Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lt. Lizard posted:

Due to blackmist being a teleporter and Twice existing, that theory is impossible to disprove even if they are at completely different places at the time, so clearly it must be true!

I'm not sold on it, but that is the fun thing about the theory; there really isn't any way to disprove it until it's confirmed or explicitly shown to be untrue; even the cop and Black Mist coming face to face wouldn't be enough, so unless something happens in this arc (which is a possibility, admittedly) we'll be stuck with that for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Specifically, cop-man and Blackmist are wearing the same shirt, tie & belt. Could be a coincidence, but we're told that there's a traitor so he's just as likely as anybody else.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Didn't someone post an image of All Might wearing the exactly same shirt tie and belt though? If its just a common fashion trend its not very convincing.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GodFish posted:

Didn't someone post an image of All Might wearing the exactly same shirt tie and belt though? If its just a common fashion trend its not very convincing.

That was me, and yeah, that seems to be the author's generic adult dress. While I actually kind of like the theory, I don't think the evidence for it is that strong. It's a possibility (I also pointed out that it'd explain how the police guy was able to possess the details of the villains hanging out inside a bar in a seemingly-abandoned building better than "this random guy told us he saw a suspicious person go into this building, and inside it there's a bar (never mind how I got in there myself to see it without being murdered by villains)" and such), but, there isn't really enough for it yet and it's impossible to disprove thanks to Black Mist and Twice's (are we sure his name isn't meant to be "Double"?) powers, so it's not the most interesting thing to discuss either. Just a fun theory that may or may not be true.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I want cop guy to just be a good cop. A large part of this series is how the heroes are working together with the police in order to stop bad guys. having the most prominent police member turn out to be a bad guy would kinda go against that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Isn't the cop guy's quirk that he knows if you're lying? So if someone says that they saw some weird looking dude walk into an abandoned building with a bar in it, he'd know if they actually saw it or not.

Also it's very unlikely they would have told Detective Cop where the secret training was when even people going to the training didn't know where it was. The traitor is most likely either one of the heroes who were overseeing the training, a Departed style plant in the students, or someone's got some sort of quirk at work on one/some/all the kids.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My theory is that there's no spy, instead it must be the work of an enemy stand.

(Much like Dio spied on the Joestars with Hermit Purple)

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Gyges posted:

Isn't the cop guy's quirk that he knows if you're lying? So if someone says that they saw some weird looking dude walk into an abandoned building with a bar in it, he'd know if they actually saw it or not.

Also it's very unlikely they would have told Detective Cop where the secret training was when even people going to the training didn't know where it was. The traitor is most likely either one of the heroes who were overseeing the training, a Departed style plant in the students, or someone's got some sort of quirk at work on one/some/all the kids.

The big rock villain we haven't seen yet could be related to kouda, but that's a long shot. Police man guy is basically the only theory with a shred of evidence. We'll find out soon anyway.
Blackmist has the qualities to become the second in command anyway, with a quirk like that.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
The traitor is totally Tsuyu snake friend who knows where the class was because we see in Tsuyu's special chapter that she keeps in touch with her with her phone and in the chapter where the teachers are talking about the traitor one teacher mentions the fact that someone might have also discover where the students are by tracking a student phone.

Or Tsuyu might simply have told her.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gyges posted:

Apparently that was a mistranslation, he's actually Quirkless.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What if the Villains have someone who can see the future? It would be like Hunter x Hunter when the Spider gang had that power.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

IceBorg posted:

The traitor is totally Tsuyu snake friend who knows where the class was because we see in Tsuyu's special chapter that she keeps in touch with her with her phone and in the chapter where the teachers are talking about the traitor one teacher mentions the fact that someone might have also discover where the students are by tracking a student phone.

Or Tsuyu might simply have told her.

How dare you question the true friendship of a snake girl and her frog girl bff?

You're a monster.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Thankfully, since we know the students themselves weren't aware of the change in plans, Tsuyu couldn't have leaked the info to snake friend, who remains pure and good and who honestly has a pretty powerful quirk for heroing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RatHat posted:

Twice's quirk is ridiculous so it probably has some major restrictions. Like it probably has a range limit.

Actually, I don't think it could be a Twice duplicate. From what little we know, they don't seem to be autonomous. When Dabu was using the duplicate, it seemed more like he was piloting it. I would not be surprised if the drawback is simply that the original can't do much or anything while the duplicate is active.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wild Horses posted:

The big rock villain we haven't seen yet could be related to kouda, but that's a long shot. Police man guy is basically the only theory with a shred of evidence. We'll find out soon anyway.
Blackmist has the qualities to become the second in command anyway, with a quirk like that.

There is no shred of evidence that he is anything but a cop and All Might's trusted friend. He didn't know the specifics about the training camp and is not particularly related to yuuei. A detective wearing a suit is only evidence of a detective wearing a suit.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mulderman posted:

I want cop guy to just be a good cop. A large part of this series is how the heroes are working together with the police in order to stop bad guys. having the most prominent police member turn out to be a bad guy would kinda go against that.

That and he's as far as I can remember the only regular guy working with the heroes, so it would be a shame to turn him into a villain and lose that.

I feel like MHA is a lot more straightforward than some of the folks reading it want to be so some of the theories that spring up trying to give it plot twists or grimdark turns are off the mark just for how off-tone and out of character they are.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

That and he's as far as I can remember the only regular guy working with the heroes, so it would be a shame to turn him into a villain and lose that.

I feel like MHA is a lot more straightforward than some of the folks reading it want to be so some of the theories that spring up trying to give it plot twists or grimdark turns are off the mark just for how off-tone and out of character they are.

The thing here is that we now know there's a spy, so all that's left is to speculate about who it is.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

There is no shred of evidence that he is anything but a cop and All Might's trusted friend. He didn't know the specifics about the training camp and is not particularly related to yuuei. A detective wearing a suit is only evidence of a detective wearing a suit.

True, there's 100% an informant inside yuuei if we rule out a scrying quirk. But cop guy is shifty af, my bet is that that's the ace in the hole for the big bad to deal with all might

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roland Jones posted:

Twice's (are we sure his name isn't meant to be "Double"?)

It's Twice. Dabi straight up says his name and you read it as Twice. It's the same with Muscular and Mr Compress.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wild Horses posted:

True, there's 100% an informant inside yuuei if we rule out a scrying quirk. But cop guy is shifty af, my bet is that that's the ace in the hole for the big bad to deal with all might

Scrying, or maybe just normal spying. We've seen a bunch of people with very effective stealth quirks and a teleporter provides endless chances at placing surveillance equipment.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Maybe Hagakure has an evil sister/brother.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh right, the big reason why the detective isn't secretly a villain is that none of the villains are aware of All Might's limited operation time. They came in believing All Might was weaker, because that had been demonstrated publicly and he has been much less active lately. But they had no idea that if they could stall him for long enough he would deflate and become helpless. The same reason works for all of the yuuei staff as well. I don't really think there is a traitor, but if there is it would have to be a student.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Yeah but at the same time, Shigaraki really doesn't get much help from All for One, it's more like he's letting him work and work but ultimately fail, because he will grow more that way.
Shigaraki doesn't really know anything except that All Might grows weaker.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wild Horses posted:

Yeah but at the same time, Shigaraki really doesn't get much help from All for One, it's more like he's letting him work and work but ultimately fail, because he will grow more that way.
Shigaraki doesn't really know anything except that All Might grows weaker.

But that assumes without any evidence that the mole exists, works directly for a41, and is not in contact with Shigaraki. The yuuei stuff is all Shigaraki. There has been no indication that a41 cares about the school at all.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

yeah sorry i'm unclear. It was my argument for Detective-san's guilt. But there's no real evidence for it one way or the other.

Blackmist is there in any case to stop Shigaraki from spiraling out of control and pushing every prospect away with his crazy antics,
that he's an agent appointed by AFO makes some sense at least.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Blackmist is definitely on a different level than the other guys the Villain Alliance has managed to assemble thus far. He's the most cool-headed, the one who salvages the situation when things go sour, and basically Shigaraki's babysitter.

It's be super traditional as far as shounen serials go, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn Shigaraki's basement clubhouse is basically just the bottom rung feeding tank of All For One's somewhat loftier, larger criminal enterprise, and Blackmist's the guy who decides who filters up through the ranks and who doesn't.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
They definitely have a good setup here. I dunno what the hell is gonna go down. The group that's attacking the presumed clubhouse is basically a murderer's row of the top ranked heroes that the leftovers of the strike force shouldn't stand a chance against.

I imagine they found the right place but wow, the villain's pseudo main hideout being discovered because a bystander just happened to notice Dabi entering it once is certainly anti-climatic. That's basically how a real investigation goes however. :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The traitor is actually a character invisible to everyone. Even you the reader.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
What if we're all the traitor?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
welp, time to execute the thread

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I went back and checked a41's first appearance and it seems like I got some things wrong. He mentioned that he had a super regeneration quirk and that it was useless because he got it after his wounds had healed. In other words, it only repaired immediate damage and not old wounds. So, he isn't actually recovering right now. He sits around and occasionally makes noumus because that is all he is currently capable of. He also said some ambiguous stuff that might mean he plans to bodyjack Shigaraki, but I'm reserving judgment on that.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Serious Frolicking posted:

I went back and checked a41's first appearance and it seems like I got some things wrong. He mentioned that he had a super regeneration quirk and that it was useless because he got it after his wounds had healed. In other words, it only repaired immediate damage and not old wounds. So, he isn't actually recovering right now. He sits around and occasionally makes noumus because that is all he is currently capable of. He also said some ambiguous stuff that might mean he plans to bodyjack Shigaraki, but I'm reserving judgment on that.

Nobody is Sasuke so I'm hoping no one is Orochimaru.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stallion Cabana posted:

Nobody is Sasuke so I'm hoping no one is Orochimaru.

A man who utterly escaped karma despite his horrible crimes.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Eh if they punished orochimaru they'd all have to take a look at the horrible crimes they'd all done.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

A man who utterly escaped karma despite his horrible crimes.
I like that he's basically treated like wacky ol' uncle orochimaru.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Battle for All character promos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge_siL6DabQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPBLqqb8Yto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJlDPM8Cn8U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LcSV8qDygI

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Waffleman_ posted:

Not Mina Ashido.

:getout:

:(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The game's coming out next month. Plenty of time for a Mina promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So from that, confirmed playable characters:

Deku
Bakugou
Ochako
Iida
Todoroki
Tsuyu
Kirishima
Jirou (!)

And I think we can assume Grapes will be playable as well. Tokoyami showing up as an assist actually makes me think that being an assist doesn't preclude people from being full characters, because I'd be really surprised if they didn't make him fully playable.