Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
There's no rule against how many requests you make. If you wanna make more you can. However, if (for example) you request every game ever released for the PlayStation 2, I will ignore you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Request: NightCry. Screenshot, since with video 90% of the game is slowly walking around.

This game is like a catalogue of bad writing cliches from adventure games and is potentially hilarious. (Honestly, I'd do it myself but for the fact that using screenshots from someone else's longplay is probably bad and I couldn't stand to play through the thing personally...)

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Thinking back on my Sega Saturn fun-days, I'd like to request Gex 1, Clockwork Knight and a 100% playthrough of Virtua Cop.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 11, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'd love to see an LP showcasing Renowned Explorers: International Society for the PC. I'm enjoying this simulation game where you're a party of Indiana Jones-esque people exploring the world in search of knowledge, secrets and treasure (and enough renown to upstage your rival). I'd be interested to see either a blind run dedicated to showing the LPer learn and master the game, though I'd also enjoy seeing in what ways the game can be completely broken.

There's all sorts of choices in the game for thread participation.

Would probably work best with screenshots.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I'd love to see an LP showcasing Renowned Explorers: International Society for the PC. I'm enjoying this simulation game where you're a party of Indiana Jones-esque people exploring the world in search of knowledge, secrets and treasure (and enough renown to upstage your rival). I'd be interested to see either a blind run dedicated to showing the LPer learn and master the game, though I'd also enjoy seeing in what ways the game can be completely broken.

There's all sorts of choices in the game for thread participation.

Would probably work best with screenshots.
It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but a guy did a semi blind video run through for the game for the roguelike megathread that I thought was pretty enjoyable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIrmV_cEMJA. I mean it might be something to take a look at while you wait for a more proper LP.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Niggurath posted:

It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but a guy did a semi blind video run through for the game for the roguelike megathread that I thought was pretty enjoyable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIrmV_cEMJA. I mean it might be something to take a look at while you wait for a more proper LP.

Oh, I'd never have thought to look there! Thank you!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Oh, I'd never have thought to look there! Thank you!
Yeah, the updates are super long and the audio balance is a bit poo poo in the first video. But I found it pretty good all around; there were so many good LP's in the roguelike thread and showed off some great games. Like I wouldn't mind a more in-depth look at Ironclad.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Niggurath posted:

Like I wouldn't mind a more in-depth look at Ironclad.

I assume you mean Ironclad Tactics? Unless you are, in fact, referring to Ironclad.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I see a LP for Koudelka on the master list but nothing in the LP archive.

I assume there's no way to view it without the archived update. Nor can we request it into the LP Archives, right?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Golden Goat posted:

I assume there's no way to view it without the archived update. Nor can we request it into the LP Archives, right?

Better wait for a new LP, the one who made that one was banned (for a good reason).

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Better wait for a new LP, the one who made that one was banned (for a good reason).

Thank you, I wont ask about the ban details.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Yeah I was gonna say I think baldurk does actually accept archive requests on the behalf of others but that particular poster had his non-joint LPs taken down.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Unless the punishment was from something in the LP in question (in this case not), I don't see how it's relevant. It's the quality of the work that matters.

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014

Golden Goat posted:

It's not an SA LP, but I watched a YouTube LP of Koudelka that had a lot of SA hallmarks (skipping random encounters once the viewers know how they work, no facecam, player knows the game and shows off all the different endings, etc.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYP-JvRlwdE

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

MonstrousMouse posted:

It's not an SA LP, but I watched a YouTube LP of Koudelka that had a lot of SA hallmarks (skipping random encounters once the viewers know how they work, no facecam, player knows the game and shows off all the different endings, etc.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYP-JvRlwdE

Cool, thank you.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So, I don't know whether I want an LP of SUPERHOT or not. On one hand, the plot is by far best experienced firsthand and commentary could be a bit of an issue. On the other hand, the game is rather pricey for it's length and the game provides a good chance for a display of skill. If someone else seconds the idea, consider it requested.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lacedaemonius posted:

Unless the punishment was from something in the LP in question (in this case not), I don't see how it's relevant. It's the quality of the work that matters.

This isn't some work of art we're talking here, you can live your life without reading a rapist's screenshot LP.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Zanzibar Ham posted:

This isn't some work of art we're talking here, you can live your life without reading a rapist's screenshot LP.
I can live without a lot of things, what's your point? Once again, if it's not related to the content itself it's not relevant.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think it's kinda relevant in that you might not wanna read an lp that's done by a goddamn creep

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Also it's a decision that Baldurk has clearly already made soooooooooooo

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
OH MAN, LOOKS LIKE A BUNCH OF NEW REQUESTS IN THE LP REQUEST THREAD! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT--

:yikes:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

his lps sucked anyway

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
OH LOOK, SOMA IS ON THE REQUEST LIST AND THERE'S AN LP OF IT GOING ON!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

LogicalFallacy posted:

I assume you mean Ironclad Tactics? Unless you are, in fact, referring to Ironclad.
Yeah, I'm a dingus and that's what I meant.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing someone else give a crack at Robot Alchemic Drive. The last one has long since been abandoned and it always seemed like an interesting game to me. I also hope at some point I can get Gregory Horror Show working enough to where I can LP it, cause drat, that's a weird rear end game that people need to see.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Niggurath posted:

Yeah, I'm a dingus and that's what I meant.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing someone else give a crack at Robot Alchemic Drive. The last one has long since been abandoned and it always seemed like an interesting game to me. I also hope at some point I can get Gregory Horror Show working enough to where I can LP it, cause drat, that's a weird rear end game that people need to see.

Given that it is one of my favorite games of all time, if I can figure out LPing a ps2 game(and figure out getting it running well on an emulator, as I have no way to record directly off a ps2. An interesting factoid about RAD: it is on old black backed DVD that early PS2s lose the ability to read as they age. I went through 3 PS2s just to continue playing RAD) I will probably give RAD a shot.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Doc Morbid posted:

Yes, this would be fantastic. The PC version can be difficult to get to work on modern systems (I tried to install it on Windows 7 a few years ago and didn't get it to work, there may be a workaround but I didn't care enough to check) but you can probably emulate the PSX version.
The game looks kind of terrible anyway, so playing the inferior version (which, for a game released in 1999, I'd wager is the PSX one) would be preferable for maximum pain/comedy.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Niggurath posted:

Yeah, the updates are super long and the audio balance is a bit poo poo in the first video. But I found it pretty good all around; there were so many good LP's in the roguelike thread and showed off some great games. Like I wouldn't mind a more in-depth look at Ironclad.

Oh well, I tried watching but the game doesn't work right by me for a video LP. I'll try watching it in small bits here and there but will continue hoping for a screenshot playthrough to follow. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

anilEhilated posted:

Oh, yeah, here's one. I'd love to see an LP of Gods Will Be Watching. It's an interesting take on adventure game where it's very possible to gently caress up and you have limited time and resources. The result is a game that's both very engaging and extremely frustrating to play; doing an LP would be a favor to gamerdom.

I'm planning on going through this one after I've finished my current LP, which I should finish in a few days time.

Just a heads up, it will be very short, as 90% of this utterly ridiculous (and amazing) game is trial and error while failing spectacularly.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Zenithe posted:

I'm planning on going through this one after I've finished my current LP, which I should finish in a few days time.

Just a heads up, it will be very short, as 90% of this utterly ridiculous (and amazing) game is trial and error while failing spectacularly.
Great, looking forward to that one! I thought it was about figuring out the proper sequences of actions but, uh, never got quite that far. So I'd really like to see what comes after the second scene.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Excuse me, but I don't see my request for a video LP of Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard in the OP.

EDIT: oh because I made it in August, jesus.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

whitehelm posted:

I still want to see the 2 Journeyman Project games.

All three of the series are on my to-do list unless someone beats me too it. I'm almost at the end of my current LP and have a couple of others lined up. After two year plus long LP's I'm wanting to do a few shorter projects before I jump into another game series.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

I still dream of the day Geop does another Dark Souls/Bloodborne LP.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I see Apotheon. I've played a bit, but it seems twitchy. It is also gorgeous. Would the masses prefer video, or screenshots?

AielloA
Dec 3, 2014
So since it hasn't been done yet, apparently, I'd like to request an LP of Dark Souls 3. Hybrid, preferably, with video for boss fights and other forms of action sequence, and screenshots to talk about items/lore and the like.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

AielloA posted:

So since it hasn't been done yet, apparently, I'd like to request an LP of Dark Souls 3. Hybrid, preferably, with video for boss fights and other forms of action sequence, and screenshots to talk about items/lore and the like.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772090

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

I see Apotheon. I've played a bit, but it seems twitchy. It is also gorgeous. Would the masses prefer video, or screenshots?
You can't really do its amazingly wonky physics justice in screenshots. Nothing like hitting an enemy with a rock in order to catapult them into high orbit.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd like to put up a request for Imperium Galactica 1+2.

Gemcrim
May 26, 2014

Straight outta Sumaru
In lieu of the eternal wait for Mother 4 I'd like to see the only Mother/Earthbound fangame of any note (to me) LP'd; Mother: Cognitive Dissonance.

I expect it to be riffed on for a slow start and daring to be an RPG maker game but would like to have discussion on later parts that have more polish. Maybe a hybrid LP to show off battles and music used in certain places?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Is anyone planning on doing a Pillar of Eternity lp? Barring that I've love a Might and Magic 6/7 run just for funsies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Someone should show off a bunch of the old ZZT games. Would work for a great megathread actually since there's so many. You could also throw MegaZeux into the mix.

• Locked thread