Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I like the Rose and Dirk :words: one, and wish that was what we were getting in the comic right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Over the course of Homestuck, how many times have Rose and Jade spoke to each other?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Daius posted:

Over the course of Homestuck, how many times have Rose and Jade spoke to each other?

Twice, I think? Once in a flashback, once where Doc Scratch butted in.

Their lack of a relationship is one of the comic's bigger missteps, in my opinion. Kind of wish that panel with them had been in the comic, just so we could get some impression of the friendship they have.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I think there was a third time where Rose hits Jade up briefly to co-ordinate something, but yeah, it was sparse, and I agree with that criticism for sure.

e: on checking this, it looks like it was actually a total of six times once you include the Doc Scratch conversation. So more than I thought - but almost all of them in the early acts, years and years ago.

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 11, 2016

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm a bit bummed about how we didn't get Homestuck Vol 10 - seeing as the full discography is on sale, that kinda removes the possibility of any more stuff being sold, right? Collide is cool, but I was really hoping for one more really good big album.

But now that I think of it, So wait, what -is- Act 7 going to be? In his update schedule, it's just mentioned it will be a single update. Initially I assumed it was going to be a single animation, but the fact he doesn't call it an animation in the update schedule like he did with collide is starting to make me think otherwise. Also with my previous thinking I'm assuming a new animation couldn't contain any new music, which would almost be odd when Collide was all new mixes?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's 2 html pages and "something that has never been done in a webcomic before". I'm guessing something interactive, but maybe not exactly a walkaround. We'll see!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Hussie has finally created the Double Reacharound virus for real and Act 7 gives it to all of his readers.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Hussie will somehow emerge from our computer screens and shoot us. We will all finally be free from Homestuck and this mortal coil

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Color Printer posted:

Hussie will somehow emerge from our computer screens and shoot us. We will all finally be free from Homestuck and this mortal coil

it's no more than we deserve

feels weird Homestuck is ending in like two days. There feels like there's so much to do, and I've still got whiplash from the abruptness. Hussie, supreme overlord of doing nothing quickly, has done everything in a week. With practically 0 assets he drew himself.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
i should probably get around to actually reading all the homestuck things i didnt read, so i can conclusively put some closure to this entire thing

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Freak Futanari posted:

i should probably get around to actually reading all the homestuck things i didnt read, so i can conclusively put some closure to this entire thing

depends on the things you didn't read

like, if you didn't read the first half of act 6 or any log involving callie, you're in the clear

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

depends on the things you didn't read

like, if you didn't read the first half of act 6 or any log involving callie, you're in the clear

i'm pretty sure i stopped around the part where roxy did some stuff and i think she met john and elevatorstuck played again and i thought "i hate this song" and i never read homestuck after that

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

sitchelin posted:

the nancho party ended on a cliffhanger

you know what has to be done

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Android Blues posted:

It's 2 html pages and "something that has never been done in a webcomic before". I'm guessing something interactive, but maybe not exactly a walkaround. We'll see!

I was trying to find the cite for that quote, but all I could find was requotes on Tumblr. Do you know the source?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I was trying to find the cite for that quote, but all I could find was requotes on Tumblr. Do you know the source?

I totally don't, I think we're in the same boat. The 2 html pages thing of course is from igpd.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It could be like that seminal textual source, Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum, where in the end it turns out that when you walk outside, that's part of the museum too. Similarly, in Homestuck, everything in the whole wide world will be canon.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It could be like that seminal textual source, Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum, where in the end it turns out that when you walk outside, that's part of the museum too. Similarly, in Homestuck, everything in the whole wide world will be canon.

i can't wait to be a homestuck character, and die like four times, for no good reason?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

so how fast are John and Roxy gonna die

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

i can't wait to be a homestuck character, and die like four times, for no good reason?

freak futasprite

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

It was .... your destiny Paradox Space. What makes you think you were good enough to enter the Medium? All of us are dead from the meteor storm, and good riddance.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It was .... your destiny Paradox Space. What makes you think you were good enough to enter the Medium? All of us are dead from the meteor storm, and good riddance.

i'm gonna be a main character and talk to cool aliens

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Is this it

Is this where we go into Unironic Roleplay

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
finally... my fantroll's time to shine.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
D --> Yes

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Android Blues posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some type of interactive page where the audience can all talk to each other.

Or, at least, a reiteration of the praying ending to EarthBound or the naming ending to The Never Ending Story.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Android Blues posted:

I know one of the artists who did walkaround maps, and hussie didn't ask for another one so...

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
by the way, i'll keep taking art requests until the end of homestuck, to try to provide the thread with content other than debating the time-spatial integrity of the mario death march & perpetual plumber pit falling.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

haha I got a funny idea haha what if you drew Vriska swallowing Nepeta whole lol wouldn't that be wild haha do it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WAR FOOT posted:

orange horns.

How Special Snowflake were their troll's horns?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Do an art where the people posting on this thread are homestucks or whatever

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Freak Futanari posted:

by the way, i'll keep taking art requests until the end of homestuck, to try to provide the thread with content other than debating the time-spatial integrity of the mario death march & perpetual plumber pit falling.

Alternate take on one scene in Collide, where Dave fucks up and doesn't break Dirk's sword, failing to decapitate anyone. Dialogue and reaction to that is up to you.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

*turns on overhead projector* now if youll recall our previous discussion about Toroidal Mario Persistence Theory, the basic starting point we should be thinking of is the 5 dimensional Mario that exists at all points in time and space simultaneously

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Detective Buttfuck posted:

haha I got a funny idea haha what if you drew Vriska swallowing Nepeta whole lol wouldn't that be wild haha do it

and then Nepeta clawing her way out like a chestburster alien

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Freak Futanari posted:

draw mario as a troll

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zebia posted:

Alternate take on one scene in Collide, where Dave fucks up and doesn't break Dirk's sword, failing to decapitate anyone. Dialogue and reaction to that is up to you. It says "Legendary Piece of poo poo" above Dave's sword.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Freak Futanari posted:

Tinkerbull shooting Jake.

It's only fair.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

finally... my fantroll's time to shine.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Yes, that would actually be perfect.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007