Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Asehujiko posted:

Are the servers down for anybody else as well?

of course they crashed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I crashed when I walked near to the first bonfire. The real dark souls begins here.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Waiting for the game to finish decrypting like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWo__6Xn6Qs

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Minrad posted:

what is the goon matchmaking password

not that online is working

LASERTAG.

If any PS4 types need a hand shout out, set password and someone should drop by, like me, I play so many hours of this a day my butt needs me to not play it so many hours a day.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Minrad posted:

what is the goon matchmaking password

not that online is working

I also want to know this.

Also this game really doesn't like alt tabbing...

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Already died.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

OH GOD THE GAME RUNS LIKE poo poo SO MUCH IT BOOTED ME OUT OF IT LOL

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
Anyone else having problems with a PS4 controller? Doesn't seem to work in game, and I even tried using DS4Windows. Hopefully I won't have to use M+K.

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Has anyone on Xbox One been able to successfully summon or be summoned? The servers seem to have been switched on today and I'm seeing lots of messages and summon signs in place, but every time I attempt to summon a phantom, it fails. Creating sessions has been flakey for me in the other games, but I'm 0/10 at this point.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

insomne posted:

Anyone else having problems with a PS4 controller? Doesn't seem to work in game, and I even tried using DS4Windows. Hopefully I won't have to use M+K.

Got the "hide ds4 controller" box checked in DS4w settings?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

this combat is best of the series so far

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This happened to me to. So I killed myself.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

MrLonghair posted:

Got the "hide ds4 controller" box checked in DS4w settings?

It's not checked, should I check it?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

insomne posted:

It's not checked, should I check it?

Oh ya

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

Still no cigar :(

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

MrLonghair posted:

LASERTAG.

If any PS4 types need a hand shout out, set password and someone should drop by, like me, I play so many hours of this a day my butt needs me to not play it so many hours a day.

should be in OP, imo

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

insomne posted:

Your computer's likely a vaper, sorry

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Hells yes getting my poo poo pushed in on the first boss, took five tries. Welcome to Dark Souls.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

insomne posted:

Close steam. Uncheck Hide DS4 controller. Recheck Hide DS4 controller. Reopen steam.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lol I tried to change my age, and the game crashed.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So just go Offline mode for now or keep hammering the servers?

EDIT: Just got in. LET IT BEGIN

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Ahahahaha blood stains everywhere

Holy poo poo this is so much smoother and better than on lovely xbone, can't get over how good 60fps feels

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
Anyone dealing with some serious tearing of graphics in the game? Every time I move my camera I'm getting seasick.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
cannot connect to servers and the game doesn't recognize the xbox360 controller. awesome.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Holy loving balls, game auto detected to 1080p, everything on high, runs at what looks like a smooth 30 fps on my loving old rear end 2500k and 6890. This PC was put together on a tight budget in early 2012 and the only upgrade it's had since then is an SSD. What the gently caress wizard power does their engine run on :psyduck:

Now I just need to spend the rest of the night trying to get my USB adapted PS2 controller to work :v:

Is there an in game FPS counter?

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
So its not picking up my wired xbox controller even with the drivers. Apparently I'm not alone.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Space Harrier posted:

Has anyone on Xbox One been able to successfully summon or be summoned? The servers seem to have been switched on today and I'm seeing lots of messages and summon signs in place, but every time I attempt to summon a phantom, it fails. Creating sessions has been flakey for me in the other games, but I'm 0/10 at this point.

Yes, got in plenty of jolly cooperation this morning. Some failed connections, too, though. Just keep trying.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Game hard crashed at the first bonfire. :rip:.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Do I have to forward or open ports or something for this? Never played the other games on PC.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Well, poo poo. GTX 570, i5-2500k. Game is struggling to run with everything on lowest possible settings.

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010

see you guys in 2017

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Obstacle2 posted:

So its not picking up my wired xbox controller even with the drivers. Apparently I'm not alone.

yep. wired 360 controller i've used to play everything including ds1 and ds2 is not recognized.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Frankston posted:

Well, poo poo. GTX 570, i5-2500k. Game is struggling to run with everything on lowest possible settings.

try downscaling resolution

one minute left

it's... almost... time.....

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Frankston posted:

You need more vram probly

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope all the bad things that are happening to you guys doesnt happen to me./

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

I've now crashed more times in 27 minutes of this than the previous two games combined.

Which is only 4, drat the first two were stable.

Sleazoid
Nov 13, 2007

Approaching the first bonfire is crashing the game, and it looks like it is for a lot of others too.

Game runs smooth from what I've seen at least.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Always hard crashes in the same spot for me. Dark Souls 3.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

voltcatfish posted:

What class were you? Apparently this was happening before to everything but Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Cool my game is corrupt!!!!

Currently redownloading DSIII

Same here. What's the point of preloading if it has a high chance of corrupting or takes 800 days to decrypt? Dammit, I knew I should have installed it on SSD. But Dark Souls 2 kept crashing on me until I moved it from SSD to my mechanical drive.