Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Despera posted:

It's a game bra, you win some you lose some.

pubbies treating this as The Final War To End The Goon Menace continues to be my favorite thing about all of it

like even if the imperium losses horribly and collapses, goons will still play and will still make pubbies cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Landsknecht posted:

i thought mittani said that CFC can't lose as long as they ~deny fights~

ya i guess you can't lose fights you aren't in

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
goons never die

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ya i guess you can't lose fights you aren't in

man who only ganks trying to talk about asymmetric warfare smh S M H GLOBBY

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

vyst posted:

I just wanted to let everyone know the Jason Statham LG G5 commercial has techno leekspin as the background music. I'm on mobile or I'd embed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOpsnNf9Wj0

fc how do I embed?

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

Magres posted:

pubbies treating this as The Final War To End The Goon Menace continues to be my favorite thing about all of it

like even if the imperium losses horribly and collapses, goons will still play and will still make pubbies cry

This is my favorite thing. If somehow goons lose all their sov I'm sure they will continue to be a thorn in the side of of the rest of the community for years to come. Just gotta find a new home.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
miniluv 24/7

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

goons fly together

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
there are no goons

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

Foehammer007 posted:

miniluv 24/7

:getin:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Magres posted:

While it may be very GoT-cliche-y to use the term "summer children", it's not wrong. A lot of these chucklefucks currently on the gently caress IMPERIUM-bandwagon have never actually fought a protracted war.

They'll learn, after we've broken their wills.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Can PL really put 300 supers into the field at once? Not just caps but supers? Jesus loving Christ this game is dumb.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can PL really put 300 supers into the field at once? Not just caps but supers? Jesus loving Christ this game is dumb.

Yeah, supers have proliferated pretty quickly in the last year or two. It's pretty loving silly.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xenothral posted:

Yeah, supers have proliferated pretty quickly in the last year or two. It's pretty loving silly.

This is basically the reason why CCP is letting them dock and possibly making them cheaper.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

One of these days I'm going to figure out why people pine for Syndicate all the time because it's always been kind of a shithole since I joined eve.

I'm not an OG so my opinion is just based on what I know of MMO players in general; it's probably the same dumbass thinking that tryhards in wow have that leads them to get mad about quality of life improvements like multiple raiding tiers, flying mounts, and so on. "My life was terrible back then, but we LIKED walking uphill both ways to raid in Blackrock Mountain, the game was so much better then when you had [positive attribute] and [people I like], not like today with [negative attribute] and [people I dislike]." Nevermind the fact that you wouldn't actually enjoy a trip through the wayback machine, and your (space) guild would fall apart if you did somehow take everyone back in time to when poo poo sucked. It's the same thinking behind old people talking about the "Good Old Days" of the cold war, of legal, institutional racism, and women knowing "their place". poo poo sucked, but dude has fond memories of it which (for him) make the entire rest of the poo poo sandwich imaginarily better than it ever was.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Nietzschean posted:

I'm not an OG so my opinion is just based on what I know of MMO players in general; it's probably the same dumbass thinking that tryhards in wow have that leads them to get mad about quality of life improvements like multiple raiding tiers, flying mounts, and so on. "My life was terrible back then, but we LIKED walking uphill both ways to raid in Blackrock Mountain, the game was so much better then when you had [positive attribute] and [people I like], not like today with [negative attribute] and [people I dislike]." Nevermind the fact that you wouldn't actually enjoy a trip through the wayback machine, and your (space) guild would fall apart if you did somehow take everyone back in time to when poo poo sucked. It's the same thinking behind old people talking about the "Good Old Days" of the cold war, of legal, institutional racism, and women knowing "their place". poo poo sucked, but dude has fond memories of it which (for him) make the entire rest of the poo poo sandwich imaginarily better than it ever was.

You telling me BC wasn't the greatest expansion ever?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Xenothral posted:

only allow 1 super in a system at a time and let all the big alliances cry forever

they really are pretty dumb

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Cygni posted:

only allow 1 super in a system at a time and let all the big alliances cry forever

supers are a cool idea but a dumb idea

I think everyone who played pre-dominion has terrible memories of going like 50 jumps only to be DD'd in the fist 5 min of a fight

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Cygni posted:

Venom Snake posted:

This is basically the reason why CCP is letting them dock and possibly making them cheaper.

It was a lot cooler when someone losing a super was news, because they didn't just get thrown into every engagement in the game. I miss that.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Syndicate was fun because it was a simpler time. Everyone flew cruisers and got sniped by and chased around t1 tempests.

Unfortunately going back to simpler times means making GBS threads in outhouses and slaughtering your own animals.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

supers are a cool idea but a dumb idea

I think everyone who played pre-dominion has terrible memories of going like 50 jumps only to be DD'd in the fist 5 min of a fight

That was Delve War 1 in a nut shell.

It was soooo obvious that over proliferation of super caps was going to become a serious problem when GSF and Allies got 14 Titans together to DD a carrier to celebrate victory in Delve War 2. And CCP did nothing except remove AoE DDs. Which they are now bringing back for some loving reason.

CCP is a bad company.

Edit: I'm really not sure what the solution could even be at this point. Any type of balance that's not absolutely extreme will just be figured out and subverted eventually. Limits to how many Supers can be in one alliance or in one system or whatever will just make things even more of a mess. So basically you need something extreme like if you lose a Super that particular character can never fly one again, or has to retrain all capital skills from 0 without skill injectors or something like that.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 10, 2016

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And CCP did nothing except remove AoE DDs. Which they are now bringing back for some loving reason.

:eyepop:

what?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Yeah I think the tracking titans being brought back will be a good idea, but the AOE is ridiculous and broken.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Foehammer007 posted:

goons never die

Caro is our spirit animal.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

more mittani logs, lawdy.

i just really like this one. while trying to get rus to agree to attack cfc:

quote:

2016-02-26 17:05:37 boson.dubstep Do you read reddit?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

dragonstalking posted:

Yeah I think the tracking titans being brought back will be a good idea, but the AOE is ridiculous and broken.

the good thing or bad thing (depending on which side you are on) about tracking titans is that they're really hard to kill, and they'll usually win

like back in 2011 GSF's big move to start pumping out supers like crazy was driven by the realization that the only counter to PL's blap titans was more titans/supers

nullsec will really suck for anyone who doesn't have titans if tracking titans and semi-aoe DDs are a thing again

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

the good thing or bad thing (depending on which side you are on) about tracking titans is that they're really hard to kill, and they'll usually win

like back in 2011 GSF's big move to start pumping out supers like crazy was driven by the realization that the only counter to PL's blap titans was more titans/supers

nullsec will really suck for anyone who doesn't have titans if tracking titans and semi-aoe DDs are a thing again

So is CCP knowingly trying to kill nullsec so that PVE becomes a larger priority or something? Because I can see no other explanation. Sure they'll keep the whales with supers and alt accounts happy by as nullsec slowly dies around them theyll unsub eventually too.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xenothral posted:

It was a lot cooler when someone losing a super was news, because they didn't just get thrown into every engagement in the game. I miss that.

Actually the problem is now that nobody ever uses them except PL so they are trying to encourage people to actually use them more by making them die easier but be easier to handle and replace.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I wouldn't call sickle and Lance aoe doomsdays even if they are. They are a bitch to aim and have a 2.5m radius.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Landsknecht posted:

No worries friend, you can just buy Aurum, get the SPs you need, cash in some plex and buy your titan! Hell, I expect to see the Titaneer starter pack available on Amazon within the year. Only $299.99.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You guys have been mass building these things for 2 years now, you almost certainly have more.

The problem is that, for whatever reason, when this war started the Imperium never got their supers active and never consolidated them. Most are in Saranen or 93PI (which is now reinforced lol), but there are some in Vale lowsec, and a ton just smeared across the North from Tenal to Fade. These FCON guys are dying because they stayed in Branch to defend, lost, and now are trying their hardest to get to Saranen.

At this point IWI could completely cut funding and nothing would change. A lot of people aren't even involved to ~Kill Goon~. They're here just like they all went to Catch to farm Brave a year ago - easy targets and lots of content. Deklein/Fade/Pure Blind have become the best stocked hunting grounds in EVE.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

So how does ccp justify this accumulation of power amongst those who've been playing for loving ever?
As someone thinking about playing this game these last few pages about super caps turn me right off

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

4th Horseman posted:

So how does ccp justify this accumulation of power amongst those who've been playing for loving ever?
As someone thinking about playing this game these last few pages about super caps turn me right off

Dirty Sanchez posted:

No worries friend, you can just buy Aurum, get the SPs you need, cash in some plex and buy your titan! Hell, I expect to see the Titaneer starter pack available on Amazon within the year. Only $299.99.

basically CCP wants you to RMT like $2500 USD of isk so you can play with the big boys

edit: but CCP-RMT of plex and aur wooot

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dragonstalking posted:

Yeah I think the tracking titans being brought back will be a good idea

look at this and know the enemy (one too poor to have his own, at that)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

How tilted is manny that some german dude named killah bee is the CC for this and not him

Not at all really.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Love to see the support tickets if that happened

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Despera posted:

Love to see the support tickets if that happened

if CCP is dumb enough to explicitly implement p2w then they'll probably lose a lot of the "content creators" who are the only reason this game is worth playing

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Guessing gsf thinks it might have enough supers for pln3 but the rest of the galaxy maybe not so much.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LegoMan posted:

Unfortunately going back to simpler times means making GBS threads in outhouses and slaughtering your own animals.

Just because syndicate doesn't get :goonrush: numbers in fleets don't mean we poo poo in anything but the finest porcelain, thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
(God this game is still retarded after seven loving years, and I'm glad that I'm literally never paying for it ever again)

• Locked thread