Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

You probably looked at it and thought, "This just seems... so wrong. It seems like it would take me a year of constant babying to get to something that is worth anything. There must be something I'm missing!"

Nope, you got it right.

I only got them when I was banging on them in Agrarian Skies 1. In that case, the machinery in gendustry was configured to spit out fresh princesses every once in awhile. So I figured they were actually a decent enough thing. I remember going on mechaet's server, setting myself up some big-old building with a cute apiary up on the roof in one corner. I set up the bees and ... no princesses.

I remember posting on here about it and hearing the bad news. AS1 has that special snowflake configuration that generates the princesses, but that's not how it normally goes. So yeah, not only do you have to cross-breed, but you have to constantly pull more princesses from all around and work them through the genetic family tree to make the queens you need.

Princess supply's not so bad if you have a world to wander around and harvest hives from. Every hive will give one guaranteed princess, and usually some drones along with it. Without Gendustry in order to get more than one Princess of an advanced breed you just have to take another Princess and keep mixing it with extra drones generated by your original purebred pair until you get another purebred princess.

WITH Gendustry it's just "throw diamonds at the problem".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

You guys are liek 10 steps ahead of where i am with bees. The most i have successfully done is in regrowth, where i set up a modest beehive around some cactus. I get the good, but never ever did anything with it.

I really really tried to understand bee happy. But just couldnt.

In this skyblock im doing ive finally got my dust,sand and gravel sifting itself (though for some reason sand keeps clogging one machine, so im currently making them all hardened and adding the nullify 2ndry drops augment.

I should look into how to start bees here.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Bees are actually pretty easy to understand if you have a good grasp of Mendelian genetics. And who doesn't, right?

The straightforward way (assuming you have NEI configured properly to show you bee breeding options) is to find the bee that produces what you want, then work backwards until you have a path from basic bees, and you know what you want to crossbreed at each stage. Set up a few of the basic apiaries (I forget all the proper terminology, but the ones that allow bees to crossbreed. They need some sort of bee products to produce IIRC), and pipe all their outputs to a centrifuge and a beealyser. Then every so often you can come and check on your hives, see what new bees you're made, and set up the next generation.

There are many improvements you can make depending on what part of this bores you most, but that's how I used to do it back before Gendustry was a thing. You can generate infinite honey to run the various bee machines by just piping princesses and drones back into the same apiary in a loop, and dumping the excess drones.

Protip - there are two types of princesses, pure and impure (or something like that). Pure ones stick around forever, impure ones just vanish eventually. Save yourself time and just bin the impure ones, they're not worth the effort.

e: disclaimer - I haven't done this for a couple of years, so poo poo may have changed.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Wolfsbane posted:

... find the bee that produces what you want ...

Are there any bees that actually produce something worth the effort of breeding them? Every time I look into bees (most recently in regrowth) it seems like they don't produce anything special and are just a more complicated way to get basic supplies like ender pearls or blaze rods. The only special ones I found produced items that were just used for making different frames for bee breeding. If there was a bee that gave me ardite or cobalt I'd go for that since right now finding enough in regrowth's nether to make the seeds is a pain. I've been hammering around for quite a while and only found 5 cobalt and 4 ardite, and I need 9 of each to make the seeds.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

VegasShirtGuy posted:

Are there any bees that actually produce something worth the effort of breeding them? Every time I look into bees (most recently in regrowth) it seems like they don't produce anything special and are just a more complicated way to get basic supplies like ender pearls or blaze rods. The only special ones I found produced items that were just used for making different frames for bee breeding. If there was a bee that gave me ardite or cobalt I'd go for that since right now finding enough in regrowth's nether to make the seeds is a pain. I've been hammering around for quite a while and only found 5 cobalt and 4 ardite, and I need 9 of each to make the seeds.

You want the Metallic Branch from Magic Bees. ;) You can even go straight to Manyullyn.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Meskhenet posted:

Bees are the one thing i keep trying to learn but never do. Ive tried bee happy like 3 or 4 times and i still dont have a clue.

Give me some basics!!
How do I get bees? You break some hives out in the wild with a scoop.

Ignoble? Pristine? Ignoble last for around 200 generations, pristine lasts forever.

Princess? Drone? Princesses consume a drone to become a queen, once the queen dies out a new princess and however many drones it makes pop out.

Bees have two "breeds". The active one and the passive one. You need a beealyzer to check out your bee stats. There are a bunch of stats I'm not covering them.

The princess+drone you use gives you a chance at mutation which you can find more on in NEI or some wiki, and it also gives a chance of getting any combination of the four active and passives of each princess+drone you put in. If you put in a princess with the same active+passive and a drone with the same active+passive it will just pop out identical drone(s) (quantity depends on the stat for drones) and an identical princess to what you put in. Pure-breds are useful because you can amass drones to force whatever queens you have lying around to eventually become a purebred of those drones. It generally takes 3-8 drones to convert any one queen to their type.

You'll never run out of drones and your pristine princesses won't go anywhere unless you are trying to breed bees. When you are breeding you can end up with a pure of either of the two base types, a hybrid of either of the two types, a hybrid of the new mutation and one of the old types, or a pure of the mutation.

If you put a forest princess and a forest drone into an apiary generally 3 forest drones, 1 forest princess will come out. You can also get 0-a bunch of honey combs before they pop out. Bees produce their output while the queen is in the apiary ticking away.

I think that's the basic of bees. It was the part I really didn't get, because no one really laid it out.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 11, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, the basics of bee breeding mostly just revolves around whether or not you know your way around a punnet square, and from there what it comes down to is trying to speed up the process as much as you can when gunning for the bee variety you want the most. the various add-ons can help with that.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

so, regrowth

how do i get infinite water into pipes

am i missing something really obvious, or what? i was hoping to use obsidian pipes to suck up regenerating water source blocks from the world, but alas. do i need to jury rig some abomination involving farming water seeds and crafting them with buckets before forcing them into a tank to empty their contents?

also while i'm at it, what are my auto-farming options? i've just sort of waited until golems, because i couldn't be bothered setting up a drum of the wild -> redstone mana blaster -> hopperhock -> drawer system thingamajig simply because my resource needs haven't been that colossal.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

so, regrowth

am i missing something really obvious, or what? i was hoping to use obsidian pipes to suck up regenerating water source blocks from the world, but alas. do i need to jury rig some abomination involving farming water seeds and crafting them with buckets before forcing them into a tank to empty their contents?

also while i'm at it, what are my auto-farming options? i've just sort of waited until golems, because i couldn't be bothered setting up a drum of the wild -> redstone mana blaster -> hopperhock -> drawer system thingamajig simply because my resource needs haven't been that colossal.
There's a quest to make those multiblock barrels which slowly fill with water which you then make into channels and put sprinklers on the bottoms. You have to chain them though because you need multiples per sprinkler.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Bhodi posted:

There's a quest to make those multiblock barrels which slowly fill with water which you then make into channels and put sprinklers on the bottoms. You have to chain them though because you need multiples per sprinkler.

This is by far the easiest way to do it.

If you don't want like 8 3x3 tanks, you can build a railcraft storage tank, then have an autocrafter with a bucket and 4 essence of water cycling into and out of the tank. Bucket gets crafter into water bucket, piped to tank, empty bucket is piped back to autocrafter.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

so, regrowth

I think a buildcraft pump is what you're looking for. Get 4 redstone engines to power it and put it above a 3x3 pool of water (because buildcraft pumps are generally garbage, and have a chance at just killing a 1x3 pool of water somehow)

The multiblock barrels are pretty good for keeping your stuff hydrated though. just keep in mind you want as much surface area as possible on them. I had my main one way out over the ocean when I did regrowth, with a larger "battery", which was a big cube near my fields.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

senae posted:

I think a buildcraft pump is what you're looking for. Get 4 redstone engines to power it and put it above a 3x3 pool of water (because buildcraft pumps are generally garbage, and have a chance at just killing a 1x3 pool of water somehow)

this isn't reliable, as time goes on and more things are happening per tick there's a chance the pump will eat two adjacent source blocks before they regenerate and then it's only a matter of time before the pump eats the rest of it

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

drum of the wild doesn't work, the only autofarming options are forestry multifarms (orchard) and thaumcraft golems

i guess you could get everything from bees instead too but lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Glory of Arioch posted:

drum of the wild doesn't work

lol what

can i use one of those botania mannikin things with a horn of the wild, then? the horn definitely works

i mean this is pretty idle chatter as i am a hair's breadth away from golems and a full essentia farm, but it might be handy for others

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Glory of Arioch posted:

drum of the wild doesn't work, the only autofarming options are forestry multifarms (orchard) and thaumcraft golems

i guess you could get everything from bees instead too but lol

Drum of the wild doesn't work correctly in native regrowth. If you update agricraft, it does.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

President Ark posted:

this isn't reliable, as time goes on and more things are happening per tick there's a chance the pump will eat two adjacent source blocks before they regenerate and then it's only a matter of time before the pump eats the rest of it

This is only really an issue if the thing you're feeding it into is something that explodes if it runs out of water.
Like vanilla buildcraft engines used to do.

In sane environments you can just check it once in a while and replace the source blocks if you run out.

Also that's why you feed from a 3x3, it'll last much longer. if you do 4x4 I imagine it would work better.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

President Ark posted:

This, a railcraft water barrel, an ender IO water tank, or a thermal expansion aqueus accumulator are all better, less laggy, and aren't prone to failure.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
...can't you just make an agricraft water tank? Collecting water from rain works just fine for sprinklers.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

I saw there was something called an Everfull Urn in one of the thaumcraft add-ons that gives infinite water, but I haven't tried it. Apparently there's also one for lava that runs on CV so I'll probably try that for powering some thermalilies.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
Re: Water pumps, I think the proper usage is supposedly not just a 3x3x1 water w/ the BC pump...but the key is to put the BC pump in one of the corners(?)

Re: Bees/princesses -

If you have botania, the Hiveacynth (?) lets you just generates bees (pretty mana hungry), and you get princesses occasionally. IF you have a decent mana generation setup, you can just let it sit there with a hopperhock binning the bees for you and check it every now and then. Might be an alternative if you don't want to go run out in the world finding hives.

You can even sometimes get pristine princesses I Think (the ones that don't die off randomly, right?)

I was really psyched (well, reasonably) to finally 'learn beez' in regrowth but man, the acclimatizer seems to basically wear off due to drone genetics within a generation or two. IGDFUABHLASDIBFASDFBa

You can also autofarm via BC Robots but that has a slow startup (build a laser, power it, wait a loving year for it to finish the crystal, etc).

Fayk fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 11, 2016

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
You can also use buildcraft robots to farm in regrowth.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im on a skyblock, so apparently i need to open thaumcraft and get a thaumium barrel before i can even start bees. So ill check to make sure that thaumcraft difficulty is set to -1.

My semi bottleneck now is simply ender pearls. I have 5 from bags and havent seen an enderman at all. My original mob farm is a 22 block drop one, but now that i have power and rocket fuel and the basics (god some of these recs are silly) i can probably hook up a grinder.

So if i make a 5x5x5 about 25 blocks from where i normally am and put a grinder on there, will endermen spawn inside too?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

VegasShirtGuy posted:

I saw there was something called an Everfull Urn in one of the thaumcraft add-ons that gives infinite water, but I haven't tried it. Apparently there's also one for lava that runs on CV so I'll probably try that for powering some thermalilies.

Thaumic.. Exploration? Has Everfull Urns and Everburn Urns, yeah. Everfull Urn automatically fills any nearby liquid containers with water (including petal apothecaries from Botania), while Everburn Urn produces infinite lava but you need to pump it out somehow, it doesn't just flood into the world.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I think I'm at my limit for FTB: Infinity Expert. I went in knowing it was super grindy and that was fine for the most part, but as I'm progressing through various intermingling tech trees I suddenly hit a giant stumbling block at the crossroads of IC2.
I've had to use IC2 stuff for various cross-mod things, set up a few machines (which don't run off RF, whee, what fun, good job with your now-proprietary energy system IC2). But now that I'm reaching advanced metals/alloys like sunnarium and bedrockium, the game drops a bomb on me to the tune of "everything needs plutonium and irridium".
To make a big reactor you need 1 RTG fuel pellet per fuel rod. These pellets need 3 plutonium each. To make bedrockium (necessary for the x64 Extra Utilities generators), you need MOX fuel, which, again, requires 3 plutonium apiece. The only way to get plutonium is to use the lovely IC2 nuclear reactor. You stick in fuel rods and coolers in a tile pattern. Then you wait for it to deplete the fuel rods from use, while producing laughable amounts of power. For every fuel rod you put in (1.5 uranium ore, which is not incredibly common and has to be macerated, washed, and centrifuged first), once depleted, you get 1 plutonium nugget. 9 plutonium nuggets compress into 1 regular plutonium. So even if you were able to cram in 27 fuel rods (the maximum on a passively cooled reactor, unless you want to get into advanced tile patterning, both quite a feat), you'd only get 1 of the desired items per cycle.
Also each fuel cycle is 2 hours and 45 minutes and cannot be sped up.

So unless you're building multiple reactors, even at nearly max efficiency you're looking at a pretty standard 5x5 big reactor taking about 14 hours per level.

On top of this, you need iridium to make almost all the late game items and supplies. Iridium requires, among other things, 6 plutonium.
I'm at a big hurdle right before getting AE up and running and I need 64 iridium to make the two alloy plates to get my system started.

There is an alternative, thankfully -- the IC2 Mass Fabricator turns energy into liquid Universal Matter (at 10% speed unless you feed it with recyclers making scrap), which can then be turned into almost anything, including iridium. Every full run, it produces 1 millibucket (yes, 1/1000th of a bucket) of UU matter.
It takes 120 millibuckets of UU matter to make 1 iridium.
Also these machines only take EU so converting from RF is a loving hassle and you can't use regular cables.
I built an awesome endergenic generator producing 12-16k per tick at the cost of one pearl every few minutes, which completely dwarfs any kind of power generation I had up to this point (and of course big reactors is still inaccessible). I'm feeding all that power into the mass fab and it still takes maybe 20+ minutes per iridium, and that's a pretty generous estimate. With nothing else to do until these machines are ready, I'm going to be sitting around for hours.

If it was more reasonable, or even if it was part of TE and worked efficiently and cleanly with my systems, maybe then. But after setting all this up my framerate is 15, my power is going entirely towards this stupid iridium ore, and everything I want to do is gated behind sitting and waiting. gently caress, I was playing New Horizons, the Gregtchiest of Gregtech packs a few weeks ago, and NOTHING compared to this UU matter/iridium bullshit. This is the worst.
Welcome to hell.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Yeah, Expert mode is just dumb and not balanced right at all, though I didn't know it got THAT bad. I'm still playing NH and I have yet to truly have nothing to do but wait, and I don't expect to ever have to. Avarita being included now worries me but it doesn't look like it's being used for anything craftable yet... unless the seemingly-missing ingredients are locked behind thaumcraft research?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Vib Rib posted:

I think I'm at my limit for FTB: Infinity Expert.
Immersive Engineering's cables convert between RF and EU painlessly and are super cheap.

Logistics Pipes are pretty good but they have a bit of a learning curve. I don't even plan on using AE2 in expert. Maybe I will at some point as a vanity thing. I just have a massive block of storage drawers with logistics pipes connected to a storage controller (default route itemsink module, quicksort, I think I have a provider as well but it might be redundant). Then I have another block of big storage drawers with a polymorphic itemsink not set to default so it has higher priority. Stuff I'm massing goes there.

You can setup an ender chest that pumps stuff into the network and use a pouch to just toss inventory stuff around. You can also setup another pouch+chest (or the same one with a bit of trickery) to remote request items from your base anywhere at all. Even in other dimensions. It is a useful trick even with ae2, because you can have logistics pipes pull items out of your ae network and into an ender chest from anywhere in the world.

I don't have any other tricks. I play on a server and my stuff is chunk loaded. I haven't made a reactor yet. Instead I just have a ton of 8x generators for now. I need to get on the reactor thing, but I am at a sprawling tech curve thing and haven't been playing much. I want to make an excavator, I want to finish up my bee stuff now that I have gendustry unlocked, I need to get a jetpack going as well as some upgrades on the dark steel armor I made, and I guess the reactor is the other goal I have at the moment.

Expert is very much a waiting game and that's why I picked it. I tend to get to the point where nothing matters far too quickly in normal mod packs, lose interest, and quit. In expert I really don't feel like making an IC2 reactor or whatever so I'm kind of chilling, working on making my base look cooler, and exploring mods I wouldn't usually bother with. Well, I already knew logistics pipes because it's a really great mod that is criminally underused. That and, I am only playing like an hour or so per day tops.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 12, 2016

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Meskhenet posted:

Im on a skyblock, so apparently i need to open thaumcraft and get a thaumium barrel before i can even start bees. So ill check to make sure that thaumcraft difficulty is set to -1.

Don't do that. I'm assuming you're on 1.7.10 - Easy mode for Thaumcraft is useless there (it's much more expensive, research points wise, than just doing the mini games.) If you can, install Thaumcraft Minus Thaumcraft instead.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I appreciate it; I think if I could automate a lot of these systems and then just leave them on 24/7 I wouldn't have a problem. I've got a fully self-sustaining farm -> culinary generator setup going on, but they're about 300 rf/t each and my endergenic system is like 14,000 rf/t. It wouldn't be hard to hook up an MFR spawner, use cursed earth and runoff from my culinary generators to keep it fed perpetually, spawn endermen manually for increased yields, and feed those pearls into my endergenic system. The whole thing could be 100% maintenance free once set up, and all the power from those pearls would feed into the mass fabricator to make iridium around the clock.

The problem is
1. My computer kind of sucks and all this IC2 poo poo is choking my system, especially on top of all the other things I ALREADY have going, from quarries and MFR farms to blood magic rituals and botania feeders.
2. I can't leave my computer on all day and just come back to it every day or so. If I could, I'd leave it on for a day, come back, and probably be set for my initial stock of iridium just from the UU matter. But you can understand that playing singleplayer means all that time you spend offline is time I'd have to spend just sitting around.

I'll probably just Minetweak in some alternative recipe for Iridium, all the other materials I can handle okay.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

senae posted:

I'm pretty sure some version or other of Buildcraft changed it so that if the pump is over an infinite water source, it will not actually remove the block. Although I agree that BC pumps are kind of crap. Unfortunately, I can't think of any other mods that have them off the top of my head, or at least has ones that are cheap and easy to use. I know that there's that pump from Extra Utilities that replaces the pumped blocks with stone to keep things from flowing for server lag purposes so you can drain the Nether without leaving a ton of flowing lava killing frame rates (the Endergenic Pump from Extra Utilities, I think?), but it's expensive and not really the same.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Serifina posted:

Don't do that. I'm assuming you're on 1.7.10 - Easy mode for Thaumcraft is useless there (it's much more expensive, research points wise, than just doing the mini games.) If you can, install Thaumcraft Minus Thaumcraft instead.

Ive done the mini games way too many times to care. I will just cheat in a couple hundred of each aspect if i hit a wall. All i need is an infernal furnace and im good for a while.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Meskhenet posted:

Ive done the mini games way too many times to care. I will just cheat in a couple hundred of each aspect if i hit a wall. All i need is an infernal furnace and im good for a while.

That's why I recommend adding T-T. It gives you all the research, none of the Warp, and a wide range of already-scanned objects.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

warp is fun.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

I'm so confused by ME interfaces. If I want to set up external autocrafting (e.g. redstone furnace), does the ME interface need to touch the furnace or can I use pipes? I couldn't figure out how to do the latter but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Also, what exactly do all the arrow options do when you wrench an ME interface?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Bouchacha posted:

I'm so confused by ME interfaces. If I want to set up external autocrafting (e.g. redstone furnace), does the ME interface need to touch the furnace or can I use pipes? I couldn't figure out how to do the latter but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Also, what exactly do all the arrow options do when you wrench an ME interface?

Me interface as in the big block or the crafted screen?

Typically the cable doesnt attach tot eh machine, it takes up the block but leaves a visual gap.

The interfaces attach to the pipe and take up that space.

But usually the interface needs to be in the right place.

Like your import bus needs to where the machine would dump stuff. Your export bus is where your machine takes in raw materials.

Hit post too soon.

The ME interface i usually put in the back.

Also make sure on your pattern crafting screen that you are in processing - for processing raw materials into not raw materials,
And Crafting for actually making stuff (usually with the cube thing i cant remember what it's called)

The make sure the pattern is in the ME interface.

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 12, 2016

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Bouchacha posted:

It's technically possible to do via pipes but I wouldn't recommend it, it takes a much more complex setup and can be unreliable. Just stick it on the machine.

The arrow options just allow you to specify an inventory for the interface to be set to, otherwise if it's touching multiple inventories you'll get really unpredictable results. Realistically it's almost never necessary except in really convoluted setups, just make sure the interface isn't touching multiple inventories and you can ignore it.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Does anybody know if Infinity Evolved Skyblock has any other mods gated by bees? Bees are my least favorite things so I'd rather skip them.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Bouchacha posted:

The way interfaces work (unless there's been a massive change recently), it will export whatever items to the attached inventory, and then the ME system will trust that eventually it will get the result placed back into the system somewhere. all it really does is export a recipe. If you're using it for, like, making a bunch of smoothstone, you can speed it up by exporting to a chest, and then using 1 set of ducts to round robin them into a bunch of furnaces, and another set to export them back out the the interface (or into a chest with an import bus attached, but that's wasting a channel). You can also export directly to a machine (good for things that don't get done in bulk, or need to be processed right now), then just use an itemduct to move the product back into the interface.

An interface will take any item piped into it and put it back into the system.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Interface as your AE system central input is recommended because there's no bandwidth limit on them versus import buses.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Interface sort of works differently than an Import Bus. Import Bus works like a servo on an Itemduct, it actively pulls poo poo out of an inventory. Interface just accepts anything dumped into it as fast as it happens, so you can attach it to a Tesseract or whatever.

Interfaces do a bunch of poo poo really.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Couple quick IE:E tips:

Vib: If you're short on Uranium, make an Immersive Engineering core drill and excavator and go looking for Uranium veins. If you're so inclined, I'd also unnerf the output per vein in the IE config back to default, but even as-is it'll be worthwhile.

Khorne: A nice addition to a storage drawers setup like you described is the Inventory Panel from EnderIO. You can hook it up to your drawer controller and it will function somewhat like an ME crafting terminal. And if you do end up making an AE system eventually, you can hook your storage drawer system up to it by slapping a storage bus onto the drawer controller.

Vib Rib posted:

I'll probably just Minetweak in some alternative recipe for Iridium, all the other materials I can handle okay.

At the end of the day, this is the answer when something in that pack (or any pack, really) feels like a brick wall. IIRC I did a few ME controllers legit, but mostly because 1) I hadn't touched magic, so I just started into that while my 8x reactors and recyclers setup worked on replicating iridium and depleting rods for plutonium, and 2) I didn't mind letting it run while I was at work for a few days. I eventually found a great cheat for iridium (go into Runic Dungeons, use a Staff of Traveling to carefully warp outside the dungeon, proceed to Ender Quarry out the whole thing), but I think since then they removed iridium from runic dungeon loot and the staff trick might no longer work either.

Thankfully, I believe IE:Skyblock puts the iridium into the crystal wrench recipe, and then the wrench is used to make the controllers. Since you get the wrench back, it's a one-time investment of 64 iridium, rather than requiring a stack per controller. Painful, but less so than IE:E. Wasn't looking forward to that, since I'm on a skyblock server right now.

Heffer posted:

Does anybody know if Infinity Evolved Skyblock has any other mods gated by bees? Bees are my least favorite things so I'd rather skip them.

GenDustry is gated behind the Infinity Bee, and gently caress doing bees without GenDustry. Thankfully, I don't think any non-bee stuff was tied to bees in IE:E, and I really doubt that changed for Skyblock. I'll take a look when I get home though.

escalator dropdown fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 12, 2016