Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Squeegy posted:

Siege needs a dedicated shout button

I still say that there should be distance based in game voice chat so you can trash talk from the other side of barricades.

Hard please suggest this, i want to gently caress with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
The division has proven that in-game prox chat is just about the greatest thing ever, even in a mediocre game, so

imagine that in a great game

Squeegy posted:

I really like that you can blow open a window and immediately rappel in but I can't think of a single time when it would be a good idea.

Dogg are you trippin, you have forced mine hand into a riposte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnIPCsSjuWc

Ok maybe not "good" but

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This is probably an overly long you had to be there video but i just wanted to show off my knife takedown of blitz
https://youtu.be/opa7JdvCXHA

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Keket posted:

I still say that there should be distance based in game voice chat so you can trash talk from the other side of barricades.

Proxy shout? Got ya.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Keket posted:

This would own so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKht-_lX-u0

Jimlit fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 7, 2016

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Honestly, what this game needs is more Tachanka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tL5-187I6E

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Blitz is the best. That is all.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Pfox posted:

Amazing.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

I was thinking more when we go shield team six the enemy team getting to hear us chanting 'hut hut hut' as we stomp about.

Also imagine how good proxy chat would be with this games sound system, I still cant get over how amazing the sound design is.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

hahahahaha holy gently caress

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Still waiting on slugs for my shotguns.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Simultaneously breaching from 3+ directions at once so that no matter what, someone gets inside unscathed.

You're basically forcing a 1 to 1 exchange of lives though so the only way you win is if you outnumber the enemy in the room or someone on the other side fucks up. And if one of your breachers fucks up or the enemy is behind good cover you're screwed, there's a ton of time you're exposed on the wire or just moving to cover after landing.

It's a horrible strategy for bad players. I'm not saying it can't work but you're wayyyyyyy better off going in with your feet on the ground.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

You're basically forcing a 1 to 1 exchange of lives though so the only way you win is if you outnumber the enemy in the room or someone on the other side fucks up. And if one of your breachers fucks up or the enemy is behind good cover you're screwed, there's a ton of time you're exposed on the wire or just moving to cover after landing.

It's a horrible strategy for bad players. I'm not saying it can't work but you're wayyyyyyy better off going in with your feet on the ground.

It does look cool though. And if you're stomping a bad team, why not do it with a little style?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Its only a 1 to 1 exchange if every entrance is actually covered by an enemy. More often than not you'll have two enemies focusing on one breach, so maybe they completely obliterate anyone coming through there, but meanwhile a guy comes in from a different window and has a free shot at both of them. All it takes is one guy slipping through the cracks, if the enemy is focused in other directions one breacher can take them all out single handedly.

You're also underestimating the amount of times when you'll outnumber the enemy in the room. It happens all the time, and just a one man advantage makes it really easy for opponents to miss somebody dropping in a window.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol if you aren't playing only for sick window entry kill cams.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Did the patch release for consoles this morning? I cant find anything that says it was released but I did find a Gamespot article from yesterday saying. It was delayed. Problem is that the article says it was coming out 4/5 and not 4/6.

I don't know what to believe :shrug:

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

BadLlama posted:

lol if you aren't playing only for sick window entry kill cams.

I only play for sikkkkkk frost ace montages

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I only play for sikkkkkk frost ace montages

MONSTER KILL

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Pfox posted:

That kid's bedroom is a thatcher's wet dream :allears:

Just from watching that video though it seems like it'd be kinda hard to get a lot of use out of it in a normal match? Although even only 2 or 3 more deployables than intended could definintly change things alot.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Beastie posted:

Did the patch release for consoles this morning? I cant find anything that says it was released but I did find a Gamespot article from yesterday saying. It was delayed. Problem is that the article says it was coming out 4/5 and not 4/6.

I don't know what to believe :shrug:

postponed until tomorrow ..If everything goes well.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1426709-XB1-PS4-Maintenance-on-7APR2016-to-deploy-Update-2-3?s=b3068167bf0da0c68a6332d79e97f893

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

That kid's bedroom is a thatcher's wet dream :allears:

Just from watching that video though it seems like it'd be kinda hard to get a lot of use out of it in a normal match? Although even only 2 or 3 more deployables than intended could definintly change things alot.

All I need is 2-3 Tachanka guns.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Fat Lou posted:

All I need is 2-3 Tachanka guns.

All pointed at the same door.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i hate the arbitrary sight limitation rules in this game. the slowest firing smgs can't have an acog on them but the one that shoots 1200 bullets a minute can.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Apparently fairfight unbanned a bunch of known cheaters who previously had permabans. gg Ubisoft.

E: and the cheat detection doesn't work on medium graphics settings :lol:

Great Beer fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 7, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Just because some dude on Reddit posted a bunch of pictures with words on them necessarily means that its true.

If anything the trolls achieved the desired effect with that thread.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

They went through a lot of effort to match the artificial aiming forums then.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Yeah i'm not saying those images/posts aren't real but hacking forums/communities are not hard to access and a lot of tryhards anti-cheat knights are browsing them ( just look at the post history of the reddit thread OP). Hell even the FF guys browse them. Hackers know that and well this can happen.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hard posted:

Just because some dude on Reddit posted a bunch of pictures with words on them necessarily means that its true.

If anything the trolls achieved the desired effect with that thread.

Are there any anti cheat improvements in the works?

The game really needs it

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

The Duggler posted:

Are there any anti cheat improvements in the works?

The game really needs it

Well theres no unbanning caught cheaters thats for sure.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hard posted:

Well theres no unbanning caught cheaters thats for sure.

So no

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
So pubbies without mics makes this game incredibly hard.

I'll be on tonight (possibly all night) so if you're down to shoot mans, I'm on PS4: EGZipperelli

Add me and we can pew pew stuff.

I added my stuff to the OP Google listicle, but this is just a refresher in case anyone doesn't keep up to date on it

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Same, I like this game even though I'm terrible at it. My name: olewithmilk

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
from one of our inhouse games, where we are all in the same mumble channel, i present to you: tentwentyfour is actually blind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-V6IovZfo8

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
tentwentyfour should start a band with Segfault.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9JBtj9poAo

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
I've been playing the game a little over a week since I got the code from the headphones I bought and I like the game. Mostly 3 starred the situations and have been playing terrorist hunt. Tonight I tried dipping my toes into casual multi and it's like banging my head against a wall. I am not good, but at least I play a full match. It seems to be guaran-loving-teed that if you lose the first round at least one person will quit...

My Uplay is Dial_M. Please for the love of god send some friend requests so I can actually finish a few matches, maybe get better or something

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Dial M for MURDER posted:

I've been playing the game a little over a week since I got the code from the headphones I bought and I like the game. Mostly 3 starred the situations and have been playing terrorist hunt. Tonight I tried dipping my toes into casual multi and it's like banging my head against a wall. I am not good, but at least I play a full match. It seems to be guaran-loving-teed that if you lose the first round at least one person will quit...

My Uplay is Dial_M. Please for the love of god send some friend requests so I can actually finish a few matches, maybe get better or something

we don't mind taking in new people. one question, though: are you on the spectrum?

also we're in CTS under the battlefield/baddlefield channel.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Hornet posted:

tentwentyfour should start a band with Segfault.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9JBtj9poAo

This is missing Speak's voice, he says "I'm going to actually murder you" after the second part

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer

Segmentation Fault posted:

This is missing Speak's voice, he says "I'm going to actually murder you" after the second part

It was actually me that said that, but Speak beat me to it. It's not in the video because Shadowplay only records my microphone when it feels like it.

Also, while I'm here, have another Sieged video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28PABpoRMSw

Hornet fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 10, 2016

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

automaticswim posted:

we don't mind taking in new people. one question, though: are you on the spectrum?

also we're in CTS under the battlefield/baddlefield channel.

What happened to our rainbow sex clubhouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hornet posted:

It was actually me that said that, but Speak beat me to it. It's not in the video because Shadowplay only records my microphone when it feels like it.

Also, while I'm here, have another Sieged video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28PABpoRMSw

Where do you find these chumps? My team only gets matched up against plats/hackers/plat hackers.

• Locked thread