Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalenn Istarion posted:

It was a choice to only send a squad, it seems we were off by a small amount on the dps required. :shrug:

Yeah, at the time both Orange Juche and I were under the assumption it was JDC skill issues not numbers being sent in issues. Someone on Discord explained it was the numbers jumping in and a bit of a cyno problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenWing posted:

jesus tapdancing christ I will never understand the gigantic hate-boner people have for TMDC. It was a really enjoyable EVE-news site for a long time. Hell, it's halfway passable now. What is the reason for disliking it, other than "I don't like it when mittens does a thing :saddowns:"

Nerds get jealous of IRL entrepreneurship because they can't handle the dissonance of being both ISK rich and cash poor.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

What does the MBA plan to do with imperium space once they take it all? I assume it's getting carved up and distributed "evenly" between the member groups? I imagine that will be a drama-free and fair process.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

vyst posted:

You're pretty bad at this

something something pastebin papers

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comstar posted:

Quite a catchy tune.

Not safe to listen to at work: Sindel Pellion That's How We Know (You F*cked Up)

I like this song.

What's it based off/parodying?

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

InternetJunky posted:

What does the MBA plan to do with imperium space once they take it all? I assume it's getting carved up and distributed "evenly" between the member groups? I imagine that will be a drama-free and fair process.

afaik TEST is the only one who has laid a claim for anything in the north, they're likely going to take pieces/all of deklein as a giant gently caress You to GSF

HORDE may also abandon the south for something up north, because that's supposedly going to be the site of the next foreverwar for the next 5 years and Gobbins is all about content

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

no im v unchill

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

InternetJunky posted:

Doesn't matter, PLANC alt-corps will be placed in every alliance to tower all the valuable moons.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Goatman Sacks posted:

Maybe they made some poo poo up because they just thought you were a dick

nah, metrics was the wrong word though and for that my bad

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Helicon One posted:

Doesn't matter, PLANC alt-corps will be placed in every alliance to tower all the valuable moons.

:allears:

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfunny Poster posted:

I like this song.

What's it based off/parodying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g2jv_2HwXo

Possibly the least norwegian norwegian music video you could imagine.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

hello dragons talker two only here to post because its a slow day at work after 4 years of not remembering your sa account exists

db19182002
Apr 6, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

jesus tapdancing christ I will never understand the gigantic hate-boner people have for TMDC. It was a really enjoyable EVE-news site for a long time. Hell, it's halfway passable now. What is the reason for disliking it, other than "I don't like it when mittens does a thing :saddowns:"

or it could be articlles like this https://www.themittani.com/features/how-iwi-made-criminals-ccp-and-me that make people a little annoyed with them even if it is an opinion piece. Considering at one point in time tmc was sponsoring a gaming website https://www.themittani.com/news/evening-games-club-goes-live.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LemonDrizzle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g2jv_2HwXo

Possibly the least norwegian norwegian music video you could imagine.

Neat.

Thanks.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

hello dragons talker two only here to post because its a slow day at work after 4 years of not remembering your sa account exists

is infrequent posting against the rules or something?

you must post this often to ride this ride?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you're doing that thing where you're insanely tryhard shilling again

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenWing posted:

I was never a fan of him using alliance isk to pay his writers for his own benefit. I don't see how that's all that different than CEOs RMTing their alliances money.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Daruna posted:

much like Trump, I don't believe TMC writers actually believe the poo poo they write and know that they're doing it to drive people into a frenzy

on the other hand...

These seem to show some internal dissent at some of the less logical moves TMC pulls off, so maybe this also extends to the clickbait articles?

It's like watching people formulating and towing the party line in action.

Why do they keep changing the name over and over? It's not even the name mittens himself has used up until this point? Is it some kind of narrative thing? Literally the entire community uses the World War Bee name now except for a select handful of zealots. Is it because the war is totally outside of their control so they're trying to hold on to some semblance of self-determination? At this point, even their own readership (whats left of it outside GSF proper I suppose) is going to be confused because they've used 20 different names for a conflict whereas the community at large uses one that is wholly different. And that's the one people will remember long into the future.

Is "War of Sovless Aggression" some kind of awful, awful play on what Confederates cheekily called the Civil War? How is that even applicable in any way to what is happening here? Also are images and rhetoric of long dead Confederates really what TMC wants to conjure in justification of their narrative? Because the Confederate cause was so incredibly just, right? What an unbelievably neckbearded name to come up with.

I'm so confused. :confuoot:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 11, 2016

djent
Nov 28, 2013

It's metal to like clowns
good posters only post when they have something worth posting

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

It's like watching people formulating and towing the party line in action.

Why do they keep changing the name over and over? It's not even the name mittens himself has used up until this point? Is it some kind of narrative thing? Literally the entire community uses the World War Bee name now except for a select handful of zealots. Is it because the war is totally outside of their control so they're trying to hold on to some semblance of self-determination?

I'm so confused. :confuoot:

to be fair it's a bad name and i say this with an ego

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Daruna posted:

It's mostly because even though we may act like idiots we aren't actually idiots and your recent posting spate is pretty transparent. Of course you are free to :justpost: as much as you like but don't feign surprise when we call you out for concern trolling and being a shill for the other team.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I just lost my Aeon on sisi, ama

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

djent posted:

*fart*

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Goatman Sacks posted:

I was never a fan of him using alliance isk to pay his writers for his own benefit. I don't see how that's all that different than CEOs RMTing their alliances money.

Man, you must be really stupid then

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Goatman Sacks posted:

I mean it wasn't exactly a secret, it was loving pennies, and holy poo poo that's not RMT, that's paying space people space money to write articles about space for the space community and having some ads so that maybe you can keep doing your space thing without losing money hand over fist because you're operating a significant set of web services pro bono.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

djent posted:

lol

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

This thread is making me see what reddit would be like if it was concentrated on one thread.

I don't like it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

If I was a skilled writer, I would gladly take isk over cash to write part time about spaceships

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Oodles posted:

This thread is making me see what reddit would be like if it was concentrated on one thread.

I don't like it.

nowhere near dude, nowhere near

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Daruna posted:

joining an internet comedy forum for which you paid :10bux: and then only posting in the eve thread to shill against the prevailing opinion is dumb and bad happy to help

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

db19182002 posted:

or it could be articlles like this https://www.themittani.com/features/how-iwi-made-criminals-ccp-and-me that make people a little annoyed with them even if it is an opinion piece. Considering at one point in time tmc was sponsoring a gaming website https://www.themittani.com/news/evening-games-club-goes-live.

Given that TMDC is not incorporated in Florida, I don't really see the problem.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Oodles posted:

I don't like it.

There aren't nearly enough fedora wearing, MRA apologist pedos for this to even come close to Reddit.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

joining an internet comedy forum for which you paid :10bux: and then only posting in the eve thread to shill against the prevailing opinion is dumb and bad happy to help

the rest of SA doesn't interest me sorry??

I post where I find interest, imagine that I find the eve thread interesting

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ChickenWing posted:

I mean it wasn't exactly a secret, it was loving pennies

:allears:

ChickenWing posted:

and holy poo poo that's not RMT, that's paying space people space money to write articles about space for the space community and having some ads so that maybe you can keep doing your space thing without losing money hand over fist because you're operating a significant set of web services pro bono.

Not that I'm disagreeing but:

1) Isk was used from the alliance wallet to pay writers
2) Those writers wrote articles, generating site traffic (or a large portion of the site traffic therein, as little was organic, and writers are still paid ISK for non-EVE articles)
3) The site traffic drove ad revenue because banners
4) Revenue from these banners via clicks provided via articles written with alliance ISK was enough to pay Tegi a slave wage salary in IRL money and allowed mittens (presumably) to pay server costs and pocket the rest of the IRL money
5) So you are literally converting ISK to IRL money and profit

But people are hurfblurfing over someone from TISHU accusing people of RMT

I'm just wondering if this is the correct line of logic, please correct me if I'm genuinely wrong, I'm not trying to be cheeky.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 11, 2016

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Daruna posted:

the rest of SA doesn't interest me sorry??

I post where I find interest, imagine that I find the eve thread interesting

so we come back to the point that you paid :10bux: to shill

which is arguably more bad and dumb

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Daruna posted:

much like Trump, I don't believe TMC writers actually believe the poo poo they write and know that they're doing it to drive people into a frenzy

on the other hand...

These seem to show some internal dissent at some of the less logical moves TMC pulls off, so maybe this also extends to the clickbait articles?

Lol "this is handed down from above"

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
So uhhh, any thoughts on this?

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you're doing that thing where you're insanely tryhard shilling again

Huge_Midget posted:

It's mostly because even though we may act like idiots we aren't actually idiots and your recent posting spate is pretty transparent. Of course you are free to :justpost: as much as you like but don't feign surprise when we call you out for concern trolling and being a shill for the other team.

sorry if it comes off as tryhard, I'm not trying to be. as far as you acting like idiots, I post because I can't tell whether you believe in the bullshit or not. When I do what I do it's to gauge whether or not that's the case. From the outside looking in you guys look like some indoctrinated motherfuckers, sorry if you're "just pretending" v0v

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Kimsemus posted:

5) So you are literally converting ISK to IRL money and profit
Pretty sure the difference is that CCP explicitly said that paying your article writers in ISK was allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

so we come back to the point that you paid :10bux: to shill

which is arguably more bad and dumb

5 years ago

i'm not so destitute that $10 in 2011 money really bothers me all that much.

• Locked thread