Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Asehujiko posted:

Do any of the big shields have weapon arts related to mashing a big metal plate into people's faces and if yes, where can I get one that does?

Most of the great shields are either plant in the ground and give yourself some sort of defensive stat buff, or slam into peoples face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

Most of the great shields are either plant in the ground and give yourself some sort of defensive stat buff, or slam into peoples face.

how long do the 'buff' style weapon arts tend to last?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Asehujiko posted:

Do any of the big shields have weapon arts related to mashing a big metal plate into people's faces and if yes, where can I get one that does?

There are 3 types of shield L2 actions AFAIK. They either 1) allow parry, 2) allow right hand weapon arts, or 3) do a shield bash.

The really big meaty shields all seem to have bashing baked in.

^^^ yeah what that guy at top of page said

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Walrus posted:

since one of my issues with iron keep has been dispelled, was I also being an idiot with those lava buckets that tip over in the big room with the suspended catwalks and fat club dudes/alonnes? its the stone ledge to your left when you come into the room, there's a bow knight at the end of it. when you get to the end some lava buckets tip over and start lava streaming across the platform into the main pool. my vit wasn't high enough to roll through without dying and I didn't have any fire resist. I also didn't see any pressure plates. on future times through the level the buckets don't reset. what am I missing here

There are pressure plates, you triggered them. They don't reset. You can jump over the lava spills though.

I don't think there's even anything over there other than a firestorm pyromancy in a chest which you need to douse yourself in water to reach.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

The Walrus posted:

since one of my issues with iron keep has been dispelled, was I also being an idiot with those lava buckets that tip over in the big room with the suspended catwalks and fat club dudes/alonnes? its the stone ledge to your left when you come into the room, there's a bow knight at the end of it. when you get to the end some lava buckets tip over and start lava streaming across the platform into the main pool. my vit wasn't high enough to roll through without dying and I didn't have any fire resist. I also didn't see any pressure plates. on future times through the level the buckets don't reset. what am I missing here

tbh i never bothered going down there much. so many better places to go like the whole upper deck that lets you drop into the room after all the big dudes

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Walrus posted:

how long do the 'buff' style weapon arts tend to last?

Around six or seven seconds. Enough for a few swings of a weapon for light weapons, a couple with the bigger things, and enough to block stuff with shields.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What time does steam unlock?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Tenzarin posted:

32 mins

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

32 minutes from now, friend.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Alright I've got it preloaded. I am prepared to :darksouls:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Change the thread title

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Do I have to VPN to become a temporary Australian?

Also depraved the is the best class!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Gonna smash every loving thing with a club until I get a Bigger Club.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Quite honestly, I have run flat up against a wall.
Or, a gate, I should say. The thing just won't budge.
No matter how long I wait. And, oh, have I waited!
So, here I sit, in quite a pickle.
Weighing my options, so to speak!
Hah hah hah hah!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

net cafe scandal posted:

Change the thread title

Wait about a week and it will be correct.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Kraken posted:

There are pressure plates, you triggered them. They don't reset. You can jump over the lava spills though.

I don't think there's even anything over there other than a firestorm pyromancy in a chest which you need to douse yourself in water to reach.

lol oh right jumping.

just preparing for dark souls 3 as we speak. 60mg of thc in juice form down the hatch. this may go a long way towards explaining my ineptitude.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

Do I have to VPN to become a temporary Australian?

Also depraved the is the best class!

no it legit unlocks in half an hour.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Change the thread title

Much like Final Fantasy, every game in the Souls series is the worst in the series.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

The Walrus posted:

lol oh right jumping.

just preparing for dark souls 3 as we speak. 60mg of thc in juice form down the hatch. this may go a long way towards explaining my ineptitude.

video games and drugs never mix

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Wait about a week and it will be correct.

Thats very cynical. Change the thread to title to "Dark Souls III"

Orv
May 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Thats very cynical. Change the thread to title to "Dark Souls III"

No.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
change the thread title to Dork Souls III

because of how many dorks are playing it

panda clue
May 23, 2014
why isn't dark souls 3 called demons souls 2?

gently caress this game, uninstalled, steam refund in process

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Eonwe posted:

change the thread title to Dork Souls III

because of how many dorks are playing it

:yeah:

borf
Apr 5, 2006
Does magic/pyro/hexes take a little while to get going in traditional DS fashion this time around? Can't decide if I want to smash smash or burn burn, and I only have half an hour!!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

b0red posted:

video games and drugs never mix

Ninja Five-0 was actually pretty okay, if a GBA game instead of an arcade one.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

borf posted:

Does magic/pyro/hexes take a little while to get going in traditional DS fashion this time around? Can't decide if I want to smash smash or burn burn, and I only have half an hour!!

Yes. Probably longer to get going in this one than it ever has, and it doesn't reach maximum effectiveness until you have 60 in the scaling stat (or a total of 60 in your Int/Faith for pyromancy). Pyromancy probably gets off the ground faster than sorceries and miracles, though. And as long as you're okay with using an infused weapon in melee when spells aren't doing the trick, you'll do fine.

Hexes aren't their own type of magic this time, either. There are dark sorceries, miracles, and pyromancies, though, some of which are hexes from DS2.

Orv
May 4, 2011

borf posted:

You can access pyromancy very quickly in the grand scheme of things, and it does very well without too much investment. Though pyro spells do require stats now for attunement.

Sorc and Miracles take longer to get going and take a larger investment than you might want to exclusively focus on early on.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

panda clue posted:

why isn't dark souls 3 called demons souls 2?

gently caress this game, uninstalled, steam refund in process

They should totally hook up with Sony again and make Demons Souls 2 just to confuse everyone.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

Sorc and Miracles take longer to get going and take a larger investment than you might want to exclusively focus on early on.

seems almost like its balanced around the respecs

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Walrus posted:

seems almost like its balanced around the respecs

Eh, it's a little like Bloodborne, really. Sorcery, at least, works well as a supplement to melee fighting in the early game, but takes a lot of investment to be your main source of damage, much like Arcane stuff in Bloodborne. Meanwhile, you can use infused weapons to fill the gap when your spells aren't cutting it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
all of the terrible PCs in this thread like

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I didn't bother reading the OP. Should I buy this game? Is it good? I heard you can hit things with swords.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
theres no way the things going 'give us smooth' are at all cute. likely not even birds.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I didn't bother reading the OP. Should I buy this game? Is it good? I heard you can hit things with swords.

nah its bad don't buy it. we only like it ironically

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

You can hit things with lots of things. Swords, spears, halberds, axes, dual-axes, swords taller than you, big fireballs, swords that shoot fire, spears that shoot lightning. It's a veritable feast of things-you-can-hit-things-with-and-then-things-to-hit-with-those-things.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Don't buy it

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I'm clicking steam, listening to the ding noise, and hyperventilating

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yes to all four, possibly five of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Maker Of Shoes posted:

im gay