Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

You don't need to study how to be a Commander because the Flame literally will teach you everything you need to know. Like, for example, the names of every past Commander from the first to the latest. E: of course some basic social skills would help, but we'll see how Ontari operates when her back isn't against the wall. Which we may not, since she isn't likely to ever get the Flame.

Jasper and Clarke are racing back the way she came, so I expect that next they're going to run over King Roan, who is following Clarke. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

steinrokkan posted:

How did Jaha get to be a chancellor, given that he is the most easily fooled moron in the history of humanity.

It's called reality.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

hollylolly posted:

You don't need to study how to be a Commander because the Flame literally will teach you everything you need to know. Like, for example, the names of every past Commander from the first to the latest. E: of course some basic social skills would help, but we'll see how Ontari operates when her back isn't against the wall. Which we may not, since she isn't likely to ever get the Flame.

Jasper and Clarke are racing back the way she came, so I expect that next they're going to run over King Roan, who is following Clarke. :lol:

Oh yeah, what I liked was that Murphy picked up on the whole naming of the past Commander's ritual.

"The new commander has to list all the names of all the previous Commanders."
"So only the new commander and the flame keeper actually know the names of all the previous Commanders."
"Yeah, we can totally BS our way through this. Gotta fake it to make it though. "

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

thrakkorzog posted:

Oh yeah, what I liked was that Murphy picked up on the whole naming of the past Commander's ritual.

"The new commander has to list all the names of all the previous Commanders."
"So only the new commander and the flame keeper actually know the names of all the previous Commanders."
"Yeah, we can totally BS our way through this. Gotta fake it to make it though. "

Its risky behaviour tho. Didn't they say that there was many new Commander's during Titus' time as flamekepa? Consider that some of the people out there may have been there for other ascension, therefore its possible some of them remember the names.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

hollylolly posted:

Really liked this episode and Clarke nearly being run over by Jasper's Great Escape and then immediately joining him was perfect. :perfect:

It really was perfect. I had kinda forgotten just how split up they'd become so seeing their arcs crash together like that was amusing.

Not sure what the general consensus is but I'm enjoying this season a lot.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Holy poo poo, that was actually Lindsey Morgan (Raven) doing the voice when she was possessed by ALIE? I totally assumed they dubbed it and she just nailed the physical mannerisms.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

It sounded dubbed to me.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

VagueRant posted:

Holy poo poo, that was actually Lindsey Morgan (Raven) doing the voice when she was possessed by ALIE? I totally assumed they dubbed it and she just nailed the physical mannerisms.

Dubbed, but the acting was still awesome

CODChimera posted:

It really was perfect. I had kinda forgotten just how split up they'd become so seeing their arcs crash together like that was amusing.

Not sure what the general consensus is but I'm enjoying this season a lot.

Me too, its still better then the vast majority of stuff on TV. I keep being surprised & entertained.

Murphy is the best. See Clarke, this is the sort of poo poo a proper barbarian hero would be doing right now. I also think Ontari is great, a psycho killer in a society of psycho killers would act exactly like she is acting.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

DarkCrawler posted:

Her ALIE was scary and I'm feeling bad for wanting Raven go back to her original self with all that pain.

quote:

Murphy is the best. See Clarke, this is the sort of poo poo a proper barbarian hero would be doing right now. I also think Ontari is great, a psycho killer in a society of psycho killers would act exactly like she is acting.

Ontari is completely lost after years of preparation all went down the drain , that Clarke bitch first killes her Ice Queen and then steals the AI chip.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

raditts posted:

It sounded dubbed to me.

DarkCrawler posted:

I could've sworn it was dubbed too, but the actresses on twitter seem to be implying otherwise...

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

CeeJee posted:

Her ALIE was scary and I'm feeling bad for wanting Raven go back to her original self with all that pain.

Ontari is completely lost after years of preparation all went down the drain , that Clarke bitch first killes her Ice Queen and then steals the AI chip.
Raven was in pain before, but ALIE was making her relive all those painful memories and the physical pain that went with them, over and over again. Raven wasn't constantly in a horrible pain loop like that before.

edit: Also Lexa killed the Ice Queen.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

A Clarke-cooter kill, even one by proxy, still goes on her tally sheet.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Calling it now: the finale will be a religious war between ALIE 1.0 Arcadia led by Jaha and ALIE 2.0 Grounders led by Luna/Clarke.

:black101: :dota101:

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Raven is gonna be the next Commander, who unleashes Pike on Jaha's collective.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I guess I'll get around to this then:

:siren: S3 E11 Nevermore :siren:

Alie draws out Raven's dark side; Jasper's frustration grows; Octavia struggles to know her place.

Relevant? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLiXjaPqSyY

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Antifreeze Head posted:

Alie draws out Raven's dark side; Jasper's frustration grows; Octavia struggles to know her place.

:argh: that's my line!

:)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Antifreeze Head posted:

:ohdear: I don't like that first part.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Poor Monty. :(

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Welp, it's gonna be a long time before he gets over THAT. :stare: Welcome to a lifetime of nightmares, Monty!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That poo poo with Raven was horrifying :stonk: Alie taunting everyone was loving hilarious. Dropping some serious truth bombs.

Octavia laying the verbal smackdown on Bellamy was nice. Please die horribly Bellamy. You too Jasper. No one cares about your whiny poo poo and the girlfriend you knew for like a week.

TMMadman posted:

Poor Monty. :(

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I forgot there was an episode tonight. What did Monty do? Did he finally kill his murderous mother?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
That was a really interesting episode in that it took place in the space of a single night, and the plot really focused in on exorcising Raven (barring Monty's axial adventure with Octavia).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like Octavia is done playing Warrior Princess.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

The 100 47 9+Sinclair

yarrrjun
Jun 19, 2007
my dream is to drive a Hummer for a day
I keep waiting for Jasper to really tell off Clarke and Bellamy, and finally just get fed up of their ego-driven decision-making and make his own decisions (or for the group). I mean, he was pretty proactive last season, all the way until Clarke hosed everything up and murdered everybody who was helping the errr 47(? iirc?). I wonder if Monty's horrific experience is going to split up the Monty+Jasper dynamic for good this time, or if this will lead him to really empathize with Jasper's current state of mind. Honestly, it could go either way.

Also, I just realized what a religious psycho Jaha's become. Actively advocating for ALIE to destroy her meat-drones' sense of free will, the hardcore convert-or-die Spanish Inquisition stuff... I saw him as a slightly religious kook who was desperate to believe in something hopeful, last season, but the realization that he's a full on psycho blindsided me during this past episode. Was that actually Jaha, who advised ALIE to remove people's free will, or just ALIE talking herself into doing it via drone proxy?

yarrrjun fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 15, 2016

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Yeah I'm pretty sure Jaha ~fully submitted~ a while ago. And by "a while ago" I mean, like, when Murphy was in the bunker.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So long Lesbigate! Now we picking up some speed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its impossible to say how much of Jaha's actions are ALIE and how much are him. Raven had enough of herself to fight ALIE for awhile but then once she "submitted" she was 100% ALIE. I don't even know what "submit" is but we have no idea if Jaha did it or not or what he went through in the time between Murphy being with him. My guess is that they'll start to free people from ALIE and get the chip out of Jaha but then he'll betray them and reveal he wants it all willingly. Jaha was always pretty predisposed to "end justifies the means/sacrifice for the better of the group/submit" mentality. I mean, he sentenced his only son to death.

Neba
Feb 1, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Looks like Octavia is done playing Warrior Princess.

I hope so, her cosplaying as a grounder after knowing them for like three or four months was getting pretty tiring. Although I get that her life on the Ark must've made her predisposed to feel like an outsider with the Ark people, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at how fast she adopted the grounders' (often lovely) ways.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't have any problem with Octavia adopting the grounder identity. That's the thing about Octavia. She's spent her entire life in a floor or a prison cell. She's never been a part of any culture or society. So its not like she was someone who grew up in the way of the Ark who just started acting like a grounder. She was kind of a blank slate who had never really developed much of any identity. So she picks up a grounder boyfriend and a grounder mentor so she just went all in. After all, the Ark folk are kind of assholes anyway and they killed your mom for you being born. So how good can their society be?

The strangest thing about Octavia is that she's half as well rounded as she is. She should probably be way more of an unstable, anti-social, half psychotic weirdo all things considered. You have to give Bellamy and her mom a lot of credit for that home schooling.

I liked the whole "not tree crew, not sky crew, we're the 100" thing Monty was pushing on her. Its the one thing that motley crew of mass murderers and mentally broken lunatics have in common. And now they all have in common that they've driven themselves half mad with the atrocities they've suffered or committed.

That must be why Harper, Miller, and Miller's boyfriend had to wait outside all episode. They'll be accepted into the club once they put a few more black marks on their souls.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Apr 15, 2016

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

I didn't have any problem with Octavia adopting the grounder identity.

Agreed with all these. Octavia's shifting sense of identity makes a lot of sense given her background, and she's really the only one to see everyone's bullshit from all sides. Probably why she's my favorite character. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that the 100 have only been on the ground for about half a year. All of these events have taken half a year to transpire. That's a lot of trauma.

Jesus that episode was intense.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 15, 2016

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

STAC Goat posted:

Its impossible to say how much of Jaha's actions are ALIE and how much are him. Raven had enough of herself to fight ALIE for awhile but then once she "submitted" she was 100% ALIE. I don't even know what "submit" is but we have no idea if Jaha did it or not or what he went through in the time between Murphy being with him. My guess is that they'll start to free people from ALIE and get the chip out of Jaha but then he'll betray them and reveal he wants it all willingly. Jaha was always pretty predisposed to "end justifies the means/sacrifice for the better of the group/submit" mentality. I mean, he sentenced his only son to death.

The difference between Jaha and the other meat puppets is that Jaha is ALIE's collaborator. He's taught her a lot of the awful stuff she's been doing in the past few episodes, because she wasn't programmed to use coercion to get people to accept her. In a lot of ways, she is (was) an innocent - she had no idea there were all these ways to circumvent free will.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Well that, and, Jaha is crazy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know, I thought that Nilyah lady got killed in the first episode. I guess she just got beat up?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

STAC Goat posted:

That must be why Harper, Miller, and Miller's boyfriend had to wait outside all episode. They'll be accepted into the club once they put a few more black marks on their souls.
Pretty sure Harper and Miller were part of the original 100. I know what you mean but it's sorta nice to have a bunch of background-ish characters still with us through it all.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
It's good to have BG characters because you never know when you'll have a plotline about stolen gemstones and poisonous spiders that just doesn't jive with anyone else we have ever met.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Didn't Harper, Miller, and his boyfriend (what is his name??) stay at the cave? I feel like there wasn't enough room in the rover for them.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
How much more spinal surgery will Raven go through in this goddamn show

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

How much more spinal surgery will Raven go through in this goddamn show

What, you can't stand a female character having a spine? :smug:

I'll show myself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Fighting Trousers posted:

Bellamy is a follower. He needs to be backing somebody else's play or he's left flailing uselessly in the breeze. During season 2 (when most people agree he was at his best), he was following Clarke. By the end of the season, he had all but dropped to his knees to pledge his fealty and proclaim himself her vassal. Then she goes on walkabout and he had to find someone else to follow. He tried with Abby and Kane, but Abby's a poo poo leader and Kane was trying too hard to follow the rules. Then Pike rolls in, all "Protect our people" and "This is a zero-sum game", and Bellamy the follower falls right in line.

Basically, he totally needs the bitch slapping he's going to get from his sister, but what he really needs is Clarke. (no shipping) And not the gentle, compromising Clarke of a few episodes ago (hence his rejection at the time), but the gives-no-fucks Clarke of season 2. Bellamy is a follower of Wanheda.

Gotta say I'm pleased with the fact that evil, ALIE-ified Raven agreed with my assessment of Bellamy's character flaws. :smug:

• Locked thread