Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Lucy: Aquarius is my best friend!!

Aquarius: *is a bitch, ditches Lucy to get her rear end totally kicked like a half dozen times*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Meanwhile, in other news that may make certain areas of the internet more insufferable than usual, a Fairy Tail novel was released yesterday. Apparently the plot is Natsu and Lucy having to babysit a brother and sister twin duo. The part that's making everyone lose their poo poo is that they're apparently Gajeel and Levy's future children.

The cover

Now, as a side novel, it's technically not canon. But I think Mashima's current policy is something like as long as he doesn't directly contradict it, it's canon. So congratulations, Gajeel and Levy?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I assume there's time travel afoot.

But that's fine they're best couple. If best couple is confirmed then that can only be a good thing.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Kyte posted:

I assume there's time travel afoot.

But that's fine they're best couple. If best couple is confirmed then that can only be a good thing.

Time travel shenanigans seem to be in play, yes. Not much has come out, just chapter illustrations and a quick sorta summary.

But, chapter 478 is out, in which Lucy loses more clothes, and Statham is a bit of a prude.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I expected more from you, Jason Statham mage. :colbert:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That sure was a Fairy Tail chapter.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Wow Natsu is desensitized.

And Jason Statham is absolutely precious.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing posted:

Magical poo poo occurs, Lucy's clothes fall off, Natsu saves the day.
Pretty much every chapter.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Kyte posted:

Yeah I laughed at that. You expect he's going to be a giant perv but he's the most precocious of all.

I mean I appreciate that FT at least keeps itself somewhat tongue in cheek.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Say Nothing posted:

Magical poo poo occurs, Lucy's clothes fall off, Natsu saves the day.
Pretty much every chapter.

Fairy Tail Manga Thread 3: Magical poo poo occurs. [Woman]'s clothes fall off. Natsu saves the day

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kyte posted:

natsu has never once given a gently caress about lucy being naked or nearly so.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I like the self awareness, but at the same time this goes for the viewer as well. Seeing Lucy in various states of undress does nothing for me.
That said, I do like how they used it even if it did make Jason Statham look like a complete goober.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Well not only is it sexy it's also hilarious. Nothing as funny as a good bit of sexual humiliation. Well the only thing funnier is elderly molesters, that poo poo never gets old.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I'm expecting that the way to defeat Zeref involves boobs in some way or the other.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mavis looking at Jason wiz's reaction to Lucy gave her the ultimate plan: set up lacrima vision all over the battlefield like the grand magic games and show lucy to everybody. The answer all along wasn't in a fiery fist, but in tity.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Angry Lobster posted:

I'm expecting that the way to defeat Zeref involves boobs in some way or the other.

The secret to Zeref's power is actually latent virgin rage, honed over centuries of isolation

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The 400 Year Old virgin.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

In all seriousness, I imagine the insight Mavis had will involve, somehow, exploiting a weakness of Zeref's own design, like Jacob created for himself. Possibly involving a flaw in Zeref himself, or his underlings.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TFRazorsaw posted:

In all seriousness, I imagine the insight Mavis had will involve, somehow, exploiting a weakness of Zeref's own design, like Jacob created for himself. Possibly involving a flaw in Zeref himself, or his underlings.

He's weak to combination flying and up kicks, but only if they involve fire and fanservice. And he would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for prudish Jason Statham.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Chapter

RIP Jason ... but I still don't get how his Transport was cancelled. I forgot what that creepymage's ability is other than grading people and :smugmrgw:.

e: vvv You're right. Much appreciated! :tipshat: vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 28, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Marin cancels out spatial magic in areas he controls, I believe.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Huh, Lucy was useful.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TFRazorsaw posted:

Marin cancels out spatial magic in areas he controls, I believe.

Yeah it's why he instantly defeated Erza and Lucy. But Brandish has done more damage to her own team then Fairy Tail has as result of her treatment of the massive asset that is Marin. Marin has been much more impressive then her.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Just by instantly negating Erza the guy has been better built up and more threatening to the heroes than any of the 12 arc villains

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Makarov did something, hurrah!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

ChronoReverse posted:

Huh, Lucy was useful.

and she kept her clothes on... even though losing the star dress was an opportunity for more fanservice.

Is Mashima feeling all right?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Simoom posted:

Just by instantly negating Erza the guy has been better built up and more threatening to the heroes than any of the 12 arc villains

He also negated Erza during her fight with Ajeel while he was nowhere near her and the only reason Erza was able to take him down. (Other then the cannon) is because Brandish was a jerk and did not return Marin to normal size like she was told to result in Lucy stomping on him.

The guy was also able to fight Gray and Natsu at the same time and keep up with them.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
A legitimately good chapter of FT????

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
This chapter gets a pass.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

DeadBonesBrook posted:

and she kept her clothes on... even though losing the star dress was an opportunity for more fanservice.

Is Mashima feeling all right?

He didn't pass up the opportunity, she was naked, if glowing, for a panel during the "dress cancel" bit. It's kind of like how Erza is always naked for a panel or two when she swaps gear nowadays.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

New Chapter

In which our heroes fight a bunch of people you've most likely forgotten about.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yep, not sure who half of these people are. Pretty funny that he's pretty much a better version of Lucy, although your ammo having to be dead is a little limiting. If this guy was the poo poo though he'd be res'ing dragons.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

EvilTaytoMan posted:

New Chapter

In which our heroes fight a bunch of people you've most likely forgotten about.

I remember Azuma.

I don't want to remember Kouka.

I don't remember the other sword chick though I'm guessing she was the one teemed up with the Owl who fought Natsu and the Rocker who fought Juvia and Lucy during the Tower arc.

God please tell me I'm wrong.

Please.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Screw the T&A, look at that bird on the cover page! :3:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Haha, yea, that was my reaction to the front page too. That's one hell of a pompadour, whatever kind of a bird he is.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I enjoyed the lampshade hanging of Azuma going "wait, you're dead?" to Ikaruga.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I remember Azuma.

I don't want to remember Kouka.

I don't remember the other sword chick though I'm guessing she was the one teemed up with the Owl who fought Natsu and the Rocker who fought Juvia and Lucy during the Tower arc.

God please tell me I'm wrong.

Please.

From checking the wiki, you're right.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I enjoyed the lampshade hanging of Azuma going "wait, you're dead?" to Ikaruga.

Apparently they changed it so she survived in the anime, so if they ever animate this they'll have to retcon it, say she's actually an illusion, or that she died of cancer a few years ago. :3:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I hope you're ready for the filler arc bringing back Trinity Raven.

You know what? I'm for all that. Let Fukuro eat somebody again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Please don't have the resurrected souls overcome the magic and turn on the wizard dude. Oh god, he's gonna summon a dragon or something and get hosed up. Maybe that demon thingy that Grey tried to kill.

Also Ur isn't dead. They were very clear that her soul was just part of the ocean now.

I wonder how many Jellals he can summon.

• Locked thread