I started moving to Fantagraphics stuff, although I did read Love and Rockets early on because I had a friend who had a cool sister who collected Love and Rockets comics. But that was also my kind of gateway into Fantagraphics books.

After that, I went back when they started reprinting [Doom Patrol], and I read all the original series from the Sixties. Those early Doom Patrols were also a big influence on Umbrella Academy as well. One of the things that I took away from re-reading all of the runs is that every writer came in, and every artist came in, and they did their own take; they did their own thing. I think my starting point was Grant's material, and then the further I got into the process, I started to draw from all of the continuity and all of the writers' runs. I have every issue of Doom Patrol that ever existed, so there's great things about everybody's run, and I'm trying to incorporate all of them.

My take is a brand-new take. I would say, to me- it feels like a cross between, kind of the super strange things that were going on around the time of Grant Morrison and Rachel Pollack, and then it has a lot of the spirit of the original series from the Sixties. It also has this indie kind of feel like Love and Rockets. Love and Rockets is a big influence.

My take's very different, and I think I owe that to readers of Doom Patrol. I think if I came in and just did fan fiction of something then that would be no good. Aside from that, I'm a completely different writer than Grant. He's my hero and he's my mentor, but I can't go near what he did. Like, it's so great and it's so intellectual. There's a certain way he wrote that comic that I can't do, so I'm not going to.

How has it been for you, as a longtime fan of DC and also as an artist yourself, to come in and honor these characters while also creating something unique and true to your style?
It's been interesting because obviously I want to come in and do things that are pretty different and exciting and experimental and take risks. That's very important to me. I try to bring that to everything that I do. Because of that, you get some people who dig what you're doing and some people that don't dig it. You're not going to please everybody.

At the same time, I take comics really seriously and I respect legacies. Instead of just saying, "Alright I'm just going to reboot Doom Patrol," I went and re-read the entire Doom Patrol. It's been important for me to respect the legacy and also take the risk to move it forward.

What sorts of themes are you hoping to touch on with the new characters and stories that you're developing?
The themes vary, obviously, because the books are so different, but a lot of it has to do with relationships between parents and children. There are a couple of situations where it's [between a] father and daughter [and] mother and daughter. Alienation seems to be a theme. How we look at fame and celebrity is a theme. These are all things that I'm kind of interested in that I'm trying to inject into these books, and being able to deal with mature themes is something that's really exciting. There are things that are pretty out there. Like with Shade, it's [dealing with] teenagers and there's drug use. So we will be dealing with mature themes, and we're still working that out. We have this playground now to play with all that stuff in, and I'm sure sure there's gonna be a lot of personal stuff for me in Doom Patrol that deals with mature themes.

[Also], there seems to be a lot about self-actualization and becoming something else. It deals with a lot of change. I feel like change is one of the biggest themes in all the books. There's a strangeness that comes with it. But change is a big thing. We're gonna put these characters through a lot.

I know you also did a bit with Marvel and Spider-Man last year, and of course you have Umbrella Academy, so I'm curious if those projects will still exist, or is DC your official home now?
It is my home, but at the same time I still have an amazing relationship with Dark Horse Comics. Umbrella Academy — so that book is coming out. I'll always love my Dark Horse family. I'm not exclusive with DC, but at the same time, I'm doing so much work right now, I can't really see doing anything else. I'm very invested in this imprint, so I'm going to devote a lot of attention to that, and I'm here for the long haul with it. I want Young Animal to be something that does stick around. I want this to be the start of a lot of different great, interesting, experimental books for DC and DCU characters and superheroes.

Is your young daughter into comic books yet?
I don't push anything too hard on my daughter, but at the same time, when we first started to show her words and reading, I did that through comics because she loved the pictures. We would get My Little Pony or Adventure Time, and I would read it out to her. Then we graduated to other superhero books and more grown-up stuff like X-Men, and I would read her Doom Patrol and things like that. One of the things we do together is read comics, when I'm not reading regular books to her. I like to read a lot to her. I've steered her towards it a little bit, but I do like her finding her own things.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
AV Club reviews WW:Earth One.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BrianWilly posted:

And unless Kyle's newfound hyper-religiousness and Spanish-fluency is some Nu52 New Guardians thing I missed, I'm gonna assume King just pulled it out of his butt.

That is something he lifted from Winnick's run (specifically from the Ion arc) where he revealed that Kyle's long lost father was a mexican guy working for the CIA.

That being said, the way King is handled this semi-retcon (New Guardians showed Kyle's father to be a mechanic with no allusion to his nationality) is slightly irritating. Kyle was never shown to be particularly religious and suddenly become like that just after recovering his mexican heritage implies King has a poor understanding of the mexican culture as whole. These days the only truly religious people around are people who grew during the 70's or earlier, as times changed religion stopped being a pillar for the average mexican. The exception to this of course, are those who were raised on small towns relatively isolated from the big cities where they haven't been so influenced by modern society.

Anyways, DC has released a colored version of the Superwoman cover and the filename identifies the character on it as Lois.

http://www.newsarama.com/28746-lois-lane-takes-flight-as-superwoman.html

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
That's not all that surprising. There have been plenty of Lois Lanes who are some version of Superwoman. I know there is a section of the internet who has been rallying for a Lois Lane led book, though with her as a reporter as opposed to a superhero. I imagine this is the best they will get of their wishes for now and getting Jimenez on it is as good as getting Rucka on Wonder Woman.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I'm betting in the next two issues of Justice League, the Crime Syndicate Superwoman/Lois Lane will become a good guy and get a more Superman-like costume. This prediction is based on :butt:.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

DT, no bullshit, please keep offering commentary on anything and everything related to Mexican history and culture in comics.

Is Lois fleeing from the Decepticon seekers...or leading them? :ohdear:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That is something he lifted from Winnick's run (specifically from the Ion arc) where he revealed that Kyle's long lost father was a mexican guy working for the CIA.

That being said, the way King is handled this semi-retcon (New Guardians showed Kyle's father to be a mechanic with no allusion to his nationality) is slightly irritating. Kyle was never shown to be particularly religious and suddenly become like that just after recovering his mexican heritage implies King has a poor understanding of the mexican culture as whole. These days the only truly religious people around are people who grew during the 70's or earlier, as times changed religion stopped being a pillar for the average mexican. The exception to this of course, are those who were raised on small towns relatively isolated from the big cities where they haven't been so influenced by modern society.

Thanks for the insight, this is actually really interesting. (Both as someone with only a passing familiarity with the GL books, and even less familiarity with mexican history & culture.)

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah, I was trying to stop just short of saying "Not My Kyle Rayner," but...that's what it is, basically. This ain't any Kyle I know.

I think my break point is that they spent ten whole issues building and leading up to Kyle getting his ring back, and now that he has it back it's completely weaksauce and doesn't even do anything that simple blasters and blades can't do anyway. Even the greenest Lanterns haha get it should be able to wipe the floor with any army with any ring, and Kyle's got the most powerful of them all, but now he's all uuueehggh I gotta rest eughghggh this is so haaaaard. It's frustrating.

His new suit is pretty great though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Squizzle posted:

DT, no bullshit, please keep offering commentary on anything and everything related to Mexican history and culture in comics.

Genetic Toaster posted:

Thanks for the insight, this is actually really interesting. (Both as someone with only a passing familiarity with the GL books, and even less familiarity with mexican history & culture.)

Glad you guys found my ramblings informative :v:

I don't mind when people takes artistic liberties when depicting Mexico or its culture but it really puts me in a bad mood when they try (openly or implicitly)to pass off those liberties as a proper depiction of my country and its people.

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah, I was trying to stop just short of saying "Not My Kyle Rayner," but...that's what it is, basically. This ain't any Kyle I know.

I think my break point is that they spent ten whole issues building and leading up to Kyle getting his ring back, and now that he has it back it's completely weaksauce and doesn't even do anything that simple blasters and blades can't do anyway. Even the greenest Lanterns haha get it should be able to wipe the floor with any army with any ring, and Kyle's got the most powerful of them all, but now he's all uuueehggh I gotta rest eughghggh this is so haaaaard. It's frustrating.

I bailed from the book after the third issue but it was hard to ignore how Kyle was so incompetent to allow most of the plot to happen. I mean, I understand as White Lantern Kyle is pretty OP but I'm sure there are better ways to handle it than making Kyle hog the idiot ball all the time.

Anyways the preview for RH/A 11 has been released and goddamn, Roy looks loving awesome here

I will miss Roy and Jason working together, they have such a great chemistry. At least the new outlaws will have a good artist. :unsmith:

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

There's some of his Irish mother's influence in that Catholicism too, apparently.

(I haven't read early Kyle and apologize if there's an explanation that nullifies that link)

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Anyways the preview for RH/A 11 has been released and goddamn, Roy looks loving awesome here
Why is Speedy wearing a baseball cap?

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Whoa apparently this happened yesterday and I missed it. Gerard Way Doom Patrol is now OFFICIAL along with a whole new line of Mature reader books curated by Gerard Way. Is this part of Vertigo or replacing it?

quote:

DOOM PATROL – This September, in the spirit of Grant Morrison's legendary run on the series, along with other classic incarnations of the characters, writer Gerard Way and artist Nick Derington will put their unique stamp on the world's strangest heroes taking on the universe's strangest villains.

SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL – An alien takes over the body of a 16-year-old bully and must face the challenges of being a stranger in a foreign land, plus the consequences of a life she didn't live. Star Wars’ Moving Target writer Cecil Castellucci and artist Marley Zarcone explore themes of madness, alienation, and the bizarre in this sci-fi thriller, with covers by Becky Cloonan. The new series hits shelves in October.

CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE – Writers Gerard Way and Jon Rivera, along with artist Michael Avon Oeming take readers on a strange adventure with DC Comics’ Silver Age character Cave Carson, his cybernetic eye and his college–age daughter as they travel to dark places deep in the earth and mind. Catch this new series in October.

MOTHER PANIC – Meet Violet Paige, a celebrity heiress by day and brutal vigilante by night as she takes on the underbelly of Gotham City’s high society. Hitting shelves in November, the series is written by Gerard Way and Jody Houser with art by Tommy Lee Edwards.

"I am thrilled to help bring DC’s Young Animal to life, having been raised on experimental 80s and 90s takes on superheroes. I see Young Animal as a place to try new ideas- following the spirit of those books from the past but bring them somewhere else," explains Way. "I see it as an imprint where we can explore fine art, bold concepts, mature themes, and strangeness- with lots of heart."

Now DC's speaking my language

Alucard Nacirema fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 9, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It's posted twice on the last page dude

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I will miss Roy and Jason working together, they have such a great chemistry. At least the new outlaws will have a good artist. :unsmith:

this bit made me do something between a barking laugh and an allergic reaction

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Picklepuss posted:

Why is Speedy wearing a baseball cap?

It's his #brand.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

HitTheTargets posted:

It's his #brand.
Is he back on heroin? He looks like trailer trash.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Picklepuss posted:

Is he back on heroin? He looks like trailer trash.

In Titans he's an alcoholic again. I don't think Lobdell has implied he is in the Lobdell-verse but then again that hat is a sign something has gone horribly wrong in Roy's life.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

TwoPair posted:

It's posted twice on the last page dude

Sorry. But you have to admit its really exciting!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Dan's never going to stop trying to revive Kirby stuff, no mater how little it sells. If you're gonna concede admiration for the guy over anything, it should be that.

That's one of the best, raddest things about DiDio. The fella has some sort of commitment to keeping DC's non-superhero/ancillary properties alive. I don't think we'd have gotten the multiple war/soldier series in the new 52, Dial H, a bunch of loving Metal Men projects, Swamp Thing, a long-rear end run of Jonah Hex, Prez, Omega Men, and a whole raft of other interesting comics if not for DiDio steering the DC ship.

I dislike a lot of what I think DiDio's management has done and continues to do, but his love of DC's weird concept katamari endears him to me as a comics-person.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrProsek posted:

In Titans he's an alcoholic again. I don't think Lobdell has implied he is in the Lobdell-verse but then again that hat is a sign something has gone horribly wrong in Roy's life.

Roy has been an alcoholic since the start of the N52.

In fact, Killer Croc is his AA sponsor

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Roy has been an alcoholic since the start of the N52.

In fact, Killer Croc is his AA sponsor

My bad; in Titans he's actively drinking again, in RHaA, he's a recovering alcoholic. I know he's been a alcoholic for a while now (apparently since the start of N52), but when I said "he's an alcoholic again" I meant he's drinking again in Titans (which is inaccurate since a recovering alcoholic can still be called "an alcoholic").

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrProsek posted:

My bad; in Titans he's actively drinking again, in RHaA, he's a recovering alcoholic. I know he's been a alcoholic for a while now (apparently since the start of N52), but when I said "he's an alcoholic again" I meant he's drinking again in Titans (which is inaccurate since a recovering alcoholic can still be called "an alcoholic").

Yeah, Roy drinking again on Titan's Hunt is one of the things it killed my interest on the series. For five years Lobdell has written Roy as someone that while still struggling with the temptation still has enough will to remain sober.

On Titan's Hunt not only Roy's will is trashed, it also feels like Abnett just did it for cheap drama.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Killer Croc really gets around in the new 52.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah, Roy drinking again on Titan's Hunt is one of the things it killed my interest on the series. For five years Lobdell has written Roy as someone that while still struggling with the temptation still has enough will to remain sober.

On Titan's Hunt not only Roy's will is trashed, it also feels like Abnett just did it for cheap drama.

If someone thinks that a person can stay sober on just willpower alone they really do not understand alcoholism or have a very very bad view of it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hope Larson, future Batgirl writer has a new comic out this week with a Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy preview in it. Just thought you might like to know!

http://www.newsarama.com/28754-goldie-vance-gets-her-first-chance-in-1-preview.html

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Squizzle posted:

That's one of the best, raddest things about DiDio. The fella has some sort of commitment to keeping DC's non-superhero/ancillary properties alive. I don't think we'd have gotten the multiple war/soldier series in the new 52, Dial H, a bunch of loving Metal Men projects, Swamp Thing, a long-rear end run of Jonah Hex, Prez, Omega Men, and a whole raft of other interesting comics if not for DiDio steering the DC ship. I dislike a lot of what I think DiDio's management has done and continues to do, but his love of DC's weird concept katamari endears him to me as a comics-person.
The cynic in me says that he's doing that a) because he is struggling to find a breakout hit and b) someone's got to try to make use of those trademarks and IP. Didio is absolutely willing to "try stuff", it's just that outside of Jonah Hex for some reason (possibly because again, his close friend of 20+ years he broke into the business with was writing it) Jonah Hex is the only one of these projects that seemed to last much more than a year. There's also a difference between loving old properties and wanting to do right by them and basically going "awww gently caress I guess we need to do a GI Zombie story? Someone use that name and come up with a GI Zombie story. Whatever. We'll publish it for six issues and then replace it with *flips through pages* Forever People, I guess?"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm sure nobody was expecting GI Zombie to hit and last very long. Maybe get a bit more cult acclaim than it did.
I dunno who would flippantly put Scott Hampton on a comic.

It was a good book!
e: and lasted nine issues :cool:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 9, 2016

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

It was also written by Didio's old running buddy, and like Jonah Hex it got some really nice artists. Maybe Palmiotti is just a super cool dude to work with, or maybe another sign of dubious management on the part of Didio and co is that they throw money at Cooke/Hampton/Bernet/Garica-Lopez/Noto/etc. to draw underperforming/underpromoted fringe books?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Also this seems like a strange generalization to make when like half a million people turned out in Mexico City to see the Pope. Were they all isolated small towners? All old people? Mass hallucination? Hipsters in it for the Pope fame but not actually religious?

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 9, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I need the Hickman on JLA rumors to be true.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Edge & Christian posted:

The cynic in me says that he's doing that a) because he is struggling to find a breakout hit and b) someone's got to try to make use of those trademarks and IP. Didio is absolutely willing to "try stuff", it's just that outside of Jonah Hex for some reason (possibly because again, his close friend of 20+ years he broke into the business with was writing it) Jonah Hex is the only one of these projects that seemed to last much more than a year. There's also a difference between loving old properties and wanting to do right by them and basically going "awww gently caress I guess we need to do a GI Zombie story? Someone use that name and come up with a GI Zombie story. Whatever. We'll publish it for six issues and then replace it with *flips through pages* Forever People, I guess?"

Didn't he write or co write Forever People? He's also written OMAC and the Metal Men. Going by what he puts his name on, Dan has some good taste.

Also, I have to say that Wonder Woman Earth One was wonderful. Absolutely gorgeous.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've recently heard that DiDio is apparently disliked by Transformers fans. Is that true? If so, why?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've recently heard that DiDio is apparently disliked by Transformers fans. Is that true? If so, why?

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dan_didio

Would seem to answer it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, I didn't think to check the TFWiki. :D

That doesn't seem so bad. I like the caption on the photo.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Die Laughing posted:

idn't he write or co write Forever People? He's also written OMAC and the Metal Men. Going by what he puts his name on, Dan has some good taste.
Too bad all of those were pretty much terrible, and in the case of Wednesday Comics another case of "hey I want to work with a really cool artist, and since I'm the boss GUESS WHAT?" I'm not really sure why anyone who is into these marginal properties would be into someone reviving them in order to do a bad new take on them. I suppose it beats a world where DC just lets their trademarks lapse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Edge & Christian posted:

Also this seems like a strange generalization to make when like half a million people turned out in Mexico City to see the Pope. Were they all isolated small towners? All old people? Mass hallucination? Hipsters in it for the Pope fame but not actually religious?

Old people is the majority of the population in the country for a significant margin. And while Francisco got a lot of people, is a lot less of what Juan Pablo II gathered back then.