Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
i took it 2-1 over frozen flame.

Came back with the goblins after losing game 1, twas a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Peavstenator, I'm gonna be around all day until about 6:30 eastern. Let me know when's good for you. I'll get on modo later today and idle if I don't hear from you.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Lawnie posted:

Peavstenator, I'm gonna be around all day until about 6:30 eastern. Let me know when's good for you. I'll get on modo later today and idle if I don't hear from you.

On MTGO now. Ready when you are.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

I lost 1-2 to Mister Oblivious. If I hadn't played that last Phyrexian Rager, I might have been able to win. Oh well : \

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Necronomicon posted:

I lost 1-2 to Mister Oblivious. If I hadn't played that last Phyrexian Rager, I might have been able to win. Oh well : \

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
2-1
MisterOblivious-Necronomicon
That was tense.
G2: Draw mountain, mountain, Needle Drop while he's on 1 life. Chittering rats bounced the needle drop back to my hand with lethal on the board the next turn.
G3: Choking Sands vs Curse of the Pierced Heart. Topdecked a mountain a turn before lethal. Sure hope none of the local MBC players splurge on some Sinkholes.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Voyager come face me, if you dare! Although given that I'm U/B Teachings and you're Kuldotha Jeskai I'd understand if you just want to concede now. It'd be the same result either way :colbert:

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Hey SuicideSteve, can I get those cards I lent you back today?

ThePeavstenator posted:

On MTGO now. Ready when you are.

Crap, didn't see this because I'm a loving idiot. I'm on MTGO now but if you can't play anymore I'll concede the round.

Lawnie fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 10, 2016

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Lawnie defeats ThePeavstenator 2-0.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
CompeAnansi defeats Rimusutera 2-1.

UB Delver vs U Delver is an interesting matchup. Game 1 I play out three delvers that flip on the same turn, while he's got a slow draw. Game two I get a slow draw and he floods the board with stormbound geists. Game three he gets mana flooded while I draw a ton of counters and get there with a flipped delver and faerie miscreant. Oh and Rimusutera was confused about what deck I was playing because there is no updated list. Can we get an updated list of decks people are playing when the matchups are posted? I know the tournament is almost over, but it would make things a bit easier.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Welp 5-0ed a League with Goblins because I only flooded out in 3 games when the enemy had a poor draw. Looking to beat on some Kuldotha Jeskai whenever Voyager shows up.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm online now, hit me up whenever so I can lose slowly to interaction.dec

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ok as of right now boco_t, rinski, and fingers are winning their matches. Hellsau and Voyager are tied.

I'm on now and will be for a while, mr. Dong. My work schedule this week already isn't conducive to playing on your schedule, and my wife working at night meant I had to put the baby to sleep for the last few nights when I would have been able to play.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

jackiefabric and I are trying to get our match in tonight. I will let you know!

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I wasn't around much this week and I spent most of my magic time on release events, so Hellsau can take a concession off this one if he wants.

I'd rather play it out if he's around, but he's pretty heavily favored in the matchup anyways so :shrug:

EDIT: we're online and playing

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 11, 2016

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
2-0 Voyager over Hellsau.

On average, Hellsau had great land draws.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

suicidesteve posted:

Ok as of right now boco_t, rinski, and fingers are winning their matches. Hellsau and Voyager are tied.

I'm on now and will be for a while, mr. Dong. My work schedule this week already isn't conducive to playing on your schedule, and my wife working at night meant I had to put the baby to sleep for the last few nights when I would have been able to play.

I'll be available all day and night today if you can play at any point.

playground tough
Oct 29, 2007
rinski and I are gonna try to get this done today, we both had busy weekend schedules :-/

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

And no Magic was played by me for the 3rd match in a row.

Switching back to Tron so I can get paired against the one deck in the league that I have a bad match up against again.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

suicidesteve posted:

And no Magic was played by me for the 3rd match in a row.

I was going to ask if you wanted to play some other non-fog matchups for fun afterwards :(

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I was going to ask if you wanted to play some other non-fog matchups for fun afterwards :(

Fog decks :shepicide:

Steve you should match one of the fog decks up against UB teachings. I want to see how that plays out.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

CompeAnansi posted:

Steve you should match one of the fog decks up against UB teachings. I want to see how that plays out.

Eh, this had nothing to do with Fogs, at least game 2. Game 1 I had 6 or 7 draws at a game-ending 3-outer with like 40 cards and missed, game 2 I mulled a hand that did nothing and had 0 of my 10 sideboard cards, kept 6 with 1 land, scryed to the bottom and missed on like 5 draws.

And believe me if I had any control over the pairings I wouldn't be paired against the worst possible match-up in every match.

playground tough posted:

rinski and I are gonna try to get this done today, we both had busy weekend schedules :-/

Alright, let me know. Unless one of you concedes it'll be a draw.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Please don't I don't want to somehow lose to Turbofog.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I've beaten UB teachings with a Jace's Tutelage Turbofog deck. It's not as lopsided a matchup as it looks, since game one Teachings doesn't know what threats to be playing around and doesn't have many answers to a resolved enchantment or any wincon that will successfully race even a single mill piece hitting the battlefield early. Game two the Fog deck just boards out all its do-nothing fogs for countermagic.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

Alright, let me know. Unless one of you concedes it'll be a draw.

Playing now!

Edit: rinski 2–1 playground tough

Findings:
• Celestial Flare is good against Bogles.

rinski fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 11, 2016

playground tough
Oct 29, 2007

rinski posted:

Playing now!

Edit: rinski 2–1 playground tough

Findings:
• Celestial Flare is good against Bogles.

confirmed

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Pairings.

The Minister let me know when you're around so I can watch you play Magic!

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SHIT YEAH, REQUISITION ME SOME OF THAT SHIT, BITCH

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS, BITCH
The Peavstenator, I can do nights Wednesday or Thursday, and then Sunday afternoon/evening.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Lonely Bridge, I'd love an excuse to stop doing dishes and laundry tonight, available for the next hour and a half until 10 eastern. After tonight I'm thinking Thursday is the next night I'm free.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Necronomicon I'm free today, tomorrow, and Wednesday evenings after 6 MDT until like 10 or something. Or this weekend I guess. I don't typically idle on MODO but just lemme know when I should hop on.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

FingersMcLongDong, I will be around all day tomorrow and wednesday playing Dark Souls so I'll leave modo open

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Pwnguin - on now, tomorrow mostly all day GMT (not between like 6-12pm), Wednesday all day, Saturday all day. Thursday/Friday would be late evenings GMT

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Well shite. you're still on bogles? playground tough?

Also whats the kosherness on changing your list, like the exact 75 not the archetype, again?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Rimusutera posted:

Well shite. you're still on bogles? playground tough?

Also whats the kosherness on changing your list, like the exact 75 not the archetype, again?

Between rounds if you lost you can change your list or your archetype. Once pairings are up don't do that.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Gotcha. It'll stay the same.

I've been considering tweaking and adding a Devour Flesh or two from my old GTC drafts to my sideboard, I dont have Chainer's edicts unfortunately, and I guess I should have done that sooner.

PS I dont have edicts in my deck and judging by the OP Im up against boggles.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Lost 1-2 to Pwnguin. Izzetron really didn't need Pulse of Murasa.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Frozen_flame posted:

Lost 1-2 to Pwnguin. Izzetron really didn't need Pulse of Murasa.

Agreed.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

uruloki posted:

The Peavstenator, I can do nights Wednesday or Thursday, and then Sunday afternoon/evening.

No space in my name for MTGO fyi. I should be available wednesday.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Static Equilibrium posted:

Necronomicon I'm free today, tomorrow, and Wednesday evenings after 6 MDT until like 10 or something. Or this weekend I guess. I don't typically idle on MODO but just lemme know when I should hop on.

Hey there, I should be around this evening. Between 6-7 MDT is probably the best time for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Necronomicon posted:

Hey there, I should be around this evening. Between 6-7 MDT is probably the best time for me.

I'll be on then.

• Locked thread