Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Two Broly kills to go. I can almost do it with a Dabura friend if I can't get a Frieza, but it costs me a stone. I get him down to half his final bar and just have to hope the orbs give me one more blue Super.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The Great Saiyaman STR and the Great Saiyaman 2 are my MVPs against Buu. STR does 170k damage every other turn making it actually pretty easy.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Just one more drop and I'll have Android 13's super maxed. Then it'll be time for the medal grind :negative:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Finally killed Buu! gently caress yes.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Uuuugh I pulled Broly from the Dokkan gacha. How do I cheese my way to enough medals to awaken him? I can't seem to ever get very far with that fight.

I just wanted to ignore broly's bullshit but I had to go and get lucky. I'm the worst.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

10 Z-Hard runs in Strange Battle and I've yet to see a single TEQ Buu drop...

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Uuuugh I pulled Broly from the Dokkan gacha. How do I cheese my way to enough medals to awaken him? I can't seem to ever get very far with that fight.

I just wanted to ignore broly's bullshit but I had to go and get lucky. I'm the worst.

Give us your box

Aurora posted:

How good is this new STR Spirit Bomb Goku anyway? His stats seem decent.

I think he's amazing. He has two +2 Ki links, has more than 10000 HP. He lacks Super Saiyan, but still links with many strong characters through WE GOTTA POWER and +1000ATK/DEF are nothing to scoff at.
His ATK is mediocre, but the 15% per STR orb is even stronger than TUR Cells 12%. Put in the time and you can push his SA to 10, since he's just a standard Goku.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Petiso posted:

It took me about 20 for my first one. It's poo poo.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I have a hard enough time getting through the stage.. I haven't gotten one either. I think that is harder than the 40 Stam Buu fight, honestly.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

New Leaf posted:

I have a hard enough time getting through the stage.. I haven't gotten one either. I think that is harder than the 40 Stam Buu fight, honestly.

It is. At least you're getting something out of that one.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
So, I really enjoyed using Team Stun against Cell. He got like 2 heals and attacks off, but for the most part he was just staring at us. The team I used was INT Turles, TEQ Whis, General Blue, DB Kid Bulma, INT Chiaotzu and INT Jaco, with INT Golden Frezia Friend. It really helped that General Blue got +3 Ki from the stage and was linked with DB Kid Bulma. Now just 12 more to go. Well, this next time will be harder since I didn't get any KI from the stage.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Petiso posted:

RNG sucks. I'm also at 10+ tries for the Cell stage and not even a single drop.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Cozz posted:

So, I really enjoyed using Team Stun against Cell. He got like 2 heals and attacks off, but for the most part he was just staring at us. The team I used was INT Turles, TEQ Whis, General Blue, DB Kid Bulma, INT Chiaotzu and INT Jaco, with INT Golden Frezia Friend. It really helped that General Blue got +3 Ki from the stage and was linked with DB Kid Bulma. Now just 12 more to go. Well, this next time will be harder since I didn't get any KI from the stage.

Do +Ki from the stage not apply only once? I thought it was a one and done kind of thing. They get a boost at the start, but don't keep it after the first time they attack?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

They keep it until the stage is over.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rudoku posted:

They keep it until the stage is over.

So even if I fight an interim battle? That just made +Ki spots on the map SO much better! Holy crap.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
During the original event I couldn't get SR Broly to drop but I just got him on my first run. I'm pretty happy!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So even if I fight an interim battle? That just made +Ki spots on the map SO much better! Holy crap.

If the stage you're on is even remotely a challenge, hit every Ki spot you can. They're godlike.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I learned that KI slots could be a curse on Snakey Way when you're trying to save your Dokkan Mode to defeat the Ginyu's Quickly but then kill a Saibaman with a Dokkan.

Anyway, I've gotten all the awakening medals I currently need (unless I pull an INT Perfect Cell or PHY Kid Buu, but I don't plan on doing any more pulls) thanks to Team Stun and a few dragon stones. Now just trying to get the the AGL Cells and TEQ Buu's to Awaken them and start leveling those guys up. I'm really like TEQ Perfect Cell as Leader though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Wuxi posted:

Give us your box

how do i broly

bonus: how do i cell

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Where's General Blue

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

Where's General Blue

This exactly! For the Cell Games you could do Golden Frieza, Int Cell, Mecha Frieza, Whis, Teen Gohan and you would maybe have to spend a stone if you aren't careful. If you have nobody to stun.... eh... I did it with Blue and stunned him constantly.

As for Broly specifically, I haven't done that one myself yet. :(

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah I haven't pulled a General Blue at any point yet unfortunately

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

This exactly! For the Cell Games you could do Golden Frieza, Int Cell, Mecha Frieza, Whis, Teen Gohan and you would maybe have to spend a stone if you aren't careful. If you have nobody to stun.... eh... I did it with Blue and stunned him constantly.

Yes, a pure INT team with a +3 ki partner so you have +6 means you can usually win against Cell using pure brute force. Sensu, Dende, Ghost Usher, Ox King would be the recommended items.

For Broly, you have SSG AGL Goku as your heavy hitter. The rest of the team should be Blazing Battle members for blocking: SSJ AGL Goku, King Vegeta, STR Saiyaman 2 if you can dokkan her, R AGL Trunks if you have him.

Unfortunately, you're missing the ki booster piece which means you're not going to win very often. Later on, when the Paikon strike comes back, make sure to grab him because he'll pair with SSG AGL Goku.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That Namek Saga R Bulma and SR Babidi have the 50% 2 turn stun, same as Turles and SSR PHY SSJ Goku.

For Broly you want Pikkon to fuel SSG Goku. You need to always be throwing supers for the Dokkan Festivals, basically.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 11, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Well, unless you have AGL Golden Frieza plus a friend's and you nuke him to ash in 2 SSG Goku rounds.. I'm finally done with him. Need to get the bronze medals to fully Awaken, but that's a load off. Now for the random drop Buu...

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
20 new stones over 20 days for the new spring login event.

I promptly did two pulls in celebration and got two useless R's.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yesterday was my big Day 200 gift box. My 5 stones got me a GT Hercule. I almost uninstalled.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Well, unless you have AGL Golden Frieza plus a friend's and you nuke him to ash in 2 SSG Goku rounds.. I'm finally done with him. Need to get the bronze medals to fully Awaken, but that's a load off. Now for the random drop Buu...

This does underline how broken the nukes are. If you're rerolling, you want either Broly or one of the nuke trio over anything else bar a ridiculous number of top tier SSRs (no less than all three of SSG AGL Goku, SSJ3 STR Goku, Ultimate PHY Gohan).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

This does underline how broken the nukes are. If you're rerolling, you want either Broly or one of the nuke trio over anything else bar a ridiculous number of top tier SSRs (no less than all three of SSG AGL Goku, SSJ3 STR Goku, Ultimate PHY Gohan).

At the same time, it's a testament to how loving difficult they made these Dokkan Fest fights if you don't plan to burn a dozen stones for rezzes. Without cheesing it, and with a pile of good SSRs, I couldn't touch him. It was pathetic. Cell and Buu I did legitimately, but Broly was a pain in the rear end.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

At the same time, it's a testament to how loving difficult they made these Dokkan Fest fights if you don't plan to burn a dozen stones for rezzes. Without cheesing it, and with a pile of good SSRs, I couldn't touch him. It was pathetic. Cell and Buu I did legitimately, but Broly was a pain in the rear end.
It's more owning the very specific characters needed to do them. In this regard, GBL is more fortunate than JPN because we get to know much earlier which characters to save. I do recognize that they're otherwise end-game content that newer players aren't reasonably expected to be able to complete.

For instance, I can reliably beat Broly using no stones with farmable characters, R AGL Trunks and a friend (either Kaioken AGL Goku or SSG AGL Goku).

Cell can be reliably beaten with farmable units if you have a stunner (General Blue preferably). I've been fortunate enough that my only strong colour is INT so I can get away with brute forcing Cell.

Buu is a pushover with farmable units if you have STR Saiyaman and either Saiyaman 2. By using the failed Gotenks to eat candy and keep up health while relying on STR Saiyaman to deal massive damage, I don't even need to use all my items to beat Buu.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 11, 2016

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

ChronoReverse posted:

20 new stones over 20 days for the new spring login event.

I promptly did two pulls in celebration and got two useless R's.

I got Teq perfect cell :smug:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

It's more owning the very specific characters needed to do them. In this regard, GBL is more fortunate than JPN because we get to know much earlier which characters to save. I do recognize that they're otherwise end-game content that newer players aren't reasonably expected to be able to complete.

For instance, I can reliably beat Broly using no stones with farmable characters, R AGL Trunks and a friend (either Kaioken AGL Goku or SSG AGL Goku).

Cell can be reliably beaten with farmable units if you have a stunner (General Blue preferably). I've been fortunate enough that my only strong colour is INT so I can get away with brute forcing Cell.

Buu is a pushover with farmable units if you have STR Saiyaman and either Saiyaman 2. By using the failed Gotenks to eat candy and keep up health while relying on STR Saiyaman to deal massive damage, I don't even need to use all my items to beat Buu.

I don't understand how I'm supposed to fight Broly. It's moot now, I never have to fight him again - but I have SSG Goku, I have R Trunks, I have SSJ Kid Trunks and TEQ SSJ Goku and a bunch of the linked characters.. Even with all that, he just decimates me. I'm glad I never have to go through that hell again.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I don't understand how I'm supposed to fight Broly. It's moot now, I never have to fight him again - but I have SSG Goku, I have R Trunks, I have SSJ Kid Trunks and TEQ SSJ Goku and a bunch of the linked characters.. Even with all that, he just decimates me. I'm glad I never have to go through that hell again.

I guess it doesn't matter now but it was a matter of using the first 2/3 safe turns to arrange my cards so that the strike pair (Friend Kaioken AGL Goku + AGL Pikkon) always comes up on the turn Broly doesn't attack (he always attacks every other turn). After that, it's just using my items judiciously along with close/reload to tank Broly's attacks. I'd say that I'd win the fight without a stone 80% of the time? Before I got R AGL Trunks I needed a stone 95% of the time since I didn't have a true damage soaker.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 11, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ChronoReverse posted:

I guess it doesn't matter now but it was a matter of using the first 2/3 safe turns to arrange my cards so that the strike pair (Friend Kaioken AGL Goku + AGL Pikkon) always comes up on the turn Broly doesn't attack (he always attacks every other turn). After that, it's just using my items judiciously along with close/reload to tank Broly's attacks. I'd say that I'd win the fight without a stone 80% of the time? Before I got R AGL Trunks I needed a stone 95% of the time since I didn't have a true damage soaker.

How are you manipulating that? Does the turn order affect further turns?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drowning Rabbit posted:

How are you manipulating that? Does the turn order affect further turns?

It does! Whoever is in slots 1 and 2 will show up in two turns together. Whoever is in slot 3 will show up in three rounds, with the pair from your next round's 1 and 2. Basically, if you want two characters together, put them in slots 1 and 2. If you don't? Put them in slot three and they'll cycle over to the other pair and you can re-adjust. You don't have any control over the initial order, though.

Relevant Reddit Guide. The bit linked at the top is the important part.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 12, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Just reached 100 days so got 5 stones!

... R GT Hercule. :suicide:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Finally finished off my 10 Buu wins. Ended up doing PHY nuke for the last two. Managed a 2.9 million damage hit with Ultimate Gohan and 2.7 million with Fat Gotenks. Penetration is a pretty sweet boost.

Now to go get the rest of my Broly medals, I guess.

Edit: Hey, just in time. Pulled SSR INT Vegeta. New card, at least! I think you can kinda nuke with him if you use SSJ Goten?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 12, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Finally finished off my 10 Buu wins. Ended up doing PHY nuke for the last two. Managed a 2.9 million damage hit with Ultimate Gohan and 2.7 million with Fat Gotenks. Penetration is a pretty sweet boost.

Edit: Hey, just in time. Pulled SSR INT Vegeta. New card, at least! I think you can kinda nuke with him if you use SSJ Goten?

What sort of team were you using for PHY Nuke?

I need one more Fat Buu and then I need to re-run Buu again, but I'm fine with cheesing it since I did it legit 10 times already.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

That is an ABSURD set of numbers!

I get excited to see upwards of almost 100k at this point. How are you getting Ult Gohan and Fat Gotenks that high? Is it due to a trick of the Buu event?

I've moved over to grinding the Android 13 medals, since I got him up to max special attack. and that has been... fun. It's getting me some ranks still ( I'm over 160 and still getting a GOOD amount of exp from this ). Not really sure what to grind since I do not have a Broly, or Buu that can be awakened.

Are the first round drops of the Dokkan Festival worth grinding? PHY Broly, ... I don't recall the Buu that drops, or the Agi Cell?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

What sort of team were you using for PHY Nuke?

I need one more Fat Buu and then I need to re-run Buu again, but I'm fine with cheesing it since I did it legit 10 times already.

SSGSS Vegeta, SA6 Ultimate Gohan and SA10 Fat Gotenks for hitting, Skinny Gotenks, SSR PHY SSJ Goku, PHY SSJ2 Goku. Grabbed a SSGSS Vegeta friend to double up, but I'm not sure it matters.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

That is an ABSURD set of numbers!

I get excited to see upwards of almost 100k at this point. How are you getting Ult Gohan and Fat Gotenks that high? Is it
Are the first round drops of the Dokkan Festival worth grinding? PHY Broly, ... I don't recall the Buu that drops, or the Agi Cell?

It's a mix of the double leads and the boost from Supreme Power. They'd be lower if not for that.

I think SSJ Broly is definitely worth it. Cell seems alright. Buu has uses if you don't have the existing Super Buu, otherwise he seems inferior.

Edit: Just tried SSJ Goten and INT Vegeta. Didn't work as well as I hoped. 200k is pretty solid, but Goten is an active detriment to nuking if he's on the line with your preferred hitter.

The team I tried was SSJ Goten, Vegeta, SSR 18, Majin Vegeta, INT SSJ Gohan, STR SSJ Bardock. The idea being get as many 15% boosts as I could. I think the dream line is Vegeta/Majin Vegeta/18?

Edit2: What the gently caress? I just did a single pull with the leftovers from my 10 pull earlier and got a third Broly. Good thing I didn't Dokkan the other one I have.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I ran my SSGSS Vegeta, PHY SSG Goku, and both failed Gotenks. Burned down the first Buu, nuked the second with SSG Goku, nuked the third with a friend's PHY Spirit Bomb Goku (+10% attack per orb). That left him at less than half. Somehow I lined up another Super with PHY Gotenks and that was that. Easy peasy.