Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

There is a US 202 that goes through some northeast states, but I'm not sure if that classifies as a true "Interstate."

Carillo operates out of the Valley of the Sun, or he used to, so probably AZ 202.

edit: Chandler isn't really parallel but I can imagine scenarios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Nenonen posted:

Ban WD from this thread immediately before they rape thread saints Tove Jansson and Jackel Rod!

I don't follow this very closely but are these artists actually drawing WD or is Zakour just aping their style and pretending? Because if this is a question of actual guest artists, then it cannot be sacrilege or anything like that.

If Zakour is doing this all himself then its just really, really sad and pathetic.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

He must be imitating, I don't think you could get Watterson to be complicit in this at gunpoint.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 09/20/15

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Blaze seems to be recovering quite nicely.

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

I'm sure that Brooke doesn't start out to make everyone in his comics act like creeps, it just ends up that way.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Holy poo poo look at how depressed that chicken lady is :(

Inspector Danger

Deep Dark Fears

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Oh Hil. You don't want to go Alternate Universe. You want to go Expanded Universe. That lets you build on your core canon in a quasi-canonical way while also giving you an out to ditch the EU continuity at a later date

Trilobite posted:

Basically, none of those assholes had any reason to fly back to the loving midwest to watch an old movie serial together, let alone go on a quest to find the star of that serial and offer him a job that they have absolutely no ability to give him.

Hey, Baituck understands the interwebs. If you can kickstart a movie theater you can kickstart a movie, and if you can kickstart a movie you can decide how it's cast even if someone else owns the IP.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SomeMathGuy posted:

The same way Crankshaft can take place ten years prior to Funky Winkerbean while simultaneously sharing identical technology standards: Batiuk is a hack.
Look, that's very simple. Crankshaft takes place in the present.

Funky Winkerbean takes place 10 years later, in the present.

I don't understand what the problem is. :confused:

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

Wait is this an Inspector Danger that gives you what you need to solve the puzzle in the strip??? what's going on here im scared

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Hello new av

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kennel posted:

Hmm, cockbutt? No, it's not that, either.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wallace the Brave

Dadding Badly

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wow, that is the most :smith: Rarebit Fiend ever.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zereth posted:

Wait is this an Inspector Danger that gives you what you need to solve the puzzle in the strip??? what's going on here im scared
I spent so long trying to figure out which of the other two it was, because I knew it couldn't be the one that looked exactly like the perpetrator. That's some Slylock Fox poo poo, Dick Danger is supposed to be on a whole other level!

Chimeric posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog
Bleeker is a robot babysitter. That is the purpose for which he was designed and built. And he hates it and is terrible at it. He looks forward to shutting off to recharge because it's time not spent with Skip. Karl is a vacuum cleaner that doesn't enjoy cleaning, he just has what a human would consider a mental illness, a pathological hate for dirt and untidiness. When he's not in a state of rage at the world's imperfections, he lives in fear of his own obsolescence. Refurb is the only happy robot, because either by accident or design, he has been effectively lobotomised, turned into a useless idiot kept alive to amuse his owner. This is a comedy.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Have you seen this Awesome Dog Comix?

Come on, Poncho, you could have gone a lot lower tech and drummed up some internet buzz for way cheaper.

Ballard Street

I never understood harley owners, but I have to admit I'd rather have that loud, gas-guzzling American steel dog than some plastic Japanese one any day of the week.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Yeah, it comes out of nowhere, doesn't make sense and ruins the well-written-but-melancholy ending that was already established, but this is nice too.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Bleeker is a robot babysitter. That is the purpose for which he was designed and built. And he hates it and is terrible at it. He looks forward to shutting off to recharge because it's time not spent with Skip. Karl is a vacuum cleaner that doesn't enjoy cleaning, he just has what a human would consider a mental illness, a pathological hate for dirt and untidiness. When he's not in a state of rage at the world's imperfections, he lives in fear of his own obsolescence. Refurb is the only happy robot, because either by accident or design, he has been effectively lobotomised, turned into a useless idiot kept alive to amuse his owner. This is a comedy.

"You have a purpose, Skip has a purpose! What's my purpose?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekP0LQEsUh0&t=52s

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The Sphinxster posted:

Carillo operates out of the Valley of the Sun, or he used to, so probably AZ 202.

edit: Chandler isn't really parallel but I can imagine scenarios.
Good to know. I figured he was drawing from reality.

Wanamingo posted:

Six Chix
Nancy

That's a terribly designed mug.

F Minus

Mary Worth

They better hurry since it's a little after 3.

Rex Morgan MD

It's like Montgomery, Alabama, all over again.

Secret Agent X-9

Keep your gun out! Make sure these fingerprints don't get away!

Apartment 3-G

Does his reaction prove he's a hypocrite, or that the feminists are right and inequality between the sexes is ingrained in the culture?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Fort Knox

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Tiggum posted:

I spent so long trying to figure out which of the other two it was, because I knew it couldn't be the one that looked exactly like the perpetrator. That's some Slylock Fox poo poo, Dick Danger is supposed to be on a whole other level!
:eng101: He arrested the second dog because he's Italian.

quote:

Bleeker is a robot babysitter.... This is a comedy.
Let's not forget that that Skip has a serious case of "Urkel Syndrome" going on. IE: he's so annoying his own family doesn't want to spend time with him.

RandomFerret posted:

I never understood harley owners, but I have to admit I'd rather have that loud, gas-guzzling American steel dog than some plastic Japanese one any day of the week.
Hey c'mon man... :smith: Aibos have feeling too... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QYDpbLQ-To

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Strontium posted:

Garbage comics
Hopefully this will take some of the heat off me for posting Working Daze.

The Classic Dinette Set doesn't like to wait.

Working Daze is...surprisingly relevant. Stopped clock, I guess.

(Although a less-terrible punchline would have been "why is Melvin hanging from the water tower by his underwear?" It's amazing how much a little word rearranging can help!)

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix becomes a webcomic.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (February 9 and 11, 1929)

Peanuts (April 14, 1969)

America's Favorite Beagle takes a wrong turn and stumbles into a Dr. Seuss book.

Funky Winkerbean

I'm not buying it. After hearing that our handsome "star" was in something called Dino Deer, he's got to be under contract to The Asylum.

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 30-31, 1929)

Thimble Theater: On Black Tuesday, Castor finally gets an education. (October 29, 1929)

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

This last panel is fun because it has a bunch of guy's trademarks that he' struggling to fit all in one panel. Like...he HAS to put the support troop aid mug in there, but he ALSO has to put in fritzi's breasts, but he ALSO has to put down his signature and a bowl of frosted flakes! The solution: squish fritzi's torso such that her head is now as wide as her entire torso, devote a full half of the panel to cereal.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Okay, that's tortured even by Hilary's standards.

Pros and Cons

Edge of Blatant Trace Job

Selachian fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 11, 2016

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 19, 1951)

Barnaby (August 24, 1942)

Nancy (May 3, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 14, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 12, 1923)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

treasureplane posted:

Barnaby (August 24, 1942)

Comic Strip Megathread 10-2: Well, I can't convince him Mr. Jones is a Nazi Ogre

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

treasureplane posted:

Nancy (May 3, 1943)

A few months years ago Gilchrist straight up remade this gag.

I remember because I made this edit back then:

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Pentaro posted:

A few months years ago Gilchrist straight up remade this gag.

I remember because I made this edit back then:

Yes, this is a phenomenon well known to comic strip scholars, commonly referred to as degenerative reiteration or "gilchristification" as first defined in this seminal work of comic research from 1998:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Selachian posted:

Edge of Blatant Trace Job

Confirmation that it's just a fur print on swimsuit fabric.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

This could be a Tom Waits music video

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
If you're going to steal, steal from the best, I guess.

Real Life Adventures

Calvin and Hobbes

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Chimeric posted:

Wallace the Brave

I like this strip. Thanks for posting it.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

STDH.jpg

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Charles Schulz must have seen this, right?

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Slammy posted:

Feiffer (click for big)

loving goddamn.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (April 14, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (August 16-18, 1954)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Slammy posted:

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Comic Strip Megathread 10-2: With a ferret and a Sherlock Holmes complex

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Kavak posted:

loving goddamn.

Holy poo poo. My skin is crawling.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

With all the space free, why is he putting up his poster partially over the top of the one that was already there?

• Locked thread