Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I've got to admit, I've been enjoying the MotoGP highlights, I just need to make sure I don't catch the result before I get a chance to watch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

andyf posted:

Meanwhile in Blancpains' GT3 sprint series, an Audi and Nissan manage to make the last corner before the chequered flag a fun moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3B8sxHl1Oo

Haha, holy poo poo that guy did a lot of spinning.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

Nothing about motorcycles is great

You really need to watch the IOM TT

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

edit: I do believe wagers may have been made by journalists.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 11, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He really ought to just come out already.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Thought the Worst Thread would enjoy this. Eau rouge flat out with about 9hp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-96KLxuoMp0&t=640s

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Except he lifts...but looks like a lot fun nevertheless!

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
About the whole going back to 2015 style qualifying from next round onwards was only agreed because

quote:

In the meantime, and throughout the course of the year, the teams will undergo "a global assessment of the format of the weekend", with the prospect an overhaul will be in place for 2017.
http://www.racer.com/f1/item/128115-last-hurdle-to-f1-qualifying-change-cleared

So I wonder what kind of retarded poo poo Bernie will force through for 2017 quali

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Are we finally going to have sprinklers on the tracks? :allears:

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Lewis sure likes his snapchat - I think I watched about 3 minutes non-stop of Great Wall of China footage while waiting for a haircut.

To be honest, I kinda like being able to see some of the unusual or scenic places he ends up visiting. It's usually more interesting than other drivers' twitter/instagram feeds which are mostly shots of their factory or car and 'must do better' motivational quotes.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

andyf posted:

Lewis sure likes his snapchat - I think I watched about 3 minutes non-stop of Great Wall of China footage while waiting for a haircut.

To be honest, I kinda like being able to see some of the unusual or scenic places he ends up visiting. It's usually more interesting than other drivers' twitter/instagram feeds which are mostly shots of their factory or car and 'must do better' motivational quotes.

This. Knock it all you want, but it is pretty interesting.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

On that note, here is some of Are Michael going round Monza. Volume required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwhvAlr09Jw

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
he has lost puppy eyes :3:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

So according to autosport Hasegawa is saying the Honda unit is actually producing fractionally less power compared to the end of last year. :smithicide:

edit: to put it in context I'm fairly certain he's talking about top end performance as the driveability and actual power band seems way better than last year's

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

according to autosport

autosport posted:

Hasegawa refuted suggestions the new 2016 power unit produces less power than the engine used at the end of last season

wicka fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 12, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Read the last line of the article.

quote:

We will keep pushing to provide the extra power; so far it's almost equivalent as it was last year

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Read the last line of the article.

the article is about the combustion engine specifically, not the entire power unit. most of the gains they've made this year have been ERS-related, which can now deploy all 160hp for a full straight. the ICE is, as i understand it, effectively the same. in no way does that suggest less.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have a strong suspicion that, as I said before: It probably does produce fractionally less power at the top end compared to last year in favor of better torque throughout the revs.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I still find it hilarious :911: are beating all the :britain: teams.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

that's great. it still doesn't change the fact that hasegawa in no way whatsoever suggested the power unit is weaker.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Holy poo poo Wicka does everything have to escalate into a massive debate with you?

I merely posted an interesting fact, Honda has less top end power compared to last year. That's not a criticism, it's an aspect of their power unit.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Holy poo poo Wicka does everything have to escalate into a massive debate with you?

I merely posted an interesting fact, Honda has less top end power compared to last year. That's not a criticism, it's an aspect of their power unit.

holy poo poo, calm down. this isn't a debate, you misread the article.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123717/honda-to-focus-on-topend-speed

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

to be more clear: you did not post an interesting fact. you posted something that wasn't true. i am not the only person here who would correct you on that. stop singling me out.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I didn't misread the article. He straight up says in the last line that they almost have equivalent power to last year.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I didn't misread the article. He straight up says in the last line that they almost have equivalent power to last year.

almost equivalent can mean slightly more or slightly less, and it EXPLICITLY INCLUDES A LINE where he says the power unit is more powerful than last year. what is your problem?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

he says they need more top end speed, NOT that they have less top end speed than they did last year - just that they need more to catch up to the other teams. this is obvious. the engine is better than it was last year but still not good enough. wow. shocker.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

be nice wicka posted:

almost equivalent can mean slightly more or slightly less, and it EXPLICITLY INCLUDES A LINE where he says the power unit is more powerful than last year. what is your problem?

There's also the part where Hasegawa says it's hard for them to pass Haas and Sauber, and literally says "we need more top-end speed." I think it's pretty clear in this instance "almost equivalent" doesn't mean slightly more.

^^ Yeah, more or less. Sounds like he's basically saying there's more power they can draw out of the engine but haven't because they wanted to finish races.

\/\/ Also this.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Regardless if they have more or less power than last year I think we can all agree that McLaren are poo poo and we can all laugh at the fact they are getting beat by Team America F1.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

There's also the part where Hasegawa says it's hard for them to pass Haas and Sauber, and literally says "we need more top-end speed." I think it's pretty clear in this instance "almost equivalent" doesn't mean slightly more.

????

is this loving real life?

quote:

Hasegawa refuted suggestions the new 2016 power unit produces less power than the engine used at the end of last season

guys, he DIRECTLY ADDRESSES YOUR CONFUSION. there can be no debate here. the engine is more powerful. end of discussion.

of COURSE they need more power to catch the ferrari-engined teams. we already knew that!

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go,
Belowhoo - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
Let them know
The Wicked Witch is dead!
as mayor of the munchkind city in the county of the land of oz, I welcome
you most gleefully, but we've got to veryify if legally to see to see if she if she
is morally, ethically, spirtiually, physically, positively, abosolutely undenially unreliably dead.
As cornoner I vouch for her I thoughrouly examined her and she's not only really
dead, she's really most sincerely dead. and this is a day of independance, for all the munchinks and there decendants.
Symphany yes lets the joyous news be spread the wicked old witch at last is dead.
Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go,
Belowhoo - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
Let them know
The Wicked Witch is dead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6cnryxwH6A

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I just wanted to see if we could get into a semantic argument about whether or not the witch is dead and/or how she potentially came to be dead and if so what will be done about the death of the witch and futhermore

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

lol if you think this is a semantic argument. it's posters simply lying.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

sleepwalkers posted:

It's also fairly easy to deduce that since that thing had huge deployment issues last year and one of the ERS' job is to smooth out the torque curve they've sacrificed power in high revs to smooth it out and use the ERS deployment elsewhere. It's absolutely the right thing to do, but you can also say it has slightly less top end power as a result of it.

But what do I know, In obviously off in fantasy land and don't know what I'm talking about. It's not like I read tuning manuals for fun or anything.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I didn't read anything you are arguing about because much like the rest of the thread I don't give a poo poo.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

nsaP posted:

I didn't read anything you are arguing about because much like the rest of the thread I don't give a poo poo.

This is the correct choice. I regret mine.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

there's no argument happening. 1500quidporsche read an interview where honda said their power unit is more powerful and came to the conclusion that it is less powerful. obviously he is mistaken. let's all move on.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm not saying on the whole it's less powerful. In fact I'm saying quite the opposite, I'm saying that instead of chasing peak power they've correctly decided that improving torque through the revs is the better option and it shows in the step forward they've taken.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I agree with 1500quidporsche he's clearly saying that the engine is less powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

be nice wicka posted:

????

is this loving real life?

guys, he DIRECTLY ADDRESSES YOUR CONFUSION. there can be no debate here. the engine is more powerful. end of discussion.

Hi hello I was simply talking about the interpretation of "almost equivalent" meaning slightly more, which I think is pretty clear by the words surrounding it (which you are very observant of) it doesn't mean that!

Also yeah, I think 1500quidporsche and I are saying roughly the same thing.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 12, 2016

• Locked thread