Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The team must go back and prevent Vandal Savage from founding Facebook. Leonard Snart and Mark Zuckerberg make fun of each other's names. Kendra and Ray change their relationship status to "it's complicated."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The team find themselves held hostage in the American embassy in Iran. Kendra falls in love with Jimmy Carter. Vandal Savage and Ra's al-Ghul get coffee.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

The team find themselves held hostage in the American embassy in Iran. Kendra falls in love with Jimmy Carter. Vandal Savage and Ra's al-Ghul get coffee.

Now do one where Sara seduces Anne Frank.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'd rather not spoil future episodes.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

boom boom boom posted:

Qu'est-ce que c'est

All I know abot this guy is that he got his face smashed in by Black Adam, Three Stooges-style.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Na'at posted:

Because the kids name wasn't Graffiti Barbarian or Hooligan Roughneck.

White people naming their kids extra retarded nonsense words in the future fits with the Lakyyyn style names popular now.

Per Degaton is an existing character with decades of history.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Per Degaton is an existing character with decades of history.
And Per is actually a legit Swedish first name, derivative of Peter.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope next season isn't time travel and the current writers figure out how to write a villain that's actually threatening and a hero team that's actually competent in using their abilities to solve problems

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

a hero team that's actually competent
You haven't watched these CW hero shows much, have you?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Asimo posted:

You haven't watched these CW hero shows much, have you?

To be fair, Wells, Caitlin, and Cisco are pretty competent. It's just that they are the team for one of the dumbest heroes ever who doesn't even listen to them most the time.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The team is perfect the way it is (except for Hawkgirl), but they do need some better villains in there.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Xelkelvos posted:

I hope next season isn't time travel and the current writers figure out how to write a villain that's actually threatening and a hero team that's actually competent in using their abilities to solve problems

Nah, they need a less competent team

They need to accidentally destroy Earth-2 through their incompetence.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

To be fair, Wells, Caitlin, and Cisco are pretty competent. It's just that they are the team for one of the dumbest heroes ever who doesn't even listen to them most the time.
Okay, that's fair. Still, it's the overall competency of the team as a whole that counts. :colbert:

Also the really depressing thing about this show is that, for all of FactsAreUseless' jokes, the writers have horribly squandered the time travel premise. There's a villain who's been around since ancient egypt and has had evil plots around the world throughout history and all they've really done with it is 20th century and a future episode that basically looks just like the 20th century except for some CGI robots. I mean, even Star Trek could scrounge up some period costumes for bottle episodes and holodeck plots or whatever on a fraction of this show's budget, it can't be that loving hard. But the writers just don't care.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vandal Savage must REALLY like his beard and haircut to never change it over thousands of years.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Vandal Savage must REALLY like his beard and haircut to never change it over thousands of years.

He's trained an entire family line to be his personal barbers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

He's probably like Wolverine, his hair resets to the point it was at when his powers activated.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

No, it's not. There's no long con involved at all. The birdpeople monsters, selling or buying the nuke, none of that had anything to do with his eventual rise to power. He just keeps randomly trying poo poo and failing completely on his own. He's a perpetual gently caress up who kept loving up for thousands of years, until he got lucky at the Degaton tutoring gig.

I think you should watch the first episode again where Rip clearly explains how Vandal works.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's 1455 and the Time Swallow has landed to escape pursuit from Chronos. A misplaced comment from Rip starts the War of the Roses. Ray trips over a horse.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

They should convert this show to improv. Give the actors a setting (e.g. 1500s England) and let them loose. See what comes out.

(Would probably be better than what we have now.)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Legends of Tommorow: Where Everything Is Made Up and the Timeline Doesn't Matter

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
"Ray trips over a horse," is the new best.

Na'at posted:

Because the kids name wasn't Graffiti Barbarian or Hooligan Roughneck.

If it soothes your sensibilities at all, Vandal Savage isn't even his real name.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The year: 6,000 BC. The place: Ur. The mission: Take down Gilgamesh before he joins the League of Assassins.

B-plots: Snart and Sara harass Vandal Savage on Twitter. Ray and Kendra are kidnapped at a swinger party in 2103.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I like this version of the show better, can we get this version of the show, tia

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Feels like someone should be making a Legends of Tomorrow Plot Generator.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Rhyno posted:

I can one up that.

His daughter is named Scandal.

Her brother Randall really lucked out.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Rhyno posted:

TV Savage is aware that he is immortal but is he aware that he is unkillable? They really need to show him getting nuked or something and shrugging it off.

The show has already demonstrated his one true weakness. Being shoved out of windows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Her brother Randall really lucked out.

His uncle Handle is kind of bitter though.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

No Butt Stuff posted:

The Dear Penthouse Letters of Anne Frank

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Adventures of Time Lesbian and Snart need to be a thing and a meme

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011
It is 1538 and our plucky gang have arrived in England where Vandal Savage is behind Henry VIII and the dissolution of the monasteries. Their appearance reignites the faith, and Henry never manages to secede from Rome and create the Church of England. Ray leaves a digital watch behind, forming the Handless Order of the Minutes and Seconds.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The year is 1921. The place is Teapot Dome, Wyoming. The team must uncover the depths of Harding's corruption - and Vandal Savage's connection to the administration. Stein makes a strong case for America's isolationist policies. Kendra takes a nap under a tree.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The year is 1860 BC. Rip brings the team to the Siege of Troy where Vandal Savage is leading a Greek mutiny. Snart and Rory spend an evening drinking wine with Hector. Sarah makes out with Aphrodite.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would definitely watch a show that was just Vandal Savage killing time through the ages with various hobbies.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would definitely watch a show that was just Vandal Savage killing time through the ages with various hobbies.

Hello, this is Vandal Savage, and I'd like to welcome you to The Joy of Painting.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Did they ever mention if Vandal Savage could have children?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In the Early 1990s Vandal Savage is almost finished raising one of those plants that takes thirty years to bloom and then dies, Ray must protect a young boy named Dennis who becomes a target after ruining Mr. Savage's blooming party. Rip is tricked into running a day camp by a drifter, and Snart must help a young gang of kids recover a valuable baseball from a junkyard dog.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vandal Savage was a good guy for twenty years in the 16th century, just to see what it was like. It was okay.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I think the best episode would be for the team to accidentally go to a time so far in the future, all of humanity is dead except Savage. Savage is super excited for company and invites the group to a lavish dinner. So basically just like that Justice League episode. For the rest of the series, no one is really into trying to kill Savage, since he once cooked them a decadent paella.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Professor Wayne posted:

I think the best episode would be for the team to accidentally go to a time so far in the future, all of humanity is dead except Savage. Savage is super excited for company and invites the group to a lavish dinner. So basically just like that Justice League episode. For the rest of the series, no one is really into trying to kill Savage, since he once cooked them a decadent paella.

Turns out Savage created the Time Masters to stop himself after this very thing happened and Rip hosed up his perfect plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Season 2 deals with the Time Masters' evil nemeses, the Crime Masters.

• Locked thread