Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Wouldn't he have to pay it to his family or something, or is that not how this works? I ain't a lawyer. Or is the case just straight up dropped because it was still in progress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Someone Badr Hari owed money to suddenly turned up murdered?

Well isn't that just a shock.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

attackmole posted:

Wouldn't he have to pay it to his family or something, or is that not how this works? I ain't a lawyer. Or is the case just straight up dropped because it was still in progress?

Hey. Continuing to ask these questions is a great way to get your legs broke

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
A friend lent me some old bootleg k-1 DVDs and during the '96 grand prix semifinal hug and hoost are having a goddamn brawl and they keep cutting to Mike Bernardo picking his nose

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Biafraid posted:

A friend lent me some old bootleg k-1 DVDs and during the '96 grand prix semifinal hug and hoost are having a goddamn brawl and they keep cutting to Mike Bernardo picking his nose

hahaha, that's cool

also just to illustrate how and why all the kickboxing money is in china now, kunlun fight had the highest rated daytime tv programme for the whole week. big stuff is happening and nobody outside of china knows about it because nobody in the tiny kickboxing community that's left speaks chinese lol

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

hahaha, that's cool

also just to illustrate how and why all the kickboxing money is in china now, kunlun fight had the highest rated daytime tv programme for the whole week. big stuff is happening and nobody outside of china knows about it because nobody in the tiny kickboxing community that's left speaks chinese lol

Were there any good fights?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
So it turns out Tiffany didn't sign with Bellator, but has signed with Invicta and Glory. The same source said that Carano signed with Bellator too, so that might be up in the air.

Bellator's first kickboxing show is gonna be like a 1 week tape delay, and Matt Mitrione is commentating

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I thought bellator kickboxing was going to be tape delayed from the same night, and played right after bellator ended

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/KiksieDB/status/718551020406759424

This guy won a 4 man qualifying tournament (for a bigger tournament or a title fight, i dunno) being the only Chinese guy in the field, and it wasn't through home cooking. The guy he's wiping out beat Davit Kiria. Looks like all the money in China is digging up some serious talent.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://twitter.com/KiksieDB/status/718551020406759424

This guy won a 4 man qualifying tournament (for a bigger tournament or a title fight, i dunno) being the only Chinese guy in the field, and it wasn't through home cooking. The guy he's wiping out beat Davit Kiria. Looks like all the money in China is digging up some serious talent.

what's been the change lately with this? i thought the chinese government was hesitant to allow combat sports due to it potentially screwing with their traditional martial arts stuff.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

what's been the change lately with this? i thought the chinese government was hesitant to allow combat sports due to it potentially screwing with their traditional martial arts stuff.

Pretty sure Kunlun just drew the highest ratings for broadcast TV in the entire country, and have been doing well on TV in general. You get enough money potential rolling, praying mantis style tai chi can go suck a thousand-year egg.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Someone once said that if the Chinese made combat sports a matter of nationalistic pride that everyone else would be in trouble. I hope its true and that this is a sign of things to come.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i forget the dude's name but there was a chinese boxer who fought in macau a bunch and when he knocked out a japanese guy it became a viral video so money went followed and then he lost so they found something else. i think the chinese government is softening on combat sports, but i'm not sure if it's officially part of their 10 year plan or whatever

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
that's great. i would love to see kickboxing and MMA become huge there

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Watching Glory 29 Superfights on UFC Fight Pass and any time they cut to the crowd everyone looks really pissed that they're at a kickboxing event. Is this the normal thing in Europe?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I was talking to someone about low kicks today and I wanted to show them "innovative tricks to cool your dog" but I can't seem to find it on youtube.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d98FVQuOGjA

all of ghita's fights while k-1 was alive are good displays of low kicks. he spends his time now complaining about mosques being built on facebook.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

There it is. Thanks!

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Was Glory worth watching? always forget now that it streams

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I didn't watch the main card on ESPN3 yet but I thought the first 3 fights on the Fight Pass show were good.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Some news:

1. For whatever reason there's a random German card that's an official K-1 World GP qualifying tournament using the K-1 branding and license, for an actual K-1 World GP at the end of the year (also in Germany). Now that all seems K-1 Global as gently caress, and the card is completely indistinguishable from a regular German card... except that K-1 Japan champion Hirotaka Urabe is supposedly going to be on the later card. Something strange is going on, and it's either K-1 Japan branching out, or K-1 Global has come out of hibernation to put more disasters in motion.

2. RIP Prince and the old K-1 theme Endorphinmachine

3. Please make your guesses about what news story is contained in this spoiler text. Spin the wheel, win a prize.

quote:

Saturday April 16 has kickboxer Badr Hari assaulted a catering employee of the Sofitel Hotel in Marrakesh Moroccan. According to the staff, the kickboxer reacted extremely aggressively when the catering staff had requested the order.

The kickboxer told the catering staff 'vodka'. What then happened remains unclear. But the kickboxer abused the hotel staff suddenly. Badr Hari then demanded an apology from the hotel staff. That then escalated and the hotel employee was beaten again. A hotel visitor who tried to prevent the quarrel was beaten by the kickboxer. The hotel staff had to seek treatment after the incident at the Ibn Tufail Hospital in Marrakech. The man is unable to work for three weeks and has injuries to his head and upper body.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoKd50Vc8k&hd=1

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
watched it the whole way through because i knew vernon white getting his head kicked off was at the end

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Anybody can quickly and accurately guess the spoiler alert kickboxing news using my patented system - every drug smuggling story is followed by a murder followed by two Badr Hari violent assaults. One Badr Hari assault can be substituted for a murder provided the murderee is a previous victim of a Hari assault

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Some news:

1. For whatever reason there's a random German card that's an official K-1 World GP qualifying tournament using the K-1 branding and license, for an actual K-1 World GP at the end of the year (also in Germany). Now that all seems K-1 Global as gently caress, and the card is completely indistinguishable from a regular German card... except that K-1 Japan champion Hirotaka Urabe is supposedly going to be on the later card. Something strange is going on, and it's either K-1 Japan branching out, or K-1 Global has come out of hibernation to put more disasters in motion.

3. Please make your guesses about what news story is contained in this spoiler text. Spin the wheel, win a prize.

My guess about the spoiler text is some kind of heist, or at least a caper

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Ah. It seems I was incorrect. Not a caper, just an honest misunderstanding that could happen to anyone

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Badr Hari is a mid tier comic book villain.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

If I recall correctly doesn't every Badr Hari assault victim end up later getting murdered by his crazy supporters/hangers on for bringing his name into disrepute?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I'm still trying to figure out the Ronaldo besties side of Badr.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
maybe he's got a giant hairy back mole fetish

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Completely forgot about this: there's a K-1 60kg tournament happening tomorrow, starting basically right after the UFC show.

Fightcard
60kg Japan Tournament
Yamamoto Masahiro VS Taiga
Leona Pettis VS Toshi
Osawa Fumiya VS Aketo Hitoshi
Urabe Koya VS Koji

Tournament Reserve
Shimano Kotaro VS Gosyu Masanobu

Superfights
Kaew Fairtex VS Ilias Bulaid
Takeru VS Yodsaenchai Sor Sopit
Shimano Kotaro VS Goshu Riki
Urabe Hirotaka VS Paulo Tebar
Watanabe Daiki VS Yamazaki Yoichi
Matsukura Shintaro VS Akimoto Kazuya

Preliminary Card
Yamamoto Naoki VS Kawaguchi Takuma
Uchiyama Masato VS Makino Tomoaki
Koge Yuki VS Shinohara Yuto

So the stream that was thought to be a pirate stream that got an insane number of views for the last tournament was actually official. There's a company trying to usurp Nico Nico, and one of the things they're doing is partnering with K-1 and giving shows away for free. The bad news is that they've now geo-restricted it. But if you have a VPN or Hula or whatever, then it'll be here starting 3pm Japan time, 2am Eastern, 7am UK time https://abema.tv/channels/world-sports/slots/PMW2fUarc4p

First hour is probably going to be prelims.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
watching this know. there was an insanely sick knee earlier, hopefully a gif or video pops up

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
fuckin... yeah https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/724145805146333184

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the first tournament bout was a hard punching guy vs a japanese military guy whose best asset is toughness. he took about a million body punches in the corner before getting smashed in the face. good stuff

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
It's reached the point in which am concerned for us being even this tangentically related to Badr Hari.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
This card has it all, folks; flying knee knockouts, body punches, and a leg kick TKO. And to top it all off, a foreigner weighed in 1lb overweight so he starts the fight deducted a point and also his Japanese opponent gets to wear thinner gloves.

Takeru and Kaew haven't even fought yet. Most of the fights have been really good, worth watching on their youtube channel whenever they upload it if you missed it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

And to top it all off, a foreigner weighed in 1lb overweight so he starts the fight deducted a point and also his Japanese opponent gets to wear thinner gloves.

lol. Please tell me the foreigner won.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Seltzer posted:

lol. Please tell me the foreigner won.

He did, he absolutely beat the brakes off of Hirotaka Urabe, who has now started his title reign with two consecutive non-title losses. Tebar handed him a 10-8 in the final round without actually dropping him, just repeatedly smashed him with the straight left over and over again. I thought for sure the judges would try and force an extra round, but to their credit Tebar took a majority decision.

It was really weird because it seemed like Urabe had no idea how to fight a southpaw, when his own drat brother (who he beat for the title) is a southpaw

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Oh also I don't know if there's a gif of it anywhere yet, but in the Kaew/Bulaid fight, Bulaid threw a high kick that missed, planted as it came down, followed through to throw a spinning back kick with the other leg, and as he had his back turned Kaew had already thrown a leg kick, which went right between Bulaid's legs and simultaneously smashed his gooch and balls. It was a once in a lifetime groin shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Oh also I don't know if there's a gif of it anywhere yet, but in the Kaew/Bulaid fight, Bulaid threw a high kick that missed, planted as it came down, followed through to throw a spinning back kick with the other leg, and as he had his back turned Kaew had already thrown a leg kick, which went right between Bulaid's legs and simultaneously smashed his gooch and balls. It was a once in a lifetime groin shot

This is what we are all here for