Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i dont know what any of that means but it sounds funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

If the parts that Mittani quoted are the most damning ones he could come up with

The mastermind of their whole coalition goes on and on about 40 razor supers and then lawn and bastion supers and how they need to get set up to hyperdunk those and co2 has some intel and things they can do, yet I just listened to jeffraider and other awkward nerds insist there was never any trap.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

i dont know what any of that means but it sounds funny

This is literally guys on skype and cellphone at work, in meetings, on the shitter, spending hours and hours of their lives neglecting their families in real life plotting the demise of our videogame guild.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

crew posted:

This is literally guys on skype and cellphone at work, in meetings, on the shitter, spending hours and hours of their lives neglecting their families in real life plotting the demise of our videogame guild.

that is pretty funny

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

crew posted:

Not sure we get to take the moral highground when it comes to sperging about fake spaceship organizational work.

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

crew posted:

EVE is real.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
still funny tho

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

crew posted:

The mastermind of their whole coalition goes on and on about 40 razor supers and then lawn and bastion supers and how they need to get set up to hyperdunk those and co2 has some intel and things they can do, yet I just listened to jeffraider and other awkward nerds insist there was never any trap.

Everyone knows that there was a trap. To be honest, I would be disappointed by PL/NC. if they would have passed up on the chance to deal a crippling blow through betrayal.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

crew posted:

You're implying they have families.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

crew posted:

don't think there aren't cfc people who haven't been doing that as well

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
10k dps isn't going to do poo poo in a capital fight

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

Everyone knows that there was a trap. To be honest, I would be disappointed by PL/NC. if they would have passed up on the chance to deal a crippling blow through betrayal.

Yeah tbh if the super trap had worked I'd be pretty impressed. Goons are no strangers to skullduggery and it'd be poetic if the empire that arose through underhanded trickery were to fall to underhanded trickery.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

don't think there aren't cfc people who haven't been doing that as well

Which is what makes this game unique and also retarded at the same time in that 50% and for some, 100% of the 'gameplay' doesnt even involve the client.

Alzion
Dec 31, 2006
Technically a '06

Landsknecht posted:

Goonfleet 2016: our allies losing supers is a good thing

Death to all supers :colbert:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Alzion posted:

Death to all supers :colbert:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I murdered my supers by ripping all the sp out. :black101:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

crew posted:

Which is what makes this game unique and also retarded at the same time in that 50% and for some, 100% of the 'gameplay' doesnt even involve the client.

which isn't a good thing, because if eve was a good game there'd be a lot more people around

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
IF you think super capitals are op or broke you are going to love the next patch. A month from now we will all be playing super carriers online.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what game are you guys going to play next

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

I for one am excited for Legion not Legion to come out, the EVE MMOFPS.

It will be a lot like Planetside 2 I think, but hopefully better than Planetside 2.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Magres posted:

Yeah tbh if the super trap had worked I'd be pretty impressed. Goons are no strangers to skullduggery and it'd be poetic if the empire that arose through underhanded trickery were to fall to underhanded trickery.

Did you reread the Caro thread and remember what an amazing and underused word skullduggery is too?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

Star Citizen

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Syndic Thrass posted:

Did you reread the Caro thread and remember what an amazing and underused word skullduggery is too?

A great word doesn't make something sinister sound childish.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

ullerrm posted:

The panic overrides the part of them that should normally make them take the typical care, and they ignore the advice of our super cap FCs and die.

They never listen to my orders, man.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Despera posted:

APPARENTLY IT DOES MOTHER FUCKER

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

I for one am excited for Legion not Legion to come out, the EVE MMOFPS.

It will be a lot like Planetside 2 I think, but hopefully better than Planetside 2.

A big trouble Planetside (both 1 and 2) run into is that they try to do big sprawling continents that have enough room for hundreds and hundreds of people to fight on. Except there's little/no point to doing anything other than packing as many people as possible into the primary point of contest so you wind up with these godawful overly crowded fights because there's a thousand people fighting over a base designed to support a fight of like 200 tops. If Legion not Legion can do massive scale battles and solve the problem of players inevitably trying to pack way too many people into a point of conflict, they'll have a great game on their hands.

I have absolutely no idea how you discourage people from overcrowding without some weird instancing system or just hamfistedly not letting more people into an area though :(

(the other problem with Planetside 2 is that there's 4 continents, where Planetside 1 had 10 of them, plus a rotation of caves, so PS1 had a metagame to the fight where PS2 has none)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Syndic Thrass posted:

Nah, I just legit love the word skullduggery.

Despera posted:

No that's exactly what it does. The word is devious and underhanded because it makes your treachery sound childish. Using the word skullduggery to describe your shady activities is itself a form of skullduggery.

It's perfect.

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 9, 2016

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Magres posted:

A big trouble Planetside (both 1 and 2) run into is that they try to do big sprawling continents that have enough room for hundreds and hundreds of people to fight on. Except there's little/no point to doing anything other than packing as many people as possible into the primary point of contest so you wind up with these godawful overly crowded fights

Sounds like they need some entosis loving

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

welp, RIP Kimsemus

Also lol at the contention that all of the dumb FCON titan losses are METICULOUSLY planned hunting operations and not just idiots being dumb in an environment that is supremely aware of and hostile to dumb idiots at the moment.

Welcome home kimsemus!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so is that eve fps even remotely close to being a thing or do people not know

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

Goonfleet 2016: our allies losing supers is a good thing

I think supercaps are stupid as hell and the only good supercap is a dead supercap.

Namaste.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
yeah having ships that cost like thousands of dollars of isk and are ultra mega weapons that like a half a percent of your game will ever touch is kinda dumb and bad design

can you still do really stupid stuff with a cloaky proteus with blasters, my eve pvp dream was always to play a cloaking blaster proteus and dunk people ratting, and these days i have the money to pay a sub and let an account just accrue SP until i can fly the ship i want

Alunan
May 27, 2008
Someone told me Supers wont suck anymore in a few weeks but I have no idea if that is true.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Alunan posted:

Someone told me Supers wont suck anymore in a few weeks but I have no idea if that is true.

Did supers ever suck?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Supers were cool when it took an entire Alliance worth of resources to build one and there were like 4 in the entire game. Like Jedi in SWG.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Alunan posted:

They'll be able to one shot anything that's not a moving interceptor.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Despera posted:

They'll be able to one shot anything that's not a moving interceptor.

How does CCP justify this as a good thing?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
depending on how often they can one shot things it forces teamwork to bring down a greater foe, and (from my outside perspective looking in) titans currently seem like theyre basically giant killmail pinatas instead of things to remotely fear

that said given how many titans there are in the game you'd need an unfieldable number of pilots in subcaps to kill a supercap fleet and its dumb that it sounds like theyre making eve into 'who has more supercaps, k you win'

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They nerfed their health a little! So now you might use them in lose them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Presumably because they'll be easier to kill too, but we'll see how it shakes out.

Magres posted:

that said given how many titans there are in the game you'd need an unfieldable number of pilots in subcaps to kill a supercap fleet and its dumb that it sounds like theyre making eve into 'who has more supercaps, k you win'

When was the last time it wasn't like this though? At least without unbreakable spider tanks it might be like this in a more interesting way.

• Locked thread