Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Remember when they had that 'rear end hanging out' bug a few days ago?

I wonder if they put in some hasty fix that hosed everything up at bonfires. iirc the glitch happened when people squatted at the bonfire specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

After 15+ crashes as Pyro I am willing to change my character to a walking tin can to play this.

Orv
May 4, 2011

victrix posted:

I wonder if they put in some hasty fix that hosed everything up at bonfires. iirc the glitch happened when people squatted at the bonfire specifically.

It's been happening since reviewers got PC copies weeks ago.

Also more and more people are reporting that unplugging USB headsets or controllers give them noticeable performance increases, so that's great.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Just as a benchmark, I'm using an ASUS GTX 660 OC and it's running fine (though not 60fps) on High, no crashes with an appreciable amount of progress. It must be a driver issue or something.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

victrix posted:

Even approaching the bonfire crashes the game, I never even got close enough to sit.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Game is working completely perfectly, and a smooth framerate too. Thank you From and Namco.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
lmao of course the crystal lizard wasn't the obligatory hard tutorial boss. Obviously its this knight guy!

...oh, you have to kill him :negative:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Someone put a message with "Just give up" in front of katana man. Now I know why. gently caress that guy. Any advice on how to beat him as a merc?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Setting my lighting to low completely fixed the crashing issue for me.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
What kind of loot did I miss out on from the underpants katana guy suiciding off a cliff?

More importantly, how do I enable 16:10 support? If I set the resolution to 1920x1200 it doesn't do anything and the game still runs in letterbox mode.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Can anyone who has tried keyboard and mouse report on how that is working out?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Those crashing roll back your drivers, turn SSAO OFF, turn shadows to medium

Everything else can go up to high and should play pretty smooth, good luck

Asehujiko posted:

What kind of loot did I miss out on from the underpants katana guy suiciding off a cliff?

More importantly, how do I enable 16:10 support? If I set the resolution to 1920x1200 it doesn't do anything and the game still runs in letterbox mode.

You shouldn't miss out on anything when people go off cliffs, if they're not common enemies anyhow. Go hit up a bonfire and re-load the area and his drop will be there. Its his Uchigatana.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

Cicadalek posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but google doesn't seem to bring anything up. I'm playing with a Steam controller, which worked just fine for DS2. But in this game, the right touchpad brings up a menu while clicked, instead of just locking on. This means that trying to lock on ends up with me randomly switching to two hand, cycling items or weapons, etc. Is there any way to just change it back to "click right touchpad, lock on"?

You can do that in the config pretty easily. But i can't even get this game to recognize buttons or the stick or do anything except act like a mouse.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Diogines posted:

Can anyone who has tried keyboard and mouse report on how that is working out?

fine, slightly better than ds2

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Raged posted:

Seeing some reports of PC problems. Is anyone having a good experience with the PC port? I have latest gen i7 and 980 vid card.

Well, I'm doing fantastic. high settings, great frame rate and I'm using a 970 with i7.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is it normal to have the sound constantly glitching out? It seems like half the time when I open a menu or something the ambient wind cuts out and loops back to the beginning. Its really noticeable.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
On a GTX 970, everything on high, no crashes yet. Doesn't mean it's not possible, but I've hit 3 bonfires and no crash yet. I hope that it can be narrowed down to something.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It might simply be that you need an adequate supply of tiger blood to run this game properly. That, or you're simply not giving the game the respect it deserves.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
This is where I'd just shrug and go play something else until a patch rolled out. I'm not the type that absolutely must play day one. But, this bonfire crash is old news and I wonder just how slow they'll be to respond. This game is too pretty to turn lighting down and knights are boring, dammit.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cicadalek posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but google doesn't seem to bring anything up. I'm playing with a Steam controller, which worked just fine for DS2. But in this game, the right touchpad brings up a menu while clicked, instead of just locking on. This means that trying to lock on ends up with me randomly switching to two hand, cycling items or weapons, etc. Is there any way to just change it back to "click right touchpad, lock on"?

The standard scheme is poo poo, find the top rated community scheme

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've no idea how to roll back my drivers, but I set lighting to low and had no crashes so far. Even sat at the (same) bonfire twice. Please be a working temporary fix :pray:

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
980TI @ 4K and everything runs well on high. I haven't had any crashes yet but I think I'm going to refund via Steam before I hit the 2 hour playtime limit until the issues everyone else is having are resolved.

If it starts crashing a few hours in I'd rather not have to sit on a $60 hole in my wallet while it gets fixed.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
No crashes but the framerate tends to be unstable for me on my 660. I'm assuming its just because it's an old card? I've got it set to windowed mode and it defaulted to high, but once I got to firelink it decided I had an unsuitable framerate for online and kicked me to offline. Oh well I probably wouldn't be doing any co-op or invasions for a while yet.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You can't lock on with their default steam controller layout

Like it's not even set up

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
These knights are some saucy boys

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

980ti with no issues after I fixed that weird black screen launch bug.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bite the drat bullet and set your settings to low, people, theres not much of a difference.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Bardeh posted:

Yes a 450 is too old, a 750 is the minimum recommended. Do you not check these things before dropping 60 bucks on a game?

E: lolling at 8800 guy too wtf

Pretty much every other recent game I've played has run reasonably smoothly regardless. I was expecting low settings and maybe needing to lock to 30fps, not unplayable.

It's only like 5 years old, which isn't usually that much considering this is a console game. SOTFS ran at 60fps 1080p with a couple settings turned down. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and upgrade.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Hey do you HIT illusory walls or try to USE them?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Anal Surgery posted:

Hey do you HIT illusory walls or try to USE them?

hit them

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still only at the bonfire on the wall

Between exploring and trying to find the loot and dying constantly I'm not making it far lol

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

net cafe scandal posted:

Bite the drat bullet and set your settings to low, people, theres not much of a difference.

But then I'll only see ten reflected shiny butts and ninty nine pieces of wavy grass instead of twelve butts and a hundred grass.

Anyway that first boss was pretty rad, if confusing. Why did he turn into a resident evil boss? I guess that'll be explained. I liked it though, a simple fight to get back into the game and I can't wait to get good and go back and beat that stupid lizard to death.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

GTX 970, no crashes but getting frame hitches every few seconds, across all quality levels.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

net cafe scandal posted:

It might simply be that you need an adequate supply of tiger blood to run this game properly. That, or you're simply not giving the game the respect it deserves.

The game has found me to be dishonorabu :negative:

Suggested troubleshooting steps: commit sudoku

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

Playing as a Knight has worked for me. Not crashed since and got past Firelink no problem.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
:siren: PC havers, if you are getting a crash near bonfires, set lighting to low :siren:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Finster Dexter posted:

The game has found me to be dishonorabu :negative:

Suggested troubleshooting steps: commit sudoku

Thats racist towards the japanese.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Katanaman 20 tries in. I'm going to keep dying.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Man I haven't gotten to katanaman but if he's feistier than the knightboys this game is gonna be interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Pc crashing has been known for some time. Me? Im sitting in lotus position and meditating until 11am cdt and playing on ps4.