Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY

Same card that I'm using

rolled a merc and made it to the first bonfire no trouble, killed a few hollows went back to bonfire to restock my estus and hard locked (my monitor even turned off with a "no signal" message, first time a game crashed hard enough for that to happen)

restarted comp and rolled a knight, and turned graphics down from high to medium. due to folk here saying its a safe class, made it to first bonfire no problem, went and fought the first boss the guy you pull the sword out of and as soon as I killed the boss a bunch of steam achievements dinged and then my system hard locked again. well fraggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Low does seem to fix the crashing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Welp, crashing at the first bonfire :( GTX 670

It crashed so badly I had to restart my computer. And I've been up for 20 hours now waiting for this game. gently caress :negative:

Couldn't even reset my computer, I had to pull out the loving power cable.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
The bonfire crashes are seriously still a thing? I was hearing about that from gaming sites and videos a month ago. Bad enough it crashes, I have to turn my pc off too.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 12, 2016

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

What a complete clusterfuck of a launch. When I pay for a game, and preload it, I do not expect to be told "no, you can't play it on launch which was 40 minutes ago, you now have to wait for an undisclosed amount of time which will continually go upwards".

They hosed up the console release AND they hosed up the PC release, way to go Bandai Namco.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Game seems to run perfectly fine for me except I can't move at all so here I stand staring at menus in silky smooth 60fps.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I can't summon anyone, I think that there are so many people playing that when I try another person already summoned the phantom :(

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

Apparently you *have* to be a Knight to not crash?

I tried making a knight character and now I am no longer crashing...

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Well this sucks, I got poor framerate so I tried reducing the resolution to 720p...but then the game won't fullscreen it, just gives me huge black borders around the game-screen. Anyone know how to make it not do that?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I'm playing as a pyromancer and I had no crashes yet

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Character creation freezing for anyone else on PC? Like, the preview on the right side of the screen just freezes on me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The giantbomb guys have been getting the Dark Souls 3 crashes for weeks with no fix? Maybe time to refund this poo poo :(

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Maybe it's my video card? Nvidia Geforce GTX 8800. I'm a computer idiot and don't know what I should do. :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maybe I oughta cancel that vacation day I had tomorrow and wait for a patch before I play. I'd like to be able to actually decide what my guy looks like before I start playing, and also hopefully maybe not crash at the first bonfire.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Trick Question posted:

Welp, whoever told me that this game would run just a bit worse than DS2 was lying I guess, because even at the lowest settings I get like 10 fps. Sometimes if I'm looking at a corner or straight down it gets better. I guess I might finally have to upgrade my E6700 dual-core... though that does mean a motherboard upgrade, which is always a pain. Unless a GTS 450 is too old? I got it just a few years ago, though.

Although I guess it might not be a computer issue, based on the past few posts.

Yes a 450 is too old, a 750 is the minimum recommended. Do you not check these things before dropping 60 bucks on a game?

E: lolling at 8800 guy too wtf

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Those of you with problems, run a validation test via Steam on all those DS3 files.

Someone says to set Light quality down to minimum to prevent bonfire issues.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Smooth as butter for me, 970 with a month old driver, rolled sorcerer and apparently dodged the bonfire crash bug. Only complaint about kb+m controls is that the game still gives me the controller scheme in menus so I sort of have to guess my way around when I want descriptions and such.

Don't buy the soul dart! I did thinking it would be a decent low cost alternative but the damage per fp is tragic.

Soooo many blood stains all over the place, gorgeous.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
zero issues with 970 on a warrior. i suck bad and have died 3/3 times on the first boss cause I have a hard time figuring out when his giant snake thingie is attacking me

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
Game unlocked the exact time my shift started, I may go hollow before I get home :smith:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Just got a crash so hard that my whole computer crashed before the next bonfire. This is easily the hardest dark souls yet.

Send_Ninjas
Oct 10, 2006
Does anyone know what time the Xbox version will unlock?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Hey duders sorry if this has been asked or mentioned before but I'm not confident in my ability to dodge spoilers.

Are daggers still rear end for non-humanoid (that is, poo poo that can't be riposted/backstabbed) PVE in this game? I remember that in Dark Souls 1 even if you wanted to focus on parry/riposting, it was actually better to use a regular weapon than it was to use a high crit dagger because the difference in base damage meant your normal weapon riposte did more damage anyway despite the lower multiplier.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
beat the guy with a sword in his chest, game crashed as soon as bonfire rendered the real dark souls starts here

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wow that king crystal gekko takes forever to kill.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

I'm using a ps4 controller, and haven't had any crashes. Using a radeon 390X. My only problems are I can't seem to kick, and any time I look at the blood where people died it doesn't show anything.

^ I didn't have the patience for that poo poo and just fought the first boss, and then came back to him after being able to level.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Trip report 2: gently caress Katana rear end in a top hat, I knocked him off a cliff because when in doubt try jumping off.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Cyberventurer posted:

Maybe it's my video card? Nvidia Geforce GTX 8800. I'm a computer idiot and don't know what I should do. :(

Most likely! That card released ten years ago (Nov 2006)

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Jesus that first boss is intense for a first boss... hatchi matchi

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am apparently rusty as gently caress at this game, first time I went against that knight with the spearaxe got him down to 40% and now I can barely beat him <_< With a cleric.

was not expecting him to turn into that.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Has anyone been having crashes around lit bonfires? I didn't have any performance troubles until then, and I have two linked GeForce 770s installed. But the game basically crashes as soon as I load up my file, simply because a bonfire is near.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Beefstew posted:

Has anyone been having crashes around lit bonfires? I didn't have any performance troubles until then, and I have two linked GeForce 770s installed. But the game basically crashes as soon as I load up my file, simply because a bonfire is near.

everyone who isn't a knight or have lighting set to low is having that issue

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Your Computer posted:

Welp, crashing at the first bonfire :( GTX 670

It crashed so badly I had to restart my computer. And I've been up for 20 hours now waiting for this game. gently caress :negative:

Couldn't even reset my computer, I had to pull out the loving power cable.

Mine is crashing hard right as I approach first bonfire. GTX 780 Ti

It crashes the entire OS and does a full reboot.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
crashes on 600-700 series cards, stuttering any time you pick up an item + randomly in the environment, game hangs and audioloops when you try and quit...

quote:

Definitely my headset causing the framerate to drop to 5.

Got some others on the Steam forum to test it too. Clashing with some USB drivers/devices.

As I have no idea why it would do such a thing I'm off to bed.

Another Quality PC Port

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So the strategy for now is to roll a Knight and set Lighting to low, correct? :(

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone please give me a Bruce Campbell preset

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

Harrow posted:

Character creation freezing for anyone else on PC? Like, the preview on the right side of the screen just freezes on me.

This happened to me. Save your duder to Favorites and then exit out and go back in, it'll be there and you can pick up where you left off.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mondlicht posted:

This happened to me. Save your duder to Favorites and then exit out and go back in, it'll be there and you can pick up where you left off.

Well that'll be a fun way to do some character creation. Ah, well.

ShadowMar posted:

everyone who isn't a knight or have lighting set to low is having that issue

Is it the armor? Like, if you take off your Herald armor, do you still crash? Or is it somehow tied to your actual class selection?

And is it at every bonfire, or just that first one?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
came across a treasure chest, note telling me great treasure ahead

that would be true if my death was treasure

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm afraid to play the game since it seems to just crash whenever it feels like it even if you get past the Bonfire Issue and at that point, you know the crashes are just going to gently caress you over in the middle of a boss or something

gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Harrow posted:

Well that'll be a fun way to do some character creation. Ah, well.

Is it the armor? Like, if you take off your Herald armor, do you still crash? Or is it somehow tied to your actual class selection?

And is it at every bonfire, or just that first one?

every bonfire, and taking off the armor didn't do anything at all, still crashed