Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Man, does anyone else have problems with lag in this game? I had to quit Advanced Warfare because the lobbies got too laggy, and it is even worse in this one. I am literally rubber-banding and people are warping around like the a Japanese horror movie ghost. It really sucks because I've really liked these last two CoDs a lot, but it is just unplayable for me. I don't know if it is on my end or there are less lobbies or they hosed something up with the netcode.

It's been pretty good to me, better than most CoDs. Sometimes I get people chop-monstering around, but it's pretty infrequent.

I only rubberband if my connection is absolute crap at the time, so I think it's on your end. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

VJeff posted:

It's been pretty good to me, better than most CoDs. Sometimes I get people chop-monstering around, but it's pretty infrequent.

I only rubberband if my connection is absolute crap at the time, so I think it's on your end. :(

That's what I'm worried about. :( The weird thing is every other multiplayer game and even Blops2 plays absolutely fine. It's just AW and Blops3 that go crazy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So outta curiosity, how do you guys get together to play?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Spam invites to eachother

Thankfully the in-game matchmaking/grouping whatever sort-of works

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Sorry to the group I was with. My game crashed, so I went to bed.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Spam invites to eachother

Thankfully the in-game matchmaking/grouping whatever sort-of works

This. Also, if you see a regular start a chat party, join it immediately. :bandwagon:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well then get ready to eat Friend Requests, idiots!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

You kids and your PS4 shenanigans. :smith:

Crossplay when, Vondy.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

VJeff posted:

Hey, quick question, is the Annihilator un-aimable garbage or am I just terrible at video games? Thanks in advance. .

I'm working on it now and doing a lot of work with the Annihilator. I'm getting usually 3-4 kills every time I use it, unless I get sniped while I'm drawing it. Just don't hipfire it and you should be okay. The sights are good enough to use just fine. Problem is it shoots slow as hell. Try to sneak around to a flank and get people unaware.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Is the range decrease from slapping a silencer on the Brecci that much of a penalty? I was surprising myself with how far away I was able to pick people off from tonight. I even got a longshot medal, although I'm sure that was more of a fluke than anything else.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't totally understand it, but apparently the new shotgun damage mechanics mean that the Brecci and Haymaker are pretty okay candidates for a suppressor.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
The shotguns are all decent candidates for a suppressor because of the flat damage + bonus pellets route they're going in this game. For the KRM and Argus you just need to get a little closer. But the Brecci and Haymaker do too little damage to get one-shot kills so they make up for it with faster fire rates. With the others you could just fire off the one shot, get your kill and be gone by the time someone comes over to check out your red dot on the radar. But to keep you safe while you take someone out, the suppressor is an excellent choice for the Brecci. Besides, it helps with the longshot challenges :v:

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES
So I got to borrow and mess around with a NetDuma router this is the ELITE GAYMING ROUTER. I'll be short unless there are questions. I play on the Xbone, and basically NetDuma is just firmware on an otherwise decent but not great wireless router. However it's very good firmware and does some cool things and has a great UI.

The two main things are traffic congestion/shaping to give whatever device priority (which isn't uncommon in other firmware frankly) and more importantly ping and geofencing. You can basically set a geographic perimeter on a map so it will not connect to servers above either a set ping or the set perimeter. I was setting it around 200-300 miles and 30ms and getting decent games in the SF Bay Area ...I imagine if you live in a less densely populated area you'd have to set it wider or you'd have to wait a while for games/peak times. The people you are connected to show up on the map, the host does as well, and then it flags all the connections it turned down (which are all the gently caress over the place).

Gameplay wise I'd say it makes a difference, but it isn't crazy dramatic. Basically it seems to eliminate a lot of the clearly bullshit things that happen in game - i.e., someone clearly seeing you a full second in advance, your bullets not generating hit markers on someone, that kind of stuff. It doesn't change the balance of the game much, just eliminates those REALLY frustrating situations that kind of make me disconnect from games because it seems bull poo poo.

I didn't get a chance to mess around with it as a router otherwise, but it seemed competent.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
Aaah COD with goons. I have been playing CoD with since MW and I am still total garage.
I played a little multi player this morning to get up to level 5. I like this one a little more than the previous ones.
PSN Kalira_73. I won't get many kills but I promise to always play for the objective.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Mr. WTF posted:

So I got to borrow and mess around with a NetDuma router this is the ELITE GAYMING ROUTER. I'll be short unless there are questions. I play on the Xbone, and basically NetDuma is just firmware on an otherwise decent but not great wireless router. However it's very good firmware and does some cool things and has a great UI.

The two main things are traffic congestion/shaping to give whatever device priority (which isn't uncommon in other firmware frankly) and more importantly ping and geofencing. You can basically set a geographic perimeter on a map so it will not connect to servers above either a set ping or the set perimeter. I was setting it around 200-300 miles and 30ms and getting decent games in the SF Bay Area ...I imagine if you live in a less densely populated area you'd have to set it wider or you'd have to wait a while for games/peak times. The people you are connected to show up on the map, the host does as well, and then it flags all the connections it turned down (which are all the gently caress over the place).

Gameplay wise I'd say it makes a difference, but it isn't crazy dramatic. Basically it seems to eliminate a lot of the clearly bullshit things that happen in game - i.e., someone clearly seeing you a full second in advance, your bullets not generating hit markers on someone, that kind of stuff. It doesn't change the balance of the game much, just eliminates those REALLY frustrating situations that kind of make me disconnect from games because it seems bull poo poo.

I didn't get a chance to mess around with it as a router otherwise, but it seemed competent.

I saw a video about it on Youtube from one of the COD YTers and it seemed neat, something I might consider buying once I move and see what my new ISP is like. Between me and MY GIRLFRIEND we both play a lot of stuff online and she wants to start streaming gameplay, so if it can handle that and split a lot of the bandwidth I might look into it a bit more. Our upload where we are right now is too comically bad for even one of us to stream without effecting anything on the network for me to even consider it now though.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

sba posted:

I saw a video about it on Youtube from one of the COD YTers and it seemed neat, something I might consider buying once I move and see what my new ISP is like. Between me and MY GIRLFRIEND we both play a lot of stuff online and she wants to start streaming gameplay, so if it can handle that and split a lot of the bandwidth I might look into it a bit more. Our upload where we are right now is too comically bad for even one of us to stream without effecting anything on the network for me to even consider it now though.

Can you geo fence it just for specific IPs or mac addresses on the router? I want my computer to connect everywhere but would love to limit the connections on my ps4 to specific geographic regions.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

housefly posted:

Can you geo fence it just for specific IPs or mac addresses on the router? I want my computer to connect everywhere but would love to limit the connections on my ps4 to specific geographic regions.

Yes.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
If I didn't already have a sweet gigabit Ethernet + Wi-Fi router, I'd be so down with that.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

This just in (to me). In the pursuit of gold/diamond/dark matter, a 10-killstreak does not count as two 5-killstreaks. So that's annoying as gently caress and I just want to be done with drat Razorback so I can never use it again.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
I finally got a Mothership but the game wasn't in the theater even though I bookmarked it :negative:.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have my time capsule and wifi is awesome now I just need a good internet provider to do something in Ohio (never). I tried some remote play from my computer and it worked out pretty good. May relocate my XIM and play comfortably on a desk from now on.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

PleasusChrist posted:

This just in (to me). In the pursuit of gold/diamond/dark matter, a 10-killstreak does not count as two 5-killstreaks. So that's annoying as gently caress and I just want to be done with drat Razorback so I can never use it again.

I'm pretty sure it does count as multiples towards camo.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

venutolo posted:

I'm pretty sure it does count as multiples towards camo.

It 100% does not. I just did it. Got a Merciless with gun-only. Got Bloodthirsty and Merciless badges. Only one additional Bloodthirsty added to my camo count.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So are the additional class slots as useless as they were in blops 2? Not being able to change pages in matches and such.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

KingShiro posted:

So are the additional class slots as useless as they were in blops 2? Not being able to change pages in matches and such.

Yes. But I bought them just the same.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

But...why?

I'm being serious. Is there a useful reason to have them? Can you even access them in custom games?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes. But I bought them just the same.

:negative: so dumb.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PleasusChrist posted:

But...why?

I'm being serious. Is there a useful reason to have them? Can you even access them in custom games?

I set up the tabs for each game mode. So I have a ton of silenced poo poo on my HC tab, bunch of poo poo with mask/shield for Dom. You can copy/paste entire tabs so setting one main tab then editing the rest is not that complicated. Oh I also have a tab for whichever guns I'm leveling where it's all a bunch of poo poo and 1 backup class for when I get mad.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

PleasusChrist posted:

I have different sets for different game modes. I did think it was more useful in Black Ops 2 where I felt there was greater difference in usefulness of items across different game modes. Still I find it useful to have different class setups for HC Dom, HC KC, Core Dom, Core Safeguard, Core TDM, S&D, etc. For example I use a pretty different set of guns in HC (Razorback, Razorback, Razorback, and... uh... Razorback) than in Core (VMP, M8A7), and Trip Mines are so much more useful on Safeguard defense than elsewhere. I also get more granular with the intended use of a class, like I might have a Dom flag-taking class that had smokes and trophies that would be utterly useless in TDM or HC Dom. I also like being able to switch between game modes without having to alter any classes.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

venutolo posted:

I also get more granular with the intended use of a class, like I might have a Dom flag-taking class that had smokes and trophies that would be utterly useless in TDM or HC Dom.

Sure you do...

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

venutolo posted:

like I might have a Dom flag-taking class that had smokes and trophies that would be utterly useless in TDM or HC Dom. I also like being able to switch between game modes without having to alter any classes.

At what point have you taken a flag in Dom?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I set up the tabs for each game mode. So I have a ton of silenced poo poo on my HC tab, bunch of poo poo with mask/shield for Dom. You can copy/paste entire tabs so setting one main tab then editing the rest is not that complicated. Oh I also have a tab for whichever guns I'm leveling where it's all a bunch of poo poo and 1 backup class for when I get mad.

This is exactly how I use them. Also I put in a tab for challenges that need specific setups, like combos of perks or attachments etc.

Also I've taken a week off to play some sweet rear end saints row 4 but will be back. I should be done with gat out of hell in another day or so.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Hackan Slash posted:

Sure you do...

Pretty_Llama posted:

At what point have you taken a flag in Dom?

IT WAS ENTIRELY HYPOTHETICAL!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

PleasusChrist posted:

You can always get to 5, let someone kill you then go get another 5 while killing whoever killed you. That way you get both the bloodthirsties and the revenge medals you need :eng101:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

venutolo posted:

Hypothetical implies it's possible.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I bought Dark Souls 3 today.

Let me know when extinction 2 comes out.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

You can always get to 5, let someone kill you then go get another 5 while killing whoever killed you. That way you get both the bloodthirsties and the revenge medals you need :eng101:

That would have been fine if I needed the revenge kills anymore, but I just needed the bloodthirsties. It's all good though. Diamond SMG's are done, and now I get to never use the Razorback ever again!

For those that have done the DM grind, is there any order you did it in that you liked? I'm done with snipers, AR's, SMG's, and launchers. I think pistols are going suck. And the Gorgon.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

PleasusChrist posted:

That would have been fine if I needed the revenge kills anymore, but I just needed the bloodthirsties. It's all good though. Diamond SMG's are done, and now I get to never use the Razorback ever again!

For those that have done the DM grind, is there any order you did it in that you liked? I'm done with snipers, AR's, SMG's, and launchers. I think pistols are going suck. And the Gorgon.

I'm finding LMGs (Gorgon included) infinitely more enjoyable than SMGs like the weevil, pharos, and razorback.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

venutolo posted:

As a slayer you use smoke grenades as a distraction to help kill people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone playing this tonight, or is everyone playing the Dark Souls.

• Locked thread