Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DumbparameciuM posted:

Pat asking people to do things "like a normal human"

Lol pat of all people should never utter "like a normal human" unironically ever again lol.

Also, these periscopes his GF makes are pretty life affirming in that there's always someone out there for you no matter how crazy you are. But loving hell who has the stamina to keep aiming their phones perfectly like that to their face for as long as she does.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1my1lri6Kkc

So Pat's girlfriend got hungry while hanging out with Pat and reading sonic fanfiction and this whole thing happened.

The first few minutes of this was hilarious.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh god they're both crazy.

"THAT SANDWICH IS USELESS NOW"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Megalixir posted:

Pat's right though, who the gently caress just eats one thing out of a food

it reminds me of my cousin in the 90s who loving bought pizzas and just picked the toppings off and threw the base out, also I haven't spoken to him in over 10 years and I don't know where he is

Does Canada not have delis? Can you not get sliced deli meat in Canada? I don't see why you wouldn't just buy more and fix the sandwich if it's such a big deal.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Does Canada not have delis? Can you not get sliced deli meat in Canada? I don't see why you wouldn't just buy more and fix the sandwich if it's such a big deal.

they live in montreal, they probably have something dumb and French like a 'Patisserie' or something.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Matt and Woolie really don't understand the deal with Dream Zanarkand

but I can't blame them, because it's stupid

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

they live in montreal, they probably have something dumb and French like a 'Patisserie' or something.

A Patisserie is actually a pastry shop and would not have deli meats. :eng101: :v:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

A Patisserie is actually a pastry shop and would not have deli meats. :eng101: :v:

actually, you moitié Lumpy cuite de pommes de terre, patesseries also serve sandwiches, which INCLUDE Ham sandwiches.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 10, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm mostly with Pat, outside of the whole "this sandwich is now useless!", but buying a fresh sandwich in the morning to eat next morning sounds terrible.

Anyways the sick game continues and now we are Woolieless

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/718980250043068416

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Just buy one of those enclosed bubble boy balls and slap his rear end in it, bonus point if he has to play with fumbly rubber hands.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Yardbomb posted:

Just buy one of those enclosed bubble boy balls and slap his rear end in it, bonus point if he has to play with fumbly rubber hands.

So, no different from how he normally plays?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

actually, you moitié Lumpy cuite de pommes de terre, patesseries also serve sandwiches, which INCLUDE Ham sandwiches.

Well...poo poo. Guess those three years of French weren't all that useful. Oh well, learn something new

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Watcing punisher Part 4, and for one fleeting moment I thought that the toilet interrogation would have included Punisher shoving the guy into the toilet legs first, eventually leaving only a head peeking out, and everything was beautiful.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The punisher lp is so good

Depths fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 10, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rodyle posted:

Matt and Woolie really don't understand the deal with Dream Zanarkand

but I can't blame them, because it's stupid

It's really stupid.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Is there more info to be revealed on it or do we have everything to "know" what's up with Zanarkand? because from what i understand: fifty or so dudes and ladies went "you didn't win!" and got together to remember how cool Zanarkand is as they got blown the gently caress up, but with nobody to send them to hell they just kinda lounged there, remembering zanarkand and thus creating this pocket dimension zanarkand where their fanfictions come true. Maybe up 'till they get so much dream juice that one of the dream people becomes real, gets spit out (by sin?) to become the next fayth/sin thing all in the hope of maybe beating up Al Bhed?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Dream Zanarkand is actually pretty rad. Country who's been at war forever and knows they're about to lose sacrifices it's entire population in their weird summoning arts to create a false version of their city that can live on forever, ensuring their culture survives forever, and create a guard dog to make sure no one from the enemy states could ever reach it.

That's :krad: and the fact that those idiot hell fuckers from Bevelle actually start to worship the Flesh metal gear you've made to eternally trounce on them is just icing on that cake for the Zanarkandians. Zandakanites?

Zanarkand died in one form, but BOY did they make sure to win that war SUPER HARD.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 10, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh, wait, so the war was between Zanarkand and Bevelle? okay then that makes more sense, yeah getting the religion to worship your giant gently caress YOU weapon is pretty rad then

Still petty as hell, but can't argue with those results.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh, wait, so the war was between Zanarkand and Bevelle? okay then that makes more sense, yeah getting the religion to worship your giant gently caress YOU weapon is pretty rad then

Still petty as hell, but can't argue with those results.

Oh it's the most petty, but that's what's s cool about it.

ApeHawk posted:

I really like the part where Auron gives that big anime pep talk right before the Yunalesca fight. He's entirely chill and a huge cynic all the way up to that part, and when everyone is second-guessing themselves as to whether or not they should kill false hope itself, he takes it to 11.

He was holding on to that speech for over 10 years at this point. Like this is the MOMENT for him. Finally, revenge.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 10, 2016

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I really like the part where Auron gives that big anime pep talk right before the Yunalesca fight. He's entirely chill and a huge cynic all the way up to that part, and when everyone is second-guessing themselves as to whether or not they should kill false hope itself, he takes it to 11.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ruggington posted:

DBZ never died
It became super and rotted.

See more on Know Your Meme

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Grouchio posted:

It became super and rotted.

See more on Know Your Meme

Hmmm I think I will see more on know your meme

doos
Jan 1, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Dream Zanarkand is actually pretty rad. Country who's been at war forever and knows they're about to lose sacrifices it's entire population in their weird summoning arts to create a false version of their city that can live on forever, ensuring their culture survives forever, and create a guard dog to make sure no one from the enemy states could ever reach it.

That's :krad: and the fact that those idiot hell fuckers from Bevelle actually start to worship the Flesh metal gear you've made to eternally trounce on them is just icing on that cake for the Zanarkandians. Zandakanites?

Zanarkand died in one form, but BOY did they make sure to win that war SUPER HARD.

Sin is a giant, flying, murderous "YOU DIDN'T WIN!!!!!!"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I thought it was a super big "I got some good hits in, though".

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Well, it's less of a "YOU DIDN'T WIN" and more of a "gently caress we are losing so hard we might as well nuke ourselves all the way to a fake pocket dimension".

This is a part I don't exactly remember, but was Yu Yevon even from Zanarkand? I have Sin's origin story pretty muddled, all I remember is Yu Yevon made himself into an Aeon parasite in order to be worshipped and live forever.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Pat is so upset over the sandwich

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I marathoned the entire Bloodborne DLC LP. I was pretty impressed by how much was covered actually, but a little bummed that Pat decided to kill the bell ringing guy which cut out all the invasions in the last area.

I'm also fairly sure the progression was supposed to make Laurence the final DLC boss, not Orphan. There has always been a "specific path" in Souls games, usually suggested by difficulty.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Pat is so upset over the sandwich

I love that he's OK with her eating the entire sandwich, but not just eating the parts she likes. He'd literally rather have nothing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Uh no, considering you can get the skull pretty drat early before you even get to the Orphan. The difficulty is subjective but Laurence was not has hard as the Orphan to me. Laurence felt more of a bonus boss. I mean technically there isn't an end to the DLC as beating the Orphan doesn't kick you out of the nightmare or anything but considering what was leading up to it, Orphan was definitely the last DLC boss.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 10, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

YF-23 posted:

Well, it's less of a "YOU DIDN'T WIN" and more of a "gently caress we are losing so hard we might as well nuke ourselves all the way to a fake pocket dimension".

This is a part I don't exactly remember, but was Yu Yevon even from Zanarkand? I have Sin's origin story pretty muddled, all I remember is Yu Yevon made himself into an Aeon parasite in order to be worshipped and live forever.

Yu Yevon was the leader of Ancient Zanarkand and the architect of the 'Build Dream Zanarkand' plan. His main goal was to protect Zanarkand and he used the dream plan to turn himself into a monster that used Sin like a big suit of fleshy-armor so he could perpetually poo poo on Bevelle and keep the dream alive and undisturbed. His first act as Sin was to wreck the now abandoned Zanarkand to put the fear of Sin into the invading Bevellian army.

Dude's not really super evil and his only plan was "Protect my society's last ditch hope ark". but as you see on Mt. Gagazet, eventually those dreamers get tired of dreaming and want to wake up and pass on to the next world.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Yu Yevon was the leader of Ancient Zanarkand and the architect of the 'Build Dream Zanarkand' plan. His main goal was to protect Zanarkand and he used the dream plan to turn himself into a monster that used Sin like a big suit of fleshy-armor so he could perpetually poo poo on Bevelle and keep the dream alive and undisturbed. His first act as Sin was to wreck the now abandoned Zanarkand to put the fear of Sin into the invading Bevellian army.

Dude's not really super evil and his only plan was "Protect my society's last ditch hope ark". but as you see on Mt. Gagazet, eventually those dreamers get tired of dreaming and want to wake up and pass on to the next world.

Oh, alright. I mean, I disagree with you, in that I think he's totally super evil, and what I remember from playing the game myself like a decade+ ago I remember there being an element of personal megalomania involved though that might well be me filling in the gaps that FFX's story only implicitly states.

It is kind of amazing how anti-clerical/anti-religious FFX is, even by JRPG standards.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

YF-23 posted:

Oh, alright. I mean, I disagree with you, in that I think he's totally super evil, and what I remember from playing the game myself like a decade+ ago I remember there being an element of personal megalomania involved though that might well be me filling in the gaps that FFX's story only implicitly states.

It is kind of amazing how anti-clerical/anti-religious FFX is, even by JRPG standards.

He has literally no lines in game and Bahamut says he's not really good or evil at this point, just kind of mindlessly doing his thing. The meglomania thing is mostly how the old fucker Grand Maester whoever and Seymour were painting the whole religion, which is mostly them reflecting their own warped view of the world and their obsession with keeping themselves on top onto Yu Yevon himself.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Shindragon posted:

Uh no, considering you can get the skull pretty drat early before you even get to the Orphan. The difficulty is subjective but Laurence was not has hard as the Orphan to me. Laurence felt more of a bonus boss. I mean technically there isn't an end to the DLC as beating the Orphan doesn't kick you out of the nightmare or anything but considering what was leading up to it, Orphan was definitely the last DLC boss.

You're not wrong, but most people won't take an elevator, see an NPC and a lamp, then immediately go down the elevator they just took, step off it, then step on it to make it go up again, then step off it again to see if there's anything underneath it. Out of my 400+ hours in the DLC alone, I've also been summoned far more times for Laurence than I have for Orphan.

Another thing: Simon, found half-dead near the last lamp, was hunted by the continual invaders but killing the summoner cuts out all of that. It's evident that Pat did his research on the DLC prior to completing it, but the sheer amount of backtracking sort of hosed things up a little. That's why they didn't see any other friendly summons besides the one (of two in that area, come to think of it) before Ludwig. Mind you, progression in Souls games has always been wonky.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
One thing I really liked that a lot of people seem to overlook is the reveal that Bevelle was actually the rear end in a top hat machina nation and Zanarkand was apparently a city of summoners. Just another lie in their rear end in a top hat religion.

YF-23 posted:

I thought it was funny how early in the LP, Matt and Woolie were making fun of Tidus for insulting their religion when one of the main plot points later in the game is "gently caress this lovely religion".

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 10, 2016

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

YF-23 posted:

Is it strange that I wish there were more anti-clerical video games that cover religious wars fought for pointless clauses over 'holy' tiny strips of land, and how those wars suck?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I'm yelling at my computer screen for them to just use Bahamut's overdrive it's so strong they keep underestimating the power of Mariah she could probably one-shot almost every boss left in the game not counting superbosses.

e: like Matt grinded so much that it's not even an issue, everybody's crazy strong now, they just act so cautious and scared of everything when they've seen Mariah do like 40k damage before but forget immediately.

TriffTshngo fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 10, 2016

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ApeHawk posted:

This is one of my favorite ff moments. It's such a about face from how Auron usually acts. He finally goes " gently caress THIS FINAL SUMMONING BULLSHIT, GUYS, JUST CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO." The contrast really emphasizes the scene.

While FFX has a lot dumb cliche anime character traits and moments I actually do like the main plot for FFX. I think there's some interesting ideas in there, like dream zanarkand, and how yevon was formed and how it became a tool for further oppression. .Plus I give them props for killing off tidus at the end (ffx--2 never happened shut up).

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I feel like Woolie makes fights last longer than they have to sometimes because he always wants to do exactly as the guide says.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

I'm yelling at my computer screen for them to just use Bahamut's overdrive it's so strong they keep underestimating the power of Mariah she could probably one-shot almost every boss left in the game not counting superbosses.

e: like Matt grinded so much that it's not even an issue, everybody's crazy strong now, they just act so cautious and scared of everything when they've seen Mariah do like 40k damage before but forget immediately.

Finally, they have become JRPG characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's fiiiiiiiiiine they are getting through the bosses thanks to overleveling.