Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder when Dragon Ball Heroes or some game is going to do the inevitable and give Broly Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4.

But seriously, I wish non-Saiyan characters got more transformations or distinctive power-ups. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder when Dragon Ball Heroes or some game is going to do the inevitable and give Broly Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4.

But seriously, I wish non-Saiyan characters got more transformations or distinctive power-ups. :(

Maybe you didn't realize:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mGcnQDSgM

Already been done.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Bring back four-arms Tien

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yamcha transforms into a wolf form when performing the patented "Wolf Fang Fist", maybe he could perfect the technique and gain some kind of permanent werewolf form.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Yamcha turns into a werewolf and Tien grows enough arms to become Man-Spider

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Maybe you didn't realize:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mGcnQDSgM

Already been done.

No, I know about SS4. I meant Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4. Or Super Saiyan Blue 4, if that helps get the meaning across better.

Basically, I was just coming up with some ridiculous idea as a remark on Broly's many forms.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

While he hasn't gotten that (yet), Heroes did give him a form beyond Super Saiyan 4, Super Saiyan 4 Full Power, which seems to be unique to Broly (apart from Goku using it in one fight in GT by absorbing everyone else's power, hilariously enough nearly undergoing the God ritual by mistake). In Heroes only Broly himself has it, and even with GT, he's the only one to have achieved it on his own.

It shouldn't take too long to get Ultimate Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4 Shenlong Mode Broly (Potara Ex-Fusion, Broly + Broly) though, knowing Heroes.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
rememeber that goku only went super sdaiyan to beat maximum frieza and piccolo fought frieza at twice his already crazy high power level minutes beforehand. lol krillin cut off his tail how raw was that

also broly is strongest saiyan by so much he could destroy anything going on in super.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Broly ain't poo poo. :colbert:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think you'll find that broly is poo poo, actually

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So we are agreeing that Arale can whip Broly's rear end then :v:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

No, I know about SS4. I meant Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4. Or Super Saiyan Blue 4, if that helps get the meaning across better.

Basically, I was just coming up with some ridiculous idea as a remark on Broly's many forms.

Ah, my bad then.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Sadly we hit Super human waay back in dragon ball we need to achieve super human 2 or super human god

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Shindragon posted:

So we are agreeing that Arale can whip Broly's rear end then :v:

Wait was this ever in doubt? Arale is stronger than Goku, and Goku beat Broly. Clearly she is still the strongest.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The new Super had some seriously bad animation at some points but as a whole the episode was entertaining.

I'm really liking how even Hits attacks feel like Deviant Art edgy

*teleports behind u*

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I won't be happy till his armor gets knocked off and we see the "Kill You" tatoo on his chest.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm sad that Vegeta got clowned because Vegeta should be cooler than everybody in this timeline. I'm excited to see what Goku's secret technique is.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vegeta's slouching looked very silly to me. I didn't quite get what they were going for with it.

Great episode otherwise. It seems our expectations of Toriyama characters have been played against us and that Monaka is a weakling after all.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Animation was off in a bunch of places, but still a cool episode.
I'm surprised that Monaka actually is a weakling after all, that's pretty funny. Goku zipping around to try and catch Hit off-guard was pretty cool, Hit's ability is a bit cliche but they made it look interesting by having his attacks defy continuity and be emphasized with sparkles.

Raxivace posted:

Vegeta's slouching looked very silly to me. I didn't quite get what they were going for with it.

Yeah it's kinda odd, it just reminded me of that dopey dark hedgehog villain from Sonic 06 more than anything.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Guys, its an obvious triple bluff. Monaka is going to be the strongest fighter of all, to the amazement of even Berrus. Just wait and see.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Toriyama sure has a thing for big round ear-cups. And that referee looks like he could be a lost cousin of Buu.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Vegeta's slouch was weird, yeah. I guess they were going for him trying to be ready to fend off an attack from any direction, but ehhh.

That said, it's kind of an odd contrast how the previous characters felt like they would fit in original Dragon Ball while Hit seems like he'd be at home in DBZ.

I do have to wonder what Hit's real power is, though, if time skipping is just him screwing around.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

New Leaf posted:

Toriyama sure has a thing for big round ear-cups. And that referee looks like he could be a lost cousin of Buu.

Ear cups are way easier to draw than real ears, so. :v:

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
At no point in this episode was the animation bad.

Wow, some of you fucks are gonna be all over Monaka being super weak. Poor Yamcha is going to even lose the one bit of relevance he has left.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sharktamer posted:

Wow, some of you fucks are gonna be all over Monaka being super weak. Poor Yamcha is going to even lose the one bit of relevance he has left.

No one is ever going to be weaker than Oolong.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Rutibex posted:

No one is ever going to be weaker than the turtle.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That said, it's kind of an odd contrast how the previous characters felt like they would fit in original Dragon Ball while Hit seems like he'd be at home in DBZ.

Well this whole arc in general is a throwback to Fortuneteller Baba's Tournament in the original series, right down to being a 5v5 tournament against opponents with kooky abilities. Even the talk this episode about Hit having no openings in his initial stance...

...seems to be a callback to something said about Goku in the original arc.

Clearly this means Vegeta was the Mummy this whole time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sharktamer posted:

The animation was bad at points and it did not detract from the episode like it has at points in the past.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

Has there been any updates on the Kai Buu saga coming to the US? I can't really find any info more current then forum posts from 2014 says "soon".

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Xinlum posted:

Has there been any updates on the Kai Buu saga coming to the US? I can't really find any info more current then forum posts from 2014 says "soon".

Who wants to make a wager that the DBZ Abridged Buu Saga will come out before the US Kai release?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's throwing me off a little how fast-paced Super is compared to the original Z, I just keep expecting fights like Vegeta vs Hit to take like 2 or 3 episodes to resolve and then they're over pretty quick in less than one.

Which is definitely not a bad thing, but it's kind of interesting seeing Dragonball just totally freed of the pacing issues that being shackled to the manga caused.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It's especially odd since Goku vs Beerus was like five episodes long. They already had stuff for that and just made it pointlessly drag on, but the new stuff has a pretty good pace.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Xinlum posted:

Wondered about this myself, it's been a drat while.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's throwing me off a little how fast-paced Super is compared to the original Z, I just keep expecting fights like Vegeta vs Hit to take like 2 or 3 episodes to resolve and then they're over pretty quick in less than one.

Which is definitely not a bad thing, but it's kind of interesting seeing Dragonball just totally freed of the pacing issues that being shackled to the manga caused.

No, they are sticking to the standard pace. Check out the early Buu saga with the tournament and Vegita, Goku, and Gohan fighting through Babidis minions. Each fight didn't take more than one episode. But once Buu was unleashed all bets were off.

Once the "real" villain reveals themselves we will be into the multi-episode battles.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the buu saga was a lot better paced in the anime than what came before it (I don't get why it even needs a kai tbh). for example: that time they fought the cell jrs for like a full episode

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Or Cell transforming into his final form for a whole episode.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

for example: that time they fought the cell jrs for like a full episode

Or the time they fought Frieza for like 50 episodes straight.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

(I don't get why it even needs a kai tbh)
Supposedly Kai's Buu Saga is for the western audiences...which makes the fact that we don't have a dub yet all the more confusing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Or the time they fought Frieza for like 50 episodes straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Raxivace posted:

Supposedly Kai's Buu Saga is for the western audiences...which makes the fact that we don't have a dub yet all the more confusing.

I'm sure it's some sort of budget thing and/or Funimation wanting to go straight into Super.

• Locked thread