Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Davincie posted:

he wants a slave

I stand corrected!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ChronoReverse posted:

Didn't he offer the 1st seat? That's not worth something?

He did not. Sure, it might be worth something. But he did not.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

He did not. Sure, it might be worth something. But he did not.

http://readms.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/162/3341/19
"With the first seat of the Elite 10 on the line"

Any single seat of the Elite 10 were considered worth more than Souma's expulsion back in the spring meeting. So the first seat is certainly more than equivalent exchange here.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Soma should refuse. Tsukasa hasn't offered anything if he loses. There is no material benefit to Soma accepting.

He offered the first seat position, and Soma already accepted.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I find that to be a bit ambiguous, but that might be :mangastream: translations at work again. I accept your interpretation.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Welp... Enjoy being Centrals bitch Soma.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Xavier Woods, WWE wrestler of the New Day (who came out at WrestleMania as Vegeta) says he wants to do a ring entrance cosplaying as Isshiki.

No, really.

quote:

IGN: So what other anime characters do you want to cosplay as? Who’s next on your bucket list?

Woods: I’m really into this anime called Food Wars. I don’t remember the name of the one that rocks the apron... Isshiki? I think it’s Isshiki. So, if I could somehow rock a PG Isshiki, then I’d be real happy!

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Xavier Woods, WWE wrestler of the New Day (who came out at WrestleMania as Vegeta) says he wants to do a ring entrance cosplaying as Isshiki.

No, really.

xavier woods' bare rear end and free-swinging dick and balls will save raw for sure

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

dordreff posted:

xavier woods' bare rear end and free-swinging dick and balls will save raw for sure

Agreed, unironically

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thats cool

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

dordreff posted:

Either that or appearing from the ceiling. That would be neat.

But naked apron would be better.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
didn't all the non-central elite ten get booted out? wouldn't they just do that to soma even if he did win??

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

dordreff posted:

Given Wrestlemania this past weekend? I don't doubt it. Holy poo poo, the salt.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

No, really.

Xavier woods rules. :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Wasn't this already done before?

If you're talking about his match with Kuga, that was a bit different. It was more like they both lost due to them having different interpretations of the contest. Which was pretty neat I thought.

Anyway, there's no way this'll legitimately go through if only because a shokugeki needs judges and like paperwork or whatever to be official. So they'll probably get halfway through this before Erina and Arato storm in and probably get it postponed or something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Given Wrestlemania this past weekend? I don't doubt it. Holy poo poo, the salt.

Anyway, Alice is the best girl but who's the best guy in this series? My vote's on Dōjima.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Anyway, Alice is the best girl but who's the best guy in this series? My vote's on Dōjima.

It's Isshiki. But I also like Kurokiba a lot.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The most cliche result to this situation would be for Souma to lose, but for Tsukasa to be like "I have changed my mind and acknowledge that your food is good/interesting enough that you should be able to develop it yourself." I really doubt this would happen, though, partly because it would fundamentally go against all Central stands for.

If I had to guess, I agree with the people who mentioned that something will cause this match to be called off. Maybe Tsukasa will inadvertently use some ingredient Souma is allergic to and lose on account of eating food you're allergic to being a thoroughly unenjoyable experience.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

The most cliche result to this situation would be for Souma to lose, but for Tsukasa to be like "I have changed my mind and acknowledge that your food is good/interesting enough that you should be able to develop it yourself." I really doubt this would happen, though, partly because it would fundamentally go against all Central stands for.

If I had to guess, I agree with the people who mentioned that something will cause this match to be called off. Maybe Tsukasa will inadvertently use some ingredient Souma is allergic to and lose on account of eating food you're allergic to being a thoroughly unenjoyable experience.

Or a different version of that scenario where Tsukasa says, "You know what, I changed my mind. You're not good enough to be my sous-chef anymore."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Or Tsukasa wins handily but he's far too shy to actually get out and ask for him to come assist him afterwards and it only happens like twice throughout the entire manga.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

I'm betting on this it would be a good "shaking the pillars" of central route

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Angry Grimace posted:

No, really.

His partner Big E pretty much beat him to it last Thanksgiving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22a3v_A_xfo

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Soma loses and Erina has to go Shokugeki him back from Central's clutches.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Souma wins and Tsukasa has to be Isshiki's assistant.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Ytlaya posted:

I'm guessing Erina will stop the match and tell him off for challenging Tsukasa without having a clue how good he is.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Given that there isn't an expulsion on the line this time, I'd to see Souma just plain lose. He can be an assistant at Central, for at least a while, and that wouldn't totally kill the story the way him being expelled would. Actually, I figured the whole point of not betting his entire career for once was so that he could be allowed to lose with relatively little consequence.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Souma loses, is forced to work for Central, then Erina ~heroically~ agrees to give herself up to her father in exchange for Souma's freedom.

Souma must now rescue Erina.

~ Shounen ~

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm gonna be really mad if Erina join central at all after this latest chapter. Like before I thought it was inevitable but her talk with Alice was really good and basically addressed everything I wasn't liking about her reactions to this whole arc. So i'm almost convinced it's not going to happen anymore.

Please prove me right SnS, I was right to have faith in Kurokiba so I hope I am also right to have faith in your general narrative.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I dunno, Souma has never had to face the slightest negative consequence from his penchant for insane bets. Why start now?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
What if Souma loses and Erina Shokugekis to get him out.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm betting that as soon as an step is made to make the shokugeki official, Azami halts it for reasons. Alternatively, because of all of the Central stuff, the Shokigeki has to be pushed back for months

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm gonna be really mad if Erina join central at all after this latest chapter. Like before I thought it was inevitable but her talk with Alice was really good and basically addressed everything I wasn't liking about her reactions to this whole arc. So i'm almost convinced it's not going to happen anymore.

Please prove me right SnS, I was right to have faith in Kurokiba so I hope I am also right to have faith in your general narrative.

As much as I like Alice (best girl? YOU BET), this manga is not without its dumb moments. I'm still salty about the whole “we have to get Erina away from her dipshit dad!”. Wasn't old man Senzaemon still her legal guardian in account of Erina's dad being both physically and emotionally abusive towards her? “Tee-hee! The majority of theElite 10 voted in favor of this guy becoming our new director, plus Erina's legal custody! ”

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Student councils are the ultimate authority when it comes to custody rights.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
This is manga, everything occurs for the sake of drama.

It's kinda more silly to get upset about it because this wasn't exactly presented as a completely realistic, absolutely logical and wholly down-to-earth story from day 1. There really isn't "breaking of suspension of disbelief" going on here unless you had severe cognitive dissonance and arbitrarily decided that you didn't like something and thus it breaks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kyte posted:

What if Souma loses and Erina Alice Shokugekis to get him out.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mostly just wanted more manly grampa fanservice. :(

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what if alice was real and my wife

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wark Say posted:

As much as I like Alice (best girl? YOU BET), this manga is not without its dumb moments. I'm still salty about the whole “we have to get Erina away from her dipshit dad!”. Wasn't old man Senzaemon still her legal guardian in account of Erina's dad being both physically and emotionally abusive towards her? “Tee-hee! The majority of theElite 10 voted in favor of this guy becoming our new director, plus Erina's legal custody! ”

I'm never going to expect the manga to abide by real-life rules and kind of operate on its own internal logic that would never be accepted in reality. But I honestly think its been really good with its characters and I hope it keeps that up. Especially with Erina since compared to most other characters she's not too entertaining and I would like her to become more cool. Because if Alice believes in her I want to as well.

Wark Say posted:

I mostly just wanted more manly grampa fanservice. :(

I do understand this completely though. :(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm never going to expect the manga to abide by real-life rules and kind of operate on its own internal logic that would never be accepted in reality. But I honestly think its been really good with its characters and I hope it keeps that up. Especially with Erina since compared to most other characters she's not too entertaining and I would like her to become more cool. Because if Alice believes in her I want to as well.

Certainly. Also, Erina did the one thing nobody else has topped: Getting hit with the realization that, even if the kid was kind of a douche from her perspective, she's been antagonizing her idol's son for no goddamn reason and, as such, has been sticking her foot in her mouth for the better part of a year. That spread was loving golden.

There's only been a few panels / 1-or-2-page spreads that have been better, and that's because they're either so goddamn gorgeous that I wouldn't mind to have them as posters on my wall or bona-fide funnier (Akira vs Souma as gladiators, Megumi vs Ryou Stand battle, Looming Alice, crybaby Alice, delinquent Megumi, The Meat General, among a select few more)

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I do understand this completely though. :(
I swear to loving god if they take naked apron senpai off the story, I will stop reading this manga. :argh:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Davincie posted:

what if alice was real and my wife

you would be significantly wealthier, both in money and spirit. you would either post much less or all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
If this manga were real goons with spoons would be amazing.