Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im starting with assassin since that class starts with a no fall damage spell and an estoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Assassin for fall control

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Preloading

Unfortunately I get off work 5 hours after it unlocks... Oh well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I usually go with whatever class starts with nothing because I like building my first char around whatever random crap I find on the environment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One small question for the knowledgable, and you can answer with spoiler bars if you want: do you need to do any covenant grinding or play to NG+++++ or whatever to get the platinum

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My main character in bloodborne has 240 hours:shopkeeper:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

beepstreet posted:

About to put shorts on and hit the bench while trying to decide if I'm gonna roll deprived, merc or warrior.
same. Kind of want to be Deprived but it starts with 10 in all stats and that bothers me a lil. I don't want 10 Luck.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

somene please destroy the two retards that are going caster

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

in this day nd age it's extremely garbage to do a castr build as your first one in a souls game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

One small question for the knowledgable, and you can answer with spoiler bars if you want: do you need to do any covenant grinding or play to NG+++++ or whatever to get the platinum

It seems like it requires multiple playthroughs but not as many as DS2. new items drop in NG+ but I'm not sure about beyond that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

in this day nd age it's extremely garbage to do a castr build as your first one in a souls game

this. strength and faith baby. HOLY WARRIOR! HOOAH

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

same. Kind of want to be Deprived but it starts with 10 in all stats and that bothers me a lil. I don't want 10 Luck.

Luck is back??! I'm going pure Luck/Dex

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm gonna make an unbeatable character whos good at everything.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

:worship: :pray: :worship:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

If a caster has the lowest starting sl I may choose that and not use spells. But otherwise yes

Dec 26, 2012

Fungah! posted:

somene please destroy the two retards that are going caster

this

Dec 26, 2012

unless melee-range pyromancy is good again...then it's cool

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

If a caster has the lowest starting sl I may choose that and not use spells. But otherwise yes

deprived is always the only class that starts at sl1

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

unless melee-range pyromancy is good again...then it's cool

it's :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

That's not true

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

magic in general has been vastly sped up and buffed to be viable in both pve and pvp. in ds2 everything was strictly balanced around 1v1 pvp duels so a lot of offensive spells were just worthless for the actual game lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sl1 was pyromancer in DkS, and royalty in DeS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't even know if BB had a sl1 start because the starting classes are identical save for a few stat differences and I never looked into it, I would just pick the one with the highest stat of the weapon I was gonna use

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wow just finished playing this amazing game for 200 hundred hours now I have a girlfriend and a job crazy <--- me in a couple of weeks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont even remember BB having classes cause it didnt matter at all, by the end of an NG you could nearly max out all the stats lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scary ghost dog posted:

It starts at like 6 in DS2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe after the DLC but if you stick to the main game I was ending runs around level 60, which is enough for like one stat to 35 and some points in a secondary + endurance

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

Wow just finished playing this amazing game for 200 hundred hours now I have a girlfriend and a job crazy <--- me in a couple of weeks

this and ill also be loving ripped, hence the gf

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I don't even know if BB had a sl1 start because the starting classes are identical save for a few stat differences and I never looked into it, I would just pick the one with the highest stat of the weapon I was gonna use

lowest was bl4, waste of skin class

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

It starts at like 6 in DS2

wtf.....thats hosed up imo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Maybe after the DLC but if you stick to the main game I was ending runs around level 60, which is enough for like one stat to 35 and some points in a secondary + endurance

well you could rerun some later areas for very easy soul farming lol or just do the chalices which give you like 20x the souls that the base game does

in the end tho it didnt really matter, weapon levels and gems were way more important and i dont think the scaling mattered as much as it did in dark souls

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
blood gems were probably the worst thing about bloodborne but it was very satisfying getting the best ones.....im looking forward to not having to deal with them in ds3

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tfw you wake up at 2pm instead of 5pm like you planned...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

blood gems were probably the worst thing about bloodborne but it was very satisfying getting the best ones.....im looking forward to not having to deal with them in ds3

They would be cool if it didn't take one billion chalice dungeons to grind the best ones. I always ended up using the same ones every character because of the few set locations that had decent gems

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I will miss being able to basically camp the short root chalice for easy easy co-op

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

They would be cool if it didn't take one billion chalice dungeons to grind the best ones. I always ended up using the same ones every character because of the few set locations that had decent gems

ya i wish they werent random. diablo style loot has no place in dark souls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

If you hurry you can beat dark souls 1 before dark souls 3 unlocks

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Successful sesh and feeling swole... I decided on deprived because I want this first playthrough to be as memorable and tough as possible. I'm probably gonna aim towards STR/FTH and ideally use a big fuckin axe.

I'll save the merc / dex build for the PC version when I do that in a couple weeks so I can have the powerful combo of fluid fast move sets and 60fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

luck is cool, getting enemy items and armor is cool

• Locked thread