Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

My god, it's... it's beautiful!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I love these like you don't know. Are there more in the series?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I love these like you don't know. Are there more in the series?

Yeah, but they're just portraits and they're not that funny.

http://petapixel.com/2015/10/22/these-portraits-of-auto-mechanics-are-a-homage-to-renaissance-paintings/

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know where I should post this so here's as good as anywhere.

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o5d37ld9cE1r3uvu0.mp4#_=_

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know where I should post this so here's as good as anywhere.

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o5d37ld9cE1r3uvu0.mp4#_=_

Isn't that much excitement illegal in golf?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read a bunch of Dell Yearling books in elementary school. My mom didn't have a lot of money, so at book fair time, I'd get the bag stuffed with like 5 random books to read.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Is skipping a golf ball across the water a common technique, or is this guy just the new bad boy of golf?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

life is a joke posted:

Is skipping a golf ball across the water a common technique, or is this guy just the new bad boy of golf?

Nah, he either doinked it or he was far enough down the leaderboard he just went "what the hell, why not?"

Today during the Masters Tournament, there were two holes-in-one (if you want to see a crowd lose its mind) on 16. That makes number 16 and 17 total in Master's history (82 years).

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1698924/797557

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1699116/797676

EDIT: Wrong video link.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Apr 10, 2016

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

life is a joke posted:

It was Vijay Singh during a warmup round some while back.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Its a macro/meme but I'm gonna post this because it's closer to funny picture than it is to a golf derail

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

flosofl posted:

Nah, he either doinked it or he was far enough down the leaderboard he just went "what the hell, why not?"

Today during the Masters Tournament, there were two holes-in-one (if you want to see a crowd lose its mind) on 16. That makes number 16 and 17 total in Master's history (82 years).

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1699116/797676

EDIT: Wrong video link.

ha that was cool. I don't really like golf but I was pretty psyched when the second one started curving in. I like the girl behind him in the cool shades, pink/white casual outfit, bouncing up and down with a half-drank bud light. It's like they flew her in from Sox game just to party in case something exciting happened. Fun seeing that kind of energy at an event I assume is super boring.

Stex T posted:

It was Vijay Singh during a warmup round some while back.

"Golf Digest wrote that Singh had become "pro golf's bad guy"."

huh I huess I wasn't that far off.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

life is a joke posted:

ha that was cool. I don't really like golf but I was pretty psyched when the second one started curving in. I like the girl behind him in the cool shades, pink/white casual outfit, bouncing up and down with a half-drank bud light. It's like they flew her in from Sox game just to party in case something exciting happened. Fun seeing that kind of energy at an event I assume is super boring.

"Golf Digest wrote that Singh had become "pro golf's bad guy"."

huh I huess I wasn't that far off.

Someone just made another one at that hole. I dunno, I find it exciting because I play it quite a bit, but when I was younger, only bowling was more boring on TV to me.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

flosofl posted:

Someone just made another one at that hole. I dunno, I find it exciting because I play it quite a bit, but when I was younger, only bowling was more boring on TV to me.

Haaa awesome. Is that the 18th hole in one at the tournament ever, or were that #16 & #17 specific to that hole? Either way that's cool.

Ya my golf = boring thing comes from just seeing it as a quiet TV snoozefest. I've been invited to golf with some work buddies a few times, still haven't done it but they're a fun crew and say it's exciting so I'm inclined to believe them. They say it don't matter how good you are because it's just a way to get out the house and hang out but I'm gonna hit the driving range first. Is there a golf thread on something awful? They have a thread in the sports forum for the masters, but I don't see a playing golf one, don't have search neither.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

flosofl posted:

Watching pro-golf is watching DOTA tournaments for old people. :v:

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
https://twitter.com/TheMasters/status/719270992401412096

Louis Oosthuizen scores the 3rd hole in one on that same hole on the same day while banking it off someone else's ball.

If there was more of this in golf I would watch a bit more often.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Watching pro-golf is watching DOTA tournaments for old people. :v:

Fair enough. But the manager at Buffalo Wild Wings will turn up the volume for us.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
At least golf has different maps. Still boring though

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

At least in golf nobody wants to jungle

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

death .cab for qt posted:

At least in golf nobody wants to jungle

My dad tells a story about a small korean man who kicked his rear end at golf by doing simple straight shots directly up the fairway while he went big and hit the traps and now I have reinterpreted this anecdote as "fuckin try hards counterpicking me"

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

flosofl posted:

I hate golf, because it's boring, and it's stupid, and it sucks. It is kind of cool, though, that it's the one sport where a man with the exact physical attributes of Zach Galifianakis can be a respected and highly-paid athlete.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Centripetal Horse posted:

I hate golf, because it's boring, and it's stupid, and it sucks. It is kind of cool, though, that it's the one sport where a man with the exact physical attributes of Zach Galifianakis can be a respected and highly-paid athlete.

he's not that fat

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pretty sure this guy is from a Chris Farley movie that never got made

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Well curling too

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

bunnyofdoom posted:

Well curling too

And yet, at least in women's curling, the competitors are generally a few standard deviations above normal for "hot".

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

And yet, at least in women's curling, the competitors are generally a few standard deviations above normal for "hot".

harrrrrrdddd....

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

life is a joke posted:

Haaa awesome. Is that the 18th hole in one at the tournament ever, or were that #16 & #17 specific to that hole? Either way that's cool.

Ya my golf = boring thing comes from just seeing it as a quiet TV snoozefest. I've been invited to golf with some work buddies a few times, still haven't done it but they're a fun crew and say it's exciting so I'm inclined to believe them. They say it don't matter how good you are because it's just a way to get out the house and hang out but I'm gonna hit the driving range first. Is there a golf thread on something awful? They have a thread in the sports forum for the masters, but I don't see a playing golf one, don't have search neither.

Do it, playing golf is super fun, nice day driving about drinking beer in the sun.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

PittTheElder posted:

drinking beer

sold

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PittTheElder posted:

Do it, playing golf is super fun, nice day driving about drinking beer in the sun.

Is there any money in it for me?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

Is there any money in it for me?

If you win the caddy tournament you could get a college scholarship or a pair of socks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

A problem which is not unique to the movies. The entire Star Wars franchise has a fetish for planet killing Super Weapons.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Do you not?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Star Wars episodes I-VII: WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME, DADDY?!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Skippy McPants posted:

A problem which is not unique to the movies. The entire Star Wars franchise has a fetish for planet killing Super Weapons.

Planets are valuable. They should stop exploding planets, IMO.

You'd think eventually the evil guys would figure out some kind of space neutron bomb that would kill the pesky enemies but leave the planet itself mostly intact. Wait a few decades for the radiation to subside and you've got yourself a brand new habitable planet to colonize.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Angela Christine posted:

Planets are valuable. They should stop exploding planets, IMO.

You'd think eventually the evil guys would figure out some kind of space neutron bomb that would kill the pesky enemies but leave the planet itself mostly intact. Wait a few decades for the radiation to subside and you've got yourself a brand new habitable planet to colonize.

The Star Wars universe is kind of like the Star Trek universe in that there's no lack of inhabitable planets thanks to their speed-of-plot hyperdrive

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

PCOS Bill posted:

The Star Wars universe is kind of like the Star Trek universe in that there's no lack of inhabitable planets thanks to their speed-of-plot hyperdrive

The trade-off is you only get one climate per planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

Which makes giant planet-busting weapons pointless. Just slam a random spaceboat into a planet at the speed of light and whatever problem you had there, is not a problem anymore.

• Locked thread