Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox

Magres posted:

why would you tell crimewave about the good thread

why would you do this to us

Don't worry. I'll be careful with your beautiful hugboxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know which one of the past page of shitposts did it, but my computer started acting up after opening this thread an hour ago.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOONS :argh:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't know which one of the past page of shitposts did it, but my computer started acting up after opening this thread an hour ago.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOONS :argh:

mittani done done it again

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cygni posted:

mittani done done it again

Word. I knew he was a shady gently caress but hacking people's computers with SA posts? The scoundrel.

Also is that INIT. SRP theft legit or just a troll that Reddit ate up without much thought?

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

so i heard we are losing all of our space or something? at this point do i even care enough to evac crap or just figure i will probably not play again?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:eonwe:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 13, 2016

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Zarcnest posted:

Doesn't CFC have just as many supers?

We can take PL, we can take NC. We can't take them both, which is what this big thing is about.

Have the IWI chatlogs been talked about yet? Someone gave me a summary and it boiled down to "rich boy buys friends."

e: also apparently setting up illegal RMT Alliances for SUAS and friends.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Apr 10, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Unfunny Poster posted:

don't log it in unless you want us (PL/MBC) to gank it.

Now you're skirting the edges of bad posting.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Crimewave posted:

Don't worry. I'll be careful with your beautiful hugboxes.

im not sure i can trust you to not post like an idiot shitbaby there

best bet is for you to just not post there at all

thanks and god bless

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Give it a week because they'll have to extract to safety to figure out what the gently caress is going on with the new changes to caps. However there is a chance the cap changes will be delayed to allow the continuation of the supercapital hit parade. Really can't decide whether CCP values Fanfest momentum over Warld Wor Three Bee hype.

But yeah don't log in right now because the next two weeks are the death knell of PL and they're throwing a hissy fit and shooting our POSes and poo poo.

Pretty sure they'll figure out that the only way to keep their kill:death ratios is to limit themselves to driveby doomsdays on undocks in lowsec.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

We can take PL, we can take NC. We can't take them both, which is what this big thing is about.

we can take both of them, not both of them and literally everyone else of even minor relevance that doesn't speak russian

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I can only get news on the war fro, r/Eve (this thread moves both too fast, but also no one seems to be posting what's actually happening :( ) but it sounds like YA0 dock is no longer safe and ALL staging locations for the Imperilam are under watch and have enemy super-capital fleets ready to hit anything moving. Large amounts of jump freighters are evacuating Deklein - I haven't seen any announcement of it, but it sounds like the line members are giving up holding nullsec space?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Comstar posted:

I can only get news on the war fro, r/Eve (this thread moves both too fast, but also no one seems to be posting what's actually happening :( ) but it sounds like YA0 dock is no longer safe and ALL staging locations for the Imperilam are under watch and have enemy super-capital fleets ready to hit anything moving. Large amounts of jump freighters are evacuating Deklein - I haven't seen any announcement of it, but it sounds like the line members are giving up holding nullsec space?

they're scared stupid and can't figure out what the capital changes mean to begin with. That paper-thin plan of hey we're going to use lots of supers and follow one angry nerd is about to fall apart. Pandemic Horde is a day-late-dollar-short attempt to supplement their ship composition with minions but they're going to get rolled because we're primarily minions and always have been.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Comstar posted:

dont read r/eve retard it is 100% other side propaganda, if you want less bias you could ask xolve or tallardar

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

frozenpussy posted:

they're scared stupid and can't figure out what the capital changes mean to begin with. That paper-thin plan of hey we're going to use lots of supers and follow one angry nerd is about to fall apart. Pandemic Horde is a day-late-dollar-short attempt to supplement their ship composition with minions but they're going to get rolled because we're primarily minions and always have been.
I think you are completely misreading the likely impact of the capital changes. They are becoming a lot more powerful on the whole, and the limitation that you can no longer do capital RR outside of triage is almost completely irrelevant in a situation where you have crushing subcap numerical superiority.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Comstar posted:

I've moved my assets out of Nullsec a while ago, except for like 1 billion ISK in doctrine ships for strat ops/fleets and 1 Ratting Ishtar.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I wouldn't really call "moving combat assets to the staging system" an evac but :shrug:

I'm sure there's some r/eve poster somewhere rubbing his dick raw at every one of Pokano's loot-buyback hauls thinking it's an evac.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Hubbl3 posted:

I've moved my assets out of Nullsec a while ago, except for like 1 billion ISK in doctrine ships for strat ops/fleets and 1 Ratting Ishtar.

I kinda regret not moving my poo poo earlier. I don't have much in YA0 but I don't want it stuck in station. My biggest regret is a tengu that I've been planning to turn into a doctrine ship eventually. I guess that won't happen for a while.

Aww well.. I'll be happy to get those pixels back one day.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Have the IWI chatlogs been talked about yet? Someone gave me a summary and it boiled down to "rich boy buys friends."

I spent 2 hours reading through them yesterday and the only things I learned are that suas ate a 7 day ban, everyone's getting paid mad isk from IWI and gsf is getting its rear end kicked by a someone who writes like a 12 year old. There isn't really anything damaging in the mess if your name isn't boson dubstep. Maybe there's more to come? That poo poo makes my eyes hurt so good luck to anyone who wants to go through all of it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Comstar posted:

YA0 access comes and goes but we make as much use of the windows as we can. If you have things you need evacuated then just check S-mart for the right threads and we will get your stuff out.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I need to get the rest of my ships moved and maybe some of my hangar trash, trying to fit up off the market when the market is all hosed up is irritating.

Luckily my poo poo's all in VFK

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

LemonDrizzle posted:

I think you are completely misreading the likely impact of the capital changes. They are becoming a lot more powerful on the whole, and the limitation that you can no longer do capital RR outside of triage is almost completely irrelevant in a situation where you have crushing subcap numerical superiority.

suicide dreads being able to murder the absolute dogshit out of titans and supers sounds pretty neat but beyond that you know you're replying to the guy who openly said he's being bad propaganda like the reddit 10bux brigade right

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

Comstar posted:

I have doctrine ships at staging and a couple ishtars in dek, I try to keep most of my capital liquid and I'm lazy so usually just fund myself through plex, not worried about losing a couple rating ships. My indy character with his bpo's is still in dek too so I'll evac him if poo poo really hits the fan. Otherwise my main can really function anywhere we go as long as I can get ships on contract so I'm not worried.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I always think I should scam for the easy isk. Then I read the threads, and when the pubbies sign off with "thanks, hf and o7 mate" I kind of feel like I couldn't do that.

I'm a terrible goon.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Rich guy? Apparently he lives in a trailer. Can you imagine living in a trailer and blowing the equivalent of what seems to be thousands of dollars on paying mmo mercenaries to do mmo things?

It's unfathomable to me, I would be cashing out, investing in real life things, chunking a mortgage, funneling money into a savings account. Not living in a trailer pouring money into a virtual bottomless pit.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Comstar posted:

The best thing you can do right now, is just remain calm, hop in some fleets and make reservations for your many corpses in space valhalla (if you're into that). Whatever this coalition is, it isn't a permanent thing- once we've planted our flags and finished this conquest the MBC will split up and there will no doubt be some agreements drawn and whatnot, but I don't see any of these alliances holding the North for any extreme length of time (certainly not 5+ years)- if you can get whatever you have out, do it. If not- well it's not the end of the world.

As far as I can tell, the Imperium strategy thus far is to bore us to death on some weird promise of future retribution. I'm just excited for this conquest to be over, and to ruthlessly feast on the small groups of players trying to stake their claim in the North, it should be ~content~ and ~good fights~ for the forseeable future.

Xachariah posted:

It's unfathomable to me, I would be cashing out, investing in real life things, chunking a mortgage, funneling money into a savings account. Not living in a trailer pouring money into a virtual bottomless pit.

This is much more difficult than you might imagine.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Wait, so if YA0 is having that much trouble does that mean we are losing places like VFK and JU-? I have a lot of poo poo in those two stations from back in the day that I'd just kept there for whenever those old doctrines might creep up again.

Wow would it be something if we actually lost Deklein.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

as someone with capitals+jumpclones stuck deep in 3 different regions, none of which are currently blue to gsf, learn from my mistakes and just never keep much in player stations

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Cygni posted:

as someone with capitals+jumpclones stuck deep in 3 different regions, none of which are currently blue to gsf, learn from my mistakes and just never keep much in player stations

luckily nobody except renters ever will if goonfleetswarm gets fully evicted and doesn't reclaim because nobody of note will be living in 0.0 :)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

Wait, so if YA0 is having that much trouble does that mean we are losing places like VFK and JU-? I have a lot of poo poo in those two stations from back in the day that I'd just kept there for whenever those old doctrines might creep up again.

Wow would it be something if we actually lost Deklein.

Wait for dek to fall and poo poo to blow over, and jumpclone and firesale your poo poo, but yeah Dek is chopped up like firewood and stacked waiting for the match to set it all ablaze.

Odds are 6 months from now we'll have Deklein back again as long as the cycle continues, and the composite alliances of the MBC set upon each other like the idiots they are, and we will just move back in and sweep them off.

Replacing the infrastructure in Deklein is going to be a bitch though, but that damage is already done, every single tower in Dek has been defanged.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 10, 2016

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Xolve posted:

The best thing you can do right now, is just remain calm, hop in some fleets and make reservations for your many corpses in space valhalla (if you're into that). Whatever this coalition is, it isn't a permanent thing- once we've planted our flags and finished this conquest the MBC will split up and there will no doubt be some agreements drawn and whatnot, but I don't see any of these alliances holding the North for any extreme length of time (certainly not 5+ years)- if you can get whatever you have out, do it. If not- well it's not the end of the world.

As far as I can tell, the Imperium strategy thus far is to bore us to death on some weird promise of future retribution. I'm just excited for this conquest to be over, and to ruthlessly feast on the small groups of players trying to stake their claim in the North, it should be ~content~ and ~good fights~ for the forseeable future.

This is much more difficult than you might imagine.

How come? Isn't he already trading large volumes of Isk to people apropos of nothing to "attack CFC"?

Seems it would be trivial to say "Oh yeah here's a 1T mercenary contract to Shitfuckers United to attack Wankers Incorporated" *IRL Shitfuckers United owner wired him $800, CCP can't check cause they're a game company in Iceland*

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Xachariah posted:

How come? Isn't he already trading large volumes of Isk to people apropos of nothing to "attack CFC"?

Seems it would be trivial to say "Oh yeah here's a 1T mercenary contract to Shitfuckers United to attack Wankers Incorporated" *IRL Shitfuckers United owner wired him $800, CCP can't check cause they're a game company in Iceland*

RMTing large sums of ISK is pretty hard, especially when you consider that Tranquility has less active players than any given medium pop WoW server.

I mean, I get your point- just selling a trillion isk or even 300b would be pretty hard.

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014
Has there been any CCP guidance on what happens in a few months to contained assets when they 'disappear' the legacy stations?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

DirtyMick posted:

Has there been any CCP guidance on what happens in a few months to contained assets when they 'disappear' the legacy stations?
Existing stations aren't going anywhere, they'll coexist with citadels for the foreseeable future.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Wait for dek to fall and poo poo to blow over, and jumpclone and firesale your poo poo, but yeah Dek is chopped up like firewood and stacked waiting for the match to set it all ablaze.

Odds are 6 months from now we'll have Deklein back again as long as the cycle continues, and the composite alliances of the MBC set upon each other like the idiots they are, and we will just move back in and sweep them off.

Replacing the infrastructure in Deklein is going to be a bitch though, but that damage is already done, every single tower in Dek has been defanged.

Considering in 6 months or more, all Outposts will be replaced by Citadels and everything destroyable, would Deklein be the best region to live in? Somewhere closer to lowsec seems a better option?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Comstar posted:

Considering in 6 months or more, all Outposts will be replaced by Citadels and everything destroyable, would Deklein be the best region to live in? Somewhere closer to lowsec seems a better option?

Don't store your entire life in a conquerable/destroyable station? This has been a thing for as long as conquerable nullsec has existed. Also, when your citadels are blown up in K-space, your poo poo goes into the aether and does not drop as loot, you can redeem it for a fee of a % of its value iirc. The worst regions to live in will be the Drones, because they have 0 permanent stations for you to keep your poo poo safe in.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

frozenpussy posted:

I followed a link to Something Awful in 2009 thinking it was a gore site like ogrish, then left because it wasn't. I looked around for a bit, and as far as I knew it was an unfunny and poorly formatted Fark.

Several years later, following my sex change operation and starting in 2012 I began following mittens around to his public appearances as a groupie and one night I got backstage. Long story short I wake up in a bed at the Marriott and mittens is laying next to me, having a cigarette and room service. He turned his face to exhale the Newport smoke and kept staring out the window instead of looking back. Out of what I can only assume is shame he didn't make eye contact while he said, "get a forums account."

He didn't say exactly what forum but deep in my heart I knew.

Something about the thin imitation gold chain against his pale white hairless chest told me I was about to enter the world of a low-rent space mafia, but I'm a sucker for these things so here I am.

:stonkhat:

This is the solid gold poo poo people need to be putting in Reddit.

Could use a little more gay sex though.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Great time to be a hammerbee

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I'm no sure you can really differentiate the NC. masters from their PL slaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Dalael posted:

I kinda regret not moving my poo poo earlier. I don't have much in YA0 but I don't want it stuck in station. My biggest regret is a tengu that I've been planning to turn into a doctrine ship eventually. I guess that won't happen for a while.

Aww well.. I'll be happy to get those pixels back one day.

I never had many assets anyway. I have no carrier, no dread and no super. That makes moving poo poo very easy.

• Locked thread