Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

We have absolutely no way to contest prime time stuff and any chance of escalating to solve that is off the table so again idk what you want us to do because throwing ships into the fire doesn't do anything but keep the enemy around longer because they know we will undock and die. This isn't damage control or "didn't want that sov anyway" this is just common sense.

If we threw away our war chest and super fleet putting up a hopeless defense of Dek we wouldn't have the resources to get back into sov null.

People are resources too. If things keep up the way they are going, reestablishing a large coalition after MBC have hosed off won't be easy to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

cravius posted:

People are resources too. If things keep up the way they are going, reestablishing a large coalition after MBC have hosed off won't be easy to do.

bleeding humans is inevitable here either way so this is a pretty stupid thing to say

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Cygni posted:

a whole lotta stupid eve players seem to have bought off on the evil empire role playing goof, i fully support moving it to the next phase

This entire war has really reminded me how much I like 40K. It's a pity the game has gone all weird with constant rule changes.

darth cookie posted:

P. sure we're not going to stick our collective genitals in that blender. You'll be fine.

Given my weirder half's preternatural ability to piss people off, I am never sure.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Cygni posted:

how? we are outnumbered like 4 to 1 at primetime and cant win super escalations. even if we could get some of the other cfc alliances organized in saranen and stop losing travel fit caps, we would still be outnumbered like 2 to 1. 'vigorous defense' would just be losing piles of stuff for nothing. really the best idea i can see is to try to slow the sov roll with ceptor fleets and wait for the grr goons coalition to eat each other, which is what the marching orders have been.

What's the deal with being outnumbered when goonswarm alone is bigger than TEST + PL + PH?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Citizen Rat posted:

Oh please do not do this. He's weird enough as GSFs ceo.

Also, goons, you can piss off any of your other allies all you want, but kindly do not piss off the Russians while I am living in Moscow, tia.

The russians are on our side this time.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Are you logged in? :colbert:

This is beside the point :colbert:

There I just logged in.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 11, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

abigserve posted:

What's the deal with being outnumbered when goonswarm alone is bigger than TEST + PL + PH?

that is discounting the literally 50 other alliances in on this thing :v:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

Then we will own smaller amounts of space at the start and build back up. You know tons of alliances have been evicted from null and come back right?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

abigserve posted:

~narrative~

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

that is discounting the literally 50 other alliances in on this thing :v:

It's also discounting the extra 25-30k nerds in your allies, but I guess they're useless anyway

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

Then we will own smaller amounts of space at the start and build back up. You know tons of alliances have been evicted from null and come back right?

Ye, PL lost fountain to us once, got kicked out, then rebuilt somewhere. Did I say us? I meant bob/ken/it/whatever

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

It's also discounting the extra 25-30k nerds in your allies, but I guess they're useless anyway

Do you think posting stupid poo poo enough is going to make us feed you expensive ships?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

bleeding humans is inevitable here either way so this is a pretty stupid thing to say

There's a bit of a disconnect here. Either GSF is gonna slim down as we lose the ~summer children~ and we'll be a better alliance for it, or the Imperium somehow maintains its 40k whatever dudes and remains a superbloc. But sitting in a station for a few months while we get hellpurged from space sure as poo poo isn't going to leave enough left to go on this galactic hatefuck I keep hearing about.

e:

Venom Snake posted:

Which I'm all for. I think it would be a great learning experience. But the messaging coming from the top is literally "we'll wait until they eat each other and then be right back where we were before." Instead we're eating ourselves.

Lugnut Seatcushion fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 12, 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

abigserve posted:

a lot of GSF is Goonwaffe, who is full of inactives + people who are apathetic about eve in general in 2016

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

There's a bit of a disconnect here. Either GSF is gonna slim down as we lose the ~summer children~ and we'll be a better alliance for it, or the Imperium somehow maintains its 40k whatever dudes and remains a superbloc. But sitting in a station for a few months while we get hellpurged from space sure as poo poo isn't going to leave enough left to go on this galactic hatefuck I keep hearing about.

Our allies are going to more than likely get moved into GSF proper because you can't sov war on the defensive when you have a gorillion different alliances and it makes attacking easier as well. Those who decide to leave because they don't like losing will do so and more than likely come back when we are no longer losing.

The whole galatic hatefuck thing is a reference to the fact we have a long list of targets to go after in the future when we have the resources to.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Resubbed, flew around syndicate shooting space russians in my fancy faction arty cane with groons. Was a good time, A++, would recommend. Pusk for best ceo ever.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Cygni posted:

a lot of GSF is Goonwaffe, who is full of inactives + people who are apathetic about eve in general in 2016

I also wonder how much of that is taken up by income-generating alts vs. actual dude(tte)s. I doubt we're more alt-heavy than MBC/LSV but I get the impression those guys tend to hide away their alts in NPC corps or neutral altcorps (no reason not to) whereas industry in Dek was a good reason to put your money alts in-alliance.

I have no idea if this is a significant factor at all but it's something that crosses my mind every time character counts get brought up.

edit: by "those guys" I am primarily talking about PL/NC./lowsec dudes, not PH or TEST I'm not that new or dumb

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 12, 2016

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

cravius posted:

Which is why the strategy is "fly harassment fleets in cheaper, more fun ships that can also, theoretically slow down the enemy taking sov objectives" instead of "throw away heavy assets and tons of resources that won't be replaced anytime soon for unwinnable gudfites" or "mass unsub and invade H1Z1 until everyone goes away" (also nobody wants to play H1Z1).

It's basically a more expensive, larger-scale VCBees and I have no goddamn idea why it's so CONTROVERSIAL.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 12, 2016

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
The real question is how many goons are left? I'm not even talking ~the one true goon~ but literally how many of the 3,200 goonwaffe members are actually still active? I'd bet its less than a few hundred. Apart from those with leadership roles GSF is probably mostly dead and no one has realised.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

cravius posted:

Which I'm all for. I think it would be a great learning experience. But the messaging coming from the top is literally "we'll wait until they eat each other and then be right back where we were before." Instead we're eating ourselves.

the point is that nothing we do can stop us from bleeding members in a defensive war, it's just how this poo poo works, no one likes to lose

pretending like fighting a bunch of hopeless battles that we know we can't win will somehow increase morale is daft as hell

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

cravius posted:

Won't fight to defend, but will fight to re-gain space.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Cygni posted:

Really

Cus it looks like redditors account for more of GSF than actual Goons. But its cool if you guys want to keep worrying about this thread becoming too much like reddit

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

Our allies are going to more than likely get moved into GSF proper because you can't sov war on the defensive when you have a gorillion different alliances and it makes attacking easier as well. Those who decide to leave because they don't like losing will do so and more than likely come back when we are no longer losing.

The whole galatic hatefuck thing is a reference to the fact we have a long list of targets to go after in the future when we have the resources to.

It seems like a good idea mechanics-wise. I think the main issue you might have if you go that route is a culture clash.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Really

Cus it looks like redditors account for more of GSF than actual Goons. But its cool if you guys want to keep worrying about this thread becoming too much like reddit

lmao is a 5 member difference the best you can do

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guys, I know there's slapfighting to be done over land in a fictional place on the internet but you should really take a moment and watch the kitten stream on Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/truth

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Really

I realize you think you got some sick burn in here, but the ~true goon~ well has been tapped out for pretty much the last several years. And I don't think KF even has it's reddit req anymore.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

vodkat posted:

The real question is how many goons are left? I'm not even talking ~the one true goon~ but literally how many of the 3,200 goonwaffe members are actually still active? I'd bet its less than a few hundred. Apart from those with leadership roles GSF is probably mostly dead and no one has realised.
oh i think everyone has realized, they run a participation analysis thing every month

Really

which is why i said 'a lot of' you illiterate turd

gently caress i responded to that guy again, goddamnit

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

vodkat posted:

The real question is how many goons are left?

Prime time US (now) ~100 online.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SperginMcBadposter posted:

It seems like a good idea mechanics-wise. I think the main issue you might have if you go that route is a culture clash.

If that's an issue there a ways to handle it, but the alternative is not having a hope of defending our new space after we take it. I'm also pretty sure this was also what was said when Karmafleet became a thing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or you can not.

Your call really.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

nomad2020 posted:

Prime time US (now) ~100 online.

i hear online count in eve online matters for an alliance that lives on jabber

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

vodkat posted:

I am actually curious about this. Back in the 06-07 days at the start of the great war, I recall a massive newb drive where most jumped on the free 30 day and were given a cheap warship.

Hence the swarm of Bees tactic that made goonswarm iconic. How many of those newbs became bitter vets? how many bailed after BOB was poo poo canned? How many joined reddit or stopped playing?

Its a long time since those days and I would be suprised if there are still thos numbers. The forums themselves saw a decline from 07 onwards (for debatable reasons), so I am not sure if they could be reached again anyway.

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 12, 2016

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

Won't fight to defend, but will fight to re-gain space.

Luckily you don't really have to fight to take space in fozziesov

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Glory of Arioch posted:

lmao is a 5 member difference the best you can do

My fault sorry. I took a few cynos out. Want me to put them back in? We could be ahead with 7 points to spare.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

i hear online count in eve online matters for an alliance that lives on jabber

Truth, didn't think of that.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glory of Arioch posted:

fyi this is

he doesn't want to help us, and nothing he says will attempt to help us in any way :jerry:

dude above makes the point that we are already throwing ships into the fire every day to the order of 1300+ interceptors lost in a weekend

and while the isk value of that many small ships may not be very much that is still a thousand killmails and some absurdly high number of fleets or fights or gudfites or content or whatever the hell you want to call it, which from my understanding of the talking points is what were are trying to deny the enemy

What am I missing?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now here comes the taylor swift memes, I'm amount to get bingo on my "lovely PL badposter" card.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

Luckily you don't really have to fight to take space in fozziesov

I'll keep that in mind.

Venom Snake posted:

Now here comes the taylor swift memes, I'm amount to get bingo on my "lovely PL badposter" card.

that's jLaw.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Nietzschean posted:

dude above makes the point that we are already throwing ships into the fire to the order of a thousand interceptors in a weekend and while the isk value may not be much that is still a thousand killmails which from my understanding of the talking points (i dont watch the twitch stream shows) is what were are trying to deny the enemy

What am I missing?

killmail number has never really mattered, hell i got 100 kills in 36 hours shooting newbie frigates last week, yet it doesn't make me elite pvp

they want expensive fleets to die, in particular our supercaps but they'll take a dumpstered BS fleet too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Haha I just looked at icanseemeseeyou's rap sheet and holy gently caress is he hitting tenement funster levels of bans. Lets talk about being a member of a group that scoffs at paying 10 bucks to post on a forum, while paying an order of magnitude more to keep posting racist screeds on it.

• Locked thread