Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Takoluka posted:

Hype for the bad Vert game!

Also, it's time!!!!

IT'S A MOBILE GAME, PROBABLY

I'm crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MisterAlex posted:

It only says "Playable on PSP" on the demo store listing. I can just download it to my PS3 and transfer from there to the Vita, though?

yes, that works for everything that works on a psp. it does not work for playing on a pstv though

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

vc2 didn't work for me, pstv tho

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nothing works on a PSTV. Least of all, actual television. But games, too.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Sweet, then I'll probably play VC2 when I finish Muramasa. I loved Valkyria Chronicles; it very well may have been my favorite game on the PS3. I thought the combination of TRPG with free-roam shooter elements was just really neat, and the characters were all pretty great, too.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Asking here since this is on the front page and the pstv thread is buried or something.

If I grabbed a pstv, could I buy and play psp and psx games like say the tactics ogre remake or megaman legends on it?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Did the Tactics Ogre game for PSP/Vita come before or after Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis? I loved the one on GBA so if it's more of that, I'll be golden.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Much later. It's a remake of the original tactics ogre for the super Famicom /psx. Really the only thing I'll missed from selling my psp way back in the day

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

MinibarMatchman posted:

hello vita friends, thinking about getting a vita soon since I'm getting an extended bonus, mainly want it so I can play Muramasa and Dragon's Crown again but also would like to finally play FF Tactics on a non-tablet thing, as well as a bunch of PS1 classics. What are some other fun tactics and action games on the system, or PS3 crossbuys worth putting on?
Tactics Ogre

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Shadow225 posted:

If I grabbed a pstv, could I buy and play psp and psx games like say the tactics ogre remake or megaman legends on it?

Saoshyant posted:

Nothing works on a PSTV. Least of all, actual television. But games, too.

It's a crapshot. Classic games tend to work, but sometimes they don't for hilarious random reasons. You can check compatibility lists for the games you have in mind, that's the best you can do, really.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Let me tell you guys something, Skullgirls vita's ui is absolutely not built for the screens resolution. The game itself runs pretty well but it's extremely difficult to see the move inputs in the command list or trial mode or even the text in a lot of cases due to how blurred and down scaled everything is. It looks like what happens when you play a 720p game on a standard definition tv.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Shadow225 posted:

Asking here since this is on the front page and the pstv thread is buried or something.

You could with those games, but not all games (like Metal Gear Solid will not work ever) so you should check a list first to see if it has the things you want.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MisterAlex posted:

Sweet, then I'll probably play VC2 when I finish Muramasa. I loved Valkyria Chronicles; it very well may have been my favorite game on the PS3. I thought the combination of TRPG with free-roam shooter elements was just really neat, and the characters were all pretty great, too.

VC was seriously my favorite game on the PS3, so I enjoyed 2, but a lot of people had problems with it because of a few dumb problems. If you haven't already purchased it, consider the following:

The maps aren't big, open spaces anymore, but a few inter-connected smaller ones. Base capturing is a way bigger driving force in this one because that's how you get from section to section. You can't just bullshit rush a single scout layered with orders into the final camp from the get-go anymore.

The game also takes place in an academy setting, meaning a lot of what's going on outside of battles is High School Anime: The Game, and your units best potentials aren't gained, or worst aren't overridden, until you're best friends with them and unlock and play a character-specific mission. They're all basically like the mission in 1 where Welkin and Largo help clear a supply line, but there's one for each and every character, so it can be a slog to some.

Units level together, but get promoted separately. This is neat in theory, because it lets you really fully customize groups to fit certain mission types. But in practice, the rewards required to promote units are given out pretty much at random, so you sometimes don't get the character you want getting the reward they need. Like, you can have a single unit capture every base and kill a few leader units, and have them get 15 copies of the lowest rank award, while the shocktrooper who killed one guy while firing defensively gets a single instance of the greatest award available in that mission. It can be infuriating, and there's no way to trade awards between units.

All that being said, I personally loved it, and as long as you don't care about downgrades inherent to being on a portable system, and weird decisions in unit upgrades. It's still pretty solid, I think.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I liked valkyria chronicles 2, but wow yeah that upgrade system is one of the the worst I've seen

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

T_T

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shadow225 posted:

Much later. It's a remake of the original tactics ogre for the super Famicom /psx. Really the only thing I'll missed from selling my psp way back in the day

Man that sounds like my jam. loving loved playing Tactics Ogre back when FF Tactics Advance got a bit too easy. Never played anything past the GBA tactic games so playing FF Tactics: War of the Lions and the Ogre Battle game will be awesome.

on Valkyria Chronicles: does the faster framerate for the Steam version affect anything? I've heard it's the reason for why enemies will just loving murder you if you move too much or too little in line of fire. I liked playing it until I just got shot way too much for simply moving or not moving fast enough. It felt like a weird compromise between RTS and turn-based stuff that didn't work too well. Also kind of hated how you could literally aim perfectly at someone like an 3rd person shooter and still get misses.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zinkraptor posted:

Let me tell you guys something, Skullgirls vita's ui is absolutely not built for the screens resolution. The game itself runs pretty well but it's extremely difficult to see the move inputs in the command list or trial mode or even the text in a lot of cases due to how blurred and down scaled everything is. It looks like what happens when you play a 720p game on a standard definition tv.

Can you even play it properly on the Vita, with the left stick getting in the way of d-pad input?

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Can you even play it properly on the Vita, with the left stick getting in the way of d-pad input?

I've always found fighting games really easy to play with the vita d-pad (it's actually my favorite non-stick controller to play fighting games on, as weird as that is) and I've never really had problems with bumping into the left stick. You can flat out turn the left stick off in skullgirls if it is a problem, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The vita has one of the best d-pads of all time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

voltcatfish posted:

I liked valkyria chronicles 2, but wow yeah that upgrade system is one of the the worst I've seen

It could've been cool if they made it that missions with certificates guarantee one each for the top 3, and random after that. But whatever.

MinibarMatchman posted:

on Valkyria Chronicles: does the faster framerate for the Steam version affect anything? I've heard it's the reason for why enemies will just loving murder you if you move too much or too little in line of fire. I liked playing it until I just got shot way too much for simply moving or not moving fast enough. It felt like a weird compromise between RTS and turn-based stuff that didn't work too well. Also kind of hated how you could literally aim perfectly at someone like an 3rd person shooter and still get misses.

Yeah, I think the interception fire for some units is tied to framerate. Shocktroopers and gatling emplacements fire way faster than they ought to. The problem is that dropping the framrate causes considerable slowdown with explosive animations, so it kinda sucks. I don't know if they've fixed it or not.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

They've fixed it a long time ago.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

The vita has one of the best d-pads of all time.

It does, but the left stick placement makes it impossible to use it for QCF/QCB for me, unfortunately.

Zinkraptor posted:

You can flat out turn the left stick off in skullgirls if it is a problem, though.

That's good - I wish PSP games would also let you do that so I could play Alpha 3 Max. :v:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

It does, but the left stick placement makes it impossible to use it for QCF/QCB for me, unfortunately.

You probably should check with the doctor about your mutant thumb. I play SFA3, AH3, and MK9 just fine on the Vita. And so do others.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Saoshyant posted:

They've fixed it a long time ago.

I wasn't aware! They didn't fix it in the time that it took me to play through it again, so maybe I'll go through it again.

In more Vita-related news: I don't know what it is, but I'm having a hard time getting really into Trails of Cold Steel. A combination of not having much time to play in the first place anymore, and a beginning that feels incredibly slow is kinda dragging it down. I hope I have some time soon to get deeper into it, because I'm nowhere close to as engaged as I was with TiTS.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Aaaand I just ordered the new PS4 version for 24 bucks from Best Buy. :v:

I wish they'd get all of them localized and released for the PS4.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Takoluka posted:

Hype for the bad Vert game!

Also, it's time!!!!

IT'S A MOBILE GAME, PROBABLY

Disappointing if this comes out but there's still no way to play VP on the Vita. Maybe they'll rectify that if they're trying to rekindle interest in the series though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/252/1252732/

The Vert game is an ARPG.

It's going to be on PS4 isn't it?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

PS4/Vita, probably.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

This Severed game might be fun. Looks like you... kill monsters and wear their body parts as clothes?
It's from the dev company that made Guacamelee.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

MisterAlex posted:

This Severed game might be fun. Looks like you... kill monsters and wear their body parts as clothes?
It's from the dev company that made Guacamelee.

I completely forgot that was happening. It looks great.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies LE is up for preorder at Iffy's Online Store

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Why would I want a Blanc figure though?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Fixed that for you. :japan:

Step 1.) Buy a PS Vita. :v:

Edit: Fixed a minor mistake on the image layering.

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 11, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone in Japan/importers know if the Psycho Pass game is worth looking forward to

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

who the fuk would ever turn down glasses

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Saint Freak posted:

Why would I want a Blanc figure though?

This is literally the question that is keeping me on the fence about this LE. My Amazon order would be cheaper... but do I want the Blanc figure? Why would I want a Blanc figure?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Takoluka posted:

This is literally the question that is keeping me on the fence about this LE. My Amazon order would be cheaper... but do I want the Blanc figure? Why would I want a Blanc figure?

Every goddess is Noble and Good

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Actually, I might get it, if only because Neptunia is one of the most merchandisable series IF makes, and there exists less than 10 figures of the characters, and even then, there are no figures for the Lowee and Leanbox representatives. It's quite frustrating!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The fact Vert is so unpopular still confuses me.
At least she's getting a bone now.
An XBONE!

EDIT: What the gently caress lowtax, your word filter ruined my pun! You monster!