Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

every enemy in video games should go down with one hit imo and you should always have unlimited dash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I can't wait until the Souls fad ends.

I too eagerly await the stop of a series of cool games that people like.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

enjoyment is just a fad and i can't wait for it to go away.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

axleblaze posted:

I too eagerly await the stop of a series of cool games that people like.

They can keep makin' 'em I just want to go back to never hearing about them, especially not from hyperactive indie game devs.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Developers getting inspired by games they play piss me off too. Like when Sakaguchi wouldn't shut up and Dungeons and Dragons, what a loving nerd.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there arent enough games inspired by Paul Blart Mall cop

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Y'all are super mad I don't like this gaming fad. Pretend I was talking about cover based shooters instead.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i've never found it particularly hard to avoid stuff that I'm uninterested in

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I like video games like Dark Souls and am turgid at the arrival of Dark Souls 3.

I'm drinking red wine, so I'm gonna dramatically toss it aside like the first boss of Dark Souls: Symphony of the Night.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I thought DS3 already arrived based on my friends list being mostly composed of "in-game DARK SOULS 3".

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am poo poo at Dark Souls and can't run it on anything right now but please enjoy your game, friends! :)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I will play Dark Souls come the weekend. Bloodborne was my game of the some timeframe but I'm pretty deep into a couple rpg's and want to finish them off.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I just like to say dark souls is bad because sometimes people get upset. it's my personal meme (pronounced "meeme")

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dark Souls 3 is good. I'm running it on a five-year-old computer with a three-year-old video card, and get decent frame rate on low settings most of the time. It's perfectly playable, so if you're like me and don't even meet the minimum requirements, try it out anyway, you may be able to tolerate it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The World's Best Selling PC Magaz

The layering on that cover makes no sense. His arm that's further away from the viewer overlaps the tagline, but the muzzle flash from the gun he's holding closer to the viewer (and is firing towards his face for some reason?) is overlapped by the tagline.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

raditts posted:

The World's Best Selling PC Magaz

The layering on that cover makes no sense. His arm that's further away from the viewer overlaps the tagline, but the muzzle flash from the gun he's holding closer to the viewer (and is firing towards his face for some reason?) is overlapped by the tagline.

Ro lii
e

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lurdiak posted:

Y'all are super mad I don't like this gaming fad. Pretend I was talking about cover based shooters instead.

This is how it's been with dark soul spergs from the very first one, just be glad it doesn't lead to a five page derail anymore.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I just don't have the time to do Dark Souls 3 right now, ugh

I finally have money to buy games more or less on a whim but like no time to play them; Nature's Cruelest Joke

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

bloodychill posted:

I will play Dark Souls come the weekend. Bloodborne was my game of the some timeframe but I'm pretty deep into a couple rpg's and want to finish them off.

This game is just as good as BB was, possibly better

However they front loaded the difficulty a lot, the first area is much harder then the second

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

The Wario Ware/Rhythm Heaven art guy at Nintendo is super into Paul Blart so they count retroactively.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I just like to say dark souls is bad because sometimes people get upset. it's my personal meme (pronounced "meeme")

I thought it was pronounced "meh-may" (as in, rhymes with "Target")

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I had a dream once that I was playing a Paul Blart Mall Cop game.

It was a horror title where you got stuck in the mall and had to navigate around on your rascal scooter attempting to keep it charged up while avoiding monsters that lurked in the mall.

That would probably be a legit fun game to play

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I had a dream once that I was playing a Paul Blart Mall Cop game.

It was a horror title where you got stuck in the mall and had to navigate around on your rascal scooter attempting to keep it charged up while avoiding monsters that lurked in the mall.

That would probably be a legit fun game to play

Would you say it's Mario Kart meets Dead Rising?

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Apparently Dark Souls III is like $14 USD on the Mexican Steam store.

It was only for the Deluxe edition and it was $14 pesos (0.79 USD). :mexico:

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

They can keep makin' 'em I just want to go back to never hearing about them, especially not from hyperactive indie game devs.

There's a reason why I never have anything to say about the massive amounts of JRPGs this thread seems to all have played.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why do people like things I don't???

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I hope you don't think that's what I said.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lurdiak posted:

It's not often though that we get such a prominent series that's actually good. Even that bad one's still a really good game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

It's not often though that we get such a prominent series that's actually good. Even that bad one's still a really good game.

Yeah, sure, whatever you say.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Joe Gillian posted:

I hope you don't think that's what I said.

I got what you meant and I respect it a lot and I try to do that more often these days instead of thread making GBS threads when people talk about something I don't care about or don't know much about.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tbf the chat threads been a lot better about that lately.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lencho posted:

It was only for the Deluxe edition and it was $14 pesos (0.79 USD). :mexico:

I'm sad I missed out on it. :( I couldn't find anyone to get it for me in time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

McSpanky posted:

Would you say it's Mario Kart meets Dead Rising?

Nah it was more like amnesia but with tank controls because rascals

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Morning games chat.

I got to play Dark Souls 3 for a bit last night before collapsing due to being very, very tired.

It's amazing. Here's a video of me playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPsdxR0zzNE

Also played Hyper Light Drifter while waiting for DS3, I love the music and sound tying into the game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ciaphas posted:

Uncertain if you're being ironic here but in case you're not, so am I

With a very small number of exceptions (monster hunter and ffxiv basically) shorter games seem to do it for me nowadays. Downwell and Gremlins, Inc have been my jam for a while

Life is Strange was my GOTY 2015, easy&shortcore supremacy for all time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Being mad about "gaming fads" is stupid for the same reason being mad about a game being "overrated" is stupid: you're just creating in your mind an imaginary group of people who all like the thing you don't like, then getting mad about it. You're not even angry about a real thing, just about statistics you made up in your head.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Literally all my friends love Dark Souls and never shut up about Dark Souls.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Are Dark Souls fans called Soulies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

And? Be happy for your friends that they're excited about something they like. What is this, middle school?

• Locked thread